A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Jin’s only response was even breathing, her expression calm, like she was merely napping and not being locked away in a cage.

He frowned and gently kissed her head, sitting with her for a while longer before forcing himself to leave. He had to find someone to feed Masamune or he wouldn't heal.

Nana sat in the corner of the throne room as Masamune slumped down in his chair, wheezing from his wounds. She had been there when Kojurou’s punishment had started, and remained there when the fighting happened, too scared to move from her spot in the chair. She simply stared at her lap and listened to Masamune’s pained wheezing, tears dripping down her face.

"Masamune-sama.." Kojurou came in and the vampire king struggled to breathe.
"Good...you're back...go bring me Megohime's human...I need blood."
"Are you sure Megohime-dono would be alright with that...?" Kojurou asked. Masamune scoffed.
"She would be a less than ideal wife if she wasn't alright with it..." He replied.

Nana stiffened immediately and looked to Masamune in horror- he was going to drink from Motochika? With the injuries he had, he’d drain him dry. “M...Matte..!”

“I-It’s just...” Fear took hold of Nana and she forced herself to look down again. “He’s already being fed on so frequently.. He might not have enough in him...”

Nana stood and bowed deeply at the waist to Masamune. “P-Please take from me instead!” She begged.

"Disgusting." He huffed, looking away, "Why would I feed from a raw fish? I could get sick."
"Ah..." Kojurou interjected hesitantly, "She is a Dragonian, Masamune-sama...her blood would be one hundred times more potent than a human's...you would heal much faster if you fed from her."

Masamune fought the bile that pooled in his throat before relenting; who was he to pick and choose as he slowly died?
"Fine. Kojurou, put her blood in a cup so I don't have to smell her."
"Hai." Kojurou bowed and grabbed a goblet before moving to Nana.

Nana straightened herself up, keeping her eyes down as she held out her hand for Kojurou, holding it over the goblet.

He apologized before cutting her palm and letting her blood fill half the goblet before he took a handkerchief and wrapped her wound.
"Would you like something to eat, Nana-dono...?" He asked after handing Masamune the goblet of blood.

Nana shook her head, returning to her seat against the wall, holding her hand tightly to stop the bleeding. “I’m alright..” She said quietly.

Nana glanced up at Kojurou, eyes cold and scared, her hatred for him clear. “I’m fine..” She muttered, then turned her gaze down once more.

He frowned and moved away, "I'm going to go check on Megohime-dono...she's been rather quiet tonight."
"Yeah, it's weird, she's usually hanging off me by now.." Masamune said.

It was rather strange Megohime hadn’t been seen at all, even with her new toy, she would always return to Masamune to be by his side.

Kojurou felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end, the strong scent of blood filling his nose and the sound of crashing coming from within Megohime’s room.
Was Motochika attacking Megohime again?

He pushed open the door quickly, thinking Motochika was trying to escape. But the poor man was curled up in the corner, eyes wide in terror as he stared across the room, body shaking.

The one attacking Megohime was not Motochika, but Megohime herself, clawing and tearing at her throat and chest, clothes torn and blood pouring from wounds all over her body. She let out a scream of rage and slammed herself into the wall, eyes glowing red. “No! You’re dead! I killed you! You’re dead! I’ll kill you!” She screamed at seemingly herself, repeatedly slamming her head into the wall.

Megohime kicked and thrashed, hissing at Kojurou. “Don’t touch me, dog! Let me go Kojurou!” She screeched at him, fighting him so hard she shook.

Back
Top Bottom