Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Bound (ScarlettRose & Hatchet)

“I want you.” He said dully, perhaps the one time he gave her a straight answer to that question. “But I want to be safe.” He said frowning as he dropped her hand and placed his own in his pockets.

“If you need a new start here I can leave. I don’t have to plague this country if you want to live in peace. Frankly many people want my ass out of here dead or alive...preferably dead.”

He missed her, he still loved her but the problems they tried to work through just wouldn’t budge and he somehow made it worse, he took her new start to mean to be away from him and he didn’t blame her.

“Ronan if you want me and I’m right here . . . I don’t understand, what makes you think I want you to leave? If anything I want the opposite.” She took a step towards him in the cold night.

“We can start again here.” Amelia said. She felt hope after a long time. But there was the immediate fear he could extinguish it at any moment. “Can’t we try? I still love you.”

"I told you I also want to be safe. We tried several times. What would make this time any different?" He questioned as his brows furrowed to her. "You cheated on me, and before that you said there was nothing for me to worry about at least concerning Alexander. And I know you feel bad but...I told you I needed some time to put that behind us and you just bit my head off." He grumbled letting her hand go.

"...I love you too. But Amelia if we try again and it fails I...I don't know." He muttered looking away and to the ground, he had burned cities to the ground and toppled monuments from his fit of rage, he wasn't sure if he could take much more before he ultimately destroyed himself.

“I know.” Was all Amelia could say in a small voice. The once powerful Vampiress was slowly being destroyed by her own love and it was entirely her fault.

Fate was cruel. Sometimes it gave her in abundance and other times when she thought she was finally free of all her chains and true happiness was at her door, something tore it away and it tore away with it pieces of herself.

“But we won’t fail. How can we when . . . When there is so much love that sometimes I feel like it’s choking me because you’re not here anymore and I can’t show you. I just want you Ronan. Forget everything else. All the politics and business. I’ve given it all up because . . . I realised after you left that none of that actually ever mattered because the most precious thing in my life was gone.” She took his hand once more and held it to her chest in both of her hands. “I’ve waited for you for so long and when I finally found you . . . I didn’t know what to do with you. I should have been patient and understanding. Instead I was selfish and I can never take what I did back Ronan but I can make it better . . . If you let me sweetheart.”

Ronan's face was guarded, it was like the iron curtain as his eyes searched her face as she spoke, allowing her to take his hand and press it to her chest in hers. His hands still scarred, his knuckles more-so from when she had last seen him.

In an instant, her neck was constricted by his hand as he pulled her down but not quite on her knees. There was the tiger in his eyes once more, but it looked bored and serious at once as his grip grew stronger.

"This is our last chance Amelia. Remember when I said I'd kill you if you broke me?" He murmured, his free hand stroking her face lovingly, something in him most certainty did change, as if he was almost void of emotion now. "Normally...I would have kept that promise yet here you are. It won't be like that a second time." He slowly put her back on her feet and released his grip on her, stepping back as if he was trying to contain the beast within him as his icy eyes bore into her from the darkened night.

Amelia gasped at the sudden construction around her throat. His grip was like a Viper around her neck and she allowed him to lower her. He looked like a beautiful demon. She could never be afraid of him but he needed her submission. Hardly something a woman of her calibre was used to but for him . . . She give up this small piece.

Her pretty blonde almost white eye lashes fluttered as he stroked her cheek even as he held her in a deathly grip. If she could have moved her neck she would have leaned into his touch but the force of the grip did not allow it.

When Ronan finally manoeuvred her back onto her feet and let go, Amelia coughed as the cold air hit the back of her parched and aching throat. When her coughing had settled she stared at him in the dark for a long moment before finally speaking. “Now take me home.”

Ronan shouldered off his leather jacket and put it around her, putting the hood over her head before putting an arm around her shoulders and took her to his car a few blocks away.

Driving off into the night they came to an old manor, it wasn't exactly run down but it could have used a newer paint job and ivy had taken over a quarter of the exterior. "Not exactly my kind of place but it was uh...Free." He mumbled not telling her the full story on how he had killed a moderately powerful council member to invoke fear into the local supernatural community when he arrived. "But it's kept up pretty well on the inside."

For courtasy's sake as he helped her up to the floor with the bedrooms he stopped at the master suit and reminded her, "I sleep in here. If you don't want to deal with me there's rooms alll down this level." He didn't wait for her answer as his arm dropped from her and he opened the door to get ready for bed himself.

Shedding his jacket and then her own, Amelia followed Ronan into his room. The manor was not exactly where she'd imagined they'd been heading but Ronan was full of surprises and she wasn't quite sure she wanted to know how he had acquired it. However, it didn't take a genius to figure out it was not legitimately. Though she had an idea what free mean't coming from him.

Right now, however, she didn't give a damn. Amelia, closing the door came to stand behind Ronan in the bedroom, wrapping her arms around him. She sighed, it was almost like relief, pressing a kiss to the side of his neck. "I can deal with you." She said softly against his neck, hoping this wasn't some cruel dream. "You've been missed."

Ronan pulled off his shirt and paused glancing over his shoulder at her with a small smirk as she wrapped her arms around him and pressed herself against his cool and pitch inked back. Guarded, it was to be expected but he showed a bit more of a softness with her however the wild, untamed tiger still roamed deep within him, ready to pounce and lash out if necessary.

"I missed you too," he replied quietly walking to the bed with her, laying down though it felt a bit weird for him from it being so long from when he last laid with someone. He could never bring himself to at least find a cheap fuck or a one night stand after their rocky breakup, no one else's smell lingered on him, only the scent of the night air, pine, smoke, and a hint of liquor.

Slowly he shifted over wrapping his strong arms around her and pulled her to his chest, his arms were newly scarred, his right arm wrapped up as he held her tightly yet still comfortably to him.

Amelia wrapped herself up in him when he finally pulled her in. Just laying there in his arms, enjoying the feel of his skin. His arms were scared and destroyed but she’d make sure they healed in time.

One hand brushed his face and his scalp, gazing deep into his eyes. Nothing had felt so right in so long. Slowly, almost timidly, Amelia pressed her lips to his.

He was hers. He tasted like hers. Smelt like hers. “I love you Ronan Lynch.”

"I love you too, Amelia..." He mumbled, it had been quite some time since he had slept, and now with her in his arms he felt quite peaceful as he pulled her closer, his skin warming lightly.

His curly, dark hair fell into his eyes, a sign of him not doing well when his hair always grew back. He hated his hair, especially when they had grown apart remembering how she'd complain every now and then about his head being shaved. The man looked younger, a bit more innocent, a bit more tormented, and a bit more used.

He woke late in the morning as he slowly sat up, still feeling a warmth in his bed as if he had brought someone home but at the moment he thought it had been nothing but one of his terrible dreams.

Back
Top Bottom