Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Share a fun fact!

In Switzerland it is illegal to own just one guinea pig. This is because guinea pigs are social animals, and they are considered victims of abuse if they are alone.

Tennis players are not allowed to swear when they are playing in Wimbledon. Because of this, line judges have to learn curse words in every language so they know when a player has violated the rules.

In Ancient Egypt, cinnamon was a highly prized ingredient that was at one point valued more than gold, much in the way saffron is today. It was used in an array of different processes, from food and drink to even an embalming agent.

Apparently did something 'impossible' in my video gaming. Ok.

Revnarh, guinea pigs law is also in Belgium iirc and may come here, to France.

Revnarh, guinea pigs law is also in Belgium iirc and may come here, to France.

Nice! They should do that with other herd pet animals that are otherwise too lonely like birds.

Before 2011, beer and any alcoholic beverage under 10% ABV was classified as a soft drink in Russia. It probably goes without saying that this couldn't go on forever and Russia introduced legislation to control and limit the sale of beer to combat the issues of underage drinking and health.

Bananas, cucumbers and kiwis are all classed as berries. Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are not.

Lobsters and oysters used to be working class food. Lobsters are quite literally sea insects that were a hard sale back in the day. They used to be chucked back in the sea or given to servants. There used to be a law on how much lobster you could serve a prisoner as too much was considered to be cruel.

Nice! They should do that with other herd pet animals that are otherwise too lonely like birds.

Before 2011, beer and any alcoholic beverage under 10% ABV was classified as a soft drink in Russia. It probably goes without saying that this couldn't go on forever and Russia introduced legislation to control and limit the sale of beer to combat the issues of underage drinking and health.

Bananas, cucumbers and kiwis are all classed as berries. Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries are not.

Lobsters and oysters used to be working class food. Lobsters are quite literally sea insects that were a hard sale back in the day. They used to be chucked back in the sea or given to servants. There used to be a law on how much lobster you could serve a prisoner as too much was considered to be cruel.
LOL France used to serve diluted wine at school lunch… I'm not that old. But I remember free milk given to children.

Wow berries? bananas?? Not in French. That law for prisoners!!

Your fingers have finger tips but your toes don’t have toe tips, yet you can tip toe but can’t tip finger.

Also, how weird are T-shirt’s? You go in one hole and come out of three holes.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

LOL France used to serve diluted wine at school lunch… I'm not that old. But I remember free milk given to children.

That's nice!

There is going to be a Banana Splits Movie coming out this year, as a R rated Horror movie! And I mean the old Hanna Barbera show from the 1970's!

View: https://youtu.be/0R1-ZZTcTBY

Is this what inspired Five Nights at Freddie's?

It is a common misconception that bears hibernate during the winter. While bears tend to slow down during the winter, they are not true hibernators. Black bears, Grizzly bears and Brown bears do go into a deep sleep during the winter months, known as torpor. Hibernation is when animals “sleep” through the winter.

Cosmic latte: The average colour of the Universe is beige. The Universe may appear like a vast expanse of darkness but the average colour is actually beige, according to scientists. They studied the colour of light emitted by 200,000 galaxies to see what the final mix would be if the entire sky was smeared out.

I’m back again, this time with some interesting BIOLOGY:

It’s physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

Like finger and toe prints, nobody’s tongue print is the same.

A sneeze can travel out of your mouth at over a hundred {100} miles per hour.

The mitochondria is NOT the powerhouse of the cell. Actually, it would be the mitochondrion, as mitochondria is a plural. Silly science teachers!

A typical ejaculation with an average volume of 3.4 ml contains less than 1 calorie, as well as about 3% of the recommended daily amount of Zinc and {approximately} 0.041666666666666664% of the protein of an egg white, meaning that if you were to blow off 48 average guys, you'd be getting two egg whites worth of protein.
You're.
Welcome.

Last edited:
Jackfruit is a type of tropical fruit that is fairly ordinary, to some extent, on its own. But when cooked, it somewhat resembles meat and is generally believed to taste like pork. It's a meat substitute held in high regard.

There are some astounding cases where people actually dreamt about things which happened to them later, in the exact same ways they dreamed about.​

You could say they got a glimpse of the future, or it might have just been coincidence. The fact remains that this is some seriously interesting and bizarre phenomena. Some of the most famous premonition dreams include:

Abraham Lincoln dreamt of His Assassination

Many of the victims of 9/11 had dreams warning them about the catastrophe

Mark Twain’s dream of his brother’s demise

19 verified precognitive dreams about the Titanic catastrophe

Even more fun fact (insert dripping sarcasm here): I have experienced this, a few times over. The death of my brother. My mom’s uterine cancer (cured with surgery). My dads heart attack (99% blockage in his heart, died twice on the way to the hospital but thankfully his doctor saved him).

There are some astounding cases where people actually dreamt about things which happened to them later, in the exact same ways they dreamed about.

You could say they got a glimpse of the future, or it might have just been coincidence. The fact remains that this is some seriously interesting and bizarre phenomena.

FUCKING THIS >.< I can’t believe I’ve experienced this more than 3 or 4 times ever in my like like its even weirder too cause I think if I remember the first time I’ve experienced like almost seeing it in the future and happening was when I was like seven and like it was like events and stuff like certain actions or events eventually happening at one point in my life.

Like I had a dream of like going to a cousins birthday or whatever and like the rough random idea of one of the actions I was gonna do at some point while I was at that party and like a second or two after I did that action I had like a “ wtf.....this is what I saw in one of my dreams when I was younger....fucking Deja vu...” like it shocked me like “ what do I do with this power....” kinda thing and like I said this has even happened more than 2 or 3 times >.<

There are some astounding cases where people actually dreamt about things which happened to them later, in the exact same ways they dreamed about.

You could say they got a glimpse of the future, or it might have just been coincidence. The fact remains that this is some seriously interesting and bizarre phenomena.

FUCKING THIS >.< I can’t believe I’ve experienced this more than 3 or 4 times ever in my like like its even weirder too cause I think if I remember the first time I’ve experienced like almost seeing it in the future and happening was when I was like seven and like it was like events and stuff like certain actions or events eventually happening at one point in my life.
Huh. I, too, have experienced this phenomenon in my lifetime. There've been over a dozen situations where I dreamt about them years before they happened. I even forgot about the dream until it happened.

One time, it was something my dad said, and I had a Deja Vu moment as well. I asked him, “Dad, have you ever said that to me before?” He replied, ”No, I don’t think I have.” Funny thing is, I didn’t even realize it ‘till now.

A dream has also lead me to write a Book. You guys be on the lookout for ‘The Dreamcatchers- The Realm of Dreams’ in the future; If you see it, it was written by me. Just thought that was an interesting fact. I’ll also be putting a free game on Itch.io... a Japanese Shooter made with Search Engine Icons, with Google Chrome as the hero/heroine. Bosses will include three Cookies, Puffin, and a blue version of the Chrome browser image that I call ‘Anti-Chrome’. I hope you guys’ll check it out! Release date is set for around December. I’ll keep you posted on my Profile Wall.

In 1971 a woman could not:

1. Get a Credit Card in her own name – it wasn’t until 1974 that a law forced credit card companies to issue cards to women without their husband’s signature.

2. Be guaranteed that they wouldn’t be unceremoniously fired for the offense of getting pregnant – that changed with the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978.

3. Serve on a jury - It varied by state (Utah deemed women fit for jury duty way back in 1879), but the main reason women were kept out of jury pools was that they were considered the center of the home, which was their primary responsibility as caregivers. They were also thought to be too fragile to hear the grisly details of crimes and too sympathetic by nature to be able to remain objective about those accused of offenses. In 1961, the Supreme Court unanimously upheld a Florida law that exempted women from serving on juries. It wasn't until 1973 that women could serve on juries in all 50 states.

4. Fight on the front lines – admitted into military academies in 1976 it wasn’t until 2013 that the military ban on women in combat was lifted. Prior to 1973 women were only allowed in the military as nurses or support staff.

5. Get an Ivy League education - Yale and Princeton didn't accept female students until 1969. Harvard didn't admit women until 1977 (when it merged with the all-female Radcliffe College). Brown (which merged with women's college Pembroke), Dartmouth and Columbia did not offer admission to women until 1971, 1972 and 1981, respectively. Other case-specific instances allowed some women to take certain classes at Ivy League institutions (such as Barnard women taking classes at Columbia), but by and large, women in the '60s who harbored Ivy League dreams had to put them on hold.

6. Take legal action against workplace sexual harassment. Indeed the first time a court recognized office sexual harassment as grounds for any legal action was in 1977.

7. Decide not to have sex if their husband wanted to – spousal rape wasn’t criminalized in all 50 states until 1993. Read that again...1993.

8. Obtain health insurance at the same monetary rate as a man. Sex discrimination wasn’t outlawed in health insurance until 2010 and today many, including sitting elected officials at the Federal level, feel women don’t mind paying a little more. Again, that date was 2010.

9. Also, take the birth control pill: Issues like reproductive freedom and a woman's right to decide when and whether to have children were only just beginning to be openly discussed in the 1960s. In 1957, the FDA approved of the birth control pill but only for "severe menstrual distress." In 1960, the pill was approved for use as a contraceptive. Even so, the pill was illegal in some states and could be prescribed only to married women for purposes of family planning, and not all pharmacies stocked it. Some of those opposed said oral contraceptives were immoral, promoted prostitution and were tantamount to abortion. It wasn't until several years later that birth control was approved for use by all women, regardless of marital status. In short, birth control meant a woman could complete her education, enter the work force and plan her own life.

Oh, and one more thing, prior to 1880, the age of consent for sex was set at 10 or 12 in more states, with the exception of our neighbor Delaware – where it was 7 YEARS OLD!

Back
Top Bottom