Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“You keep living your life and proving him wrong. I’ll support you no matter what. I’m by your side. Owen is by your side. We care about you and only want the best for you. That’s all that matters, right?” She kissed his shoulder and rubbed his back.

“Yes. I like the simple newborn calling room that he has but he’s not a newborn anymore. He needs space for his toys. He needs a room he can explore and be creative in and be happy to be in. So I was thinking jungle themed. A dark green accent wall with vines and tree painted on it. A little cartoon cheetah and bear and snake wrapped up in a tree. Little things.” She said softly. “And the alphabet will go around the room where he can see it. A is Alligator, B is for Bear, C is for Cheetah. Stuff like that. And we should start reading to him every night so he needs a little book shelf.” She couldn’t think of what else she wanted but she had a list written down in her notebook at home. “It’s all planned out. I think he will like it. I am hoping it’s not too big of a change for him all at once.”

Adri scoffed, “Nick, the bachelor, will get you into trouble. He will try too at least. He’s excited to have you. He won’t stop talking about it. I think he has your entire first week planned.”

Jake smiled and nodded. "Yeah I know you all are. I wouldn't be where I am now without you and Owen." He told her truthfully. "And you guys are all that matters." He gave her a small peck.

"That sounds good. I think he'd like that. I'm sure he'd help you paint." He teased with a smile. "Are you painting the animals or having someone come in and do it?" Jake took a sip of his Manhattan. "I like the idea for a bookshelf. You could have the shelves me branches on a tree." He suggested. "Ooo babe can we make a little treehouse for him to play and read in? Also, something to think about, do we want a bedroom for him to sleep in and then a toy room separate?" The waitress brought out their wings and poppers and Jake smiled and thanked her.

He chuckled and shrugged. "Is he really? The actual part I'm playing is fairly small. It's only a few episodes. Sadly, this isn't a show to let Owen watch. I'm curious what he'd say seeing Daddy on tv, not exactly fighting. But I promise you I'll be on my best behavior. I'm going to be a marry man soon." He smiled and grabbed a wing to try. They were one of the best he had, as he let out an approval moan.

“Someone would come in and paint them. Cute little characters, I don’t want him afraid of his room. I think if it is fun and colorful enough, he’ll be excited to sleep in there. All night.” She said with a smile. For the most part owen slept in his room, but really early in the morning, he would wake up and only go back to sleep if he was between Adri and Jake. It would be different for him to only have Adri.

“Does he sleep with you when I’m not home?” She asked. She was really nervous about being alone with him. She had been alone for a day but Jake always tried to come home before bed time to say good night. This was a first for her.

“Maybe he can watch it on mute. He’s seen you bloody in real life. As long as you aren’t naked and he can’t hear any cursing. I want to see him react. You should do a kids show. Be a voice on spongebob or something. Kids love you. That would be a hit.”

Jake smiled at the idea of him staying in his room all night. "Lets hope a new room would do that. Maybe if we ignore him he will just go back to sleep on his own..." He grinned knowing that wouldn't work. We really need him to last longer in bed. I'm willing to give him a new room for that."

He thought about it. "Sometimes. Sometimes we would just go to bed and turn a show or movie on and we'd fall asleep. I just wouldn't move him. Or if he woke up crying, I'd get him and we'd just go back to bed in our bed. Again I wouldn't move him. I was mostly lazy. You know how I sleep though..." He chuckled.

"Pretty sure I'm not fully naked in the show. Cursing there definitely is. Other scenes may have nudity. The parts where I'm training Nick, it would be fine. Or a few times we talk. The worst would be farther into the season when I have an actual fight." He took a few bites of food and ordered another drink with a water. "A kids show? Really? I don't know about that...You think that the kids would like it or the moms?"

“Maybe. But I can’t ignore my boy.” She said softly. “He needs to know we are there, right? We won’t let him cry in the crib. I don’t care if that means we are spoiling, he’s my son and I’m going to be there for him when he needs me.” She declared. She did hope the new room kept him in bed though.

She rubbed her lips together and nodded her head. “Alright. We won’t pick up any bad habits while you’re gone.” She promised. “Hopefully.” She added quickly.

“We can play the scenes you are in as long as they aren’t too graphic. He might like seeing you on TV.” She smiled at Jake. “I’m going to like seeing you on TV and not getting beat up for real. Probably the most relaxed fights I will watch.” She laughed.

“Yeah. Johnny Depp was in spongebob. And John Cena has been in everything. I am sure they can write a special for you to be a part of. Maybe when he’s older though and able to understand that you are speaking on TV.”

"I like how you keep talking like you're not only trying to convince me but yourself you shouldn't let him cry. Letting him self soothe some times is not a bad thing..." He explained. "But I understand what you're saying about wanting him to know that we are there for him."

He shook his head but smiled. "Mmmhmm. I know you will let him sleep with you. And that's fine if it's only a few times and he still sleeps I his bed. When I come home, I better only have you in my bed." He wiggled his eyes at her.

Jake smiled. "It is a change for you. But you've also watched my fights in person first. You've only seen the older ones on TV and with me. The good thing is, we should be done filming before the season airs so we can watch together."

Jake just looked at her a moment. "I'm not sure how I feel about you comparing me to Johnny Depp and John Cena. The Rock has also been in everything...I don't know if I'm an actor or even a voice." He shrugged. "But I think it's cute you want me to do it and think Owen would like it." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I'm surprised we haven't gotten approached to do a reality TV show."

Adri smiled, “If anything I will end up in his bed. I want him comfortable in his room. Maybe sleeping in there will help. Then Max can jump into bed with him too to replace me. Then when daddy is home, I can sleep in my bed.” She smiled and kissed Jake’s cheek. “He is going to have to sleep with me while they paint though. I don’t want him in those fumes.”

She nodded her head, “If you’re not done filming before then, I will wait and watch with you.” She finished her drink and rolled her shoulders. “Delicious. I need another.” She waited until the waiter came over and asked for another. She ate a popper but decided the first place was much better. She also tasted a wing and agreed that it was very good too.

“No. They are going Drew for the reality shows.” She rolled her eyes. “I wouldn’t want to do one anyways. I’d agree to one of those ESPN documentaries or this one that you are making. I don’t mind it when the ufc comes in and films us. Mostly because I told Dana I would knock him out if he showed my sons face on camera. I think he’s scared of me.” She smiled happily. “He better be. You better be too. I have a habit or smacking fighters in the face.” She grinned and bumped into playfully.

"Yeah totally doesn't need to be around the paint fumes, especially with his asthma." He told her. "I think it will be fine. He would probably like it if you slept in his bed. For me to sleep in his bed, he needs a bigger bed." He chuckled.

Jake smiled. "Maybe we can have a season premier party. We could have a couple people over to watch the first episode." He suggested taking a few bites. "The drinks are really good. I picked out a good one for you?" His hand rubbed her leg a little as he finished his own drink.

"Don't take this the wrong way. But seriously? Who's your brother? Who is Drew? Why does he get a reality show. You're the one who's a model. I'm a UFC Champion. He gets a show cause he is your brother? It's kind of dumb. Who would watch that?" He asked and shrugged. "ESPN has those E:60 episodes. I'd do that. I have been rumored to maybe do Ultimate Fighter sometime. They would maybe film us a little bit at home. The Miz has a show and it's kind of funny actually. I wonder how much money he makes."

“He’s tall for his age group, so I think we might go for a true xl twin to start off with. A full might be too big. But then again, if Max is in bed with him, he will take up most of the bed.” She shrugged her shoulder. “I’d feel safer if he was on a full. I would know he couldn’t roll off of it in his sleep.” She but her lips and thought it over. “I’ll figure it out.” She said softly.

“If my Boo wants a premiere party then that is what my Boo gets.” She promised and kissed his cheek.

“Very good and very good choice. Imma be drunk soon.” She laughed. “I should probably eat more. I don’t want to get drunk too soon.”

She shrugged her shoulder, “I wish I could tell you Love. I don’t know. I think he shops himself out and some producers catch on. I know my agent said you and I would have to be frequent guests to really make the show work. I said we weren’t interested in reality TV. It’s so intrusive.” She frowned.

“I’m open to a season if someone wanted to come in and focus on your training for a fight. And the lead up and everything. But I don’t want Owen on TV. I don’t want to be on more than I have too. It has to be about you.” She aaid, explaining her reservations about it.

"If it's not a bunk bed, he doesn't have far to go if he rolls off. But they have those kids beds with railings and safety features. Doesn't his bed now transform into a toddler bed?" He asked confused.

Jake smiled proudly. "You're so good to me. I love you. It doesn't have to be big or crazy. Just our family and some close friends. I probably should watch a couple episodes and live chat with fans. Or do a q and a."

"We will hit a few more shops and let you sober up." He teased. "I like the wings here but poppers at the first place. Drinks here are better. If we are still rating everything."

He rolled his eyes. "He only is getting a bite because of who we are. If he was anyone else, they wouldn't give him a show. Who wants to watch a show about him and a Vegas stripper...nevermind. Someone would watch it. I'm not doing appearances on his show. Hell, I may sue him for using me and then he'd have to give me a portion of his earnings..."

"That would be cool. A documentary on my training. But yeah, I agree with not having Owen on screen. You though? Why not?" He asked curiously.

Adri nodded her head slowly, “But does it match my jungle adventure theme?” She asked. “No. That crib was for baby boy is coming and we want soft neutral calming tones in the nursery. Now we want this room is so much fun you’ll sleep through the night in here.” She explained. “If they can change the bed to match my theme, then great. We will keep it and just get him a bigger bed when he needs it.” She agreed.

“We can do whatever you want Boo.” She promised. “Just tell me what food you want and I’ll make the rest happen.” She smiled.

“I think the drinks are stronger here. But I agree. The first poppers were better. The wings are pretty good.”

“don’t worry. Once my agent says we aren’t interested the deal usually goes bust. I think he’s starting a YouTube channel though. A sort of family vlog thing. That’s fine by me. We won’t be leaving Owen with him anyways so I know he will never be on it.” What her brother did with his time was on him.

she shrugged her shoulder. “I don’t know. What if I have habits or something that people pick up on. Or what if they see the code that locks the house or just knows things about me I don’t want them to know? I’m still screwed up from the break in. I’ll answer questions about you and talk to the camera. I know it sounds silly. My life is basically in the public eye. I do shows and photo shoots and everything else but having cameras in my face at home feels strange. I like the house being a place I can relax.” She said.

“So I’m fine with a limited documentary sort of filming environment, but I don’t think I could handle constant cameras.”

"Okay. Okay. We can put the crib in storage in the garage until we need it again." He told her and rubbed her leg. "What kind of bed are you wanting for him?" He grabbed a popper and ate it with a smile at her. "I'm sure you have one already picked out for him."

Jake grinned. "Any food I want?" He asked. "It may surprise you, but I kind of want maybe Italian. Do you think that's too much for something like that? Get some spaghetti, rigatoni, biscotti, bruschetta, pizza, chicken parm, alfredo...." It probably was a shock he didn't suggest Chipotle.

"The drinks definitely are strong. But damn good. I picked your drink here. Next place, you pick mine." He told her and kissed her cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "I fine with him doing whatever he wants on to with his own time and avenues. But I'm not too thrilled with him using our fame and resources to make a name for himself. We've both worked hard to get where we are." He told her.

Jake smiled and chuckled. "You do have habits. Most of them are cute. Then there are some that well..." He teased and chuckled. "I get what you mean though. I don't blame you. I don't think I want cameras around all the time. It's nice having some time just us with our jobs and lifestyle you know?" He finished his drink. "But yeah I like we are doing this and can control what we film and even the edit process. The world doesn't have to know everything we do." He chuckled. "I think we have an understanding on the cameras front. That's good with me."

"We have a couple days of our trip yet. I'm having fun babe. I really am. This is fun with you." He smiled and kissed her. "Thanks for doing this with me. Thanks for not thinking my ideas are dumb and going with them."

“We will need it if we ever watch Amy’s boy. We can put it in one of the guest rooms for now.” She said. “It’s going to be hard to give that little guy back to her though. I might just keep him.” She smiled.

“I was really thinking we were getting Chipotle. But we can do Italian. Whatever you want Boo. You want Italian, I’ll fly to Italy and get you a true Italian chef.” She teased. “We can do that though. It’ll be nice. I don’t have to cook right? I can hire a chef?” She laughed.

She was glad they could agree on no cameras. That would have been hard for her to adjust too. She rubbed his back and ate one of his wings. “Thanks for bringing me along Boo. It has been a lot of fun. We should do more adventures like this.” She smiled.

"Babe...you can't steal your nephew. I'm sorry. They arrest people for that. But I'm sure Amy would be just fine letting you borrow and babysit him anytime you want him. She would probably appreciate it especially so she can sleep." He smiled at her.

He laughed. "I know I switched it up. Babe, get it catered by an Italian restaurant or something. You don't have to bring in a chef. And they probably wouldn't want to cook that much food in our kitchen. But I like that idea though for a night just us." He told her. She had amazing ideas sometimes.

They don't always see eye to eye but it seemed that on the things that really mattered, they did. Jake smiled and nodded. "There's no one else I want riding shotgun on any road trip. Except maybe if I had my own dog..." He smiled. "I agree. What should our next adventure be?" He grabbed his phone to take a photo of them together.

“Arrest people? Amy wouldn’t have me arrested. She’d be great full for the sleep. You remember when we brought Owen home? Well you were training for a fight so I was the one up most of the time but still. It was not a full night of rest ever. She’d let us keep him for a little while so she can get some sleep.” She smiled, but knew she wouldn’t be able to keep him for more than a day or two.

“I will get you your Italian food.” She promised. But if you change your mind about Chipotle at the wedding, you’re the one telling chipotle. I’m not breaking up with them for you.” She teased.

“Is that a warning that you’re kicking me out when you get a dog that doesn’t want me or Owen?” She asked and judged him.

“I don’t know. There is plenty of places we can drive around. Maybe around Nevada. See some sights that aren’t Las Vegas.”

He gave her a look to see if she was sure. "If you stole her son she would just like you'd arrest anyone if they took your boy." He nodded. "Yeah. I remember that. That was super nice of you babe. But I think you enjoyed that time bonding with him too..." He smiled and took a drink.

Jake laughed. "No way I'm changing my mind about Chipotle at the wedding. It's still our after a fight snack." He smiled. "Just me and my babe. Next fight we should have it delivered to my dressing room so we could get a driver and just eat on the way home."

"No...I'm never kicking either of you out. But....if you're not with me, I'd let the dog ride in the car with me. And they'd be my running partner. I almost want a puppy but maybe rescue a puppy so we can teach it early how to run with me?" He shrugged. "Don't worry baby. You'll always be my favorite girl."

"I'd like that. Do some research and let's go. I just don't want to drive in the desert without a destination. That's how scary movies start." He finished a popper. "This was a good food choice." He nodded. "There's two more bars I know about. Do we want to hit both? Or should we ask someone outside if they know of more?"

“I think I can make that happen.” She laughed. “Chipotle in the warm up room. There are other things I’d rather do with you in the dressing room, but I’ll get your food, like I always do.” She smiled.

“I better be.” She said to bring his number one girl. She smiled at him and bumped his shoulder with hers.

“I know exactly where I want to go with you.” She smiled. “Just leave it to me. We have to go when you get a break from filming. I think you’ll like it.” She told him.

“let’s hit your two bars and then if we aren’t drunk by then we can ask for more places and more places until we are totally out of our minds and forget what hotel we are staying in.” She laughed. She finished her drink and the last popper and they were on their way to the next bar.

Jake shook his head. "I don't want to eat in the dressing room. I'm saying we have the food so we can eat on the way home. I don't like waiting in the car while you go in for our food. One of these times you will be met with fans or paparazzi. I don't want that for you. We can have dessert before the main course..." He told her with a grin.

"Unless you give me, my daughter, then..." He made a small face. "You'll still be my number one but number one woman."

"Now I want to know where...." He smiled. "But having you plan a trip sounds fun. But do I trust you?" He raised an eyebrow, teasing. "Of course I do."

He gave a nod and paid for their drinks and food as he got up, leaving a nice tip as well. "Sounds like a plan." His arm went around her as they started walking down the sidewalk. The mountains looked beautiful under the moonlight. "I've been to some really pretty places...I never really appreciated that part before. I knew it was pretty but never felt thankful about it."

Adri smiled and nodded her head, “Ali think of a few things I would rather do with you in the locker room.” She giggled and bumped him lightly.

“Good. So I’ll be you’re number one for ever.” She laughed. She shook her head to telling him her surprise place. She knew he would like that. That was all that would matter.

She wrapped her arm around him as they walked towards the next bar. She looked up at the mountains, “It is beautiful. We can live in the mountains in Vegas.” She told him. “Get snow in the winter. Blazing hot in the summer. Best of both worlds. Might be a little out of budget though. You’re paying for a view of the strip, that’s prime real estate. And I mean…if you’re going to spend that much, you might as well just buy a castle. In Germany.” She looked up at him and bit her tongue.

“I’m getting my castle one day Jacob. You can’t stop me!”

He grinned and gave her cheek a kiss. "I think a victory round does sound pretty fun in the locker room. We've never done that. Why have we never done that?!" He asked confused and genuinely wondering.

Jake nodded. "You'll always be my number one. No matter what. You've made me happier than I've ever been or imagined I could be." He told her softly before kissing her gently. Regardless of how many kids she gave him, he always already her number one fan. He was definitely her hype man.

He rolled his eyes but smiled. "I'm not buying a castle babe. And do we want a view of the strip or mountains? I'm actually aiming towards mountains. I like the city but being a little out of the city sounds nice too. Maybe we can talk to a real estate agent and let them know what we are looking for so if anything pops up or land comes available, we can jump on it. Even though where we are now is getting us by just fine but eventually we will need to get in a bigger house." He told her and kissed her temple as they walked.

"The next drinks are your choice to pick babe." He told her as they walked into another bar. This one was a bit more laid back and casual, sports bar. "Let's get a little table? I need a backed seat." He told her.

Adri laughed and shook her head, “Because you’re either bloody, injured or hangry.“ She said listing off the reasons on her fingers. “I don’t like dealing with hangry Jakey. And you’re only going to be more hungry after that activity. So something has to give and it’s usually me.“ She pouted playfully.

“But I do want to go out and celebrate again. We always go home and be parents now. And I know one of the last times we went out I punched someone in the face, but I won’t do it again. I can’t promise that, but I will do my best not too.“ she said. “We have to party while you are on top. I want to have fun and go to a club and be young. You know? While we can, at least. Or while I can, Old Man.“ She teased.

“I don’t see why we can’t have a view of both.“ She reasoned. “I would be willing to pay a pretty penny for a view that had the mountains on one side of the house and the strip on the other. And it really shouldn’t be hard to find. We can look into real estate agents when we get back. Find someone good. All of those Raiders are coming in and going to buy the good land. We have to buy now.“

She found a table for them to sit at near the back and leaned into Jake for warmth. “I’m cold.“ She shook. The alcohol was supposed to make her ignore the cold but she could feel it now. She rubbed her hands together and put them on his thigh. “I hate how you’re literally always warm! It doesn’t make sense.“ she laughed.

When the waiter came over, she looked at the menu without using her hand because they were warm in Jake’s thigh. “What is the Long Island Challenge?“ She asked.

“32 ounces of Long Island Iced Tea, if you can finish it in less than thirty seconds you get it for free.“

Adri smiled at Jake, “You wanna? I want too! We will take two.“ She told him and patted Jake’s thigh.

Those were all valid points. He was normally somewhat hurt, and definitely hungry. "Hangry Adriana is also scary. Just saying...." He kissed her cheek. "Well I love how selfless you are but sometimes, you can be selfish. Especially when it comes to that."

He gave a nod. "I think it's totally fine to have Owen stay with your parents my next fight. I'm not sure I want the nanny to have him overnight but definitely a family member. Your mom isn't the fondest of watching me fight anyways so it may work out that we have a permanent babysitter on fight nights. And maybe the next one will be a destination fight so we can go out in a foreign country and live it up." He smiled, it did sound really fun and they weren't that old despite being parents and there was nothing wrong with them wanting to go out and enjoy themselves and celebrate a win.

"So you're thinking of building a house?" He asked curiously. "This could be fun. It could be a cross between both of our styles." He nodded, liking that idea. It may be easiest and best to get everything they want. "We will have to really discuss what is a must have and what are wants. This could get really expensive really quickly Adge. But you're right with the football players coming in, we need to jump on it. With us getting a football team, I almost feel like I need to become a Raiders fan, but I grew up loving the Broncos..." He was torn on who he should root for. It would be fun taking Owen to games when he got old enough to understand the game.

He wrapped his arm around her to try to warm her. His hand rubbed up and down her arm and side. "I'm sorry. But at least you have me to warm you up." He smiled and kissed her head.

Jake grinned. "Let's do it. I'm going to be peeing all night but yeah, let's do it!" He nodded and smiled as he looked over the rest of the drink and food menu. He really wasn't hungry but just curious of what they have. If he had to say anything, he was slightly buzzed but not bad.

“Well not the next one. Unless it’s after the wedding and honeymoon. But I do want you to enjoy the food and cake and drinks without worry about cutting weight.” She told him. “We will see. I want to be here for any wedding prep that might need handling.” She rubbed his thigh and smiled at him.

“I thought we were both thinking of building a house. It’s the best way to get everything we want. I don’t want to buy a house and renovate it. I’d rather just build the dream.” She told him. “We can meet with an architect after we find the property.” She shrugged her shoulder. “I know, but if it’s everything we want in a house I’m willing to spend it. You don’t want to move then we go for a house that we can grow in and we can stay in forever.”

She shook her head at him changing teams, “We can go to some games for the fun of it. But don’t go switching teams. You’d upset your Denver fans. Do the Bronco and Raiders play each other? We can go to those games. And the probowl will be there not. It will be fun to go to that. We have options. Don’t go doing anything too drastic.” She laughed.

She got two of the challenge drinks and looked at the menu with Jake. “Jalapeño poppers.” When the drinks were placed in front of them she ordered some of those for their list of which bar had the best. But with these giant drinks the list probably ended here.

“Time starts when you take your first drink.” The waiter announced with a stop watch in his hand.

Adri picked her glass up and smiled at Jake. She tapped her glass to his. “Okay.” She said and took her first drink ignoring the burn of alcohol and swallowing as much as she could at once until it was empty. She slammed the glass down and raised her hands like a champion.

"I don't want to worry about cutting the weight either." He chuckled. "What fun is it, if I can't enjoy those things." He smiled and chuckled and kissed her cheek. "But I love you looking out for me."

He nodded. She was right too. It was easiest to get everything they wanted and if they could have it all, it would be worth a little extra money he figured. "Makes sense. We can discuss first deal breakers. Like a multi car garage. A theatre, man cave. An office for both of us or separate offices. Gym. Big bed in the master. I want a clear door fridge I think...but that's minor."

"They do play each other. So that works. I can't switch teams....I can appreciate the home team. But I'll always be a Broncos fan. I think it would be cool when O is a little older, if we can go and he can meet some of the players." He smiled. "And maybe his dad too." He chuckled and shrugged as their drinks were brought to them.

Jake had no idea if she was ready for this but he was game for a little competition. After their glasses hit, he started drinking as fast as he could. The entire time he drank, he thought of the combination of the poppers and alcohol and he was afraid his stomach would hate him the next day. But once he was done, he put the glass down. It was a breeze for him and when she finished, he held his hand up to high five her.

"We killed it! Good job baby!"

Adri laughed and rubbed his back, “My boo can have whatever he wants in the dream house.” She smiled. “Even if it has to be put in later as an expansion. We can do a multi-car garage that isn’t connected to the house. I definitely want a pool. A giant closet. A play room for baby boo. A view of the strip and the mountains.” She said. Her list could go on and on.

“I think mostly his dad wants to go see the players. I don’t fault you for that. I’m sure they would love to meet you. If not, you beat them up.” She joked and pinched his cheek. “Hell, I’ve beaten up people who don’t want to see you before.” She giggled.

She clapped his hand to complete the high five and rubbed her stomach. “Was that a bad idea?” She asked and waved her hand. “Who cares? I think we completed our mission.” A once that alcohol started to course through her body she would be drunk.

“We might not be able to leave tomorrow. We might be stuck hung over in the hotel room.” She smiled and leaned against Jake’s arm. She squeezed and poked his muscles. And then did the same with his thighs.

“Do you…do you think you could crush a watermelon with your thighs?” She asked curiously. “Just like,” she clenched her fist together tightly and showed him, “Squeeze?”

Back
Top Bottom