Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Bound (ScarlettRose & Hatchet)

"Alexander, darling." Amelia cooed crossing one long leg over the other. "First off, you'd be the second one celebrating after Nile if I happened to get my just desserts in such a violent way and two, I'd hardly allow the creation of such a creature if I couldn't tame it. Be nice and I may let you borrow his powers from time to time."

Of course, she had no real intention of borrowing or giving Alexander anything but this was the kind of banter they shared. Though she did wonder what had prompted this unexpected visit. Not that her doors weren't open. In fact, he was a welcomed distraction after Ronan's standoffish-nes. She didn't have the time to deal with his emotional issues tonight when the council was breathing down her neck about this Donder, Nile thing. It was like they were setting her up knowing exactly how much she and Nile did not see eye to eye, to put it nicely.

"Your feeling would be correct my dear. I could not give a damn about Donder's mate." Amelia replied with an air of uninterested that was complete unfeigned. "The child's mother is barely in my clan, it'd be rather barbaric of me to claim rights on the child. Plus, I have not the patience for children anymore and certainly am not looking to raise a brat. That too someone else's. If I did insist upon the membership it would be when the child is an adult but in the same way the Devil himself collects his dues. But tell me Alexander," Amelia looked at him crookedly, her glass loose in her fingers at her side, before she used the finger of the same hand to point at him. "Why are you suddenly so curious about my Clan and it's membership or is this more to do with Donder and that young girl he's carrying on with?"

Ronan listened from the other room, leaning against the closest wall as he frowned, his brows furrowing catching her words. Now that he heard her, he always knew he was somewhat of a dog to her when they first met, but he had thought after their nights of passion together that had changed...

And it seemed he was wrong.

Clenching his fists as she teased Alexander about sharing him, he had no intention of being passed around like a box of tissues. And then there was her thoughts on children, knowing she had a right to her own opinion, a family was something Ronan always wanted but it was too far off in the distance for him to grasp due to his profession and own mental health. However, from her words it seemed to make the distance farther now as he stared out the window. Ronan got up, opening it and hopped out, sliding down the railing and to the stairs of a few stories below as he left on another walk, his hands shoved in his pockets.

--

Alexander's eyes flicked to the other room hearing Ronan leave once more, finding the young warlock as nothing more of a nuisance and a tool. "You're mutt escaped again," he mused with a low chuckle before frowning, his eyes flashing from silver to red. "Don't patronize me, Amelia. The truth is...I think their unborn is to be a vampire...But something else...Alyssa attacked Ren a few weeks ago and during a checkup I noticed something strange about her scent. I feel that perhaps the child will have magical powers due to the blood Alyssa had accidentally drank...But there was another odd scent along with it that I can't put my finger on..."

Amelia smiled ever so slowly. "He always comes back." Though, she was worried for Ronan, she had a certain reputation and after all these years she had no intention of smearing it. She would show no sign of weakness, whatever the cost. Ronan would eventually have to come to terms with the fact that whatever she felt for him would be completely separate from certain aspects of her life. Maybe it was a little selfish on her part to want to keep him all to herself and away from her world. He had become like an oasis for her.

"Oh but I enjoy patronizing you darling." Amelia laughed back coldly. "Don't take an old vampires joys away, after all there are only very few things left in this world that amuse me. Patronizing you is one of them." The laughter continued in her eyes as she took a sip of her drink before she arched a brow at his next words. "Alyssa attacked Ren? Well, well, well. The little Vampiress has a little fight in her." She said somewhat proud. "Though I doubt Ren will take such a slight lying down. They call us leeches but she was the real leech. Sucking the life out of Donder until he was nothing more than a drunk husk. However . . . this child . . . A vampire you say?" She thought about the information Alexander had just imparted. "Magic . . . You want my permission for something Alexander as she is a member of my clan?" Amelia decided to make her claim on the child then and there. A Vampire with magic these days . . . was a very rare occurrence. She could be killed for it by those who would want her power. But if she belonged to a Clan they would not touch her for fear or reprisal. "As for a scent you say? . . ." Amelia's crooked smile back in place as she knew what it meant. She was old and mean enough to know the in's and out's of all it meant to be a Vampire. "I couldn't possibly guess what that scent could be." Amelia lied. "Maybe it's just a part of the gestation." She offered, knowing the years to come would be entertaining to witness. Poor clueless Alexander . . .

Ronan didn’t come back as he stayed at his old apartment that was now condemned. He was angry and hurt, her words reminding him of past lovers as he threw a stone at an old crumbling wall before grabbbg his jacket and left down the street.

His hands in his pockets he didn’t make any eye contact as he lit a cigarette not caring about anyone else around him shouldering people out of his way as his white eyes cut through the night and dawn.

Damn what the council say, tonight Amelia wasn’t in the mood to deal with Nike or Donder. They’d have to wait until tomorrow. Her impromptu visit from Alexander had been interesting to say the least. However it was getting close to day break now and Ronan wasn’t back yet.

The problem for caring for something was this worry that came along with it. Much like she was worrying now because she knew how her harsh words must have sounded to him. But that’s simply how calculated she was and certain people needed to hear certain things. Her only regret this time was Ronan didn’t understand.

Amelia had decided she’d waited long enough before she decided to go out looking for him at places he may haunt. He didn’t realise how special he was for she’d never ever do this much worrying for anybody else. Ever.

Ronan was drunk again sitting on trash cans in an alley way letting out a hiccup. Hearing her heels click on the sidewalk as he gritted his teeth he didn't want anything to do with her, he was nothing but a dog, and she was nothing more than the cunts and jackasses that used him countless over his short lifetime. However, the difference with her was he let his guard down one too many times, and she screwed him into an eternity.

Ronan was depressed, he had many mental problems and no interest in living forever, he wanted out but was always too scared to end it, however...

When she rounded the corner, his gun cocked though he had a feeling a simple bullet wouldn't do much to her. "Fuck off bitch." He seethed at her from between his teeth. "Or I'll show you what I do to users."

Amelia sighed and then in a split second she had his face pressed to the wall. The gun flung so far down the alley that the clatter of the metal sounded like a drop in the ocean.

“Your drunk.” She stated, holding his hands behind his back as she pressed him harder into the brick. Amelia sighed again. “I’m going to explain something which you probably won’t remember because you’re a drunkard. However, I’ll keep it short for now. You’re an idiot. I have a reputation. Don’t believe everything I say to other people.”

She pressed her lips to his cheeks as he struggled against her. He was strong but not that strong. Of course she’d have to look out for his powers which were more dangerous now than ever. “Ronan.” She said in a soft voice against his ear. “Love, Be still. I don’t want to hurt you.”

She didn’t have a man pinned against the wall, no. She instead had a feral, trapped animal that had been shocked one too many times now. Snarling at her as his cheek pressed roughly against the brick wall he struggled from her strength.

She felt an electric shock run through her to break her grip before he shoved her off, now standing a few feet from her but he was oceans away.

“Already have.” He growled at her, her words hurt him none the less.

“You need to make a choice sweetheart, because you can’t have it both ways. Life doesn’t work like that. You either have me in your life or you kick me out. You can’t just bring me in when it best suits you, for your stress relief.” For a drunk, and a street thug he did seem quite educated in society.

“You do whatever. Take as long as you need to figure it out. I don’t like ultimatums as much as the next guy, but I can’t deal with being your stress relief friends with benefits sort of guy. Figure it out or fuck off.” He snapped pointing to the gun as it whirled to him, Ronan turning and walking off.

Amelia let him go. The shock he had administrated to her still stung and when she lifted her shirt to have a look the skin of her abdominal was all scorched. She grit her teeth against the pain. It would heal until like the scars that be left on her emotions. They would take longer.

She was a creature of comfort and did not take kindly to being backed into a corner. This was far from over but she'd let him have his space. He wanted a commitment from her. That was surprising in and of itself. He had never indicated to her that he wanted more than just a bit of fun.

The next time they spoke, he wouldn't be able to hide behind his reticence. If he expected something more solid and permanent from her then he would have to man up and tell her otherwise they would be going they're separate ways. Amelia had wasted enough time and energy on this foolishness she thought darkly as she headed home to recover.

It was weeks if not closing into a couple of months. Ronan was a master at stewing in a situation, and he was too stubborn to come crawling back.

However before he gave up on her he at least left back to the flat she gave him, his vampire senses catching her scent as he opened the door but didn’t step in.

“I came to get my shit. And to see if you’ve made your mind up but perhaps I haven’t been very clear to you.” His tone was cutting his words like ice to her, “I’m stupidly in love. And it hasn’t been the first time but if this. Whatever this is. Is ended it will be the last.”

He still didn’t step through the door his arms crossed his guard still up with her but as usual she knew how to break it down, but he was still on edge.

Amelia listened to Ronan. It was just by chance she stopped by his flat today. She hadn’t heard from him for weeks. Amelia didn’t want to admit it after the first week as her anger set into place but she had missed the idiot.

Tonight she had just been passing by and something pulled her to come in. It was times like these she questioned if fate might really exist.

“Are you now?” A smile slowly started to spread across her lips. She had intended to confront him the next time she saw him but his admission made her heart beat faster and she couldn’t stop smiling if she tried.

Taking a step towards him Amelia teased him although it was clear he wasn’t in the bestest of moods. “Surely you can’t expect me to decide something like that with you first showing me exactly how much you love me.”

Ronan didn't step back but he glared down at her his walls up once more. He was in no mood for her games as he growled. "I can. You really hurt me you know. Do you have any idea how many times I've had gorgeous men and women butter me up and toss me aside like a wet rag? I'm incredibly sick and tired of it, especially when you can't seem to decide whether or not you want me in your life. You've told me little about vampires, I've never met your clan, its almost as if you're embarrassed to have me around." He growled lowly at her, though he knew she most likely wasn't embarrassed, he understood wanting to keep people out of certain aspects of other's lives but they were past that point now.

"Not to mention I loved you enough to come here, normally I would have just said fuck it and left everything where it was while I went about my own business. This..." He growled gesturing to the situation, "Is incredibly unnatural for me."

“Well guess what Ronan.” Amelia for the first time since they’d known each raised her voice. “I’m a lot of fucking things but I’m NOT a fucking mind reader! You’ve said next to nothing about wanting anymore than sex from me and then suddenly you throw love at me.”

She growled glowering at him. Her eyes crimson and her fangs out. “If you want to fuck the whole of the East Coast go right fucking ahead! Am I supposed to be grateful that you decided to come back?! You’ve thought only of yourself! Did you spare one thought for what I was going through because you just upped and left. No word or phone call and now you show up weeks later with what exactly?! If you love me I’m right here. You’re the only one running away from this.”

"Yeah I know, stupid isn't it?" He growled not afraid of her as he stepped forward the temperature rising around them as his eyes darkened to a stormy grey. "Might I remind you, you never said anything either. Not that that is your fault...But we both dodged a bullet there now didn't we? I didn't think you wanted anything more, and in my fucked up head I didn't want to be laughed at or skewered by even toying with the idea of a relationship."

He kept his voice low, he barely raised his voice when angered but his voice was still cutting, "neither of us had any indication. My problem with you is that if I calm down you're going to go right back to picking and choosing where you want me to fit in your life and I'm not going to just be accommodated wherever it suits you best. I didn't expect anything from you when I came back Amelia, I was expecting you were up with someone else a bit more...You're taste." He growled giving her a once over, a sneer on his lips knowing he looked like a piece of utter trash next to her.

Amelia’s hand came out and struck him across the face. She didn’t know why that had offended her so. In the past she had done just that. Lovers were a dime a dozen but she knew what she shared with Ronan was different.

She did fall in love with him but he was also adamant about pissing her off tonight. “You want a place in my life?” Amelia growled. “Then you’ll have to earn it! Not act like some brat stamping your feet and demanding it!”

It had been many years since somebody had her boiling quite so. She glowered at him not backing down but bristling at a man trying to control her again.

His head snapped across the side as his pale cheek was now colored red as he growled at her. There were many things he'd love to have said to her but he'd end up dead or at least mauled as he rubbed his cheek glowering down at her again. "Whatever," was the only thing out of his mouth that sneer still on his face after the fact.

"This is beautiful." Alexander purred from behind them, the man had a habit of showing up at the absolute worst moments as he leaned against the wall, Ronan whirling around to face him. There was a flash of surprise on the pureblood's face when he saw the look in the warlock's eye, the intent to kill. "...Oh..." Was all that could escape from Alexander's mouth as he flitted from his spot as lightning zapped towards him, the doctor standing behind Amelia as if using her as a meat shield. "I think he's jealous..." He taunted in her ear though he was somewhat correct. Ronan had seen her more times than she noticed, he had a habit in spying, and Alexander was spending a bit more time with her through those times, he would have even come sooner but he always saw that stuffy doctor...

"You know I just came for a bit of wine, I didn't expect to get impaled today either." He said and flitted back, the floor coming up to smack him though Amelia was left untouched, "stop that you brute, you're ruining the carpet."

“Oh please Alexander.” Amelia rolled her eyes having enough of this show. “As if i’d even touch you with a barge pole.”

Alexander she supposed it was a stretch to call him a friend but he was an intelligent man and she enjoyed having an adult conversation - the no-sexual kind of course - with him.

“I think there’s no wine tonight. Come back another night for I very much doubt if you plan on staying tonight that you’ll be leaving alive my dear. You see we’re in the middle of a lovers tiff. Now run along.”

"That was mildly hurtf-" he started before he was slammed with what looked like a large brick of ice as he was flung back and smacked against the door, ice shards around him as he sat there dazed for a long moment, slowly looking to Ronan his eyes blood red as he cocked his head to the side.

"If she wasn't standing here right now, you bald-headed freak." He growled Ronan's brows raising never seeing Alexander actually mad before, "I'd rip your spine form your throat and shove it up your ass in a heartbeat." Obviously the doctor didn't enjoy being knocked around as he slowly got up, dusting himself off as he glanced to Amelia. "You my dear. Have absolutely no taste in men."

Standing up as he used the wall for support he eyed Ronan in case he tried to further humiliate him, the other man standing there with his arms crossed the intent to kill in his eyes as the other vampire moved to leave.

Amelia didn’t respond to Alexander’s comment. It may have been very well because of the act that it might have actually been true. She waited for him to leave before she spoke again.

“That was highly unnecessary.” She folded her arms across her chest, leaning her weight to one side. “Are you planning on alienating all my friends?”

She was hardly impressed but relieved to see he had far more control of his powers. Powers he complained about her giving him but he was certainly enjoying them now wasn’t he?

“What is it you want Ronan?” Amelia asked throwing her hands up to the heavens. “You want to know how I feel?! Then fine! I LOVE you. I’m in love with YOU. Though right now I’m very much wondering why! Because you are trying my patience and good nature.”

He said nothing, knowing he was the bad guy now but he didn't regret doing that to Alexander. "He's not your friend Amelia be real." He snorted at her knowing she made no move to help out the other vampire.

Stepping forward he barred his teeth at her. "I'm wondering why to you know. Why you even waste your time with me. I can't tell if its because you have low standards or what but I've been told quite before that I'm not 'commitment material.'" He growled, though Ronan had a point, "so here's why I'm so pissed Amelia, because I don't know what else to do, crawl away until you realize you could have literally anyone else on this fucked planet, or actually not be treated like trash for a second of my miserable life and tell you how I feel."

She captured his chin between her cold fingers. They move to stroke his jaw and then bring his face close to hers as she gently pressed her lips to his.

“I’m with you because you make me happy and I love you.” Amelia explained to his carefully. “You’re not trash to me. To me you’re the same as me. We’re predators that’ll do anything to get what we want. And I want yoh Ronan Lynch.”

He was tense in her grasp, his shoulders rising and falling but slowly through the kiss he relaxed and stepped closer to her, still an untamed beast of a man as his white eyes searched her face. "...I don't feel the same." He mumbled unsure of what she meant, she just seemed so different to him about everything, people would bow to her as they would run from him. She was successful, he was nothing more than a thug or even a knock off boogie man of sorts to others.

Slowly, almost shyly his hands came around her pulling her to his chest as the temperature went back to normal and the floor was fixed, obviously due to his calming state as he shifted nervously on his feet holding her to his strong chest. "...I'm sorry I just...When I get emotional I get stupid."

Amelia rested her forehead against his as he held her close, he’d hands coming to the sides of his face. He didn’t need to believe it. She knew enough for both of them.

Her lips captured his again for a slow, long and deep, soul consuming kiss. Holding Ronan tight, “I missed you.” She sighed again happily as she was in his warm arms. Littering kisses all along his jaw.

“Tell me you love me again and why.” Amelia demanded with a small grin.

Nuzzling her as he thought about her demand, holding her tight against his chest as he rubbed her back. "...Well...I'd like to think its a lot of stuff but if I had to boil it down to a major reason I'd say...I guess I feel safe. Like you get that I have problems but that doesn't stop you from wanting to be around me...And it doesn't make you want to try and fix me..." He murmured in her hair breathing in her scent.

"There's other things like how strong you are and all that kinda stuff...I like it when you're cynical and calculating but not with me." He frowned knowing that's why he freaked out so badly and now they were in this situation.

"...What about you, why do you love me?"

"Because you're an idiot." Amelia grinned, not indulging him further as she pulled him further into the apartment, his arms still around her. Her hand stroking the nape of his neck. "Not to exaggerate or anything but I am pretty amazing." She teased. "Cynical and calculating are my best qualities, that is true."

She kissed him, knowing full well that when one had an eternity forever wasn't forever. One day he'd get bored of her. That's just how it was but for now they should indeed enjoy the time they had together. Maybe that was her cynical side speaking again. Who knew, he might prove her wrong. For now though Amelia could not imagine another man taking his place in her life.

"Now show me just how much you've missed me."

Back
Top Bottom