Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vigilance (with MysteriousD)

"And I never thought I would meet someone like you," Diego responded to her with a smile on his face. He felt her rub her cheek on his and he savored her soft kiss onto him. His face became as red as her face as she kept saying such sweet words and compliments. As the prince, he knew he needed to try and set an example to people, but to have it happen and by a beautiful woman he loved and loved him ack was itterly incredible. He did chuckle a bit at her follow-up calling him cute.

"Your strength is your heart too. You have seen things I haven't and possess an inner strength that matches or even exceeds the outer strength you have," Diego told her with a smile on his face. "I love being sappy," he said when she asked if she was being sappy. He leaned in to kiss her. "We should probably head-back. We can find more things to do to spend time together," he said to her.

Sparx

Sparx rested a hand on her cheek. The skin of which was burning under her touch. How... how was she supposed to deal with that much sweetness? A soft sigh left her right before he'd caught her up in a kiss. A soft sigh left her when he'd leaned back saying that they should head back and find even more ways to be together. "We should get back, yes." She agreed with a little sigh. "I don't really want to be parted though."

Guess it had to happen though. Pressing her lips to his, she kissed him sweetly and as she did so, her hips shifted to draw away from his. A soft moan left her at getting separated from him and got caught up in his mouth as they kissed. Her eyes closed feeling like she was incomplete without him. Leaning back from him, she met his eyes with hers as breathing deeply. "Mmmmm let's go then, lover." She slowly got to her feet and held her hand out to help him up. "I think we left our clothes somewhere around here."

Diego just smiled with her, savoring the kiss before they began getting up. He helped her get up before giving her an embrace, feeling her strong and muscular body in his arms. He nuzzled her nose. She was unbelivable. Utterly incredible. She is someone that he wishes to spend all of his time with.

"I found them," Diego said to her with a smile as he found their clothes. He knew they would need to go back to their normal routine per say, but he knew it would not be long before she would be in his arms once more. As Diego was dressing up, he would keep staring at Sparx and how she was getting dressed.

"Can we walk back holding hands?" he asked her with a shy smile.

Sparx

The redhead blushed at his hug and blushed even harder when he rubbed his nose to hers. She'd never had anyone do anything like that and the cuteness wasn't lost on her. How was she supposed to react after this? What wouldn't be awkward? She had no idea. Thankfully, she leaned her head down to rest on his shoulder simply enjoying holding him and that hid her rather red face at the moment.

She brightened up when he said that he'd found their clothes and came over to retrieve them dressing once more in a lazy fashion. She was in no hurry since it meant lingering in his presence. Then she caught him getting a few peeks in at her and it made her blush some but she lifted her head offering him a little smirk. Did he like what he saw? Apparently but she didn't call him out on it. She was just doing her belt back up when he'd asked about holding her hand. She'd blinked a few times. Was there a significance to holding hands? "Sure, we can if you like." She said with a nod and offered her hand to him as her eyes met his with a soft smile.

Diego smiled on her before he began leading her back. It was a relaxing sort of pace, he wanted to take his time. "One of the signs of a couple is when they hold hands," Diego explained to Sparx with a smile on his face as he squeezed her hand. The forest was still as beautiful as ever and they did not spend that much time outside, but it did seem to be a wonderful eternity, all things considered.

"What would you want to know more about me, Sparx?" Diego asked her with a smile as he then went to give her an affectionate kiss on the cheek.

Sparx

Sparx was very aware of his hand in her own. It was a strange feeling that frankly, she wasn't used to. It's not like it was anything special. It was just a touch. Why did it make her feel like there were butterflies in her stomach like some little girl? Was she going soft or something? She glanced toward Diego at his mention that holding hands was a sign of being a couple. Was it? What did it mean though? Although, the feeling was one that once she relaxed a bit, she was growing to enjoy.

His question made her think a bit as his kiss surprised her. "What would I want to know? I figured that I'd just figure you out along the way." She tilted her head to the side. "What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?" She asked curiously before glancing toward their joined hands once more. "You know, I think I figured out why holding hands is a sign of a couple. It feels like we're going somewhere together."

Diego accepted her answer, but he did still leave the opportunity open in the event she wanted to know. However, he was then caught off-guard by her question. About what he considered was his greatest accomplishment. It was something he did not think about much. "I don't know. I never thought about it, regarding accomplishments. I've done a fair bit of things in my life, but I never really thought on achieving greatness. I just want to help as many people as I can while making my own happiness with the people I care about," Diego says before he squeezes Sparx's hand lightly.

He blushed and smiled at her comment with holding hands. "No matter where I go, if it's with you, then I know it will be all right," he couldn't help but add while looking at her lovingly

Sparx

The redhead giggled. "That sounds just like you." She said with a laugh as she nodded lightly. Her short hair brushed her cheek with the motion. She blushed feeling that little squeeze to her hand and she glanced down to their joined hands. It was such a simple act and even she felt her heart flutter from the feeling. Of course, he went on about feeling all right with him. Reaching up, she rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. "You really mean that, huh?" She said. "No pressure, right?" A little laugh left her before she cheekily winked at him. "We got this." She said with a nod.

It was a relatively quiet walk through the woods with him. She listened to the birds and animals shifting about, which was a good tell-tale sign that they were safe. When the came to the village, folks started staring and Sparx frankly wasn't sure what to do. There were whispers about them and normally, she'd not care but she was worried about Diego. She wouldn't want to drag him down just by being with him. "I think we've surprised the villagers," she commented softly.

"Of course I meant it," Diego told her with a big smile as he leaned to kiss her with a smile. He loved feeling her hand in his and just her presence was a wonderful sensation for him. It was a pretty quiet walk into the villag and Diego knowing some of the whispers were walking. However, he was not bothered at all. Especially since they were not saying anything wrong bad or anything.

"Congrats, Prince!" a voice said as a child waved at the happy couple and the villagers said similar congrats while others went by into their normal lives. They knew that their Prince had a good sense of judgment and trusted him and would thust trust her.

Sparx

The warrior woman was frankly startled at the congratulations that she heard and she wasn't able to school her features into a semblance of calm. That surprise showed plain as day on her face. She didn't know what to think. "They're happy? Are we really that easy to accept? Diego, I'm not royalty or anything." She'd been so worried that this was a bad idea. That this would cast him in a bad light. Moving on was always an option for her. Not so much for him but could she really do that? Jade eyes flicked to his face curiously before smiling a bit and lifting her chin feeling proud to be walking beside him. She looked toward him once more. "I love you and I think I have since I first met you."

"Like I mentioned before, we're not traditional royalty. The kingdom was founded by craft guilds, nomads and magician orders. We're pretty different," Diego reminded Sparx with a smile while they were walking toward the area. However, he saw that she smiled and her demeanor became more positive, which made him feel relieved.

He blushed at her loving words and he felt he needed to respond in turn.

"Likewise, Sparx," Diego said before he pulled her into a soft kiss, savoring being with someone incredible and amazing like her.

Sparx

They were different around here, weren't they? Sparx couldn't quite wrap her head around it but took it at face value for now as she kept an eye on what was going on. Of course, her main focus was him since well, he was rather distracting and cute. A smile curved her lips just before he'd gotten a kiss off her, which made her blush and some of the villagers whooped and hollered cheering. That just made her blush harder. "Oh geez." She glanced about then focused on looking into his eyes instead. "How long do you think they'll keep that up?" She asked with a little laugh. "I mean, I used to get cheered for when I won in the fighting pits but this for a kiss, well, that's new." A soft laugh left her before she took a deep a breath. "Oh, that reminds me, do I get to sleep with you tonight or am I going to need to sneak into your room like I did last night?"

"Probably for a little bit more," Diego responded about the village celeberating them. He chuckled with her as they were walking through town and beginning to head back to the palace grounds. "Well, you'll be sleeping with me now obviously," Diego said to her with a sweet smile as he squeezed her hand.

He then heard a sound and turned. They were near the blacksmith.

"There's the blacksmith, would you take a visit?" Diego asked her, knowing about him needing to get her some better weapons and gear.

Sparx

"Oh free-choice of your bedroom?" She laughed softly. "I rather enjoyed sneaking in." Was her comment before she heard the familiar sound of a hammer hitting an anvil. "Sure, we can go over to visit." Nodding, she walked with him over toward the smithy looking up at the wares hanging up on the walls. The weapons were similar to what she was used to seeing but quite a bit different as well.

"Good day," she greeted the smithy, who looked at the two of them and cracked a grin nodding his greeting. "What did you want over here, Diego?" She asked curiously as she reached to touch some chainmail that was hanging up. The mail was very light to the touch, which was surprising.

"I wanted to come and some of the wars here while also getting you a gift. What is your weapon a choice? Blades, axes, maces? I was to get a special weapon crafted just for you," Diego told her with a smile. Magical weapons were a miracle across the land and while some weapons would become magical through the strength, will and legend of their owners, others were forged through powerful rights, imbued with the power of its maker and wielder in its ceremony rather than over time, making it an even greater connection.

"Though not just a weapon, but also armor and what not," he told her with a smile. Some girls liked necklaces, but he figured she would prefer weapons and armors.

Sparx

Sparx always was fascinated by good weaponry. It showed in the glint in those green eyes of hers as she studied the wares that were hung to see. Finding a smithy that was good at his trade was hard to find. This particular one seemed gifted in his trade. "These are very good. I don't think that I've seen much of their equal out there." Her fingers had just fiddled with the finely woven bits of metal of the mail before she heard Diego's answer. "A gift?" She tilted her head some. It flustered her to think of that. "I've... I've never had that before. Everything I have, I earned." She shook her head lightly as crimson tresses brushed her cheeks with her effort. "I don't know if I could accept a gift, Diego."

Diego squeezed Sparx's hands as he heard her explain her hesitance in accepting the gift. "Consider part of your uniform if you have trouble, but i give this to you to show you how much you mean to me and I want to give you something that also fits you perfect. A master weapon for a master warrior and woman," Diego complimented her with a smile before he went to kiss her cheek, causing the blacksmith to chuckle at the affection the two were showing.

Sparx

And Sparx's cheeks were as red as her hair since he'd kissed her in public again. Oh, she had a lot to get used to with this. "You are a smooth one. I'll give you that." She looked about at the armor that was hanging and the few weapons. "Well, my favorite's always been my axe. I'd say that I'm the best with it since I favor it." She pulled the weapon off her back and lightly feathered her thumb over the blade for its sharpness. "I won this off a bloke in the pits when I was thirteen. He was taller, bigger and stronger than me and I knocked him on his butt since I was faster." She laughed fondly at the memory. "Do what you like, Diego. If it's better quality weaponry, I'm all for it."

"Well, if that axe means a lot to you, maybe we can just have it be augmented and improved upon," Diego suggested to her as he was examining the axe with great care, knowing how much it means a lot to her. He also smiled as he saw her turn red once more, making him smile.

"The Prince has a point, miss. If you and the axe already have a bond, I can improve its power by forging it with exotic metals and rituals that will grant it further capabilities and powers," the blacksmith suggested to her.

Sparx

Sparx didn't know what to say. He'd recognized the importance that she'd placed in the axe. She hadn't even mentioned that much about it. She glanced down a little shyly still holding the axe for him to see. Yeah, her face was definitely red noticing his interest and care that he took with it as well as if it weren't a weapon that could bring an enemy to his knees. "Really?" She asked softly unsure how that would work. Augmented?

She glanced at the blacksmith and back to the axe curiously. It could be improved upon? She wondered softly over the possibility before nodding her head. "I'd like that," she said and offered the weapon to him without too much fuss. Although, she did stare at the thing a little longer than was probably necessary. "You know how it is with a good tool. When you've worked together for so long, you get a feel for each other and there's memories tied up in that relationship."

The blacksmith took the axe with great care and began looking over it. "Yeah, I know what you mean. It remind me of my first magic wand back when I was a child," Diego told her with a smile as he squeezed her hand. He was making sure that her axe would be well-taken care of.

"It will take about a day for the process to be completed so go about your business and come back tomorrow in the morning," the blacksmith said to them. "It'll be all right," Diego reassured Sparx.

Sparx

Sparx felt a little shiver go down her spine as she looked after the axe. It felt strange to her to be without it even for just a short time. "Huh, I never knew that it'd feel weird to be without that," she said with a raised brow. Her eyes followed the axe once more before nodding her head to the blacksmith as if agreeing that he could be keeper of her possession for this short time. She'd trust him because Diego trusted him.

She held her hand out to Diego and they left the shop a few moments later. As they walked down the street, she looked about a little warily before leaning toward him. "I feel naked with my axe. It's very strange to me." Although, her chin did lift stubbornly. "Although, I feel that we're more than capable of handling any trouble that comes our way." No need to make him worry.

Diego smiled at her as he was holding her hand. "Do not worry. He is the best in the land and we will not be doing much today. So we have little to concern," Diego tells Sparx with a smile on his face before he kissed her cheek to comfort her.

"What else would you like to do today? Anything you want to do?" he asked her.

Sparx

Sparx did feel quite a bit better about the idea of leaving her axe with the smithy after what Diego told her. Or perhaps, it was just the fact that he'd kissed her cheek and that was very distracting. Her? Distracted by a little kiss on the cheek? Oh, lord, but it was so sweet a gesture that even she couldn't be moved by it. "I'll be all right. If you trust him, I trust him." She said with a sage nod of her head.

She walked with him a bit before catching his question. What would she like to do? "Hadn't you wanted to tell your parents about this?" She asked lifting their joined hands a little bit. "As much as I dread the idea." There was still the very large worry in her mind about being rejected and found wanting. Yet, Diego said that they would respect his choice of her. She still wasn't sure at all. It was just how her life had been. What she'd come to expect.

Diego was happy to have his hand and hers and they were walking among the street. People just smiled at seeing the happy couple. Just seeing the prince look so happy was enough to brighten their day and many of them bowed respectably or in admiration at them, all while Diego was just content being with his beloved Sparx.

"My guess is that they already know about it and my dad has told me he is okay with whomever I choose because he trusts me," Diego tells her with a bit of a blush. "We can go and talk to them about if you want," he offered.

Back
Top Bottom