Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Share a fun fact!

Cats have five toes on their front paws and four on their back ones.

The immortal jellyfish goes back to its newborn stage and β€œgrows up again” if it feels threatened.

^ Lol
Cows don’t have upper front teeth. They do have molars in the top back of their mouths though. Where you’d expect upper incisors, cows, sheep, and goats have a thick layer of tissue called a β€œdental pad.” They use that with their bottom teeth to pull out grass.

^ Lol
Cows don’t have upper front teeth. They do have molars in the top back of their mouths though. Where you’d expect upper incisors, cows, sheep, and goats have a thick layer of tissue called a β€œdental pad.” They use that with their bottom teeth to pull out grass.
So cool!

The Operator (the creature in Marble Hornets) is actually a distinct entity from Slenderman-- the creators of the series said so in a Q&A a few years ago. The Slenderman Wiki also lists several differences between the Operator and Slenderman, including a lack of extra appendages and more unpredictable behavior.
And yes, this is a very pedantic distinction to point out.

Scottland's national animal is a Unicorn...

A unicorn also graces my family's crest, a wee fun fact I'd recently learned, not that it's relevant, I just thought it was neat and explained my weird obsession with unicorns...

Sharks don't have bones.
They are mostly cartilaginous tissues and the like, the clear gristly stuff that your ears and nose tip are made of.

The '"M's" in M&Ms stand for "Murrie." and "Mars"
(Mar's though bought out Murrie for only 1 million... And harassed him till he did so to boot, so really it should be just plain "M")

Fun Elephant facts: Babies eat their mother's feces to get the needed bacteria in their stomachs. Babies must also learn to use their trunks involving a lot of smashing their faces into things to try to eat and drink. Elephants, like human handedness, use a left or right tusk dominantly. Male elephants will travel numerous miles to reach a female in estrus. Intercourse lasts roughly 2 minutes and females will not go into estrus until 4 years later unless complications with the baby occur.

Three-dimensional variants of chess have existed since at least the late 19th century, one of the oldest being Raumschach (German for '"Space chess"'), invented in 1907 by Ferdinand Maack and considered the classic 3D game. Maack founded a Raumschach club in Hamburg in 1919, which remained active until World War II.

Avocados were named after reproductive organs. Indigenous people of Mexico and Central America used the Nahuatl word āhuacatl to mean both β€œtesticles” and β€œavocado.” The fruits were originally marketed as β€œalligator pears” in the United States until the current name stuck.

Greenland sharks can live up to 500 years, which is the longest known lifespan of any vertebrate.

I learnt this another day.

The first speeding ticket ever given was to a man who drove 4 times the legal limit.

The posted limit was 2 mph and he was going 8.

The civil rights act of 1964 was partially passed because Lyndon Johnson was in a hot tube with several segregationists. He was naked and his enormous dong made them so uncomfortable they agreed to pass the bill just to get away from him.

Back
Top Bottom