Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

His Werewolf Bride (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

He frowned when she told him it was his pick which made things a bit more complicated, he wanted to take her somewhere where she'd like. "Okay....How about steak?" He asked thinking that was something they could agree on, he himself could go for a large one as they went to a fancy, fine dining steak house since they were obviously dressed for success. When they walked in, Nile didn't need a reservation as they immediately sat them in a more private area, a table he usually used for business meetings.

"I'm terribly sorry about Damien, he will be dealt with accordingly." He promised her so he would not dare to approach her again, Nile's not taking well to sexual assault especially to his wife of an arranged marriage. "Anyway...Let's try to move that in the past, yes?" He asked pouring them both a glass of wine as he took a drink looking down at the menu.

“It’s fine.” Layla replied as they were sat down. She nodded st his suggestion. “I think that’s a good idea.”

Taking the glass in her hand looking rather unsure as doing it, she took a sip, her eyes on her husband like a wary animal not sure whether to approach the hand that offered it food before her gaze moved around the room.

The smell of cooked meat filled the air and her stomach rumbled. She didn’t realise how hungry she was until now. She’d never been to a place like this. Really she’d never been anyway. She’d watch the world go by through a glass window. Always watching but never allowed to participate.

“This place looks really expensive, are you sure it’s okay?” She asked him looking very small in her seat.

"Why wouldn't it be?" He asked cocking a brow at her, setting down his wine glass seeming a bit curious. "I thought you were the daughter of an Alpha...You seem a bit more...Sheltered than I first expected..." He said after they ordered, letting the waiter take their menus away as he cocked a brow.

"Not...That it matters you just...Seem much more skittish and new to the world is all." He said with a shrug taking another drink of his wine, letting the alcohol calm him a bit more as he talked to her otherwise he'd be too uptight.

"The pact works differently." Layla shrugged, thinking how she could keep it close enough to the truth but not give away how pathetic her life was. "Specially different packs, they all have different rules. I . . . wasn't allowed to do very much . . . outside the compound. It's all I've known. Not that I wouldn't love to. I'd love to see the world." She lit up on the subject of traveling. "I've always wanted to go to Paris, to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower! Or the Colosseum in Rome or the Acropolis in Greece and-and the Pyramids in Egypt!"

For a moment, it was like she was almost there as she thought about all the places she'd love to see. She didn't really think she'd honestly live long enough to visit those places or that the pack would even allow her out of the state. In fact her father would make sure of it. She was just glad she wasn't bound by silver lined shackles anymore. Layla rubbed her wrists as if they were still on her and stinging. Stripping her strength.

"One day maybe." She looked up with a small smile when she realised she had stopped talk. "I bet you've been everywhere right?"

Frowning as he set his glass down, listening to her, casually breaking them some bread as they waited for their dinner, he did listen to her though rarely made eye contact. "I see..." He said and paused looking at her as she asked him if he had been everywhere. He indeed traveled to many places in his lifetime, now it was mostly for work as he rarely did anything for fun anymore, what was the point if he had no one to share it with?

"...I have I suppose...Though I never once thought I would return to America but I suppose things did change..." He muttered a bit, not really pleased to be where he was today but again he'd move when he grew too bored. "Perhaps if you'd like we could travel together. I'm not going to just hand you my card though," he said cocking a brow silently telling her she needed to get over her disgust of him if she wanted to go out of the country. "Since we are married I'd like to have a cultured spouse of coarse." He said leaning back as they were served.

Layla looked at him with a wary hopeful look, like she couldn’t decide where he was playing with her, planning to dash her hopes or was genuine.

“You mean . . . Like a honeymoon?” She snorted a short laugh. “I don’t think you even technically consider us married. I don’t think I do . . .” She was silent for a moment. “I suppose it could be worse.” She joked. “You could’ve been married to a witch.”

Nile watched her for a moment before he started eating, being quite silent after that. He knew it had to be hard for her, being married to someone she didn’t know and something she was brought up to hate but somehow her words cut him just a bit, he didn’t enjoy the situation either as it put him in a tight spot.

Paying the bill he walked her out like a gentleman as usual before stepping away from her. “I’ll go start up the car, wait here please.” He said before leaving down the block.

After he turned the corner it seemed, foot steps advanced towards her the smell of alcohol burning the streets as she was grabbed from behind forced to turn around as four of her male pack mates grinned down at her. “Look at you! You know we all missed you on the full moon.” They purred lowly at her their hands lingering on her sides.

Layla backed away as soon as she caught scent of them. They were the worst of her pack and often her father’s champions who received her as a pride.

“It’s not the new moon now.” She ventures on a stutter trying to find an escape but she was cornered and they were massive. Big brutes who surrounded her. “My father promised that he-he wouldn’t be giving me out anymore. If I did this. Please.”

Her eyes were begging, pleading to heartless creatures. “Leave me alone.”

"We're not here on your father's order sweetheart. We just saw you and wanted to play a little bit." One of the brutes purred pulling her to him before pushing her against the wall as another one laughed, "yeah we wanted to take turns." They moved to grip her dress, to rip it off and toss her into the alley way not knowing or seeing Nile come around the corner.

He had parked it on the corner due to parking as he walked up straightening his tie. Opening his mouth his eyes went bright red as he saw the scene and in a flash he had the wolves on their backs looking up at him, Nile having his foot pressed hard on the leader's chest.

"Fucking leech!" They snapped at him, the leader coughing as Nile hissed angrily and retorted, "filthy mutts! You lay one paw on my wife again, I dare you." His roar ripped through his chest as he snarled at them through his fangs. Kicking the middle one in the side, a massive crack ringing out in the night as they drunken wolves fled, tails between their legs as he took Layla by the arm, his grasp firm but not forceful as he sat her down in the car knowing she had to have been triggered once more from the assault.

It all happened so fast. It was strange how she’d got so used to not being attacked even if her Vampire husband was snappish he had actually never put his hands on her. Now here she was pleading with these animals to leave her alone. However Layla knew they would never listen. They’d have their way.

Panic ran through her with adrenaline as she realised she was cornered. They came closer and closer. Making it clear what they planned to do to her.

“Please don’t.” She’d Managed to whisper, her eyes darting between them when suddenly as if out of nowhere Nile was there and the fiends on their back.

Relief washed over her in buckets at the sight before her. Yet Layla was dazed as Nike dragged her into the car. Her slight form practically shivered at the possiblity of what might of happened to her. It was so much worse because she knew how brutal they were, using her as if she were nothing.

“T-thank you.” She stammered out before bursting into tears. Once she started she couldn’t stop which was at odds because she hadn’t cried about it for years, she would usually just go numb while they used her and after.

Nile was incredibly uncomfortable during the car ride home as she burst into tears, unsure of what he should do to comfort her as his right hand left the wheel and took her hand gently though nervously. He held it until she was stable again throughout the car ride as he drove with one hand into the night taking her home.

As they stopped, he opened her door for her and helped her out, his brows furrowed a bit at her as he stepped back. "Luckily I suppose...I live in a remote area, nothing should happen to you after this, and hopefully what happened tonight won't detour you from other outings. However for now I think you should get some rest." He said walking into the manor with her, up the stairs where they broke off into separate wings, her wing and his own as he stepped to his side watching her.

Layla was to overwhelmed to realise the oddity of the small gesture of comfort, so when the Vampire took her small hand in his, she squeezed it for support. It look her a long while to regain her composure and by then her cheeks and eye and nose were thoroughly red. As the emotions started to reign in she began to feel like an idiot and had no doubt that he saw as a pathetic flea ridden creature.

Listening to him with half an ear, letting him guide her back into the house, she thought to herself, how completely and thoroughly she was deterred from venturing out ever again. These walls that had felt like a prison only a few ours ago now felt like a sanctuary and she never wanted to leave. She turned and looked at him as he head to his side. Afraid to be alone, opening her mouth to tell him not to leave her alone but the words died on her lips before she could even beginning. He didn't like her and now he probably liked her less. She was a burden for him. An inconvience forced onto him and his life.

"Goodnight." She squeaked instead and hurried up to her quarters through the dimly lit corridors.

Nile was incredibly confused as she darted up the stairs but before sh ecould close the door he let out a sigh, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. "Layla come here." His voice was firm, giving her an order but not barking knowing she was an emotional mess.

He stepped closer, his arms still crossed guarded as he looked her over, knowing she wanted something from him however he didn't know what, and he didn't like to be lied to. "You want something from me, you were going to ask something weren't you?" He asked and was silent for a moment before his eyes met hers, "What were you going to ask, and don't lie to me Layla." He said his voice low and calm but there was a seriousness.

At the sounds of his voice she stopped in her tracks, like a wolf that heard something in the woods; Just she of closing her door. She heard the command and knew better than to fight it.

Slowly she made her way back and looked up at him red faced. “It’s nothing.” She replied eventually in a voice that was barely audiable. “I just . . . Scared of being alone. I know it’s stupid and I’ll get over it. It’s fine. Go enjoy the rest of your night. I’m sorry for being so troublesome.”

Raising a brow at her, his expression was dull as he turned allowing her entrance to his wing, "is that all? Well then. If you are comfortable with it we may share the room together." He said calmly, stepping aside for her but he was too tired to give her a second thought on the matter, "ladies first." He said nodding to the stair case as he followed her from behind.

His room still lavish, the curtains drawn as he moved past her, taking off his vest, shirt and pants leaving him in his under clothes, incredibly tired from the day's events as he laid looked over at her cocking a brow.

"You can share the bed with me if you don't mind. Otherwise there is that sofa but its come to my attention that is is terribly uncomfortable for long term sleep." He mused from his night sleeping there as she was in his bed.

For a long moment Layla considered him, taken aback by the generous offer she never expected from the Vampire Clan leader. Finally deciding not to tread on his hospitality she did as he bayed. All the while feeling his tall looming form behind her like a shadow. The night had been trying on all fronts but she'd learnt that her Vampire husband had some humility. From what she heard from the pack in passing was that Nile was the worst kind of Vampire. Blood thirsty, cold, calculated and dangerous. However, in all her weeks here she had seen nothing of the sort.

He was haughty, snappish and a bit OCD but besides that he was kind and patient with his staff and especially of her. Layla stood in a corner near the door as he followed behind into the room. The room was as breath taking as when she had first seen it. Such finery. It was like she was in a Disney Princess castle. She looked around the room from her spot avoiding watching him change, thinking it impolite and he might not appreciate her gawking at him.

"Huh? Oh." Her gaze snapped to his when he spoke to her from the bed. "Err . . . okay." She didn't take off her dress, simply, very cautiously slipped off her heels as she sat on the edge of the high bed and then laid down at the very edge facing away from him. "Goodnight."

"Calm down Layla, I don't bite." He joked, flashing his fangs at her before laying down next to her, his back to hers as he closed his eyes after perhaps telling her the first joke ever spoken from him. He was a quiet sleeper, his breathing soft as he laid there like a gentleman not putting his hands on her even when he shifted once or twice at night.

His body a bit chilled compared to a human's there was still some warmth as he rested into the day. His face made little to no expression apart from the furrow of his brows, he was still proper in every sense but there was a sadness about him as he slept and dreamed.

She didn't laugh at his joke. In fact, she wasn't even certain it was a joke. However, the good thing was he was a quick sleeper. He was out in minutes if not seconds. That was . . . if he was even breathing. Because after she turned around after some time, it looked almost like she was sleeping next to a sullen corpse. He had shifted, so when she had turned they were face to face. Luckily the bed was vast enough to accommodate four people if not more. It was massive.

Layla watched him sleep, not being able to sleep much herself, the adrenaline still had some hold on her mind and limbs. It was hard to come down from such a flight or fight mode. He was a curious create. To be honest, she didn't think she'd ever come across a Vampire before him. At least not this close up and he had turned upside down almost every stereotype she had about him. Maybe she had been a bit unfair and judgemental but that was hardly her fault given the situation. Marrying someone she did not want to but then . . . she supposed he was in the same boat. Yet, somehow they had kind of made the best of it and a lot of that was because of him.

Slowly, she slinked closer. It was hard not to be curious about him and his kind, especially now that she was surrounded by them everyday. She gazed at his features closely. He was incredibly handsome. She imagined it was a thing that came with being a predator. To attract the prey. Every part of him was in contrast to every part of her. She shied away from her attraction for him. Not just physically but . . . his personality and character and all his characteristics were growing on her day by day. Gently she reached out at lifted his upper lip. She had always been curious where exactly the fangs came and went. They weren't like the canines of the Were's they were long and so much sharper. Deadly.

Nile was out quite deeply due to his work day, always sleeping well. Not noticing when they were face to face, he stayed asleep as she marveled him, however once she pushed up his upper lip did he regain consciousness.

As she continued to watch his fangs, he wanted to play a little since it was still a bit early for him to wake up. They immediately lengthened, though his eyes still closed. "Enjoying ourselves, are we?" He asked, his voice deeper and a bit gravely from just waking up as he lazily opened an eye on her and pulled his head back to roll over slightly as he let out a yawn, his long, curved fangs glimmering in the little light that seeped into the room before returning to his side.

His tone wasn't angry, if anything it was amused as he glanced over at her looking as if he was going to pass out at any moment. "I assume you can't sleep? Perhaps understandable to have someone who preys in the night when no one's watching lay next to you."

Layla gasped as he stirred speaking, she pulled her finger away with the tiniest of yelps but his newly descended fang pricked her finger and she held it tight. She hadn't planned on getting caught but should have known when he slept like the dead that she wouldn't realise if he stirred to live.

"I-I . . . was just curious." She said rather quickly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean- I mean I wasn't prying." She stopped talking, frowning at herself for her stupidity. It was like being curious about a sharks teeth or a crocodile or alligators. Stupid. "Yes and no. I mean . . . I can't sleep but not because of you just because my body is so wired up from-" She glanced at him. He was more beautiful when awake and ruffled and gruff. Obviously he had no designs on someone like her. Someone flea ridden as he had commented at one point. Plus guys like him had supermodels on their arms not girls like her. "Well you know." She shrugged and was silent for a long time.

"They're so sharp." She commented out of the silence when it got too awkward for her. Looking at the big blob of blood on her finger where his fang had pierced her and then as if suddenly realising just now that she was next to a Vampire, pulled her hand away so it was dangling off the bed and far away from him.

"Layla I know what you were doing, I'm not mad." He sighed rubbing his eyes as she stammered at him wanting her to calm down and take a breather. Opening an eye at her thoughtfully he simply nodded and yawned once more, "I seem to understand, the other day must have been incredibly taxing on you, I apologize." He said though he didn't really do anything wrong but due to his...Personality...He couldn't have made it better.

His eyes brightened at the smell of her blood as he sighed and casually leaned over to his nightstand and handed her a bandaid for her finger, his eyes slowly dulling once more. "Yes, an evolutionary tactic...Your teeth are meant to crush and tear, while mine is meant to pierce cleanly and hard enough so blood simply pours out like a fountain." He mused looking at the ceiling as he glanced back at her his eyes narrowing.

"...My dear I'm not going to attack you, I have far more control over myself than you think." He said though he did not comment on the sweetness of her blood, almost as if he dulled that part of his senses.

Applying the bandaid she looked at him half wanting to believe him. She turned on her side to face him and studied him.

“Why are you . . . Like you?”

She asked rather simply with curiousity. She was certainly glad that he wasn’t going to pin her down and drain her. Control was very good.

“Did you ever want to just be normal? But I guess like me you were never real normal, I mean like other Vampires who are human first?” She asked resting her hands under her head. “Wait- did you mean . . . The night . . . Of the moon?” A red got blush crept from her cheeks down her neck. Though she didn’t remember it, he did as he made it clear that other day.

"...What do you mean 'like me?'" He asked, his blonde brows furrowing as he turned on his side to better look at her. "Mh...Not really, I mean I'm sure in my childhood I wanted to be a bit more normal...I was raised like a noble, an aristocrat which was...A bit difficult during the French Revolution but my family was powerful and feared." Shrugging as he thought to himself, he didn't find himself reminiscing much, "I'd like to think I just accepted being born a vampire, I mean the power gained with it is incredibly fun." He mused to himself thoughtfully.

"Also, I don't envy vampires that are turned, its an incredibly painful process...So I've seen." He mused having no empathy for those he had turned into vampires, humans were seen as that of cattle to him and his family, ripe for the slaughter. "I do suppose having an eternity to live is incredibly boring..."

At her next question he stared at her a bit confused and rolled his eyes, "no Layla I meant today with you being sexually assaulted on two occasions. The night of the moon was when you sexually assaulted me." He reminded her raising a brow.

Layla listened somewhat fascinated. She’d always imagined what it could have been like to live in another era. It must have been quite something to see the times and the world and it’s people change. Yet he had clearly become more secluded over time and she wondered why. Maybe one became tired of the company of others and to be alone this long. . .

“No! I didn’t mean to!” She snapped at his last comment. “Don’t. Say that. I’m not like that. I’m not-” She looked down, shame and sorrow plastering her face. “I’m sorry.” It was so weird to think that they had been intimate in anyway. “I would never in my right mind.” She mumbled. “I know what it feels like. Not that that’s excuse.”

Nile slowly sat up, his face turning colder when she snapped at him as he rose a brow. Slowly however as she explained how she felt he moved to lay back down, his guard lowering with his body. Frowning as she moved away he leaned over brushing her hair from her face so she could look at him though his hand was shaking a bit as if he was unsure he should be allowed to even touch her.

"I know...I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you, I know you didn't do it on purpose." He said softly regretting his earlier statement as he pulled away. "But I actually did mean today, that must have been quite stressful if not crippling to you."

Back
Top Bottom