Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Forgotten (Ezralora and GuardianAngel)

Zyphine looked towards him before she spoke, "I hear the whispers of the nature around me." With that she was giving a faint nod at the mention of them having a lot of work to do. No she didn't disagree with that. The Salamander in her arms seemed to calm although it wasn't long before he was trying to leap out of her arms, which had her setting him on the ground so that he could take off into the forest. Once he was out of her arms, the woman was taking to sinking back down into the water, Inigo walking over with her dress at that point in time, and mentioning that she was going to catch a cold if she wasn't careful. "This water is actually quite warm." she commented after a moment in time.

Fiarn nodded his head before staring into the water, "I will take your word for it Zyphine." He gave her a little smile, but again it appeared hollow and empty of feeling. Trailing his black nail along his cheek he stared up at the sky again as it began to become painted with purples and oranges, the clouds having faded with the demon. "Such a strange and familiar place." He said, as he rubbed his temple and frowned as if he were trying to remember something long forgotten. "You have no experience with weapons, or fighting?" He asked her, tapping his cheek before looking at Inigo. "And we cannot continue to rely on you... Inigo, it would be too much pressure."

Zyphine looked towards him for a moment as she was wading out of the water and taking to pulling on her dress, and wringing out her hair a bit. Thank god for magic, it made it so that her clothes were soaking wet. "I've never had a need to fight." she spoke after a moment in time. Man they others that had sent them there really hadn't thought it through entirely. Especially considering.... Zyphine preferred to stay out of the fighting. If she did have to fight, well she would just lure stuff towards somebody who could actually fight. But since that didn't seem to be a thing. With that she was thinking for a moment before she spoke, "Perhaps it is time to enlist some help. Why not see if we can find a town, and see if there are mercenaries we can hire that would be willing to assist in this battle against these demons. It would be to help protect their lands."

Fiarn brought his hand up before pointing his right index finger towards the sky, "Not until morning... i do not wish to travel at night." He said, as he cast his moon eyes down to the ground as a small breeze moved through the place they were. He knew he was stronger once the sun had set, but wasn't sure in what way he would be. At least he wanted to take the night to find out how it would be effected. "If you do not mind of course." He said, and placed the pouch in his lap as he watched her get dressed, "It would be a great idea to do so though, they could also give us a better knowledge of the land than we could ever know." He pointed out, they were for all intense and purposes foreigners to this land.

Zyphine was giving a shake of her head before she spoke, "No I agree, it would be a wise idea to camp for the night, and it is safe." With that she was giving a faint smile and was sitting down on the ground near him, just gazing up at the sky. The suns in this world were different but at the same time... there was something majestic and beautiful about it. Inigo prowled around before he was finding a spot to lie down where he could keep an eye on both of them and the surrounding area. His wounds were all healed up as well, thanks to that flower.

Fiarn continued to stare up at the sky before turning his head as he saw the moon clearer now, no longer hidden by the light of the sun as it glowed brilliantly amongst the stars. As the inky black of night came in he took in a shaky breath as he felt a chill in the air around him, his eyes glowing bright before the light of the moon bathed over him, his robe turning into a dark blue matching his hair. Standing up to his feet, he glanced about the land, as small wisps began to light up the pond, little flickers of light, spirits of the deceased forming in the area of the God of Death as he looked over the scene. It felt as though a portion of his mind had been freed, and knowledge began to pour into it, things he should have known, that he should have kept... but then the memory of how he can lose so much in the day. "Zyphine.. look..." He closed his hand before pointing at the wisps, watching as they danced upon the surface of the water, making it look as if it had been set aglow.

Zyphine had been watching the sky at that point in time although it wasn't long before her attention was turning towards the spring, and the wisps that danced across the surface of the water. "Oh wow." she breathed after a moment in time just watching them, a faint smile on her lips. This world was definitely more beautiful than the physical world, that wasn't something that she could deny. There was so much more to see, and to learn about. And they really didn't have to be afraid of who they were, what they were... they didn't have to hide themselves.

Fiarn nodded at her before sitting down once more and smiling, as his eyes glowed now as the moon was out. Holding out his hand a few began to approach them, small whispered escaping them as they flew through the air and rested near the three of them. "How long do you reckon this will take us?" He asked her, turning his head, as had a somewhat sorrowful expression on his face, mainly at the fact this could take them an eternity to finish. Or complete, yet deep down there was a small hope that it would prove a fruitful task.

Zyphine was tilting her head a bit when he asked how long she thought that it was going to take them. Wait take them to do what? Defeat the demons? If that was the case... then it was going to take a while. New ones were constantly being born, constantly. "For us to take care of the demons? It is going to take a long while, possibly forever." she spoke after a moment in time, before shaking her head a bit.

Fiarn slowly nodded and let out a soft sigh before he let the wisp go and it floated around Zyphine. "Then maybe we should learn of each other at some point in this journey as well." He muttered, as he looked out of the water before glancing at her. "If we do not grow sick of each other that is." He said as he felt a small laugh leave his lips, the first laugh he had genuinely felt. He took in a deep breath as the night life of the forest appeared so peaceful to him compared to the day. "So which direction should head upon the morning?"

Zyphine looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "I'm a pretty open book, ask me anything and I'll give an answer." With that she was giving a faint smile before brushing a few strands of her hair out of her face, before she was laying back on the ground. It was so peaceful at that point in time. She was just listening to the sounds of nature around her when he was asking which direction they should head in in the morning. This had her giving a slow shake of her head before she spoke, "I have no idea."

Fiarn smiled a little at her before bowing his head at her response, and fell quiet. He let the sound of the birds and animals of the night echo over the clearing as he leaned forward slowly, as he placed his hand on the ground as if he were feeling out for something important in the soil. "We will pick a direction then tomorrow." He spoke slowly and carefully before plucking a stone from the ground and caressed it between his hand. "An open book..." He muttered quietly. "Who would you have preferred to be with in this situation?" He asked her, with a slight chuckle, showing he'd take no offence in her answer.

"Who would I have preferred? I'm honestly not sure. I would have preferred not to have to come here but at the same time.... I like it here. Despite the demons, it has a peaceful aura about it. Besides, I don't converse with any of the Gods much. I'm typically within my domain. Not an overly big fan of people." Zyphine spoke after a moment in time before she was shaking her head a bit, before she was just looking at him slightly from where she was laying.

Fiarn listened intently as she spoke, and merely nodded his head as she finished. "Fair enough, i understand what you mean though it is nothing like i had expected this place... I almost expected a land where the sun never shone, and the clouds were blacker than the night." He rose to his feet slowly, before searching around the edge of the tree line, as he continued. "Yet it seems so full of life... or Spirits i suppose i should say. Can we call it life?"

"I can definitely say that it is full of life, I consider it full of life. There are many animals thriving around us, many supernatural creatures as well. So far... I am unsure about if there are any actual villages or towns, or anything like that, but I suppose we'll find out soon." Zyphine spoke after a moment in time before she was gazing up at the sky. Strangely there were no stars at all, but it wasn't cloudy at all, it was a bit strange.

"Perhaps there will be, people of the world mention lots of spirits, Oni, fairies, you name it. There should be those that protect the forest... or those of the sea. There has been so much culture built that i find it hard to believe there will be no settlements." He came back with a dried bit of wood and slammed it onto the ground, before reaching beneath his coat and taking out fine tools as he began to chisel into the wood. It was common in the old days for people to make death masks, to ward off the God, and it began to look like that was what he was carving, as he blew saw dust away.

Zyphine was giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "Oh I'm sure there will be settlements, although who knows the condition of them." With that she was blowing some of her hair from her face, and shaking her head a bit. She did watched as he took to starting to chisel away at wood, although she didn't pay much heed after a while. Nope she was just going to sit back and relax, enjoy the nice weather at that point in time.

Fiarn smiled as she agreed with him, to some respect at least. "It is strange though... how this world can be similar yet different in so many ways.." He added, and glanced up at the sky again, showing that like her he had noticed the lack of stars within the inky blackness of the night. "Unsettling is it not?" He asked her, as he saw her relaxing before falling quiet. "F-forgive me, i'll leave you to your thoughts." He turned back, and continued to work, as the wisps continued to move along the surface, a fair few of them settling in a circle around them.

Zyphine was giving a nod before she spoke, "Some of the differences are almost eerie." Yes it was most definitely unsettling and she was soon enough dismissing his last comment. No he wasn't really bothering her or anything, the idle chatter was fine by her. If anything she was more lost in the thoughts of thinking about this place, trying to figure it out if anything. It was beautiful thought, majestic but it held something dangerous about it. Her attention turned towards the forest at Inigo's mental message, and she could see a few small white things (think the things from Princess Mononoke, the tree spirits), they had humanoid like bodies but their heads were abnormal. They weren't that big whatsoever, maybe up to the middle of Zyphine's leg, between the ground and her knee, if that. This had the woman getting up and moving over closer to the edge of the woods just kneeling down. A things seemed to vanish but she was speaking softly assuring them that they meant them no harm, which had them coming out of hiding once again. They made strange almost clicking noises as they spoke. "We should probably get some rest." she spoke after a moment in time, before giving a small smile as she watched the little creatures.

Fiarn smiled as he continued to chisel away working quickly, as most gods tended to do as the wood began to take shape. However, at the sound of clicking he lifted his head, and saw those spirits beginning to approach slowly. Not knowing what they were he followed after her, taking everything with him, as he sat next to her the wood resting in his lap as he watched them with his curious moon silver eyes. "Hmm... they are oddly... beautiful..." He said quietly, as continued to study them. He was about to get back to work before she spoke again. "You can sleep... i think i'll stay up for a little bit longer and... finish." he muttered, knocking the handle of his small chisel against the wooden carvings on the mask. His gaze averted and looked back at the forest people. "If anything comes up in the night i'm sure Inigo will let you know far before i can."

"I don't think we have to worry. These little guys will keep an eye out as well, and I'm sure your wisps shall as well." Zyphine commented after a moment in time before she actually took to laying on the ground under one of the trees, just watching the things as they seemed to dance about, a faint smile on her lips. A few of them had actually ventured over towards where Fiarn was at, so that they could examine him, just clicking away faintly. Inigo just watched them although other than that he was perfectly relaxed, just laying his head down on his paws. No they were harmless creatures, they couldn't do much of anything.

Fiarn smiled as he continued to turn his tools with expert precisions, as the flecks of wood shavings came off the main source, and scattered onto the ground, soon enough he was surrounding in them, by then they had ventured towards him. He gave them a soft smile before lifting up what he had created, spirits were something he was familiar with as most were in some way linked to the after life. The mask he had carved covered his entire face, apart from his mouth, and shielded his gleaming eyes from the world. It had two beautifully carved horns coming out of the side, horizontally to stretch over the sides of his face. Engraved in the wood were fine marks similar to Celtic ones. It was a beautiful piece, and if he had done his job well. Shield his presence from other people as he didn't want to accidentally claim a life. "What do you think?" He asked quietly to the clicking little guys.

At some point while he had been carving his mask, Zyphine had ended up falling asleep, curled up on the ground, using her arm as a few. A number of the forest spirits were sitting around her as well, almost as if they were guarding her. Those that had gone over to Fiarn had just taken to studying him even more, faintly clicking away. When the question was asked of what they thought, the clicking seemed to be more erractic and fast, as if they approved of it. Inigo just watched from where he was laying before he was getting up and stretching a bit, padding over to the spring to drink some water.

Fiarn was smiling before he gave them a nod. "Excellent.." He let his hand go, and the mask remained in place as he leaned back against his wild bushy hair and stair up at the moon. Slowly he glanced to the side and couldn't help but feel a slight twinge of jealousy, but it last merely a second. It was at how Zyphine seemed to always have company in those around her and even Inigo. Turning his head he followed the great white tiger as he moved over and began to take a drink. Fiddling with his blue robe, he quickly dismissed those emotions as it was unfair of him to have them.

Inigo was looking towards the other god for a moment in time before he spoke, "I like you, you seem trustworthy enough. Unlike some of the other gods.... I would sooner bite them than allow them near by mistress." Well the tiger was very honest about stuff that was for sure, and he was now looking at the little white creatures that seemed to be standing on the water, right where he was about to drink. Just clicking away. It seemed like the liked Fiarn as well, he had a couple that had taken refugee on his shoulder, and there were one or two in his hair. How they got there was a bit of a mystery yet again.... they were spirits.

Back
Top Bottom