Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

His Werewolf Bride (Hatchet & ScarlettRose)

Layla yawned and stretched, she was so comfortable she had very almost melted into the soft mattress. Whatever this was it was far better than memory foam. She purred happily thinking it can't have been that long. She must have just nodded off for awhile.

As she slowly rose to a sitting position and turned on the light, for the room was still pitch black and she had no notion of whether it was night or day - her times of days being a complete mess since moving in with the Vampire - She gave a start to see him there looking like the devil himself - If the Devil was a sexy lean Vampire.

"Oh-" She panicked a little at the sight of him and forced herself to calm down as she quickly slipped off the bed and pulled down her short nightie and the massive sweater. "I'm- sorry." She approached him and then stopped and just looked at him as if waiting to be reprimanded when the events of a couple hours past came flooding back to her mind and she very carefully against her better judgement slipped around him.

Her fingers reached out to the wounds she had lacerated on his back. Gently tracing them. "You heal quick." She commented. "I'm . . . really sorry." She said again, looking up at the side of his face from behind. "I was wrong."

Nile simply looked over at her, just tired as he rubbed his neck not saying a word or seeming irritated...At least with her. He twitched just a bit at her touch before relaxing, the scars remaining since he didn't feed right after as he let out a sigh.

"I heal fast if I feed, unlike you where your kind just heals incredibly fast afterwords." He said with a shrug as she apologized to him again, there was nothing words could do at this point, if his body was over it he was over it before he paused cocking a brow.

"...what were you wrong about?"

“If I say everything will you at least bestow a smile upon me oh great one?” She smiled slightly.

She felt a little bolder when he wasn’t shouting at her or giving her the death stare.

“What’s it like drinking blood?” She asked curiously, her fingertips still tracing the red welts down as of her touch could heal them. She really was truly sorry. She wasn’t a violent wolf or person by nature but sometimes . . . It all go too much for her and Shen lashes out.

He cocked a brow once more but there was a twitch of the corner of his lips. "Perhaps," was the answer he gave her, but he hadn't had anything to smile about in years...At least nothing to smile brightly about, even with his last lover, smiling was a rare occasion.

Rolling his eyes as she did not answer his question he decided to let it slide and answer hers, "well for you it would be disgusting. But otherwise for me its like drinking a...Thick wine. Though for a alcoholic's blood it literally is that..." He grumbled a bit at the thought. "Each person has a distinctive taste I suppose, but some vampires can't be very picky. I find there is no point in searching for the best tasting blood out there when it is only used as fuel." He said with a shrug, "though there is a major difference in taste when a vampire feeds on their mate." Nile informed her though his voice was a bit bitter.

Allowing her to trace the marks under his shirt he cocked a brow ready for the next question, wanting to get this over with so he could shower and go down for breakfast, one of the few pureblood vampires that enjoyed human food.

“Why?” Layla asked with a curious and confused look. “Why is there a difference in taste?”

When Were’s mated they were protective over their mates, they could sense certain things about them or so she’d heard but there was no special connection.

“Different how?” She asked further. “Have you ever tasted the difference? Do Vampires believe that there’s like another half of them out there then? How can you even tell?” She bombarded him with question finding herself oddly interested in the subject. She knew very little about his kind besides the fact that they were enemies.

Cocking a brow once more he slowly sat down on the couch seeing as he would be stuck with her for a bit longer than he anticipated. "I don't really know something about purity or something. Typically a vampire's mate will taste very sweet, like a forbidden fruit." He said and frowned, waving off the question if he believed there was another half.

"It's not like there's one person in the entire world that has such tasteful blood. But there is an incredibly small percentage. Though most vampires go eternity without finding it. At one time yes I believed in 'another half' but its nothing more than hogwash and horse shit." He said bitterly as he recalled Alyssa's scent.

"I never tasted it, but I could smell it. However things happened and I was able to block the scent out. Who knows how many people I've blocked out that could be my mate. But I don't care anymore. Love is a tool to use people."

“Do you really think that?” Layla asked, then she nodded her head. “I agree.”

She didn’t believe in love anymore or anything like that. There was too much bad shit in the world and if even her own father couldn’t love her then how could she expect anyone else too?

“It’s better to be alone.” She mused. “No one can hurt you that way. You can’t trust no one but yourself in this world.”

"I'm glad we agree." He said, getting up once more as he nodded to her, "now if you'll excuse me I must get ready. I have business to attend to today. Go about...Whatever it is you actually do around here." He said cocking a brow, not really ever checking in on her as he left to shower and dress.

Coming out once more he did some paperwork and filed it in a briefcase before leaving to the doors, a servant handing him his jacket, "I'll be taking my own care today, fetch me my keys." He ordered once more, looking devilish and proper as always, almost straight out of a Victorian novel with a modern twist in his attire as not to stand out too much.

She was about to tell him how she does nothing all day but he was gone before she could open her mouth. She would have liked to do something. Anything really. But she was used to nothing too.

Nothing was precisely what she did back at the compound because that’s the way her father wanted to keep her. She just had her cat and books and that was all. Truly a pathetic excuse for a life.

She mulled about the large manner. Stopping at the top bannister looking down when she stopped him instructing the servants to get his keys. Hell! She didn’t even know how to drive. She hadn’t been allowed to do anything.

"My lord. Perhaps your wife would like to accompany you." The elder servant spoke glancing up at the she-wolf knowing she must have been bored all day doing nothing as Nile glanced up confused.

"What? Oh." He muttered as if he had forgotten manners or whatever as he gave her a bit of a look. "...If she wants to come she can. I'm going to the office in the city." He muttered as the older man rolled his eyes, obviously having been a servant to the family for a long time as he approached Layla.

"The master among being head of his clan also operates a luxury car chain. If you'd like to go I'm sure he'd be willing to be at your beck and call." He said with a smirk as Nile seemed to tense but not out of irritation for her company. "I'd like to think, miss, that it would be nice to get out of this stuffy old place for a few hours."

Gasping Layla hid behind a pillar when the Master and the Servant looked in her direction from below. She had heard the conversation thanks to her powerful hearing but the look on her husband's face seemed to read that he was not pleased with the idea. She gasped again, when suddenly the servant was at her side. An elderly man with grey hair and oddly kind eyes.

She listened like a frightened pup as he spoke to her. She didn't know any of that about her husband. But then she knew next to nothing about him at all.

"I-" It would definitely nice to get out of this stuffy old house, she thought. It had felt like she was suffocating. "Thank you." She replied after a moment. "I'd like that very much." She didn't know why the servant was helping her but was grateful that he was. If only for one night of fresh air. "I'll just go change." Layla replied whizzing off to her room, somewhat excited about escaping this dungeon of a manor, though she was still apprehensive about her husband though he did agree with the idea. Slipping on a short black dress, a pair of heels and quickly tying her long jet black hair into a high ponytail, she quickly made her way out of her room and almost stumbled down the stairs.

"Is this okay?" She couldn't help beaming at Nile at the thought of freedom. "I don't want to embarrass you at your place of work." She said with genuine concern for his image because it was clear by the way he dressed and carried himself, that looks were important.

Nile looked her over, cocking a brow as she stumbled before nodding in agreement that she looked fine enough to be seen with him. "Its fine for now, next time try not to wear something so scandalous." He muttered at the shortness of the dress as the older man helped her down the stairs.

"Forgive the master he...Is stuck in the eighteen hundreds sometimes." The man chuckled as he lead her down to Nile.

Nile opened the car door of his Lamborghini, no doubt the car company the butler was talking about, holding the passanger side door for her. Closing it once she was in, there was no doubt he was a gentleman but just reserved as he got into the other side and drove off down the country side.

Layla frowned looking down at her dress when he said it was scandalous. It was just . . . a dress. She couldn't see what was so scandalous about it. Usually it was when she wore the native attire of her mother's people, the likes of sari's and such when so much more skin was on display that people considered her outfits scandalous but this was just . . . normal. Or maybe not. The servant's laughter at her side brought her back as she lifted her head. "How old actually is he?" She whispered to the old man.

When they were outside and he opened the door for her Layla was a little startled, no one that ever opened the door for her or done anything for her. It was a small kindness she would not forget. And she couldn't even beginning to describe the amazing vehicle she had just slipped into. The inside was as fabulous as the outside, if not more. She marvelled at the luxury. Were's were usually into big muscles cars. SUV's and the like much like their characteristics.

"I promise I won't get in your way." She ventured after a long bout of silence and there appeared to be no conversation forth coming from him as the country swept by in a blur. "Just tell me where to stand or sit."

"He was born during the French Revolution, big fan of Napoleon actually...His accent might be gone but the master is a pure Frenchman...Though when he snaps his accent comes back I've been told, luckily I have never been on the receiving end of his wrath or the wrath of his parents before him."

"No one will pay mind to you, they'll know who you are. If anything they'd rather dote on you than sit in a room with me." He muttered as they drove, the ride smooth and quick. At least he knew his presence was off putting.

Sitting in silence even he started to feel a bit weird, shifting in his seat. "...I suppose its odd for a supernatural creature to delve in mundane activities such as being the head executive of a car company." He mumbled trying to at least give a go at starting a conversation. "Most vampires tend to their clans or operate a small business that caters to other supernaturals. I've had many high standing jobs however in my lifetime. I feel it keeps me from getting bored."

The information about her husband was shocking. He was nearly three hundred years old?! If not more! She was married to an old, old man. However, he looked nothing like the centuries he had on him. And French too. She hadn't notice the accent when he shouted at her but maybe that was because she was too frightened to notice it.

"Oh." Layla replied surprised. The staff at the manor had treated her with more respect than she had ever received in her life but she just assumed that was just a thing of manor staff. "I'm sure that's not true." Layla ventured with a small smile. "You seem perfectly dote worthy to me." She jested lightly, though she was no lying. She was certain men as well as women would jump to do the bidding of such a beautiful creature.

Layla nodded emphatically. "I don't think it's mundane. I'd be happy to do any job or anything for that matter if I was allowed to." Heck! She'd be a cleaner if she could. It was better than the nothing her life was filled with. "Doing nothing is unbearable, I imagine it would be more so for someone who has someone who has as many years ahead of them as you do. Hey!" She blurted out suddenly, really needing to know. "What's your most favourite era you've lived in? Mine would be the Regency. Which I think is around the time you were born. I've read so many books about it. I was obsessed with it once. The fashion, the society . . . the decadence." She practically lit up speaking on the subject. The look in her eyes as if she was there in her head.

"My dear I think you've been around me long enough to understand that it is not fun to be around me." He mused as he continued to drive as they entered the city. He wasn't oblivious, even when he was with Alyssa and other lovers he was quite reserved and almost shy. But he was hardened up quite a bit from his last relationship, especially seeing her now with that disgusting, flea bitten animal.

Cocking a brow as she said she could do anything around the manor he let out a low, short chuckle. "Darling you are above servitude. But I suppose if it'll make you feel more...At home...." He said the words foreign to him, "you could do whatever you please. Just don't break my things. They're very expensive." He grumbled not wanting her to knock over his sculptures and precious artifacts.

After a second he paused and turned his head to look over at her his brows furrowed. "...Did you just call me old?" He asked a bit dumbfounded, not angry but because no one really commented on his age and the fact he didn't overhear what his servant said until he scowled at her, "did Jackson tell you when I was born?" He growled and looked back to the road.

"I enjoyed the Victorian era, the houses, the attire. I moved to England when queen Victoria and Prince Albert were in rein. I suppose it was quite enjoyable."

"You can be fun." Layla disagreed really thinking about it. "Or at least tolerable." She joked trying to make him smile some but not wanting to push it incase he snapped at her. She lived in constant fear of the men in her life. With the pack, she had learned what set off each Were and would try to do as little as possible to earn their wrath. The little good it did her for they seemed to take it out on her either way, either physically, sexually or in her fathers case mentally.

She glance up at him surprised at his generous offer. Layla wasn't sure at first if he was quite serious but he was and he'd called her darling. "Thanks . . . But I don't know what to do? I'd be more than happy to help the servants." She'd never been allowed friends either. "I promise not to break anything whatever I do." She added hurriedly in case the offer was retracted.

"N-no of course not." When he growled she tried her hardest not to squeak. "He didn't mean to, I asked. I didn't think you'd be . . . from so long ago. He was only answering my question. You won't hurt him will you? Because it's not his fault at all." She stammered, a little frightened. The kindness of the servant was something she did not want to lose nor did she want him to be punished for something she had asked on a whim.

Layla almost breathed a sigh of relief after he continued. "I like the Victorian era too." She ventured, silent for sometime thinking about his hot and cold behaviour. "Could you not growl at me so much?" She found herself saying aloud. She didn't know how she dared because she would have never to a Were. She would have been beaten but the the Vampire had seemed more humane than the Weres.

He rolled his eyes at the thought of him being fun but there was a slight smirk on his lips as he let his guard down for her just a tad. Nodding as she promised not to break anything the air felt a little bit lighter than before now as they drove along.

Cocking a brow as she stammered about Jackson he rolled his eyes and shook his head, "I don't punish my servants unless they do something truly punishable. He just makes me sound older than I am when he's at least three hundred years older." He muttered under his breath.

Nodding again as she agreed with his choice of era, however what she said next made his walls go right back into place, the slight smirk wiping off his face completely as his knuckles turned white. He turned back into the reserved person he started out as, as this always seemed to happen when he calmed himself. "My apologies." He said dryly as he drove up to the valet getting out as the employee opened her door for her and took the keys.

"Oh so it's just me you punish then." She mumbled without realising she had said it out aloud and then marvelled that there was someone even older than him still alive. She couldn't ever imagine living that long. She wouldn't want to with the life she had. It was sheet will power that even Layla didn't know she possessed that had got her through the horrors of her life.

When he filled back to being stiff she looked at him confused as they got out the car and she followed him. "Are you . . . alright?" She asked him watching his face which had been smiling a moment earlier but now was as stone like as one of his statues. "I-I'm sorry if I said something to upset you. I-I didn't mean to." She said with so much earnest and sincerity.

His frown deepened at the next line as he spoke. "I'll be on the top floor if you need me." He said walking away from her as he left into the elevator, not paying her any mind or a glance. The building was massive, luxury cars decorating it as well as shiny new parts. Nile had always loved machinery and its evolution as much as he enjoyed power and money. However this time he was in a lesser mood from that as he sat down and worked quietly in his large office, his employees only there if he required something.

Other employees fetched her every wish they could whether it be food or drink, or just answering questions about parts and the cars that sported them, Nile working incredibly hard to make sure everyone that worked for him was incredibly knowledgeable about the product from the factory to the sales floor.

He left her alone and just walked away. Layla looked around nervously before his staff came to her offering everything. Food, drinks. Taking incredibly good care of her. It appeared however, she had replaced one prison with another. She was eventually left it a lobby with a magnificent view of the city from this height. She peered out across the city lights at night. Watching people live their lives. Thinking to herself how incredibly lucky they were and how they had no clue and no doubt took advantage of the freedom granted to them.

It was some time later that a young, well dressed young man, close to her age approached her. He introduced himself as one of the managers and offered her a full tour of the building. Layla jumped at the chance. After all, what else was she to do. The man's name was Damien and he had moved to the city from New York not too long ago and had been headhunted by the company. Layla immediately felt at ease with him and as they walked slowly and talked, she could feel a certain chemistry between them. No man had ever looked at her like that. Caught in the moment, she followed him up to the roof when he suggested it for the best view of the city, even grabbing a bottle of wine from the executive staff room and two glasses.

Layla closed her eyes as the wind blew past them sending a chill across her skin as they drank the wine and enjoyed the view.

"I can't believe the boss would drag you here and leave you alone to work." Damien said to her, looking at her intently. "In fact I'm surprised he's back to work so soon, you guys just got married right?"

Layla cleared her throat. "He-he's a very busy man. I understand his work requires a lot his time." She tried to say the right thing.

"More time than his brand new gorgeous bride?" Damien questioned her moving closer and she couldn't help but blush.

"I-I don't think you should be saying things like that." She said flustered. "Shall we go back down it's getting a bit cold out here."

"Wait." He grabbed her upper arm. "Stay. Just a little longer." He said slowly moving closer to her.

Nile had pressed his speaker calling for Damien who never responded. Frowning he sighed and got up from his office, his work starting to run thin anyway as he would go pay a visit to his manager and then take Layla and go back home. Glancing outside he saw it was getting late as he locked up his office and looked around, heading out to one of the balconies when he caught the pair's scent.

Thinking nothing more than Damien was just entertaining his wife he walked over, straightening his sleeve cuffs, "my dear as much as it pains me, we might as well- ....What is this." He said dully, seeing Damien's hands on his wife, one on the small of her back the other under her chin to make her look up at him. It seemed the pair were having a conversation when the vampire walked in.

Damien panicked, letting her go and informed his boss that he was simply showing his wife around the building as Nile stepped in between the two, a mask of hurt and anger on his face but he tried his best to hide it. "Get out." He said lowly to the manager through his fangs.

Layla had been trying to extricate herself from Damien's grasp. It was nice to be found attractive for more than your looks but . . . It just didn't feel right after all and she didn't expect the consequences would be good for either of them if they were found. Especially by her husband.

"I can't." She said more firmly this time but he had a hold on her and was beginning to scare her. She didn't want to hurt him but she wouldn't dare lash out at him either because of her past experience with the men of her kind. "Let me go Damien."

"Why?" Damien insisted. "I saw the way you were looking at me."

"I wasn't looking at you like anything." She said through gritted teeth trying to release herself to no avail. "Please." She whimpered.

It was relief that flooded her when Nile had stepped between the pair. Damien didn't dare to challenge the Vampire Lord , skittering away quickly out of sight. Layla crushed herself against Nile, wrapping her arms around him tight holding on. "I thought he was going to . . ." She whispered against the crook of his neck, eyes closed as she shuddered. One never got used to abuse or being taken advantage of no matter how many times it happened. She physically shuddered against him, flash backs of how badly and horribly her father's Were's had used and abused her, holding her against her will much like Damien had. "Thank you."

"If he's smart he won't show his face here again." He said lowly, allowing her to press against him as his eyes followed the human out until he was out of sight. Wrapping his hand around hers as a comforting gesture he nodded glancing down at her his anger there but it wasn't directed at her this time, "it's alright," the first time he told her those words and the first time he meant it to her as he walked her out to their car, going to the parking garage himself just in case other males frightened her as something seemed to set her off.

As they drove, this time Nile took a shorter route home through the city, frowning awkwardly as he glanced at her from the mirror, "...Are you hungry? Perhaps dinner could be a bit relaxing for you." He asked awkwardly, clearly not used to passing a gesture like this to her as they still didn't know each other, "come on, anywhere you want."

Layla held onto him tight. His words giving her some comfort. And how odd it seemed to her that this Vampire was comforting this Were. She had been bought up to despise his kind and yet despite his snappishness, he had been more kinder to her than anyone had in her entire life. Even her own father. She squeezed his hand when he took her small palm in his. Letting him lead her out of the building, she shook as she slipped into the back seat this time. Her form almost small and curled up. The look in her eyes far away as she relieved some horrific memory. Closing the lids to try and make it stop.

It was his voice that ultimately drove the shadows away. Meeting his gaze in the mirror she shifted in her seat slightly. She wasn't really in the mood but since he had offered so kindly and the fact that she did not want to displease him in anyway, Layla managed a small smile and replied. "Dinner sounds nice." And he further surprised her. "Err you pick?" She suggested. "I don't really get out much."

Back
Top Bottom