Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escaping Limbo (BurningWillow & BloodRedRomeo)

Veronica smiled and nuzzled into his neck, kissing under his jaw, “That sounds good Roland. I think that might be the best way.”

She had to help him. To show she could share. She would struggle a bit like Andrea, but she would make this work.

“You should make her hot chocolate too. Lela knows her favourite way, she could whip some up. And she has a couple candles in her room that relax her. Want me to light them?”

See? I’m helping. I’ll share. If it means I get you in my life like this Roland. Now and for forever.

He smiled at this. Not bad ideas, but he could see her; the thoughts running through her head. He nuzzled her.

“You don’t need to force yourself,” he said, worried that’s what she was doing. “You can take your time getting used to this. When it comes to sex and romance, you can be as involved as you want with the other girls. Not at all is option.” He wanted to make it clear there was no obligation to join in. She could do things at her pace.

Veronica tilted her head up and smiled at home, breathing out a sigh of relief, “Alright. Thanks. I’m trying but I...it’s an adjustment. Roland? Would you be upset if I slept in here tonight?”

He would know it was more than wanting to be in his space. Last time Tyler had reappeared in her life she hadn’t been able to sleep alone, bunking with every one of the girls, not wishing to be alone. She looked over at her cellphone, lying on its screen on the nightstand then back at him.

“Please Roland?” If he wanted to look he could. He would see missed calls and unopened text messages from him on her locked screen. Veronica had peeked but she didn’t look at it. She wanted to enjoy her moments with Roland, not worry about that jerk. But that didn’t mean she wanted to sleep alone in her room tonight.

He looked at her with concern. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what had her worried. He knew about the bunking back then. His eyes darted over to the phone. He grabbed it and brought it to him, seeing the texts and the calls. Roland regretted letting him get away so easily last night.

“Want me to put off approaching Beth?” he asked. He genuinely meant it. “She may want me to sleep in her room if she accepts, but I don’t want to leave you alone like this.” He put the phone back on the side table, regretting the breach of privacy.

Veronica didn’t mind him looking. He was protecting her. He had always been her knight in shining armor. One of the many reasons she had fallen in love with him.

“No...no you have it all planned,” she rubbed his chest over his shirt, “Even sleeping alone in here with the door locked will feel safer than my own room. I’ll be okay Roland.”

“Are you sure?” he asked, looking over her again. He didn’t like leaving her, but he also didn’t want to leave Beth out, making sure she didn’t feel like an afterthought. Or rush her discovering it other ways. “How about I ask Lela to sleep in here as well? That way you won’t be alone. I know she’ll be happy to do it.” He thought that was a good compromise. Hopefully she agreed.

“Sure,” she agreed. Lela and her weren’t the closest among them, only because Lela was outgoing and Veronica was considerably not, but Lela had always stood up for her best friend in a fight. V’s closest friend had to be Beth or Andrea, but one was going to be busy with Roland tonight and the other was dealing with her own jealousy like Veronica. Lela was a good choice.

“Please don’t worry about me Roland. You got Beth to plan for right?” She asked, trying to take his mind off Tyler, “I promise I’ll get her in her favourite pajamas ok?”

Roland just held her tighter. “You get her in, I’ll get her out,” he said jokingly. In reality, he’d be fine not having sex with Beth. Telling her his feelings was the most important thing.

“V, I love you. You need me, I’m there for you. I can wait an extra day to tell Beth if you need me to. I’ll go to her if you say you’re fine, but just tell me if you need me to change plans. That’s the very least I can do for you.”

Veronica continued to stroke his chest, “I can do this Roland. I can do one night. I never use to be able to sleep with you anyways. It was always one of the girls rooms. It just feels safest in here, even if that sounds weird. But don’t wait to tell Beth. You didn’t get the chance to tell me before I found out by accident and look where it lead me?”

She pointed to her bruised face. Lela would be good company tonight. She hated Tyler almost as strongly as Roland did.

Roland leaned in, very gently kissing the bruise as if casting a spell to take away the pain. That was when Roland had an idea. It may not have been the best, but he thought it could work.

“I’ll let Lela know. If you want, we can even bring you food in here. If this is where you feel safe, you can stay here as long as you need,” he assured her. “But I want to ask, can I see what he’s texting you? I want to know what he’s saying, but I won’t look if you don’t want me to.”

Her eyes closed, his warm lips on her face somehow cooling the bruise. She wished he could kiss it away. It was an ugly reminder of the ugly person Tyler was.

"I can eat out there with everyone," she promised, "It'll be good to let them know I'm okay. But I would like to sleep in here tonight."

She continued to draw circles on his chest, then froze at his question, before returning to it, "You...can...if you like. I don't know what he wrote. I didn't want to look, and I didn't want you to see it either Roland. Because I know it'll upset you. Whatever he's saying, its not true. I know that. But...if you still want to..."

“I understand,” he replied, retracting the hand that had been moving toward the phone and instead wrapping it back around her. “If you don’t want me to look, I won’t.” He didn’t want to do that, but he needed to. She needed to see that he would respect her and her boundaries. That was something Tyler never did. Roland was no Tyler.

“I’ll just look at something that can never make me angry,” he told her, his eyes holding her gaze without the hint of wavering. He hoped this display would reassure her. He trusted her to tell him if he needed to know.

Veronica smiled softly, then blushed, "Never hey? What about that time I dropped your science project in grade eleven?"

It was a joke, meant to ease the mood. He hadn't been that angry. And she had spent all day fixing it for him. The memory made her smile, "I think I might have loved you even then. The way your eyes lit up when you were happy, how you smiled when I walked into the room. You made me feel important."

She blushed and kissed him quickly, "And I know I still am. Thank you for trusting me. How can I repay that?"

She giggled and brought her lips back to his, this time holding them, softly making out with him, easing the conversation off Tyler and back to them. She loved him. V wanted to be with him. And she loved that he trusted her.

Roland kissed her right back, loving the feel of it. “I don’t know when I fell in love with you,” he admitted after they parted. “But I know I have been for a long time. And I’ll stay that way for a long time. As to how you can repay me...” he paused jokingly as if he really was thinking about it. “How about you keep being someone I can trust?”

Roland wanted to keep doing this, he really did. But he knew he had other things to do. Namely, the schoolwork that needed to be finished. He’d be with Beth tonight, so this afternoon was the only time for it. As soon as he and V were done, he had to hit the books.

Veronica smiled, “I can do that.”

They cuddled a bit longer than even V realized she had plenty of schoolwork to do too and let him go, kissing him before exiting, saying hi to the girls and asking if anyone else had their schoolwork done. Soon they all had their books and laptops and were sprawled around the living room doing their work.

Roland joined the girls out in the room, taking in the quiet atmosphere of the group. Even when they weren’t doing anything sexual, there was still something in the air. Things had changed, and Roland believed it was for the best.

After a few hours, Roland went back to his room, finding he wanted to be alone to focus a bit more. Sexy girls have a way of distracting horny men. He took a break for a brief dinner, but his evening was almost entirely studying. That, and waiting for Beth’s return. He was excited and nervous. But if everything went well, he would attain what he’d consider a perfect life.

When Beth came home, Veronica stopped studying and coyly got Beth settled down and in her favourite red silk pajamas. It was a little difficult but it worked, and she gave Roland a thumbs up as she came down the stairs and said goodnight, wanting to go hide out in Roland’s room. Tia and Ashley had already called it a night and were in Ashley’s room together, likely not to resurface till morning, but Andrea joined Lela in giving Veronica company so she wasnt scared, both finished their schoolwork. Veronica luckily only had studying left but she couldn’t focus on it, her phone still actively buzzing here and there with Tyler still trying to pester her.

“Don’t look,” V told Lela, ignoring the phone on the nightstand, “Please, I just don’t want to look yet.”

Roland was excited, knowing now was the time to make or break. Well, it wouldn’t be a complete break. Even if Beth said no, the other five were still on board. It just would feel like less. He felt it needed to be the seven of them, no matter what.

He went up to Beth’s room, dressed in his own pajamas: a pair of sweat pants and a tight tank top. He hoped Beth would like the show. He was careful to be quiet, knocking on her door lightly so as not to surprise her too much but loud enough to be heard. “Beth, it’s Roland. Can I come in?”

Bethany looked up from her textbook, sitting in her pajamas that Veronica had graciously washed and handed back - why she had them Beth wasn’t sure - and looked to the door. Why’s Roland here?

“Uh, yeah. Come in,” she called, trying to calm the blush already forming. Her pajamas happen to show a lot of skin. A red silk two piece, shorts that clung to her mid thigh and a tank top that barely held her breasts in. But even if they were a little risqué for the shy girl, they were the most comfortable to sleep in.

Quickly she made sure her hair wasn’t a mess and she closed her textbook, shoving papers around that were across her bed into a pile and stacking them on her nightstand as the door opened. Her room was cute with pink walls and tidy, a contrast to Tia’s room that was constantly a mess of designer clothes. Most of the girls kept their rooms somewhat clean, but Beth had nothing out of place. She liked it neat.

“Can I help you Roland?” She asked, her smile beaming up at him. Did he even know she only smiled like this for him? Did he know just looking at him gave her butterflies? “Did you get stuck on our HR worksheet for Tuesday’s class? I almost gave up, he had to find the hardest questions to answer.”

Roland stepped inside, pausing to admire her. She was so beautiful. Then he closed the door, keeping them alone. “Actually, I’ve akready finished the homework. I came by because I wanted to spend time with you.” Honesty. That’s what he wanted to show. He wasn’t going to try to deceive her.

Roland walked over to her, taking a seat on the bed next to her, keeping his eyes on her. She was so lovely, it was a miracle no one had snapped her up yet. If it wasn’t for her obvious crush on him, someone probably would have.

“Beth,” he started, reaching out and taking her hand in his. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”

She blinked, surprised by his reply. It was after nine. Granted it was still Sunday and their first class on Monday wasn’t till noon, but she was in her pjs. As was he. And he had never knocked on her door before to just spend time with her. Beth was both thrilled and suspicious. She watched him sit on her bed as she drew her knees up to give him room, trying to puzzle out his true motive, while also trying not to act overexcited at this chance to be alone with him. She wanted to lean forward and smell his cologne. But she didn’t dare. She didn’t have that kind of courage.

“Roland I-“ she paused then her eyes popped wide and her cheeks turned red as she looked down at the hand he was holding, HER hand he was holding, and back to him. She was speechless. Never in a million years did she think this day would truly come. She almost felt like fainting but knew she wouldn’t. She wouldn’t let a second of this be missed or forgotten.

Should he keep it like this, or jump right in? He thought for second and then decided jumping was best. It would prevent her from feeling betrayed or led on. That said, he’d at least phrase it to her benefit. He hoped.

“Beth, I love you,” he confessed. “I’ve loved you for a long time now. But I haven’t said anything because I don’t love just you. I love everyone. I love you, I love V, I love Tia, I love Andrea, I love Ashley, and I love Lela. I couldn’t choose between any of you. So recently I decided I wouldn’t,” he explained. “I’d choose all of you.”

Roland wasn’t surprised by her reaction. It was probably the most reasonable thing she could’ve done at the moment. “I love you,” he repeated. “I just love everyone here equally.” He squeezed her hand a bit tighter as he told her this, feeling a bit more nervous. “I want to date you. I just want you to let me date everyone else as well.”

Bethany was still staring at him flabbergasted. Her heart was pounding at the words she had been waiting years to hear, but her brain panicking, trying to wrap around his words.

“You want...Roland what? You can’t...you can’t be serious?!”

Was he just looking to sleep with them all? To date them...that was impossible.

“No...no your not being serious. You can’t be. You can’t date all of us. That’s...that’s wrong. And mean! What if one of us loves you more? What if...what if you decide to pick just one and dump the rest? No...no Roland no.”

She pulled her hand out of his and started to cry, “Why are you doing this me? You know I’ve loved you since seventh grade! You know I’ve never even kissed a boy! Why would you hurt me like this? You come in here...all cute and tell me you love me...but only if you can fuck other girls?!”

She swore. It wasn’t often she did but it held weight coming from her tongue. The tears rolled down her cheeks, staining her silk top.

“I don’t want your sloppy seconds or thirds. I don’t want to be some harem girl to fill whatever twisted fantasy you have Roland. I thought you were better than that. I thought you knew me better than that.”

Her bottom lip shook and she stared at her hands in her lap, crying.

Downstairs the girls were even talking about it.

“You think Beth will like it?”

“No,” Andrea shook her head flatly, “she’s going to hate it. He has his work cut out for him.”

“He’s been in love with him longer than any of us. She hasn’t even held a boys hand,” Ashley pointed out, “she’s always hoped he would come to love her. Out of all of us, she was the last to make that promise.”

“Yeah trying to convince Beth that none of us could have him because we all loved him was rough,” Lela nodded, “and she grew up catholic so...”

“So?” Tia raised an eyebrow.

“So poliamorous relationships are sin to Catholics aren’t they?” Lela asked, “they believe in a man and women. Not a man and six women.”

“Or two women,” Tia teased, kissing Ashley as they snuggled together at the end of the bed, “so you think Beth is going to lose it?”

Lela and Andrea nodded.

“I think Roland can make it work,” Veronica offered softly. She looked around at them, “he convinced all of us right? Even though at least two of us are straight.”

She stared at Andrea who nodded.

“I never thought I’d agree to this but I love him too much to turn him down. And if it works it works. I think he can make Beth see.”

“How?”

“How did he convince you Andrea?”

She blushed fiercely, “He...took my virginity. But he gave me the choice.”

Veronica smiled, “he gave me what I wanted in that car. After that...I couldn’t say no. He made me feel so...”

“Alive?” Lela finished grinning, “he gave me something like that too. I’ve never felt so close to him.”

Tia nodded, “same. He took mine too Andrea.”

Ashley made a face, “Am I the only one whose had nothing to give?”

“Had butt sex yet Ashley?” Lela asked.

“Once but...”

“Tried oral?” Veronica countered.

“Well sort of. I’ve never, you know, deepthroated. Never seen Roland’s size though.”

The girls grinned and Tia squeezed her, “give him that. Then you’ll know what we mean.”

“Closer than ever.”

All of them nodded in agreement.

Back
Top Bottom