Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vigilance (with MysteriousD)

Sparx

Flame flashed him a brilliant smile when he accepted her little proposal. That made those eyes of hers sparkle mischievously. "All right, then I will." She touched his cheek briefly with her fingertips. "Don't let me get lost out there." She said with a little laugh before slipping off quietly. Her eyes tracked back to him before she went about the stone temple as she thought on just where to hide. The wonder remained in her as to whether or not he'd really be able to find her. Somehow, she thought that he would. She supposed that they'd both see.

She settled on a tree with some low-hanging thick branches a few paces into the surrounding woods. It was easy enough to pull herself up into the boughs as high as she could safely go and lean back against the trunk. From here, she could peer through the leaves and watch him curiously. Some might think that this was her testing him but in all honesty, it was simpler than that. Flame just wanted to see him have fun. So, she waited for him there.

Diego sat down and took a deep breath. He let his magic wash over the land and he could feel everything. The breeze in the trees... the scurrying of the animals, the swaying of the grass. He felt one with everything. He could feel the life force of everything. He then went into a position and retreated his magic so he can better focus on sensing things. Diego stood up and his eyes were glowing. He could sense the flow of energy within everything.

He then began focusing and he felt himself growing lighter and lighter.

Until he was on the ground.

"Easy does it, Diego," he said with a bit of excitement before he began levitating and heading over to where Flame was, seeing her from above.

"Found you!"

Sparx

Flame was watching him through the foliage curiously until he floated off the ground and the tree got in the way of her line of sight. Darn it! She looked about curiously to see where he'd gone off to. Was he even close? Of course, her heart was beating excitedly at the prospect of him flying. That seemed impossible but here she was seeing it with her own eyes. So, did that make it a miracle?

Then she heard him above her saying that he found her. A laugh left her as she looked up and waved. "Well, so you have. Well done. That is utterly amazing." Another laugh from her. "I mean you're flying. That's the stuff people dream about." A bright smile crossed her face as she watched him before moving to climb higher up into the branches, in order to be closer to him. "For your reward, my dear Diego, I will tell you a secret." She took a deep breath. "My real name isn't Flame. It's Sparx. Flame is just a handle for the bad guys to fear me." A little bit of a fond look passed over her features. "I didn't have a name when Gavin took me in. He said that he saw the sparks of wanting to survive in my eyes and that is truly what saved me. So, that's what he called me." She laughed. "Kinda silly now that I think about it."

Diego blushed at hearing the praise from Flame about his capability of flying. He then got an idea that he wanted to do, in order to try and promote the level of trust between them. However, before he could enact on it, he saw her beautiful smile as she confinded in him her secret. Her real name.

He was pretty flattered to say the least.

"Well, what would you want me to call you?" Diego asked her with a smile as he felt honored she confided in him. When she answered him, he then smiled. "I want to show you something too. Trust me," he told her before he went in to scoop her up his arms and he began flying a bit.

He was several feet off the ground, floating and moving slowly. He was showing her the experience of flying.

Sparx

Sparx watched him with a smile. "You call me whatever you like. I'll respond to both from you. Possibly hey you, wild woman, redhead, whatever suits your mood really." A soft chuckle left her as she watched him flying with a bit of wonder in her eyes. "Sparx just doesn't strike fear into the hearts of my foes."

What did he want to show her? She wondered before he drew closer and scooped her up into his arms. "Oh, Diego!" She wrapped her arms about his neck and ducked her head close to his closing her eyes. It was a little scary for her since being up in the air and not having a handle on what she was doing was a little disorientating. Her heart was beating hard and she took a deep breath. He'd find that her body was toned to the touch with soft skin. "Is... is it okay?" She asked and this was probably the only time that she sounded uncertain.

Last edited:
Diego chuckled at what Flame was saying in regards to what he could call her. “I’ll call you Flame when we’re jn public and Sparx when we’re alone together,” Diego told her with a smile before he began seeing her reaction to swooping her in his arms.

He didn’t know if she was rubbing off on him or if he did have an impish side that didn’t really come out because of his brother being the bigger mischief maker, but he was a bit amused to see her so surprised.

“I wanted to show you what it was like to fly. I won’t srop you. I won’t let you go, I promise,” Diego told her as they were flying slowly and he held onto her tightly. He couldn’t help but blush a bit at how she was holding onto him, plus feeling her toned body on his.

Sparx

It was a trust thing for Sparx. Slowly, her eyes opened at his words. "All right," she agreed feeling like she could place her faith in him not to drop her. Of course, the first thing that the woman saw was a close-up view of Diego's face. Oh, close! Why was she blushing like some young maiden? That wasn't like her and yet, she could feel the color creeping up her neck onto her face. Then the color on his face made her smirk. At least, she wasn't the only one. "Hmmm I don't think you will drop me. You like holding me," she guessed and leaned a little closer looking like she was going to mess with him. All she did was lightly brush her lips over his cheek. "Thank you," was the light whisper off her tongue. It was really sweet of him to share this with her.

It was harder than she thought it would be to turn look away from Diego not out of fear but because she was enjoying looking at him. When she did look out to see that they were indeed flying or floating (she wasn't sure which was a better description,) it was a rather freeing feeling. A laugh left her. "Oh, this is fun." She looked back rather excitedly to him. "Is this hard to do?" Lightly, she touched the tip of her nose to his own thoughtfully. "You're right. I'm not scared since you got me."

Last edited:
Diego made sure he was holding onto Sparx tightly, not wanting for her to lose any trust in him. He began working a bit more to go a bit highr and so they could fly a bit faster. About as fast as a trained runner, though Diego could fly faster, but did not want to risk spooking her or anything. However, when he saw her open her eyes at him, Diego also blushed. She was so close to him and he couldn't help but privately admit to himself he liked feeling her muscular toned body in his arms. However, he did feel happy in her trusting him before feeling the bare ight touch of her lips against his cheek.

It was utterly magical to say the least.

"No, it's not hard though it depends on how strong you are as a magic. I guess it's easier for me because I have so much magic so I more have to focus on being slow," he said with a smile. "Would you want me to go faster?" he asked her cautiously.

Sparx

"You have to focus on being slow?" She asked with a laugh and there was a definite sparkle of amusement in the depths of her eyes. "Really?" Oh that was thoroughly amusing to consider as the wind lightly brushed her face tossing a few wayward strands of red across her face. Her gaze was fondly on him and she loosed one arm from about his neck to lightly touch his cheek as she trailed a fingertip up and down before asking him to look at her. She shifted in his arms to lean closer to him and brushed her lips against his unable to resist a taste of him. Just a light feeling really since this really wasn't her place but one kiss wasn't enough. When she'd leaned back to take a breath, she'd licked her lips lightly and her eyes met his. That was before a smirk worked over her features and it seemed that one just wasn't enough when she could just lean a little closer and have another little bit of him. So, she did and this kiss was sweet and yet, it was a bit of fire just like her name. She turned her head just a bit to kiss him deeper trying to share her passion. Why? She liked him. Timing? May not have been wise since she was distracting him from flying. After a long moment, she leaned back but not before lightly sucking on his bottom lip. Her eyes met his with a bright smile as she challenged him. "Show me how fast that you can go, Diego."

Diego blushed when he felt Sparx move herself in his arms to trace his cheek before she asked him to look at her. He gazed into her eyes as he did what she asked him to do. He was rewarded by feeling her lips brush against his once more, causing him to bright red and his emotions to flare up once more in joy and bliss. The fact that this amazing powerful woman in his arms was interested in him mroe than platonically was fascinating and a little intoxicating.

When she asked him how fast he could go, he took a deep breath and the air shimmered. He seem to stop as he was easing up on the magic. Levitation was usually done with a broom or something similar like a board and what not, and it was usually so the magic users could better focus on control. However, Diego had yet to find something that could probaby handle it, hence why when he flies, he tends to go fast and then stopped, tending to zig zag and such.

It was like the speed of a majestic bird of pray, going through the air. He held onto Sparx tight, letting her feel as they went through the air.

Sparx

It was because Diego was sweet to her. That's what caught Sparx's interest more than anything. She wasn't used to being treated like anything other than what her skills could do. It was funny but she kinda felt like a girl around him and that was a new feeling. Not that she really thought this would pan out to anything more than just enjoying each other's company. She was the help, after all. Maybe, she could help him be ready for when he did find a wife. He'd know his way around a woman. She still couldn't believe that she was his first kiss. Honestly, that'd been so sweet that she rather wished that he'd been her first too. Ah well, nothing to be done for it. Of course, he was bright red over her kissing his cheek and that made her smile.

Of course, she'd challenged him when he offered to go faster. Sure, show her. She could've sworn that he looked enthused with the idea and to tell the truth, she was frankly excited by the prospect after she'd gotten over her initial surprise of getting picked up like... well, like she was some princess or something. That just wasn't something that she was used to. Then they were moving probably faster than she'd ever been on horseback. Her short hair fluttered back from her face and brushed his cheek in the process. She looked about happily at the world zipping by. A giddy feeling rushed up on her and she crowed aloud. "Now this is fun!" She flashed him a smile before laughing once more.

Last edited:
Diego felt a rush. He rarely utilized his magic in such a way. It made sense though. Losing oneself in the art is a risky thing. Even the druids, who practiced the ways of the wild magic, understood the necessity of caution and would train their acolytes on how to manage themselves even when cutting loose. However, Diego was still maintaining control of his magic as they were soaring through the air like birds of pray.

He then began focusing on going faster, faster than any horse or bird. Diego paused to change direction, zig-zagging through the air. All while he was holding onto Sparx tightly in order to make sure nothing bad happens to her. He was then slowing down some so they could land. They had more to see after all, and flying was something he was still not that good at it, at least when it came to longer periods of time.

That and heights made him uneasy.

"Did you like that?" Diego asked her with a smile when they landed back on the spot where they took off.

Sparx

Sparx was laughing the whole time feeling the wind in her hair and being close to Diego. No one had held her like this since she was very small. No one had dared. So that feeling was novel to her and the prince felt a little like a teddy bear to her. Like the one that she had when she was but a child and the one that she'd made out of rags in the pits for some comfort to cuddle with. That was until one of her opponents had torn it to pieces in a fit after she'd beaten him. That had ended up in a fist fight with him knocked out cold and a black eye for her.

Yet, nothing that is good can last forever and she couldn't fault that. They landed and she giggled once more. "Yes, very much I liked it. Thank you for sharing it with me." Thinking for a moment, she searched his face. "You've shown me two wonderful things now. Perhaps, I should show you what I can do." She considered a moment before taking a knife from her belt. Cleverly, she spun it about her fingers before grabbing it and tossing it at a nearby tree, where it hit a knot in the tree dead center. "Not quite as fun but still a talent nonetheless."

Diego smiled when he saw the utterly wonderful smile on Sparx's face. It was absolutely wonderful to see her so happy and he wanted to do everything he could in his power to keep that smile on her face and maintain that happiness. He did everything he could to reisst the urge to kiss her. He was just happy being there with her. Once he set her down, he saw her giggle before showing him something.

He saw her throw a knife after twirling it.

"That... was... awesome!!" Diego said with a smile as he went over to embrace Sparx. "That's really cool. Maybe I could try and enchant a few of your knives too," Diego offered to her with a smile on his face as he was happy to be here with her,

Sparx

Sparx was good with her hands. That much was apparent by how well that she could handle tools like weaponry. It was fun too to have something that she could work on her skill level with. Of course, showing off a little to Diego made her blush like some young girl, which Sparx wasn't some wide-eyed girl full of innocence sadly. Life had been hard and taken that from her.

Of course, when he gave her a celebratory hug over nailing that knot in the tree, well, she felt like that young girl for a moment. "Oh Diego," she breathed his name softly and held him a moment. She could feel it. He was the type of man that was easy to like and for her, easy to feel affection budding for. She smiled and chuckled softly in amusement. "What would you enchant my knives to do? Could they return to their scabbard after they've hit their mark? That way I don't have to go hunt them down." That was an amusing thought to her.

Her eyes were thoughtful watching his face a moment as she lightly touched his cheek. "I really enjoy being with you." That smile of hers turned a bit wry. "I don't understand why I was your first kiss. If I were a princess, I feel like I'd have to beat back a gaggle of other ladies just to be at your side." A laugh left her. "Lucky for me, that's my job. No gaggle grappling required."

"Yeah, that could be something that could be done. I could put a sigil on the knvies so that they could return to you after a bit of time. Either to their scabbards or your hands," Diego suggested to her in a smile. "Though alchemists could make things like flaming swords, burning blades or swords that was like they were mde of solid heat, and that's just a few examples with the heat," he added as he knows of what alchemy could do. He wanted to help her and do stuff with her.

He blushed and he looked at her affectionately when he felt her caress his cheek. "I really like being with you," he added with a smile. "There's not many kingdoms near us, especially those that appreciate alot of magic. They have alchemsits and such, but we stand out," Diego explains. "Besides... I'm not good-looking or a chiseled knight like some of the other princes are," he added. "I'm not the type of guy princesses or even most girls think of the ones rescuing them or sweeping them off your feet," he noted.

Sparx

Not having to fetch her knives sounded brilliant to her. Of course, that took the glory out of yanking it out of a bad guy's chest and watching the light fade from his eyes. Of course, there weren't that many people out there that she'd call inherently evil. Just some that were on the wrong side of the law by their circumstance or a difference of opinion. It was why most of the time, Sparx didn't kill unless she had to. Disable, sure but not kill unless the situation merited it or she had no other choice. It rather made her job harder because it meant that she had to be careful of her actions.

Of course, Diego had a few brilliant ideas of his own. "Flaming swords?" That made her laugh aloud as she took a deep breath puffing up her chest some like she was showing off. "Can you imagine?" She got into a stance ready for some sword-play and slowly drew her sword holding it out in front of her. More like she brandished it. "Oh look at my fire! Fear it!" She stood up with a laugh leaning the blade in the dirt and resting her weight on it. "Can you imagine winning a fight just by scaring your opponent? That'd be fun but might take the skill needed out of the equation." She chuckled at the thought. "Although, Flame the warrior with fiery weapons does have a nice ring to it. Fitting, don't you think?" She tossed him a coy look with a sweet sparkle in her eyes.

She tilted her head to the side as that little braid of hers brushed her shoulder. She took a deep breath and let it out slow. "You know, I've been around a bit and this..," she waved a hand over her face and flicked some of her hair out to the side playfully. "While pretty to look at, it all fades with time or worse can be a mask to conceal who someone truly is." Her hand trailed down to lightly touch his chest. "Now this is what's important that most folks fail to see. Why do you do what you do?" She asked thoughtfully before a little wry smile traced her mouth. "Besides if I remember right, you just did sweep me off my feet and I think you're cute too." She shrugged lightly as if it were no big thing. "Lucky me." A little chuckle left her but yeah, she did feel like the lucky one.

Diego saw Sparx's reaction over the idea of flaming swords and so on. "Well, it definitely works against some armored enemies. Especially if the fire is hot enough to be blue," Diego explained to her with a smile. "Well, some enemies or monsters are invulnerable to conventional weaponry. That's why alchemists are pretty treasured by alot of people in general," Diego told her. "Yes, yes it does," he said in response to picturing Sparx/Flame with fiery weapons befitting her moniker.

He saw her play with her braid and that she came closer to her. He listened to what she said about appearances and so much more. He blushed and smiled when he felt her hand on his chest. He smiled softly at her kind words. "Well, I'm the lucky one, having someone powerful yet kind and noble like you at my side," Diego said as he embraced her. He enjoyed being with her alot.

"What would you like to do now?" he asked as he looked to see the time. "Would you like me to work on your knives?"

Sparx

Well, Hell, here he was hugging her again and damn if she didn't know what to think or do. Her face sure felt warm with a blush and after a soft sigh, she wrapped her arms about him. This touchy-feely stuff was something that she was going to have work on growing accustomed to. Yet, the redhead enjoyed being with him. Well, that'd make her job easier and enjoyable. Wait, her heart was beating a bit faster. That was suspicious. Why would it do that? Was it what Diego had said? That he was lucky to have her. Well, gosh darn it, that was rather endearing to hear and Sparx wasn't immune. She was used to guys hitting on her but this seemed more earnest coming from him. Like he wasn't just trying to get into her pants, which she wouldn't mind the latter. It'd be fun but Diego felt like the sort of person that she was very easily becoming attached to. It was going to tear her up when she had to as she eventually believed would happen.

"What do I want to do? What do you usually do during the day or is this a get to know your winsome companion day?" She chuckled softly before blinking at his mention of her knives. "You really want to?" She hadn't quite tought that he'd made a serious offer but then pulled out the pair of matching knives and produced two smaller ones from who knows where on her body. "We could always look for a swimming hole for fun." She suggested with a lazy glance toward the sky.

"Well sure, we could try at a later point so I can get you the knives," Diego told her with a smile as he heard her chuckle. "Well, most of my time is in the library or checking things in town, but since I'm usually alone, that's part of the reason. Having you around inspires me to go and do some other fun activities," Diego explains to her before hearing her suggestion on finding a swimming hole. "Well, we do have something like that. Some of the druids don't like us swimming in their lakes without their permissions, so we made our own pools and they're kept clean and free of pests thanks to alchemic serums," Diego offers to her.

He grabs her hands and begins leading her out of the forests. "Which one would you prefer? There are natural swimming holes the druids are more than happy to let us swim in or would you wanna see one of the pools made?" he offered.

Sparx

A rather pleased smile crossed her face. "All work and no play isn't good for your health, my friend." She commented before the random idea to go swimming crossed her mind. Oh why not. It'd be fun and unlike most barbarians, she was actually a fan of being clean. Diego seemed pretty open to the idea and even made a few suggestions on just what was out there. "You made your own pools?" A laugh left her. "I can't even imagine."

She went with him happily feeling like his hands were warm in her own. "Which would I prefer?" A soft laugh left her. "I honestly have no idea and have no basis to go off of, Diego. Does the water feel different? Are there some that are more quiet than others? I already got some rather strange looks from my appearance. I doubt that I'd want more from being stripped down to swim."

Diego was thinking of where they could go. However, he was wondering what she meant by stripping down and such. He was thinking...

"Well, it would probably be better heading to one of the nastural swimming hole. It know there is one actually pretty close by," Diego explained to her with a smile while they took a turn deeper into the forests. They were going down another path, this time with some crystals appearing on the path. It was abit longer and he went down a path and it revealed to be a cave of some sort, that looked like a hill.

He led her in and there was a rather large pool there, connected by some sort of internal stream with some of the water heading to the outside, explaining the large plants and puddles nearish by.

"This is one of them. Druids prefer the open spaces so here like this works food as a swimming hole," Diego tells Sparx.

It actually felt pretty nice to be able to get Diego out to do something fun. It didn't seem like he had the chance to do that often. So, she felt like she was doing a good deed. His reactions were fascinating to her but she tried not to make that too obvious. The crystals were beautiful and she'd stooped to touch one along the way since it was just that vibrant and different from what she was used to. Of course, it wasn't long until they'd entered the cave and it'd opened up to the underground pool.

Those green eyes of hers were overly bright as she looked over the water. "Well, this looks quiet and relaxing," she commented as she drew closer and stooped down to touch her fingertips to the surface of the water. It was surprisingly a bit warm to the touch. "It's like bath water." A soft smile touched upon her lips at the notion before she looked toward him. "You going to come in then?"

Her hands were busy in slipping off her weapons: sword, knives and axe. She set them aside patiently. "Swimming while I'm working. This is a novelty." A light laugh left her at the notion as she unstrapped her armor and laid that aside. "Rather refreshing from all the usual fighting that I get caught up in." But wait, after her armor, oh no, she'd shimmied off her shirt, boots and leggings too leaving her in pretty much her underwear, which was a pale white in color. Of course, she didn't seem bothered in the least to be in her skivvies but it was a lot of skin to show. Hers was definitely sun-kissed over well-earned muscles but there was the occasional white scar here and there from various fights. The most noticeable was one that stretched from her right shoulder across her back down to her left hip. It was about the width of two fingers pressed together. Of course, she didn't give him long to look as she tossed him a coy glance. "Last one in is a rotten egg." She said with a cheeky grin before running into the water sending up splashes of water as she did and making her breasts bounce pressing against the thin fabric holding them back since there was less support. As soon as she was far enough in, she dove forward under the water and swam forward a few feet before resurfacing with a laugh.

Diego nodded and let Sparx take in the sight of the wonderful pool and such. However, he was not prepared for what was coming. He expected for her to remove her weapons and her armor (he was surprised by how much she carried), but then he was shocked upon seeing her remove everything but her underwear, allowing him a nice clue on her general figure. She had curves in all the right places, sun-kissed skin along with a well-built physique and even some scars.

However, his time in being able to ogle Sparx's physique was short-lived as whe wen into the water. Her underwear became soaked and could see more of her figure.

He snapped out of it and began stripping until he was in his trousers and went in the water with her. He was blushing at being so close to her while seeing her figure.

“You’re beautiful,” he said breathlessly.

Sparx

The thing about white cloth, especially thin cloth, is that it likes to turn sheer when introduced to water and well, that wasn't something that Sparx was even considering. No, she was more caught up in being in the water and enjoying her time with Diego. So that fabric was now clinging to her breasts and making it a little obvious where her nipples were. There was even a hint of dark pink betraying some of their color. Yep, not a thought of it crossed her mind as she offered him a rather sweet smile at seeing him join her. It made her happy to say the least and she didn't even bring up the fact that well, this probably made him the rotten egg of her earlier tease. Nah, it wasn't the time nor place.

Taking a deep breath to let herself relax just moved her chest enticingly. With a happy sigh, she floated on her back enjoying how weightless that she felt being held up by the water. Of course, that just made her face, chest, hips and upper thighs peek over the surface of the water. Her thoughts were lazy as she thought about how she'd been a little hesitant to take this job. She'd never been in charge of the safety of one person especially someone like Diego. He was a prince after all. It kept slipping her mind that he was since he was so easy to be around. She'd best keep that in mind and remember that she was the help. Yet, it was hard to keep that in mind when he spoke next.

Beautiful? Long lashes blinked languidly over jade eyes as she sat up some in the water to look toward him. "Me?" She asked sounding as incredulous as her expression gave away. No one had called her that save for drunkards, who were cruising for their teeth to be knocked in, which she was happy to oblige should they piss her off enough. Still, she tilted her head to the side studying his expression before shrugging with a laugh. "I guess but I've seen far prettier people as I'm sure you have." Another shrug of her shoulders as she closed her eyes to lean back once more in the water. "At least, I'm easy on the eyes."

Back
Top Bottom