Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Bound (ScarlettRose & Hatchet)

He smiled slightly at her but it didn't help his anxiety of being tossed aside, he was indeed a poor animal that was kicked and left in the cold one too many times. Leaning back as she kissed his pale, scarred skin he watched her slowly playing with her hair as he waited for her to continue noticing she wasn't exactly with it tonight after their violent love making.

"Um...No I don't want you to leave." He said lowly, his face starting to redden as he shifted a bit embarrassed on the couch. Her cooing soothed him as his arms lightly tightened around her, "mh....I'll be there..." He promised her nuzzling the top of her head with a low purr.

Amelia could feel his blush without having to look up at him. He was rather adorable when he was flustered. She could feel the tension in his body.

It was clear he didn’t want to leave her but it was also obvious he was certain about her words. “Well, there, it’s settled then isn’t it?” She sighed, stroking his arm and chest lovingly.

“If you want it to be more permanent then you’re going to have to get down on one knee sweetheart.”

Ronan tensed as he shifted on the couch not sure how to take that before he answered honestly, "...I think...That's a little too fast, Amelia." He said frowning at her comment of him getting down on one knee. He hadn't even known her that long though of coarse they sped up certain parts of their relationship, "I mean hell I haven't even taken you on a date yet." He laughed nervously not wanting to anger her but his body was stiff and tense.

Shifting under her as he tried to relax from her strokes on his chest, he continued to play with her hair looking up at the ceiling thoughtfully still unsure what she would do with him since his expertise was no longer needed.

Laying on him still with her eyes shut, laughter bubbled out of her at his response and his tense demeanour. It was like she could feel every muscle tighten in his body as panic wracked him. It was rather funny. Amelia sighed when the laughter finally abated and subsided. "Relax Ronan. It was a joke. I'm in no hurry to get hitched or have kids or anything like that ever again." She told him frankly.

"You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I have no designs on you. You can carry on with your 'work' of course, I'll take my cut and we'll just keep doing . . . whatever this is we're going." She smiled finally opening her eyes and looking up at him, hoping she'd eased his worries. "You know I've been married twice and I've had the kids. I've lived two full lives over and now until the foreseen future I don't intend to have that sort of drama in my life." She turned resting her chin on her hands which rested on his chest. "We can do this as long as you like and if or when you get bored you're free to go as you please. No strings attached."

Her explanation did little to ease him though he forced himself to relax knowing how well she could understand his body movements. It wasn't that he was going to leave at some point, he couldn't find it in him to do that, he instead found himself quite smitten with the vampire. He simply didn't want to get hitched early in the game, twenty four and having no plans to start a family though the idea didn't disgust him.

Raising a brow as she said there would be no strings attached if he were to leave her whenever he pleased, he didn't believe a word of that. Especially not after the way she reacted to Nile just about killing him or making him his little newborn vampire slave as he played with her hair. "...Yeah...Sure..." He muttered leaning back, resting his free hand behind his head as he laid with her. "You working tomorrow?" He asked having plans in the morning and doing a few things around the warehouse.

"Darling, I'm always working. I'm only working less lately because I find I have got myself a very enticing distraction." She winked up at him. He was clearly a mess of feelings and emotions. Things tended to be more life and death at that age that he was. She had the slightest recollection of that age herself but then it was a different time and she was of a different class and surrounded by a whole world of different people.

"So are you ever going to take me on that date huh?" She cocked a brow up at him with a smirk still in place. "Not that I'm in a rush or anything. There's also that little matter of Nile. I very much doubt that's the last you'll be seeing of him but err . . . I think you'll be more than capable of managing his advances the only thing I advice sweetheart is caution. He is far more powerful than that little display the other week and twice as cunning. Though I hear he has a little distraction of his own at the moment. Until her drained corpse shows up and until he's in the Council's bad books, we had better watch our backs."

"Hey look. I'm working on it I just don't know exactly where to take you. I'm not exactly boyfriend material." He snorted at her cocking a dark brow, "remember. Piece of trash." He said gesturing to himself before stretching.

As he heeded her warning he paused and looked down at her with a slightly confused and irritated expression. "What's his deal anyway? I mean. He acts like he's from the eighteen hundreds, not only that what the hell could you, Donder, or who ever else do to him to get him so pissed off? I mean sure he was a little wacko at the art gallery meeting but when he stormed into my apartment he was calm and cool...Minus throwing me against the wall until my back broke but whatever." He said with a shrug.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "You know labels mean absolutely nothing after you've lived as long as I have. Plus, one man's trash is another man's treasure." Shifting to her side as he looked upon her as the subject of Nile arouse once more.

Amelia sighed. "I suppose it's story time and after everything you've been threw . . . you have a right to know. And yes he is from the eighteen hundreds or there abouts, I forget . . . Anyway. I'll try to keep this short but it all has to do with Clan rivalry among the Vampires. It used to get very bloody back then. Very barbaric. The story goes, there was once a beautiful Vampiress. She had been turned a hundred years or so before our very own Nile. She had been born into a live of luxury and leisure and when she was rebirthed as a Vampire well, that selfishness and self importance carried over. She with her lover - her Maker - traipsed around all of Europe and then the states, killing, feeding, leaving a bloody trail in there wake wherever they went. Then one day something terrible happened and her lover was murdered. After over a hundred years of him by her side, she was alone and a drift and eternally sorrowful. She needed something to fulfil her life. So she settled down, creating something for herself. An Empire upon which she could rule. Only, the problem was someone was already upon that throne. Not only on that throne but on another. Two Clan leaders united under marriage ruling two clans! It was selfish and outrageous. Then there was a Wolf who hated them - for what reason I cannot tell you, but I'm sure he has them - hated them more than he hated her. As the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So they joined forces and tore them off their throne. The only mistake they made was they took pity on their heir. Letting him live and so you see we must suffer the consequences of our foolish mercy."

Ronan didn't look amused as she told him the story of Nile's parents. "Duh. You were a bitch and killed his parents, Amelia, very few kids wouldn't swear revenge on the people who selfishly killed their parents. Honestly I think you're reason itself is...Well...You just wanted something you didn't have. I don't know about Donder though." He said with a shrug but crossed his arms. He wasn't mad at her, there was nothing to be mad about though he didn't like being targeted by a revenge crazed vampire. "This is kinda like Hamlet to me..." He muttered, another interesting fact he gave her is that he enjoyed Shakespeare.

"So...What if he never ends up killing his wife or ends up in the eye of the council? Are you and Donder just going to keep at it in vain or what?" He asked curiously as Nile seemed to be fairing well so far minus the attack on him, but he had a feeling a council of supernaturals wouldn't bat an eye on the attack of a human.

Amelia raised a brow with amusement as she crawled up, so they were face to face. His warm body heating her cool one. "Shakespeare? Why Mr. Lynch you are full of surprises." She grinned before she waved away his earlier comments. "I don't need to justify my actions. I'm who I am. If I want something I will take it Ronan. The cost matters little to none to me." She said coldly. There was no remorse in her and none that she even pretended to have.

"I will do what is necessary and Donder . . . Well he has even more reason to know after what Nile did." She explained simply. "To be quite frank if I did not care for the councils rules and regulations I'd have long ended Nile's miserable little existence. The problem is, currently I like being liked and feeling very important. One day when I tire of the council and their prickly ways I'll be done with it all. Currently, draining and pillaging a village isn't what interests me anymore. Like good wine I've matured but my patience has it's limits. You know I would be quite alright if he let this little vendetta go and I'd let him live peacefully with his little She-bitch. If he so wished but as matters stand I can't have him threatening me and mine."

"I suppose not," he muttered a bit irritated that he was pulled into this just by association with her as he rose a brow at her dully. Leaning back he didn't question her anymore, but he had a feeling that her killing his parents was a big secret among this council sort of whatever. He wondered also how it would affect Donder if they found he had a part in it but then simply shrugged it off, he had a feeling it wouldn't affect him quite yet, at least for a while.

Leaning back into the couch he closed his eyes, his insomnia and black outs taking a toll on him as he finally felt like he could get at least a few hours of sleep that night, keeping his arms loosely around her.

After about four hours though he slid out from under her, dressed in jogging pants and a loose sleeveless shirt with a quiet grumble knowing if he did a little run he'd calm down as he let her sleep there. Ronan ran quite a while in the night, listening to the crickets and birds as everyone else slept, not hearing the wolves this time.

Amelia was fast asleep even when he stirred from beneath she barely murmured. Their passion filled night taking it out of her batter and bruised body.

Though her dreams were plagued with the conversation they had had before falling asleep. Amelia was transported back to her first life. That of a duchess a smile spreading across her lips as she was reunited with her children.

They were distance memories. Long dead but a mother’s love was forever and she missed them dearly though she had been forced to abandon them. Lost in the past she had no idea of Ronan’s departure.

Ronan returned, making sure she was still comfortable on the couch with a pillow in place of him and a blanket over her. Re-adjusting anything that needed it he then left to the shower, his mood turning cold once more as it did during the middle of his waking periods. He didn't smile again, he was quiet like a guard dog only when ordered, exactly like he was when he first got the job.

Doing a few checks and balances on his brand new laptop from his chair in the living room he interestingly enough wore black framed glasses to read the screen, something he rarely put on to risk embarrassment as he typed away letting her sleep though breakfast hadn't been prepared, Ronan hadn't been broken in enough to cook for her on a whim, he didn't cook when he wasn't hungry.

The sound of her cell vibrating against the surface of the coffee table woke her. She murmured unhappily as she answered it. "Is that so . . ." Amelia replied groggily, her short blonde hair a complete mess as she sat up slightly. She did not care to be disturbed by council business but when needs must . . .

"Are you sure I'm the right person to make this visit?" She questioned to whoever was on the other end of the line. "Being the only member available is not exactly the best reason to send me . . . uhuh . . . okay fine. As you wish."

The phone landed with a thwack back on the coffee table as she threw it and fell back against the pillow and couch cushions. There had been some sort of animosity brewing between certain Were's and vampires and she had the unfortunate job of investigating. Amelia looked across at Ronan noticing his glasses, she made a funny face but didn't comment further on it. "I have to pay some calls later today to our friends." She said to him on a sigh, planning on making no move as of yet, turning on her side she curled up in a ball with the blankets half covering her as she face him. "Donder and Nile in one day. It's like I've won the lottery." She said sarcastically, wanting to see neither men for the foreseeable future but life didn't work like that.

"What happened," he asked a bit dully as he continued to type on his computer completely glued to the screen. He would at least make an interesting office desk worker, especially with that shaved head and tattoos across his body.

After a moment he sent his document and shut the laptop, stretching as he opened a white eye over her, slowly taking off his glasses and putting them back into their case. "So I guess you've got to go and work out whatever stupid thing those two did, yeah?" He asked with a yawn, getting up and walked over to her.

"Work out is rather a stretch." She commented thought fully. Feeling she was being set up in some sort of trap or it was like a really bad joke. "More like see what's happened and tell them both to knock it off before things get out of hand and the council has to step in. Luck for me, I know how much neither of them wants that to happen. When witches get involved, especially council witches things can get pretty nasty. Mind shackles and the like. Very painful magic." Amelia explained. "Of the semi-permanent nature."

If there was anything Vampires hated more then Were's then it was witches. They were nasty creatures who hated vampires equally in turn. Of course, they had every right after being enslaved to the whims of vampires for centuries. Were's and witches on the other hand had a cordial understanding though they tended to keep their distance.

"In this big bad supernatural world we all have to learn to play nice together. That's what the council is for. Can't have another genocide on our hands like we did last time with mass extinction of some of the wolf races." She said as if she was taking about something as unimportant as cheese.

Ronan frowned in thought wondering if she would turn indifferent about him or other things as she seemed to be with other supernatural races, but he was not in the position to argue. "....Okay." He mumbled leaning back in his seat, Ronan was starting to feel a bit more disdain once more as he was thrown into the miss much as Donder's girlfriend was, he had to blame her but he remembered the look of hurt across her face when he did act on it.

Keeping his thoughts to himself, rubbing his head as he laid back down. "...Alright...Well I guess you've got work today. I think I'm just gonna chill around here." He mumbled tiredly as his insomnia plagued him, but also not wanting to be angry or even irritated in front of her.

The back of her cold hand stroked his face as he came and laid down next to her. Her gaze falling on his features. Taking in every detail of him. She had learnt his habits, at least a few of them. She was still learning the rest. However, Amelia sensed something off about him.

“Ronan.” She said, her cool gaze meeting his. “Tell me what’s wrong. You’ve become quiet once again. If this is going to work, you need to communicate with me. I know I’m many things but mind reader is not one of them darling. Hmm?”

"I'm not going to tell you. Because we'll have a fight about it and I don't do well in relationship fights." He said dully at her, flashing his fangs as a silent 'back off' as he once more clammed up. "Look, I'm tired. I'm probably going to black out this week okay. That and trying to still come to terms with this fucking magic shit is incredibly hard for me. Not saying you wouldn't get it, but you've been around long enough where its natural. This isn't something I can just say 'sure whatever' like I usually can."

Ronan sat up now, on the other side of the couch incredibly guarded from her, his arms crossed and his eyes darkening to a shade of grey.

Amelia stroked his side for a long moment as he sat up. She made no secrecy of her blank gaze upon him. She thought deeply and logically about everything he said before sliding up onto her feet.

“As you wish my dear.” She said making her way to the bathroom where she stood in front of the mirror examining all the marks he left on her.

She would indeed have to wear something that provided full cover because Ronan had painted her with marks and scars. Focusing on the angry puncture marks on the curve of her breast. It still tingled when she touched and sent a new wave of wetness between her legs at the memory of their rough love making.

"As you wish what?" He growled hating when she did that as she left to the bathroom. Unlike Amelia he couldn't read people very well, especially her as in his case he was an open book to everyone, people knew when he was on a rampage or somewhat calm. Amelia however...She was indeed that of a business women. Pulling his pants on he lit a cigarette and puffed it a bit angrily as he wondered what she was to do in the bathroom.

He didn't know how to feel still, his mind going back and forth between intense intimacy with her to being discouraged from the massive life change she forced onto him.

“As in whatever you wish.” She replied simply through the open bathroom door as she filled a bath for herself. Watching the tub overflow with a ridiculous amount of bubbles.

Amelia was a smart worker. In all aspects of her life. She wasn’t going to do anything that made her life difficult like prodding Ronan to tell her what was bugging him.

He said he didn’t want to talk about it. Then that was that. It wasn’t like she didn’t care. She did but she understood he had . . . Issues and few good fucks wasn’t going to make them disappear.

Of course she wanted to dive into Ronan but he wouldn’t let her in and she felt he was too sensitive to do so as she decented into the boiling bubbles. The heat of the water warming her constantly clammy skin as she thought about how much she did want to know all of Ronan Lynch’s secrets, just for herself.

There was a low snarl from the other room, Ronan clearly not liking that cryptic answer as he got up and left for a run for a few hours. The man had left scorch marks on abandoned buildings until one of Amelia's colleagues found him, knocking on the door before Alexander walked in tugging Ronan by the ear.

"Forgive me, dear but I think I found your dog." He said dully, unlike how he was with Alyssa before, there were two sides to Alexander, he without Donder's knowing was an incredibly deceitful sort. "He burned down the old mill factory on Wooster. Not that anyone would miss it, the eyesore it was." Dusting himself off as if he had touched a dirty thing after tugging Ronan in. The force making him fall to the ground, the thug grunting at the impact as he turned to swing at the tall, shrewdly dressed man.

Catching Ronan's fist easily he twisted his arm so there was a loud pop, Ronan silent but his face in much pain until Alexander reset his shoulder in an opposite motion. "Again, Amelia I don't mean to break your play things but could you at least teach this one some manners?"

Amelia was strapping on a ridiculously expensive watch to her wrist, fully dressed in a pale pink business suit. Looking at the scene before in mild amusement.

“He’s got some anger issues. Clearly we didn’t work out as much rage as I thought we had earlier.” She eyed Ronan’s crimbled form with the slightest of smirks before dismissing Ronan out of the room.

“He’s a good pet.” She assured Alexander gesturing for him to take a seat as she filled them two glasses of the finest Scottish Scotch. “Very loyal. But tell me darling, why have I earned the pleasure tonight? Unless you were feeling lonely.” She grinned over her glass.

The smirk made him go cold, and it was felt within the room making even the already icy Alexander shiver a bit as he eyed the newly made warlock. Slowly the young man slunk off to the room clutching his arm, the temperature only resetting itself once he left the area as Alexander sat down taking the glass. "...He's a Willbender...Pathos Magic...You know how dangerous that is Amelia...To use the elements based on emotions especially when it is not controlled is incredibly devastating on the user and those around them. I hope you're not planning to stick around with him before his magic destroys him."

Alexander took a sip from the glass cocking an auburn brow at his...Acquaintance for lack of a better word, "I suppose its not my problem anyway whether or not you keep him unchained and untrained...But it would be a pity if he accidentally killed you due to a temper tantrum..." Alexander let out a cold, sharp chuckle before leaning back and crossing his legs.

"I will admit I am quite bored, especially with this new fad where everyone and their grandmother seems to be interested in mates these days." He mused swirling the scotch and ice in his glass as he peered into it thoughtfully. "I met Donder's mate a few weeks ago...I feel that she might need to be trained on how to handle herself...Not for anyone else's safety but more for her own...Psychological needs. Though I have a feeling you could care less. But moreover...If she bares a vampiric child...Wouldn't that mean he or she would be part of your clan or did you do away with that law?"

Back
Top Bottom