Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

"We'll put some meat on you, you're scrawny for a young man your age." He said before grabbing a gi and hakama and handing them to Ren, "Servant baths are outside all the way down the deck and to the left."

Ren took the clothes without a word, staring down at the floor and giving a small nod before turning and heading down the hall to where he was instructed the baths were.
That’s where he ran into his next issue however, staring at the men’s sign before looking to the woman’s sign. A soft scowl pulled at his features as he looked between the two; what if they baths were being used? He looked around before moving toward the woman’s bath, clutching his clothes tightly to his chest.

"What do you think you're doing?" It was a very new, very annoyed sounding voice, and upon his sharp turn he sae it was Ishida Mitsunari. He looked irate and almost offended. "Were you going in there to watch the women bathe?"

“I-I.. No..!” Ren stopped and quickly backed away from the woman’s bath. “I wasn’ doin’ nothin’!”

Ren felt his ears grow hot, looking down at the floor before quickly trying to escape into the men’s bath. “Gomenasai..”

Mitsunari grabbed his arm roughly and pulled him back before his hand moved over Ren's chest, patting it gently before scowling heavily.

Ren’s eyes went wide and he stared at Mitsunari in shock, the older man feeling two small mounts beneath the younger shirt; he was a she.

"Be silent." He ordered and entered Hideie's room, who dropped to bow to Mitsunari as he entered.
"M-Mitsunari-sama! What can I-"
"He is a woman." Mitsunari pushed Ren forward and Hideie blinked.
"W...Woman?"

Ren fell to her knees on the floor, clutching her clothes to her chest, red-faced and glaring at the floor. When Hideie has been introduced to the man, he had noticed he was a bit feminine, but thought it only to be age.

"Come to think of it..." Hideie said thoughtfully, "I didn't really notice his Adam's Apple..."
"She doesn't have one." Mitsunari stated blandly, "Clearly."
"Thank you for bringing this discovery to my attention, Mitsunari-sama." Hideie bowed deeply.

Ren felt her gut twist into knots, she had done so well to hide her true identity, and of all times to be found out was when she was sold off into the enemy army.

Ren hugged the clothes to her chest tighter, keeping her gaze down. “These clothes are plenty fine... Girly clothes’ll only get ruined..” She muttered.

Ren hurried off to the bath with wobbly legs, bathing and changing into the clean clothes before returning to Hideie.

Ren scowled as she moved over to the weapons laid out with sharpening materials. The Chosokabe crew had taught Ren how to keep up weapons, so she didn’t need any instruction, getting on with her work right away.

By the time she began sharpening the third katana, Hideie returned with a furisode in his hands. "Here," He offered it out to her, "Put this on when you get the chance."

Ren looked up and felt her face flush, setting down the blade. “No, these clothes are fine.” She muttered, not taking the furisode.

Back
Top Bottom