Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

His Werewolf Bride (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

Layla turned her face into his palm as he pushed the hair away from her face. His gesture was oddly comforting and she took in the scent of him to remember him when she was back with her pack which she imagined couldn't be much longer. In fact, she had been here longer than she had imagined in the first place. Her father's place had been . . . aggressive. However, he hadn't approached her like he said he would for information. Then a thought occurred to Layla, what if those Were's last night had come for the information and Nile had beat them and sent them packing . . . Her father was going to be furious with her.

Inadvertently Layla shuffled closer to the Vampire. As if his presence alone could shelter and save her from her father's wrath. "Stressful yes but I suppose I should be used to it, it's just that I guess . . . I got un-used to it since I've been here. No one here has hurt me or demanded anything of me. Everyone has been so terribly nice. I'll miss this-that is," She quickly corrected herself. "I'd miss it if I ever had to leave."

Nile let out a huff, rolling his eyes at her. "You were used to a lifestyle that is unusual...That makes sense." He snorted sarcastically before looking down at her, "my dear. Everything your pack has told you about me is very...Very...True." He said with a low, velvety purr in his voice. "However you are not on the other side of the metaphorical line where you would have my wrath directed at you. Our marriage though forced and the fact you have done nothing to myself or my clan protects you from my more lethal moments. I would not hurt you unless you gave me an incredibly good reason to." Nile wanted to make that clear, if she was to continue to be wed to him, she would soon see just how vicious he could be to his enemies.

"But to treat you no more than dirt is beneath me. I am not your pack, my clan also isn't even close to your pack mates. You're simply being treated as you deserve here unlike at your old home." He said shrugging and paused slowly raising a brow when she said she'd miss this, a small chill running down his back until she corrected herself.

"...I'm not going to force you out. Look, Layla." He sighed slowly sitting up, running a hand through his blonde locks. "The marriage again, yes it was forced upon us to me means this; you are my wife. No one else, not like I was searching anyway." He snorted rolling his eyes, "but I'm not going to kick you out unless you stabbed me in the back but I read over the clan/pack agreement. Not to mention you don't seem like the pup to do such a thing." He purred a finger slipping under her chin to make her look at him and his charming yet deadly smile.

Layla frowned slightly perplexed as she listened to him. Her lips a natural pout as he pressed a finger under her chin and forced her too look up into his devilishly handsome face and stone void eyes, that didn't seem so empty now as they had done before in the beginning. A bucket of guilt washed over her. Though he claimed he was as vicious as her pack claimed, she, could only see his kindness towards her beyond everything else. Like feeding a stray puppy. And she was going to bite the hand that fed her soon no matter how much she did not want to.

Her golden amber gaze locked on his cool one as she nuzzled his palm with her face. "But one day you'll want a real wife." Layla argued. "Then what?" Then he would throw her out like an old unwanted dog that was no longer amusing or cute enough to love. Not that she'd be here long enough for that to happen she reminded herself internally. Yet, there was a part of her that wanted to hear him say otherwise. That wanted him to want her. Layla was shocked by her own hearts admission to her. Pulling her face away from his hand.

He found that pout to be utterly adorable, his crooked smile couldn't help but widen especially as she leaned into and nuzzled his cool palm, the vampire visibly relaxing. Shrugging as she argued with him, he wished to correct her as neither of them knew what could happen. "I could say the same about you, at some point you'll find someone else on the street and just up and leave."

After a moment he stroked her cheek with his thumb as he opened his mouth to speak. "Well...Maybe ins-" he started as he frowned when she pulled away, he retracted his gesture and pretended to look at the clock though he saw it was early enough for him to get up. "Never mind. I might as well get ready." He said rolling his shoulders and got up to shower and dress. "If you need to catch any more shut eye this morning you're welcome to stay here."

"No!" She crawled across the bed towards him as he got up to go about his day. "What were you going to say?" She asked kneeling on the mattress as she held onto a bedpost that connected to the canopy above.

She looked at him with her big bright eyes. She always seemed to say the wrong thing. They'd make some progress with each other and then one or the other would say something and they'd be back to the start.

"I would never meet anyone on the street." She said with a small smile. "Imagine having to explain to someone that I turn into a wolf on a full moon. Pretty sure that's somebody's fetish but err . . . I don't think very many people fit in that category. Not that I'd even want to be with someone who had that as a fetish. Anyway, tell me . . . What were you going to say?"

Pausing he glanced over at her, cocking a brow and smirked at her small smile and her burst of confidence in approaching him, almost grabbing at him as he crossed his arms over his lean but fit chest. He was silent for a moment as he watched her debating whether or not he should answer her question.

"Mh...Well...I suppose I was going to say perhaps instead who knows. We could make the marriage work out in our favor. Take that however you want, you might be correct." He said with a smirk, he couldn't disagree, she was attractive to him and her naive innocence was incredibly adorable but he would bait her along a bit more as he turned and left to take a shower allowing her to chew and react to his words.

He disappeared into the bathroom before she could construct some sort of response to what he had just stated to her. Make the marriage work . . . What did that mean? She thought about it long and hard as he showered. Thinking all the possibilities of the meaning of his words but there was only one thing that they could possibly mean . . . They . . . become . . . a real . . . husband and wife?!

It was crazy and yet at the same time a shock ran through her as her gaze shifted to the closed bathroom door. She could never imagine someone like him would find her remotely attractive but to feel wanted . . . Layla began to get nervous and a bit panicky as she blushed rouge.

" . . . How many ways is there to take that?" She found enough courage to venture the question to him when he came out of the bathroom. His pale body glistening with droplets and his soaked blonde hair that she felt the need to confirm would feel like silk if she ran her fingers through them. She cast her eyes away from him, looking down as her blush only brightened more. "You-you wouldn't really want to be married to me."

Nile jumped a bit, not thinking she would have stayed as he walked out a towel wrapped around his waist as he dried off his hair with another. "I take it as one way, I don't know how you take it." He mused teasing her as he turned to the wardrobe pulling the decorative screen in front of him so she didn't have to watch him dress.

"We both got wrapped into this, neither of us liked the other correct?" That part was incredibly true, she didn't want to be around a leech and he didn't want to be around a dog. "Not quite Stockholm Syndrome but it sort of reminds me of the story of Beauty and the Beast." He mused at the old novel he read as a child. "I've grown accustom to having you around, and as I told you before I stopped actively looking for companionship some time ago. Perhaps over time yes. I would like to be married to you, I find you quite adorable at times you know."

Layla blushed profusely more when he called he adorable. Looking down even more so her long dark hair masked her face and her blush away from his prying eyes. "So does that make me the beast?" She tried to jest but didn't do the best job of it. "Over time . . ." She thought about what he said. "I suppose anyone can get used to anything over time but . . . don't you want that passion and that . . . explosion of . . . whatever it is they show in movies or that you read in books?"

She certainly did but then she supposed he was far older and worldly and no doubt had his fill of such things. Layla continued to look down as she spoke not wanting to catch any glimpse of him that might leave her flushed.

"I . . . didn't not like you though. I was just told a lot of stuff and growing up . . . Well, I didn't exactly have dreams of marrying a Vampire Lord you know?"

"No dear, I could see it in your face. You were indeed scared of the unknown but you didn't like the thought of me." He chuckled as he finished dressing, wearing just a simple tucked in dress shirt with the top button undone and black slacks, as proper as always.

Coming around he leaned down eye level with her thoughtfully. "I enjoy your company, Layla. You're a bit naive about the world but I can help fix that. Though I detested the night of the moon, I wouldn't mind seeing what you're really like in bed." He said with a wink before getting up and moved out the door before she could comprehend what he said.

She had caught a bit of a glimpse of the real Nile, the charming, proper, and slightly perverted vampire.

Her breathing stopped as his beautiful face was a hairs breath away from her own. His words always caught her off guard. It was like he had this amazing ability to make her squirm and he knew it and used it to his advantage. All the time he was close all she could think was whether he'd kiss her or not. Sadly, he didn't, but she held a hint of relief as he was no longer overwhelming her personal space and yet a bit disappointed.

However, his words were more troubling to her innocence. They made her heart race and some sort of desire spark between her legs. Her gaze fixed on the door long after he left from her position on the bed. "But if you didn't enjoy me on the full moon you'll hardly enjoy me in bed." She said out loud to no one. A frown growing. The moon was a part of her. If he couldn't accept that than however did he mean to make the marriage work as he said.

Niles heard her from down the hall but didn't answer, only frowned as he didn't enjoy her during the full moon. Well...Just under the circumstances that played out, he found the thought of sex with her quite pleasurable in fact.

He sat and ate his breakfast, reading the paper a man completely out of an oldies book as he was quiet, her feline companion rubbing against his legs after eating a delicious meal of fresh fish, the cat obviously being pampered as well in the manor. Nile always ate alone, it wasn't as if she needed to come down and eat with him, he wouldn't really ask her to do much as he allowed her to roam around the manor freely.

With a huff Layla collapsed back onto Nile’s plush bed. Sleep was soon to consume her as she had not slept a wink during the day after what had happened to her.

However before she nodded off, she thought about all that had happened and her husband’s proposition . . .

Just the thought of him stripping her made things happen to her body. Things that left a blush on her cheeks and made her quiver.

When she was well rested now, perhaps even bumbling with energy Nile was grumpy. He was tired, having dealt with calls and meetings he didn't want to have. He sat in his study writing things down, taking notes and the like such as a noble would on his village.

As far as his wife was concerned, he decided to allow her to come to him, that's how vampires worked anyway as to lure their prey for the kill...Not that he was planning to do that, but it just seemed the natural way to tackle an intimate relationship.

"My lord..." A servant slipped through his door, Nile setting down his pen quite harshly, his eyes bright red as he silently asked the man why he was being interrupted.

"...Um...Lockhardt pack's attacks within your clan has increased...They killed three more of your men this week..." The man coward to Nile, as the powerful vampire rose and walked around his desk. This was the cold Nile Layla's pack warned her about as he grabbed the man by the throat making him eye level with him, his face stone cold.

"Then turn six more into vampires. And kill the wolves that roam outside of their territory. I told you this last time you stumbled into my chambers with practically the same news." He snarled lowly, "double the turning count, bring them to me and have them trained to kill those fleabitten mutts. Donder has his clock ticking." He shoved the man back who hit the wall as Nile moved to sit back down.

"Y-yes sir...Ah...Speaking of Donder...His mate is er...Pregnant as well." The servant ducked out, knowing Alyssa was an incredibly pointed subject for the vampire lord, his nails clawing into the ornate wooden arms of his chair.

Layla had awoken from a restless sleep. It was like she was plagued but after a good shower to wake her up she ventured down. The Library was the only place that held interest for her and she had hoped to bump into her husband though that could easily turn sore as she could never know what mood to expect to find him in. As it so happened it was exactly in one of these precarious moods that she found him.

She watched nervously from the door as he was in full Vampire mode. Ordering whilst threatening his servant. She'd never seen him like this and was shocked but as she listened she actually understood some of the conversation. She had heard of the Lockhardt pack. They weren't exactly on cordial terms with her father's pack but they managed to co-exist peacefully enough. With a skirmish here or there.

The servant almost tripped on her on the way out. Layla thought twice before venturing him. She tried not to ogle him with her curiosity as his eyes glowed red making his pale skin look paler.

"Umm . . . Are you okay?" She looked back at the closed door for a moment before taking another step into the room. "Why did he tell you about Alpha Lockhardt's mate?" Her curiosity got the better of her and then Layla wondered if she should be in the same room as a vampire that had just sentenced her kind to death. "Maybe . . . Do you want to be alone right now?-Be-because I can go?" She took a reflexive step back towards the large ornate door.

He stared at a spot on his desk, his hands clasped together as he leaned his chin into the fist his hands created. He did not speak for a very long time as he closed his eyes and stayed silent before his eyes opened again, still a bright red color his fangs had descended in anger.

"...Alpha Locke's mate was my previous lover." Was all he said to her, his eyes spelling death and bloodlust in them, "I no longer have any true love for her, but during the time I had chosen her to be my mate but she had no idea of the supernatural world...I never told her...But soon after I came to the realization she left me. And immediately hooked up with that fl- ...That disgusting brute of a creature." He growled not wanting to use slang of werewolves to his...Werewolf wife as he slowly looked away.

"Just go if that's what you want." He said turning with his seat, glaring out the stain glass window.

"Oh." Was all that Layla managed as he spoke of his previous love. Layla found herself curious and yes a little jealous of the woman she did not know. Clearly he held something for her in his heart for him to react so viciously to the mention of her. Nor had his insults about her kind pass her but she let them go. It was easily done after years of doing so.

Silently she stood for a long moment as he spat at her to leave if she wanted. It would have been the more sensible thing to do. To leave him be but something within her made her take a step towards him and then another and another until she was at his side, her small very tanned hand reaching out, turning so the back of it was stroking his cheek, trying to ease the tension from him. He could easily turn his head and bite her but she pushed her fear aside and continued to soothe him.

"It's not what I want." She said simply.

Nile was incredibly tense, staring out the window with his arms crossed over his chest as she touched him, though in her touch he relaxed and glanced over at her his eyes darkening back to their normal rusty color. His gaze flicking back to the window, his fangs still lengthened as he allowed her to touch him as his tension slowly went away.

"...I loved her." He mumbled, his walls crumbling before her, "it just...She didn't understand vampire mannerisms which I suppose she didn't have too...We vampires are a bit clingy you see...Over protective..." He mused with a sad smile before his face went dark again. "But in the end I have my own demons that had her run off. I have no love for her now but part of me still hurts. To allow someone so close to you for so long and then it dissipates. I almost want her to pay, especially that wolf she's with. " He growled lowly, gritting his fangs as his nails dug deeper into the wooden armrests.

"Well clearly she missed out then." Layla smiled down at him before coming around and plopping down on a small velvet lined ottoman before him. Her arms wrapping around her crossed legs in front of her. "Vampires are a bit like Were's then." Layla ventured. "How did you like date her all the time you did without her realising what you really are?"

Layla found it hard to believe anyone could hide their true nature for so long. Eventually the truth would come out. Maybe that was why his former lover left because she sensed something odd about him. Though, as she looked upon him Layla thought how terribly hard she would find it to leave someone so . . . desirable. She looked away when she felt a blush creeping up her skin.

"Anyway . . . I thought you weren't allowed to kill Were's anymore?" Not that she cared. She really had little love left for her own kind after everything she had gone though her entire life. She just wanted to be left alone. Away from all Were's and the stupid council who had forced her into an unwanted marriage. No matter the fact, she was starting to like her husband.

"Mh...I supposed I never thought of the similarities..." He mumbled from a man that thought about everything else, calculating even. "Well...You see I owned a townhouse apartment sort of deal, high end, upscale all that nonsense. She knew I owned a business and I made up a story about how my father passed when I was younger and after I learned the ropes rather fast I assumed his position." He said waving it off as if it was unimportant, "but as a vampire falls for a mate, their...Supernatural tendencies start to show, no doubt she's noticed Donder's but I suspect he was an 'easier transition'" Nile snorted sarcastically with a sneer on his face.

"I'm not. I'm not allowed to kill anyone from your pack, however if anyone else is concerned, if I am attacked I can move for self defensive purposes. But the council will pull myself and Locke in for us to 'work out our differences' as they usually do." He growled knowing there would be strict consequences to both of them.

"As long as we do that once the council notices, which hopefully they do not since this is a very small scale occurrence...Everything will be fine. If we had an all out war however...Witches would be involved..." He said grumbling lightly as he looked over to her.

Layla laughed before she could help it, her eyes lighting slight. "I would describe a Were transformation as an easy transition. Though I suppose if she tried to run from a Were she would have been mauled."

It was weird to think this woman had gone from Vampire to Werewolf without realising it. The world was not that small. Maybe it was fate or destiny or some meddling and mixing of kismet and the like. Though Layla wasn't sure she believed in anything like that. After all why would fate be so cruel as to make her suffer years of abuse at the hands of those who were supposed to love and protect her?

"If you don't like the way the council runs . . . I don't understand, you're on the council right? Why would you be a member?" She asked him, having as little knowledge of the council as the rest of the outside world. ". . . Won't you see your ex at council function if she is the mate of the Lockhardt pack's Alpha? Will you be alright? My father said there was to be some sort of reception for us after the marriage had a few solid months?"

"There will be a reception, yes...Don't be fooled however, the council is using it to make sure I haven't neglected or harmed you in any way." He muttered leaning back in his seat, crossing his legs. "Alyssa being there or not won't bother me after a bit, not to mention Donder is more of a threat to me than she could ever be."

"...You see...My parents dominated the council when they were alive. Up until Amelia and Donder slaughtered them..." He said through his fangs, his eyes flashing colors again. "Now...Amelia took my original clan...I was forced to make a new...And now those two have heavy leverage within the ranks...I intend to shift them back...However most of the council now sees humans as creatures we must live beside rather than cattle we should herd." he muttered showing her his political view.

"But I am afraid, my dear, that is all I am obligated to tell you. We must all have some secrets mh?" Nile purred lightly at her.

"What were your parents like?" Layla asked wanting to know more about him and his life. "Did you have any siblings?"

The more she learnt about her vampire husband the more she wanted to know. She frowned deeply as he mentioned keeping some secrets. "You can't have secrets from your wife." She looked rather adorable if begrudging about the fact. "I'd tell you all my secrets." She informed him, sitting up straight.

The council would see, she realised looking up at him, exactly what he wanted them to see. She had quickly come to learn how cunning Nile was but she could understand why he needed that razor's edge sharp mind. He had few allies and numerous enemies. As for humans, she hadn't met very many of them but understand that is was a humans world. There were far more of them than all the supernaturals put together. "Are you going to fight the council?" She asked then went onto ask. "When is the reception?" Knowing she'd have to see her father and play happy families. It had been easy before but since she had been with Nile she hadn't needed to live in fear or pretend. How was she going to smile and hug a father she hated and detested now more than ever?

"I was incredibly close to my mother you see." He said thoughtfully looking out the window as he reminisced the past. "My father and I had a mutual understanding of one another as he'd like to put it...However Donder's mate before Alyssa sunk her claws into him, he ended up tearing our family apart by sleeping with her, thus explaining Donder's hatred of me, he blames my family for his wife cheating on him...Instead of just coming to terms that his wife was a whore. After that ordeal I grew apart from my father but my mother stayed to preserve the family, and so I could still have two parents at my side."

When she asked if he was to fight the council, he shot her a look that meant for her to silence, putting a finger on his lips so she wouldn't speak of that. "I don't know, but don't ask that question again my dear. Not every one of my followers are completely loyal. Anyway...Its within two months." He said looking at his calendar.

The supernatural world was a complicated and deadly one but she had been sheltered from most of it's harshness except the cruelty that surrounded her. Layla's own mother came to mind as she listened to the Vampire speak about his. After suffering years of violence at her father's hands, Layla's mother had run off with someone else. Leaving their young daughter in the clutches of her violent and abusive father. So in stark contrast to Nile's mother who stayed in an unhappy marriage for her son. Layla felt bitter. Maybe there was something in her that made her unlovable, that made it easy for her mother to leave her own child in such a horrible situation and that same something that allowed her father to let his pack use her like a broodmare.

"But . . . You're trusting me with it?" She cocked her head as she looked at him. Maybe she had read the situation? Layla sighed. "I don't want to be gawked at. Or questioned or -" See my father or the pack.

Back
Top Bottom