Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood Bound (ScarlettRose & Hatchet)

Amelia gritted her teeth at Ronan response. She was trying. She really was but . . . She didn’t know how much she could take before she cracked.

“Okay fine.” She replied instead, biting back the sharp words on the edge of her tongue. “Well I’m tired so good night.”

With that she got and walked to guest room and the door slammed closed behind her. It was better she assumed than getting into an argument with him. Communication was clearly going to be harder than what she’d imagined.

Ronans eyes widened as he could hear the venom in her words as she stormed off, the slamming door ringing in his ear.

Seething, he got up and walked to her room kicking the door off the hinges as he advanced to her death in his eyes

“Really? I try to make an attempt to try and forgive what you fucking did to me and you storm off like a brat? What the fuck did you want me to say?” Ronan snapped before closing his eyes and stepped back.

“No. No I’m not doing this. We’re done.”

“Fine.” Amelia replied.

She has just stepped into the guest room and take her shirt off. Trying to cool down.

“But before you storm off like a child you should know that I’m trying too! I’m trying damn hard! And there’s no excuse for what I did Ronan and I hold my hands up to that but trust me this wasn’t my fault alone because it takes two people to make a relationship work and it also takes two people to destroy it. So don’t give me that shit.” Amelia roared most unlike herself.

Only Ronan Lynch could push her to the point of making a scene. He set all her passions alight. Good and bad.

Ronan shook his head. It was if every time he tried to play to her hand he’d fail as he walked out of the apartment and slammed the door behind him, however before he dropped the house key to the floor.

Driving off he didn’t care if she burned his stuff, he didn’t think he was going to last long now as he gripped the wheel his knuckles white, closing his eyes as he pondered what to do next.

“Guess she didn’t really care if I gave up on “us.”” He knew he had problems. He thought he was making changes by simply telling her he was still getting over it, the affair and stay with her however it was obvious that wasn’t it.

Last edited:
Less than a month later the fancy roof top apartment had sold and the new owners were already moving in. Amelia had no room for emotions. More than ever before she was now cold and business like all the time.

Anytime the thought of Ronan passed through her mind she forced her attention to other things that needed her focus. Her problem with Nile was still prevalent.

Having spent weeks in a robot like state, Amelia couldn’t hold back her emotions any longer and rather then sit and cry she went to see Alexander at his office.

Alexander was scribbling down prescriptions and such as his door opened, his eyes narrowing as he didn’t get a call for a visitor before slowly looking up.

His gaze was stern and unimpressed as he went back to his work.
“Our little flings are going to need to be put to an end Amelia. I’m loosing interest in such carnal pleasures that mean nothing.” He said dryly. “Either I can drug you to get you out of this...funk...or I could...reunite you two.” He purred trying to set her off knowing she didn’t want to hear a word about Ronan.

“It’s been what...almost a month? My sources tell me he’s tried to kill himself at least once or twice a week. At the same time the council is surely going to go after him. Yes...one of the most powerful and destructive warlocks and you created him...”

“Technically I didn’t create him.” Amelia replied as she moved to the window in his office looking out across the night. “And if I wanted to talk about Ronan Lynch, I wouldn’t come to you.”

She closed her heart to what she heard about Ronan. The truth was it hurt to much. It was easier to pretend like they had never met and he didn’t exist for her.

“Alexander.” Amelia said pulling herself out of her dreary thoughts. “I’m certain it was you that said you were sick of all these people getting into serious relationships.” She came to stand behind him and began to slowly undo his tie. “And trust me if you’re looking for sex with meaning then you’re going to be waiting a long time. By my estimate at least two decades.”

She recalled him telling her about the scent of that half breed. She knew what it meant clearly he didn’t. It hardly mattered for now. “So Just shut up and fuck me.” Amelia demanded hotly against his ear.

“It was you who made the choice my dear. To allow him the gift of immortality...and now he’s acting like you’re younger self...killing people to push his emotions down. Sound familiar?” He purred lightly and snarled as she dared to touch him.

Grabbing her wrist as he turned around in his chair, twisting her arm in warning.

“I said no. And the only reason I say that is because I’ve lost interest. You. No longer satisfy me. And I know I don’t satisfy you either. If you want that satisfaction I suggest you move oversees. He’s traveled quite a good bit of distance you know...I heard his devastation is now reaching Spain and Portugal. And I’ve alsp been told the European councils are less...merciful.”

Amelia pulled herself free of Alexander’s grasp. “I don’t care!” She hissed. She didn’t want to think or talk about Ronan and if Alexander insisted upon it.

“That’s perfectly fine.” Her voice was quickly that cold indifference tone. “It was hardly satisfaction I was looking for. One day Alexander you’re going to need my help and I will remember this slight darling.” She promised him as she righted her suit.

“See you around.” If he wasn’t willing to take her mind off things then there were other more . . . Deviant places she could go to forget about the world and all her problems. And with that she swept out of the doctors office.

Ronan torched about every small town and city he crossed, leaving out the larger populated areas knowing the council would outnumber him. The small factions that did chase after him however were burned right along with the rest. He was an unchecked power, his bloodlust fueling him as he grabbed another unfortunate councilman by the face, ice claws forming on his fingertips as they sliced right into the man's eye sockets before he threw him to the side.

He was now face to face with one of the moderate chairs, a vampire. Those to Ronan, he seemed to enjoy killing the most as a sickening grin appeared on his face before rushing to him, and through the dead of night was a sickening crunch of bone.

--

The council, out of fear granted Ronan access to a moderate seat in their parliament in return for his loyalty and protection. Given a manor and servants though he treated them more along as slaves, he was enjoying himself for the most part but nothing could fill the void he felt. Sitting not too elegantly in his old almost throne looking seat he stared up at the tall ceilings, a sneer on his lips as he was to be left alone to contemplate his bordem.

It had almost been a year since Ronan Lynch had departed from Amelia’s life. Leaving behind this feeling of innue that nothing could seem to help. After a long time of pondering, months in fact, Amelia, much to the shock of her people gave up her throne to speak.

However, she left the clan in the capable hands of Jessica. With that, set and her position on the council vacated Amelia did not look back as she went solid searching after centuries.

She found herself going back to where her life started. As the wife of a Duke as a human she had had three children and her lineage had continued. Her blood still lived and breathed and she even managed to buy back the stately home of her first husband back in England in the wilds of Northumberland.

Amelia stood starting at the portrait of herself and her husband. So power and regal. And then the ones of her children from young babes to grown adults and then their spouses and children. She had even passed by her great, great, great, great, great grandchildren in the country. She knew who they were but they were clueless as to who she was to them. Maybe this is where thyou answers laid. At the very beginning.

The supernatural's livelihoods were coming to an end, Ronan seemed to rule over his sector with an iron fist and persecuted anyone that wasn't a part of him or the council since they still had their reins tied on him.

However what kept the elder members of the council from offing him was not just his ability to pursue and immediately dispose of their enemies, but his own intellect as well despite his rashness.

He had gotten wind of a vampire purchasing an old estate and ordered for scouts to keep an eye in case mass feeding of human civilians occurred but other than that he played no part as he sat at his seat in the council, his feet on the table and not wearing the designated robes he was told so many times to.

"We've gotten word you've been after the Lockhardt pack that is still thriving in Germany..." An elder warlock said glancing over at the pup who yawned.

"I'd like to think one pack on two different continents is a bit of a stretch. If you have a problem with it I'd suggest voicing it now." Ronan threatened loosely as the mage snorted.

After his meetings he skulked around the city streets of England, his hands in his pockets and hood pulled up as he watched the sidewalk.

Amelia was enjoying being back in England. After all, home was where the heart was and she supposed her heart had always been in England, though her first and second husband were long dead, for her, it had all started here. This was were she had belonged. She had longed for more and sought it out. She had traipsed the world looking for something she believed was missing but after traversing the entire globe and after to hundred years Amelia had finally come to the realisation that, there was nothing missing. There was just something wrong with her. This void, she felt and tried to bury with everything and anything she could was still there. It was still here inside of her, empty and she had to accept it was not going to ever go away.

Sighing, she sat in a coffee shop in Kensington by the window, watching the rain pebble heavily against the glass pane. The beauty of England was that for nine months out of the year, the sky was always grey and if it wasn't raining, it was preparing to rain which meant a Vampire like her could go out in the day. Crossing one leg over the other, her attire completely different as she was adorned with a pair of trendy sneakers, some skinny jeans, a thin crop top and an oversized long woollen trench coat. Her blonde hair had grown rather long to and was loosely tied back in a pony tail.

She sat watching the world go by, wondering why all those years ago she had been bitten. How different her life would have been. She could have watched her children grow up, been there to see her grandchildren being born. Grown old with her husband and died . . . Most of all died. The blessing of death had been stolen from her. And that's what death was, an end to the strife that was life and she would not have that. Not for a long, long time, if ever.

Deciding to have her coffee put in a cup for take out, Amelia step out the coffee shop and into the rain, a figure barrelling into her and the hot coffee spilling all over her. She barely felt it. She barely felt anything these days. "I'm very sor-" She began whipping at her shirt before looking up and being left astonished. " . . . Ronan?"

Ronan grunted as coffee covered his jacket and shirt as he stepped back from the piping hot liquid. "Its f-....ine." He trailed off as he slowly looked up at her, his hair had grown back into a curly black mound as he stared at her with his guarded expression. He'd never think she'd leave America but perhaps for a vacation, though he had tried to forget everything about her this past year, except for that grieving promise he made her if she were to break him again.

A promise he never acted on, to kill her.

And yet there she was standing in front of him as he straightened from his normally hunched position before taking one more step back not knowing what to say, he never did. "Sorry." He said gruffly trying to put it off that he didn't know who she was as he moved to leave her there, his walk now a bit brisker.

Amelia reached out and grabbed his arm as Ronan began to walk away. “Hey! Don’t walk away.” She said. He might have wanted to act like she didn’t exist but she didn’t think twice before halting him.

Turning Ronan to face her. Amelia looked at him for a long moment. Taking in everything about him. Every change. “How are you? . . .” She asked politely. “You look well.”

He did look well and it made her feel somewhat better but she knew his scars ran far deeper than physicality. They had both changed and she’s let go of him and taken a step back to take him in.

“ . . . How are things with you Ronan?”

He made a low sound as he was pulled back and turned to face her though his body didn't seem to show much resistance, he usually let her push and pull him around and he never minded in the past.

"I'm fine. How long are you on vacation?" He asked dully, cocking a black brow at her. His stature was about the same, he seemed a bit more proud and less self loathing this time but that could have simply meant he had a good day.

It was a bit of a rude comment, he knew that and also didn't really care. He of coarse was still bitter even after a year but Ronan was never one to easily let go of things.

“I’m glad to see you doing so well.” Amelia commented and smiled slightly. She had always wanted to put what happened between them in the past. Maybe this was fates way of giving them both the closure they needed.

After all, of all the places in the world that two people could run into each other . . . What were the odds?

“Actually, I’ve moved back to England.” Amelia informed him. “ Looks like Europe is treating you well too.” She said wanting to keep it light. There was a slight awkward pause that she pushed through, knowing Ronan it was unlike he’d be forthcoming with conversation. “Actually I . . . Gave up the clan.” She informed him in a conversational manner as if it wasn’t a big deal at all. “You remember Jessica my assistant? I handed the ropes over to her. I’m sure she’ll do a far better job of it than me.” She shrugged and smiled slightly. “Anyway Ronan. It was . . . Good to see you and I’m so glad you’re doing okay.”

Things started to click for him, realizing she must have been the vampire he had sent a scout out to watch for a few weeks. However now, he needed to do a recall on that knowing she most likely wouldn't cause any problems for him.

"I see, retirement mh?" He mused raising a brow at her, his features slowly relaxing but his guard still was up and would strengthen the minute it needed to be. Surprised was an understatement, he never thought she'd leave her work and wondered what she was doing now however...He didn't want to get too deep in a conversation with an ex.

"...Yeah...You to." He mumbled and nodded to her as she helpfully seemed to end the conversation before stepping back to turn away.

Amelia sighed watching him walk away. There was a part of her angry that still as always he walked away from her and the other part that felt like it had regained something in that short conversation and finally she could move on with her life.

After all, maybe that was all their meeting had been. Just a short discord in her long life and yet they had shared something special. Something indescribable. And yet she had to let it go. There was life outside for them yet.

Amelie was spending the week in London. Her fancy hotel was just a few minutes away and she decided to do back and settle into a bath full of bubbles. It always took a real effort to clear her mind of Ronan Lynch. This time would be no different she thought as she feel asleep in the steaming hot water.

Ronan immediately felt worse as he slowly began to grit his teeth and furrow his brows as he walked away, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white as he made it back to the old manor the council had gifted to him.

Slamming his fist into a mirror as blood ran down his hand and arm to spotting on the floor, his servants and slaves flinched and hung their heads knowing several would die tonight. Whipping his head around he pointed to a vampire, those being his favorite to torture as the whites of his eyes turned red, the blood of the vampire's veins starting to clot and twist as he preformed another version of blood magic as the poor leech fell to his knees.

"Now I have to move again. And its all because she won't go away. I should have killed her when I had the chance." He growled lowly as if the vampire he was torturing plagued this sickness on him, the red in his eyes vanished as he levitated the pour withering soul before tossing him aside as if he was nothing and looked out the broken window gritting his fangs.

She was no longer associating with anyone from the supernatural community though she abused by the European councils rules.

Still now and then she’s run into one of her kind and hear about the plague of a warlock that had landed on these shores and was making life miserable for everybody.

Amelia knew instantly as she sat at a bar that was infested with supernaturals tonight. Sometimes it was nice to be in the company of her own. Tonight was one of those nights. She knew instantly they were speaking of Ronan but had promised herself some time ago now she would not meddle in his affairs.

They did not affect her and he had his own life now and she wasn’t going to trespass on it. Tonight she was sat drinking a glass of port being flirted with my a young vampire. He’d only been turned a few years and it was nice to feel wanted sometimes. Wanting Ronan to be our of her Monday at least for one night since he had Waltzed back into her thoughts since that one chance meeting.

The young blood smirked as he flirted right back buying her a couple of drinks as he paused, as the pair overheard talks about Ronan and his blood thirsty ways. "Oh please. That spell-slinger is nothing more than a Nile Kinsley wannabe. The only reason no one's killed him yet is because he's always walking around and the council is too afraid of him and rising up with his rag tag group of radicals."

Taking another drink he glanced over at Amelia cocking a brow, "There's nothing to worry about when it comes to that snake." Ronan was obviously not well liked by the general supernatural public though he had a good amount of followers whether it be from fear of death or a lust for power but the need to follow someone as reckless as he.

There was something in Amelia that suddenly snapped at what the young one said. Her gaze narrowed sharply on him as he continued the tirade about the man she loved.

Out of nowhere she had the young man’s throat in a viper tight grip. SLowly lifting him off the ground as she stood up herself. Everyone around them stopped and bore witness.

“Ronan Lynch is NOTHING like Nile fucking Kinsley!” She seethed venom. The vampire struggles and kicked as her hand only tightened. Her fingers breaking skin and muscle. His windpipe in her bloodied hand. “And don’t you EVER compare him to that animal EVER again!”

Amelia roared throwing the vampire through the air, his back hitting the far wall with a painful thud. Before downing her drink, glaring back at all the eyes that were on her and sweeping out of the bar into the cold, cold night.

"You've compared me to an animal a many of times." A low voice cut through the dark as he grabbed her wrist and spun her around, his hood down as he followed her out of the bar, being in the back listening to what they had to say about him without them knowing the lion was watching his prey.

"But I appreciate the gesture." Ronan purred lightly holding her bloodied hand letting her calm down as his icy eyes stared into what soul she had left as he slowly released her grip but had one finger ahold of one of hers, something he used to do when they'd walk together and he was too nervous to completely take her hand.

"You're not yourself. Even someone as dense as me can see that. What do you want, Amelia?"

Her heart was pounding and adrenaline was pumping and anger roared through her and when she was flipped around she was ready to take her attacker until she realised who it was.

Her breaths were laboured and hard and her eyes searched him face wondering what he was doing here and how she hadn’t sensed him. It had to be his power masking it.

“Yes but you were my animal.” She replied when she could finally speak.

Feeling his clasp on her wrist she did not finch or struggle. Her eyes on him feeling him loosen until one of his fingers gripped one of hers and then her fingers slowly slipped between his and she tightened her hold on him silently.

“A new start.” She replied simply to his question before throwing it back at him calmly. “What do you want Ronan? You’re not yourself either love.”

Back
Top Bottom