Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Amaya stopped finally, a single tear falling down her cheek. “I’m so sorry... It wasn’t my intention to hide it, I was just scared..” She said quietly. It was barely noticeable, something that wouldn’t have stood out unless pointed out or stared at for a while, but sure enough, her stomach had begun to swell, a small curve protruding from her dress.

"I see..." Yoshitsugu mused before taking his medicine and setting it aside, "Well, I suppose something should be done."
"Shall I send for a doctor?" Mitsunari asked. Yoshitusgu nodded and Mitsunari left the room.
"Please do understand that I am far too old for any more children." Yoshitsugu said.

Amaya let out a sob, sinking to her knees. “Please, I’ll care for the child, you don’t even have to look at him!” She crawled closer to his bed, bowing deeply. “No one will ever find out he’s yours, please don’t take my child!” She begged him.

Amaya would beg and plead for hours with Yoshitsugu, but he refused to give into her, eventually having Mitsunari drag her from his room and back to hers, where she spent the days leading up to the doctor visit crying by herself. Once the day came, the doctor was brought to her room, where she tried her best to bargain one last time. “Please, I’ll do anything, I’ll send him away once he’s born, just please,” She pleaded at Yoshitsugu’s feet. “Please spare my child..!” The teen begged him.

Amaya only struggled for a few moments, crying and begging only until she felt the doctor move her gown and spread her legs. The moment he went to work, she stopped both struggling and begging, crying silently as she stared up at the ceiling.

Amaya was shaking from both pain, and the feeling of weakness, eyes unfocused and breathing heavily. “My baby... My baby..” She muttered over and over, the doctor working quickly to stop the bleeding. The bed was soaked with blood beneath her, and Mitsunari watched as her eyes slowly rolled back into her head, falling still, breathing shallowly.

The doctor didn’t look up, grabbing another metal tool beside him. He glanced up at Mitsunari, then back between Amaya’s legs where the bleeding was coming from. “No.” Was all he said before falling silent once again. He worked for what seemed like hours before finally setting his tools aside and looking to Yoshitsugu, wiping blood from his hands onto a cloth. “The bleeding has been stopped, and I’ve removed the foetus, but as you can probably tell, there were complications.” He said. “She lost a lot of blood,

“I’ve stabilized her, but she’s very weak, and she’ll need medicine for a while to help replace the lost blood, but yes.” The doctor nodded.
Amaya did live, but for nearly half a month after the procedure, she would remain bedridden. After that she just wasn’t the same, an empty shell of the young woman she used to be. When she was strong enough to be up and about, she did everything told of her without question. She would cry at night, soft sobs coming from her room months after the loss of her child.

Akihime felt awful for leaving Amaya alone in her time of need; Amaya was always with her when she was sad. She should do the same. So one afternoon when Amaya was stuck in bed, Akihime peeked in carefully to see if she was awake, "Ama-nee....?"

Amaya was asleep, hair a mess from her constant restless sleep, eyes puffy and cheeks stained from her crying. When she wasn’t tending to Yoshitsugu or the house, she was in her room crying or sleeping.

She frowned and pushed the door open and brought in her sloppily made tea cakes that she watched Amaya make a million times with her little porcelain tea kettle full of tea with matching cups. She moved over carefully with the tray and set it aside before gently waking Amaya, "Ama-nee...?"

Amaya opened her tired eyes, wincing slightly when she saw Akihime. “Akihime-dono...” She sat up slowly. “Is there something you need..?” She asked softly.

She nodded and lowered her gaze, "I wanted to say sorry for being so mean to you...Otou-sama said something bad happened that made you really sick so you couldn't do a whole lot for a while...so I tried making you your tea cakes and some tea..."

She stared at Akihime blankly before tears started to flow down her face, and she moved forward to hug the girl, holding her tightly as she began to weep. “Thank you..!” She said through her sobs, body shaking.

Akihime frowned more and hugged her back, "I'm sorry I hit you, Ama-nee, I was just so mad! I thought you were betraying Otou-sama! I won't leave you alone ever again, I promise!"

“I’m not mad at you, Akihime, I promise!” She pet her hair as if to sooth her. “You’re such a sweet child, I love you..!”

Seven years had passed since Amaya had lost her child, and bother she and Akihime had escaped Yoshitsugu, living in a small city miles away with a young man Akihime had fallen in love with and married. For a while things were good, but the last week had been tragic. Yukimura had vanished, staying late one night at the dojo he worked at, all that was found of him was a few personal items and a large amount of blood on the steps of the dojo.
Akihime was a mess, refusing to leave bed the first few days, and after that, refusing food. Night had fallen and Amaya was at the dojo searching for the one thing they couldn’t find that Yukimura might have left behind beside his body; his wedding band. There was a small chance it was at the dojo, seeing as he had to remove it during classes as to avoid seriously hurting others when instructing.
Amaya had gotten permission from the instructor to search where personal belongings were usually stored by the students and instructors. She sighed softly, going through each cubby in the dim lamp light searching for the small silver band.

She could hear the faint clinking of glass from a room not too far from where she was. Sasuke was in the supply closet drinking heavily; he had been like that since Yukimura went missing and was assumed to be dead. He couldn't even bring himself to apologize to Akihime for leaving Yukimura alone the night he vanished. He felt responsible, like if he had stayed then Yukimura would be alive.

The door slid open a crack before being pushed the entire way open, Amaya frowning softly as she stared down at the young man, far beyond drunk on the floor before her. “Sasuke..?” She brought the lantern up to get a clearer look, and it indeed was him, empty sake jugs empty on the floor around him.

He shielded his eyes and groaned loudly, "Put that light out, Christ..." He growled, his words slurring, "Whad're you doing here, shouldn't you be with Aki?"

She frowned more and dimmed the light as he asked, setting it at her side as she crouched down to look at him. “She’s asleep... I figured I had time to look for Yukimura’s ring one more time here, but nothing.” She glanced at the empty jug by her foot. “Why are you here?” She already knew the answer, but figured he needed to talk to someone.

Back
Top Bottom