Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chorus In The Darkness (1x1 with Jikkah)

Amaya mainly seemed to be busy with her father at night times, but she was called away to him during the day on occasion. She was quiet and polite, tending to her father and the daily chores, cooking and cleaning, and when Akihime worked up the nerve, she would play with her. She was rather reserved, and seemed almost flat in personality, but she never got upset with Akihime, even when she spilled her paint on the floor. She simply offered a soft smile as the girl cried in fear her father would find out, cleaned it up, then took responsibility for it.
When Akihime asked to play dolls with her, the woman who’s name she learned to be Amaya almost seemed delighted to, like she never had before. She would make tea cakes for Akihime, paint with her, and even make clothes for her dolls; no matter what, her eyes would always go blank the moment her father called her to his bed chambers however.

She often had Akihime tag along with her when she went to the wash room to do laundry, telling the young girl stories of beautiful princesses, and horrible beasts.

She tried to help Amaya with the laundry, folding the robes and kimono sloppily as she listened to Amaya's stories.
"Did the samurai manage to escape the jorogumo, Ama-nee?" She asked excitedly.

Amaya smiled softly, she would simply refold the clothes later on. She nodded her head, hanging up wet clothes to dry on the clothesline.
“He did. He saw through her beauty, and smacked her with his sword, sending her running back to her lair.” She said, enjoying telling her stories.

“No one truly knows for sure, some say she is a vengeful she-spirit who hates men, others say she simply wishes for love.” She explained, straightening out the wet yukata she was hanging up, wringing the remaining water from it.
“You don’t have to worry much, Akihime-dono, she has little interest in wonderful little girls.” She smiled softly.

Akihime blushed and lowered her gaze, fidgetting shyly, "She could change her mind...Mitsunari says there are a ton of youkai who would love to have me as a snack..."

Amaya blinked and stopped her work, moving to crouch beside Akihime, petting her head gently. “Pay no mind to Mitsunari-dono, he’s only teasing.” She said gently.

"He doesn't sound like he's teasing..." She muttered before she gently grabbed Amaya's hand, "Are you a youkai, Ama-nee? Otou-sama says you're an al...all..." She stopped and huffed, unable to pronounce the word, "but you're pretty like a Yuki Onna...if you are, I won't tell...! I promise...!"

Amaya chuckled softly, taking Akihime’s hands in her own and kissing each palm. “I’m but a human, just like you.” She said, gently clasping Akihime’s hands in her own.

Something wet and warm fell onto Akihime's hand, and Amaya stared at Akihime with a shocked expression. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she stared at Akihime, before quickly wiping away the tears. “I doubt I’m more lovely than your mother.” She whispered softly.

"Can I be honest with you, Ama-nee...?" She sounded sad, her expression ashamed, "I don't even remember what Okaa-sama looks like...anytime I try to remember, I only see your face..."

Amaya cupped her cheek, fighting fresh tears. “It’s ok, that’s nothing to be ashamed of.” She said gently. “I have a hard time remembering my mother’s face sometimes too.” She admitted. “It doesn’t change your love for her.”

((Bring him in whenever~))

She shook her head, putting on a brave face and smiling for her. “You don’t make me sad, Akihime-dono, not at all.” She took her hand and stood. “Come, while the clothes dry let’s have some tea and a snack.” She wiped away the last of her tears, turning to lead the girl toward the kitchens.

She held Amaya's hand tight, feeling like she had hurt her feelings for complimenting her. Now Amaya wouldn't want to play with her anymore.
"Amaya." Mitsunari's voice called from down the hall and he gave her a look that told her to follow. Akihime frowned and held Amaya's hand tighter.
"Don't go..." She pleaded softly.

Amaya stopped in the hallway, looking to Mitsunari before looking to Akihime, crouching slightly to look at her at eye level. “I’ll only be a moment, I just need to see what Mitsunari-dono needs; Why don’t you head to the kitchen ahead of me and pick out the tea you want me to make?” She placed one hand on top of her head, smiling softly.

Amaya stood and followed after where Mitsunari had disappeared, already standing in wait in his bedroom, door still open. She bowed her head slightly to the teen, keeping her gaze down. “Did you need something, Mitsunari-dono?”

She felt her face heat up, and she looked up at Mitsunari in shock. “Mitsunari-dono... I-I belong to your father..” She protested, clearly embarrassed.

She lowered her gaze and gave a small nod. “Yes, Mitsunari-dono.” She said quietly, working at the obi sash, letting her kimono fall to the floor, crumpling into a pile before moving to the bed. She laid back on the bed as she was told, laying on her back and glancing to Mitsunari.

Of course, why would he want to look at her? Skin the color of a frozen corpse, eyes cold like ice. She obeyed him, moving onto her hands and knees, head hanging as she stared down at the pillow beneath her.

Back
Top Bottom