Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I do think having a way to the garage from the house would be nice. So we have Owen and it's raining or something we can load him and all our stuff and not be carrying things outside. But we could have a two car attached that we can use for the cars we drive the most. Like my truck and your car. But then when we get our fancy cars those could go in a detached garage. Plus having ATVs or something could be fun and those could go there." When Adri discussed what she wanted, he couldn't help but smile. "And you can have most of what you want too...minus the castle for right now. Maybe we can build it to look a bit like castle..." He chuckled and kissed her cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "Well of course I do. But it would be cool for him to meet them too and tell his friends when he's older he got to meet all the cool players." He chuckled. "Yeah you've given me a hard time for my temper when we first met...Maybe it was you I needed to worry about..." He teased.

Jake nodded. "It was a very bad idea, I'm going to be hurting later between the jalapenos and alcohol. Do we have tums with us?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "If not, do you think the front desk at the hotel does? Baby, we have to leave tomorrow to film. I may be able to push it back a bit. But we need to leave...." He chuckled.

He thought about it a moment. "We can try it when we get home. But I bet I could. What made you think about that?" He chuckled and raised an eyebrow like she was a little weird.

Adri laughed, “I don’t think your temper was the problem now. I think it was that attitude.” She smiled. “Who snips at a person on their first day of work. When I’m in the octagon, don’t bother me.” She said mimicking his voice and one of the first things he said to her.

“I don’t know about Tums. I have to check the first aid kit. I know I’ve seen hot pink in there, so we definitely have Pepto. That does the same thing, right?” She asked and shrugged her shoulder.

“I like watermelons and I was touching your thigh and then I thought, your thighs could crush a watermelon.” She said simply.

“We should probably go before we are too drunk to function. Because I can feel it kicking in and if I get too bad, I’ll kick off my pants and probably sleep.”

He chuckled and shrugged. "I've assistants who interrupted me during my training for stupid shit. I got interrupted to get asked if I wanted blueberries in my smoothie. Imagine Luke trying to get me into an armbar and I'm trying to defend against it and this chick walks up, 'Jake...Jake... Mr. Daniels? We have blueberries. Do you want blueberries?!' I'm a little fucking busy. Make a decision..." He shook his head. "You did that. You made a decision. It may have been wrong but you made one. Or you made and told me to go with it. You go head to head with me. I like it." He leaned over and gave her a kiss. "Damn did we fight but I think cause we are so similar in some ways."

Jake makes a face. "We may find out. Maybe the alcohol will tame the heat later." He smiled a little and finished his drink.

He shook his head and smiled. "I love you. But challenge accepted. I'll try to smash a watermelon. If we can find any in December." He chuckled.

"Keep your clothes on woman. Are we moving on or heading back?" He asked as he put money down on the bar.

“I quite literally just found out you’re allergic to mushrooms. If you don’t think I’m bugging you about what else you could be allergic to, you’re seriously mistaken.” She laughed. “And I always made smoothies. Different flavors. I would like you pick which one you wanted and I’d drink the other one. I got used to that gross protein taste.” She stuck her tongue out.

“We should be able too. When we get home. I’ll try and then you can try.” She smiled. “That’s going to be gross. I’ll hose you down before you come into the house.”

She rubbed her belly and thought about it, “Hotel. I don’t think I’ll last much longer.” She told him and put her head on his shoulder. “We can drink the little mini bottles they have in our room.” She said and rubbed his knee. “You’re so warm!”

He chuckled and shook his head with a little eye roll. "You got through this entire time without interrupting a workout with Luke. We even have a son and you haven't had to bother me during a workout. And...we've switched to a tastier protein powder so it's not too bad. Plus that's what made me fall in love with you...you smoothie making capabilities." He leaned over and gave her a kiss.

"That's definitely a challenge to do outside. Maybe we will start a new trend." He wiggled his eyebrows.

He wrapped his arm around her. "If those little bottles are any good, then I'll drink those. I'm ready to get inside and strip down a bit." He told her. "Hopefully all this alcohol helps me sleep tonight..." The events of the other night still lingered on his mind. He still felt awful about it. As they headed back to the hotel, he kept his arm around her to keep her warm. "You know I love you right?" He asked her softly looking at her.

“That’s a great trend to start.” She laughed.

Adri grabbed the bags and walked out with Jake. With all of the alcohol in her system she didn’t feel the cold as much anymore so she didn’t have to huddle into Jake.

“I hope so too.” She said softly about him sleeping soundly tonight. She knew she wasn’t going to last much longer. She never could when she had a lot of alcohol in her system. “I know Boo.” She said softly and smiled up at him.

They walked past a drug store and she pointed, “Do you want to pick something up? Tums? A drink?” She asked.

He chuckled and nodded. "It is a new one. I think it would be funny as hell if we started a trend. We should name it the Daniels Watermelon Smash!" He smiled proudly.

He smiled back at her. "Yeah. Let's get a few drinks. Do you want anything?" He asked as they headed in with her. "I think I want a few waters and maybe a Powerade." He smiled a goofy smile before realizing maybe Tums would be needed. "Tums may be good too...just to have...just in case."

Jake found a gallon of water and grabbed one of those before finding the Tums. It would be easier for him to get ice from the hotel and put it in his cup instead of buying a bunch of small little bottles of water, plus he drank a lot of water. The two should drink a lot to stay hydrated and not be hung over. "Maybe we should get two gallons?"

After the water and Tums he headed towards the checkout to grab some electrolytes. "Do you want one? It may help with all that alcohol..."

Afro followed him around until they got to the candy aisle and she picked up some sour candy and chocolate. And then regular gummy candy.

“Of water?” She asked and picked up her own gallon. “Are you carrying them? You’re so much stronger than me.” She smiled and rubbed his big muscular arms. “It’s why I keep you around.” The hotel was t that far. It would be a waste to call an Uber. She could carry the water, she was just being a baby.

She nodded her head to getting a drink and picked up two more red Powerade's. While she was over there, she looked through the fridge and grabbed a few hard lemonades to get her through the rest of the night.

“I’m ready.” She told him and the cashier rang and bagged them up.

“these pants need to get off my body soon. They’re way too tight.” She told Jake. “Too much food.”

He smiled and shook his head. "Well now, my baby wants sugary treats huh?" He chuckled. "At least you picked some good ones. Mind sharing a few pieces? I won't steal a lot."

"Of course baby. I'll definitely carry it. I don't mind. If you grab the other stuff. I'll grab the water." He took it from her and kissed her cheek. It wasn't anything for him to carry it to the hotel, with it not being too far. "I could take a back and shoulder rub when we get back though for being your muscles. They need rubbed every so often." He smiled.

Jake paid for their items before grabbing the waters again to head out with her. "I may have to put my hands in the pants before they come off though to warm them up when we get back." He told her with a grin. "We both hate wearing clothing too long. How are our children ever going to make it in school all day keeping their clothes on? I wouldn't be surprised if the first week we get a call from Owen's teacher that he took his shirt off." He laughed. "And I'll say it's all his mom's fault. She's a lingerie and bikini model." He smiled a shitty grin at her.

They got back to the hotel and headed up to their room. Once he unlocked the door and let them in, he grabbed the ice bucket. "Anything else we need beautiful?" He headed out to fill it up and came back in and was happy to be back and able to get comfortable as he yawned.

“You’re never cold!” Adri laughed. “And you’re not putting your cold hand on my body.” She bumped into him playfully and wrapped her arm around his waist.

“I will not be taking the blame for that. You’re the one that always walks around with no shirt on. And what does Owen want to do? Be like daddy and take his shirt off. That’s all you.” She smiled.

She didn’t need anything, so she shook her head and tried to kick her pants off while he went to get ice. They got stuck in her ankles she was too lazy to care. By the time he got back to the room, she laying across the bed in her stomach, knocked out with her pants dangling from her ankles off the side of the bed.

"My hands are the farthest things from my body. And I'm carrying cold gallons of water. Give me a break." He told her and smiled. "I warm you up all the time and you won't warm my hands up...I see how it is..."

He laughed and shrugged. "You have a job where you're half naked. It's not just me...We need to get him exercising and he could be one of those ripped kids. Right now he's a bit of a chunk. But a cute chunk." He smiled.

When Jake came back in, he couldn't help but laugh a little at how fast she was out and how she just gave up on the pants. He walked over after setting the ice down and took her pants off of her and set them across a chair. Jake made sure she had some water and Powerade by the bed with some tylenol for when she woke up before he stripped down to just a pair of shorts. He sat in bed and turned the tv on real low. Part of him thought about editing the documentary but instead decided to watch a movie he knew she wouldn't want to watch. As he watched the movie, he sat close to Adri.

They were able to film the scenes they wouldn’t be able to do at home for jakes documentary. Adri learned so much more about Jake and his struggle to the top. She was mostly only there for the successful part of his career, so it was nice seeing how hard he worked to get what he had.

All she wanted to do when they got home was hug and kiss on Owen for ever, but Nick flew in from LA to celebrate the New Year with them and stayed a couple nights to get away and have some fun. Owen came home in the third when the hangovers were gone and they could handle his loud and rambunctious self.

With Nick came the first set of scripts for Jake since he would be leaving at the end of the month to go film for a few months. Adri let them practice when they wanted to practice together. She would either watch from the couch or take Owen to the park so they could have some quiet to focus.

The night before Nick left, Adri made a nice big dinner for him.

It was nice sharing his journey with Adri. It was something that he felt she should be aware of so she knew where exactly he came from. He started literally at the bottom and moved his way up the ladder. Jake knew his biggest chance to get into the UFC was to get to Vegas and that's what he did. Sleeping in gyms, small apartments, his car, etc, didn't stop him from following his dreams. It meant a lot to Jake that Adri wanted to be apart of that story. His real big break was being part of Ultimate Fighter and winning his fight to get into the house and now becoming champion.

When they finally got home, Jake was happy to see Owen but also be in his own bed. There was just something about being home that he really liked and was hard to replace. It was fun spending the new year with their friend. Nick was always a blast and having him to help Jake go over the script, helped ease some nerves Jake had about acting. He was a fighter, not an actor. The acting didn't seem to come natural but then again, he was just acting like a different version of himself.

Nick's last night with them was going to be hard for Owen, who loved his Uncle Nick. Jake came up and stole a bite of food as Adri was cooking. "Nick, it's bullsh..." He looked at Owen then Nick. "My future wife cooks better for you than she does me." He lipped some curse words to him. "It's been a blast having you here though, I expect you to cook this well for me when I'm in LA." Jake gave Adri a quick kiss before starting to set the table for everyone.

Adri smiled, “No, I cook healthy for you because I know your diet and I don’t want you to kill yourself in the gym to work off the 300 extra calories because of breakfast or lunch. Nick is here, you have no fights and I can splurge.” She told him happily.

“Do you even know how to cook Nick?” Adri asked.

He looked at Adri and then Jake, “I have a chef.” He started, “But…but..before you two lay into me. I can make a mean bowl of cereal.” He said triumphantly. “And I can cook up these chunky thighs!” He said to Owen and squeezed his thighs.

“You’re going to starve.” Adri teased Jake. “He has a very sensitive diet, Nick. I can send you the list if you need it. But if you want to keep it simple, chicken, rice, broccoli. He will hate you eventually, but he will eat it. That’s what he gets when he annoys me.” She said and rubbed Jake’s cheek.

“Love you.” She gave him a kiss and hug.

Jake looked at Adri. "He has a chef. I should be fine. If not...I expect you to send me Door Dash." He told her. "Chipotle bowls are always good. Otherwise, I'm going to the grocery myself. I'm not living on cereal." He teased. "I'd never make it. I'd eat a box a day." He looked at Nick, "Just remember, I need lots of protein. You can't go wrong with protein."

"You act like I can't cook. I can cook pretty well babe. But having time to cook is going to be the question." Jake looked at Nick, "How long are our days typically filming?" He asked. "I may need to bring food with me..." Jake turned to Adri, "I'm not stressing about food babe...What if I do starve? What if they don't let me eat for like 18 hours. I'm not used to fasting. That could my muscle..."

Nick chuckled a little. "I'll not let you starve. They will have food on set. We can have people go get us food. I can make sure you have protein shakes and bars or whatever you want in your trailer. I'll let my chef know the type of diet you need to stick to. I can even have him make sure we have breakfasts and dinners." He smiled and nodded, "I got you bro."

Jake smiled, "Okay...cool." He looked at Adri relieved. Owen looked at Jake and reached for him and called him. Normally, he would have told him to hang out with Nick but he was leaving himself in a few weeks so he didn't want to miss out on time with Owen. "What do you want bubs?" He picked him up and gave him a couple kisses.

“Nick if he doesn’t have food he gets cranky.” Adri warned. “He’s my big baby. I keep him on a strict schedule to keep his mood level. Sometimes he needs naps too. Just scratch his back and he’s out like a light.” She winked at Nick.

“I think he knows Daddy is leaving in a couple weeks.” She said and put the pasta in a serving bowl and took it to the small dining table. She grabbed the garlic bread and salad and set those on the table too. Then she got wine and juice. “Nothing too fancy, but everyone should like it.” She said and set Owen’s plate on his high chair. She took his shirt off while Jake held him.

“Are you going to be a big boy and feed yourself?” She asked and tickled his side. “Can you say Chicken. Alfredo. Pasta.” She got smiles and babbles, but they were close enough for her.

“Dinner is ready.” She declared. Since they were at the smaller square table, it was Owen on a corner in his high chair between Jake and Adri, Adri on a side, Jake on a side and Nick next to Jake.

“I’m glad you’ll be here for his first day of day care. We are both going to need you.” She laughed but made a sad face. He needed to play with kids his age and day care was the best option but she wanted him to stay little forever.

“Is it bad if I want him to throw the world’s biggest fit and they say we have to bring him home?” She asked.

Jake just gave her a look. "I am not that bad. I do not need or take naps, hardly ever. Ass." He said the last part quietly. "Nick, don't get married, they give you crap even before the wedding..."

He gave Owen's head a kiss before putting him in the high chair. Once Owen was in the seat he started to eat. He liked food just like his dad.

"This looks and smells amazing baby. Thank you." Jake said as he sat down and dug in. "Who's going to be here for me for moral support?! Who's going to hold me when I cry?!" He teased but smiled. "Think of it this way, it's better to do it now when he's this little. We will have less problems when he is older. It will be a hard first day but we will make it."

"Babe, we don't want that. A little cry at drop off then a fantastic rest of his day." He told her and gave her a wink. "He will be fine. What are we going to do while he is gone though?"

“Okay. Naps are rare but they still happen.” Adri conceded with a smile.

“I know! But maybe he’s too little.” She said and looked at Owen. He was managing to feed himself better. Getting the food in his mouth rather than dropping it a few times and then getting it in his mouth.

“Cry and wait for him to come back?” Adri pouted and Nick busted out laughing.

“He’s not staying there forever Adri. You’ll be fine.” He chuckled.

“Our days has revolved around him since he was born. Our schedule was directed by nap time, feeding time, diaper changes and now it’s gone. I don’t know what to do. Start a TikTok, I guess.” She had a makeup line to work on, of course but still it seemed weird that Owen wouldn’t be there. She liked having him there. He filled the room with noise and life.

"Says the one who normally asks to take a nap with me..." He raised an eyebrow at her with a charming smile.

"I don't think he's too old babe. I think it's a good age. Some kids go to a babysitter starting at six weeks. He's familiar with our nanny. It's not much different but just with more kids...He needs to make some friends babe. He is getting too spoiled by himself. Plus, with his cousin coming, he needs to learn to share. I want him to be that protective kind of kid not the whiny, jealous, grade a clinger." He tickled Owen's side. "Right?!"

Jake gave Adri a look. "Baby...it's only a few hours a day. He could be home for lunch. Work on your make up line, the wedding, or any of the other projects you've wanted to do. Get breakfast with some friends or your mom. Call your man if he isn't filming while in LA. There is plenty to do... Then you'll ship him off just so you can grocery shop in peace." He chuckled.

“There’s no need to throw facts into this argument.” She argued. “I like naps and you’re better than a blanket.”

Adri smiled at Owen and rubbed his head. “Fine. I’m sure he’ll love it. I’m just going to miss him.” She pouted.

The rest of dinner and the night was all about Nick. Since it was his last night, they watched a movie together. Owen was glued to his side and fell asleep on him. Adri took him to bed and came back down. The adult could have a few drinks and talk. Early in the morning a car came to take Nick. Adri was up to say goodbye and then went right back to bed until Owen woke up.

“He needs a lunchbox, a backpack and a list of other things for daycare. You want to go with us to Target?” She asked. “And pray we don’t get swarmed.” She smiled.

He chuckled because he knew he had won the argument. That's why he threw the facts out there, to win.

Jake got up with Adri and Nick to see Nick off. He debated staying up and working out but the thought of cuddling with Adri sounded way better.

"Uhh...I don't want swarmed but I want to be a dad and be with my baby boy when he picked out his school stuff. We have to let him pick it out. Maybe we can get breakfast too? We can start a tradition. Breakfast and supply shopping."

Jake stretched. "How long before you'll be ready?"

“We can take Liam with us.“ She said softly. At least that way, they would have him to keep people back a reasonable distance. They could take pictures from afar.

“I can be ready in like forty minutes. The earlier we go the less crazy the crowd will be.“ She thought about it. “He would throw an absolute fit if we skipped breakfast. yeah, let’s do that. Breakfast and Target. And Starbucks.“ She smiled And wrapped her arm around his waist.

“Maybe for his birthday we can go to Disneyland. If you have time to go with us. I think his second birthday will be jungle themed. Two Wild or something like that. Have a petting zoo in the back. Should we have it here or rent a house in LA and do a party out there? I guess since he is going to daycare, he would have friends so we should do it here. His first birthday was most of our friends.“

Jake nodded. "Liam is probably a good idea. Give him a call. He will be game for breakfast too I'm sure. And it's quite hilarious you know Owen would be pissed if he didn't get food. And you say I am a issue." He laughed and kissed her cheek.

"I'll shower quick then take Owen and get him ready. Is his diaper bag packed up or do I need to resupply stuff?" He asked her, kissing her shoulder.

"Hopefully I'll get a few days to take a break and go with you guys. I think a jungle theme could be fun. I think we should have his actually party here but then we can celebrate
celebrate in LA. Let's hope he has a few friends. I doubt we will invite the entire daycare." He teased and chuckled.

Jake got up to shower. "Think of where we should get breakfast. I too could get coffee." He checked his phone for the outside temp to see how to dress himself and Owen before heading into the bathroom to start the water.

Adri laughed, “You are an issue most days.” She told him. “If I took you to Target or shopping in general and didn’t let you eat anything, you would throw your own version of a fit. Owen is a carbon copy of you.”

“You’re going to have to checm. I don’t remember what was left in the bag.” She said.

When it was time to set their plan in motion, she called Liam and asked if he was available to work for the day and then told him the plan. He would meet them here so they could drive to breakfast together.

Adri showered at night most of the time, so she was clean and needed to pick an outfit. She saw what Jake was wearing and did something that complimented him. She liked it when the family matched.

Owen woke up while jake was finishing in the shower. So Adri went to get him and change him. She brought him into their room, even though he was looking and calling for Nick. She tried telling him that but he either didn’t understand or didn’t care.

Adri put his cartoon on and let him play on the floor with Max and the girls while she put on her makeup and finished getting ready.

"I am not. I am old enough and mature enough to go get food if I need it. And I blame that on my intense workout routine. When I burn the calories that I do, I need to replenish them in order to function." He explained and shook his head.

He nodded. "Alright. I can do that." Jake made a mental note to check the bag after getting Owen ready. He could make a game of it and have him help.

Jake got a quick shower, spending a few of the moment under cold water. It was a new thing he was trying to help with the different benefits it gave off. He knew Adri would never let him do it with her in shower so he took advantage of her not being with him. It did weirdly feel good to him. He shaved quick before getting out and drying off. He got dressed in a pair of jeans and t-shirt.

He then went to get Owen. "Good morning little man!" Jake smiled at him and put his hands out for him to walk to him. "Let's go get some clothes on." When he took off running to his dad, Jake picked him up and attacked him with kisses which made him laugh. "Did you have a good sleep?" Owen nodded as he took him to his room to get him dressed.

Jake picked out some jeans and he let Owen pick out his shirt which was a dinosaur one. He then put his shoes on him and had Owen restock the bag. He would carry diapers over and put it in the bag then he took a new thing of wipes. Owen then dragged the bag to Jake so he could organize it properly. "Thanks buddy. You're a big help. Let's go find mommy. My turn to get my shoes on." He grabbed Owen's baseball hat and put it on him backwards.

The two headed back to Jake and Adri's room. He grabbed some tennis shoes and sat on the side of the bed to put them on. He grabbed his own at and put it on backwards so the two of them sort of matched. "Baby...your boys are ready."

Back
Top Bottom