Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I'm glad. I'm glad you feel better. Maybe you just needed to sleep it off." He suggested and rubbed her back. Jake couldn't help but laugh. "He is my child...you will never be cold with him. I can try to get him in his bed tonight. Not sure he'd go for it or not."

He nodded because he could understand that if she couldn't keep soup down, that she wouldn't want to try it again. "Well whatever sounds good to you, I'd be happy to make it for ya." He kissed her head again.

He couldn't help but make a face. "A pickle? You've been throwing up and you want a pickle?!" He shook his head but shrugged. "If that's what you want." He got up and went to the kitchen. Owen got up and ran into the kitchen after Jake, trying to help but more so didn't want to be away from Jake that long.

He returned to the living room with her pickle and a powerade. "You may want to keep your electrolytes up too." He told her before sitting back down next to her. Owen walked over and wanted to sit with them.

“Don’t look at me like that!” She laughed. “Yes. I want a pickle.” She watched him go into the kitchen and grab her pickle.

She took the pickle from him and took a nice big bite. “Mmmm.” She smiled and cheered it slowly. “It’s so good. It’s salty. And crunchy. Oh my god.” She took another bite.

Owen wanted a bite and Adri looked at him for a moment. It was too big for him to bite, so she bit a small piece off for him and handed it over. He immediately spit it out after getting a good taste of it and she caught it and put it in a napkin.

When she finished her pickle, which didn’t take long, she drank from the Powerade bottle. It only took a few minutes for her stomach to turn and she was off to the bathroom.

Jake told Owen he didn't need a bite. That could also have been how they got each other sick but didn't say anything as she broke off a bite. He knew he wouldn't like it as he spit it out, he shook his head.

When Adri got up, he sighed. "I told you that was a bad idea babe..." He said softly. Jake kept Owen in the living room so she could get sick. When she came back, he looked at her. "Babe...maybe I should take you to the doctor if you can't keep anything down. You're gonna get dehydrated quick."

"Dad will watch Owen. He hasn't had much of anything since I've been here." He explained. "Or maybe I can find a doctor to come here..."

“Well blue Powerade and a pickle isn’t exactly what I asked for.” She snapped at him and went to the kitchen to get a cup of water.

“I would have kept the pickle down if I didn’t wash it down with Powerade. It was a weird mix.” She told him and sat on the couch. She rubbed her forehead and counted how long she had been sick on her fingers.

“I have been sick six-ish days. Fine. We can go to the family doctor. I’m not going to the ER for a cold. We will take him too, make sure he’s over it.” She sighed. “I haven’t been sick in forever so my body is fighting it off with all the methods it can. That’s all this is.”

Jake sighed. "Well sorry for me trying to keep your electrolytes up..." He said back but didn't snap at her. It was understandable that she didn't feel good, and didn't mean to snap at him. Or maybe she did...

He watched her a moment. "Babe, you don't throw up with a cold...at least no cold I ever had...Did Owen throw up?" He asked her as he grabbed his phone to call and make an appointment for them both.

They were able to get them in last minute as the last appointment of the day. Jake got Owen to get his shoes on. He kept an eye on Adri though. She was worrying him. Six days seemed like a long time for a stomach bug. "Does your mom know how sick you've been? I'm surprised she hasn't stopped with food and stuff..."

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m not trying to fight you.” She said softly when the mood swing backed off a bit.

“No he never threw up. He ran a fever and coughed but never threw up. I never coughed but I threw up. It’s a trade thing. Not every one gets the same symptoms of colds. I don’t know.” She tried to make it make sense but it didn’t.

“She had dropped off food but I don’t want her to get sick. It’s obviously contagious. If I rest it will pass. And I finally got a good night’s sleep, so it will probably pass.” She went to go put on some jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers. She also got a jacket for her and Owen since it could be cold in doctor’s offices.

“Let’s go get some antibiotics.” She said, still a little annoyed at his overreacting, but trying to hold it down.

Jake watched her a moment. She legit seemed annoyed with him but she didn't show a lot of improvement from when she first got sick in his opinion. It's probably best for them both to get checked and if they need an antibiotic then that's just quicker that they will be feeling better.

"We have insurance for a reason babe. May as well use it and make sure nothing else more serious is going on. I may be overreacting but I'm okay with that. I also think maybe with Owen's history may not be a bad idea to have him checked too." Most of it was Adri but he was trying to play it cool.

When Adri returned with jackets, Jake had his own shoes on and a hat on backward. "Man it's going to be weird driving...I've not had to drive anywhere in LA..." Jake grabbed Owen and took him out to the truck to get him buckled in. Once he was strapped in, he gave him a kiss on the head before opening Adri's door for her.

“I know. I know.” She rubbed her forehead feeling her headache coming back. “I’m sorry for being bitchy. I’m not trying too. And I’m happy you’re here. I needed that nap. I appreciate you coming home. I must be tired still.” She said and rubbed the back of his hand.

“The second something out of the ordinary happened with him I would have taken him in. It’s normal for kids to get sick. That’s why we are sending him to daycare. To get germy and socialized and prepared for school. He can get checked up, but he’s fine. I’m fine.”

“I’ve noticed.” She snapped but really didn’t mean to say it. She didn’t know where this was coming from. She was happy to have Jake home. She was happy that he cared so much about them to take them to the doctor. But she couldn’t stop herself.

“I’m sorry. I know you’re having fun with Nick. Enjoy your time out there. I love how happy you look in the pictures I have seen.”

"It's okay. I know you don't feel well. Plus you're probably a bit hungry too. I forgive you." As they drove, he gave her hand a kiss. Jake did notice she was extra touchy about things though and was trying not to let it get to him. She was finally understanding what he went through when she traveled all the time.

"Adri I know you would have. I was just trying to play it off. I'm worried about you. He seems fine. You don't. And I mean that with all the love in the world. But you're not okay. If an antibiotic helps then good." He said softly.

He nodded. "Thats why I want you better so you can come out to LA and go out with us. And honestly babe. We've went to restaurants. Nick can't cook. His cooking sucks and after filming, we are tired. And you know how grumpy I get when I don't eat or eat good food." He explained. Traffic kind of sucked but Owen had fun riding in the truck and tried to sing along to the songs on the radio.

“Fine. Fine. Whatever you say. When the doctor tells you’d I’m fine and it’s a common cold, maybe you’ll believe it.” She told him.

“I have told you multiple times to hire a cook while you’re out there. At least someone to drop food off that you can throw in the microwave and eat. Eating out every night isn’t going to do anything for you. Dana is going to call with a fight sooner than we think and I don’t want you making drastic decisions when it comes to making weight.” She said and shrugged her shoulder.

Adri looked out the window as they drove. Owen started pointing out trucks and cars. Adri tried to keep him entertained so he didn’t fall asleep. If he wanted to nap, he could do it on their way home.

“How is filming going?” She asked to make conversation that wasn’t health related. “Are you having fun? Do I have a movie star on my hands?” She asked.

"That's fine. I'll be glad That's all it is. I'll believe it when they say it yes." He shook his head.

Jake couldn't help buy sigh. "Babe I know but I feel awkward hiring a chef for someone's house when it isn't my house. Nick is letting me stay with him. I don't feel right hiring a stranger without his permission. I've brought it up but he just keeps taking me out. Maybe he will listen to you... I do cook about once a week. But that's not enough for training for sure."

He nodded with a smile. "It's going well. I love it actually babe. It's a lot of fun. I could do more of it. Maybe I'll be an action star. I do get to do a little drama bits. I'm not telling you about it either so you can be surprised."

“Jake, it’s your career. It’s not Nick isn’t benefitting from this. The cook can make enough for the both of you. He’s excited to have you, and I get that, but there are some limitations.”

“Just like when you’re here you don’t eat out every day. We go out on the weekends. Have a cheat meal all you want but I don’t like the going out and drinking and partying every night. It’s not healthy.” And she was a touch jealous. She didn’t get to do it and she didn’t get to do it with him.

“Nice. I’m really happy you’re having fun, Boo.” She smiled at him. “I can’t be to be surprised.” She laughed. “Are you going to be able to watch yourself on TV though? I hate hearing myself on TV. It’s so weird. I sound weird.” She shook her head.

"I know that. But when I'm being smart about it too." He explained. "Alright...I'll talk to him. Maybe that's my pay for letting me stay there."

He shook his head. "Baby...I have been eating healthy options as we go out. I haven't been drinking that much. If we have filming I won't drink. If I have a few days off, then maybe. You can even ask Nick. He will tell you..."

Jake couldn't help but laugh. "Probably not. I watch myself fight but hate the interviews." He shrugged. "We will have to see. You will like watching me though." He grinned. "You'll like your man being a big star."

“I’m not checking with Nick on you. I’m talking to you about it. And to be honest…” She bit her lips together and shook her head. “Just make good decisions while you’re out there. Alright? That’s all I’m asking.” She told him.

She chuckled, “Not too big hopefully. I don’t want to split my time between here and LA and NYC anymore than I have too.” She told him.

When they got to the doctor’s office, Adri grabbed the diaper bag and stroller and got it set up so when Owen was tired of walking and Jake was tired of holding him he had somewhere to go. She played a TV show on her phone for Owen and filled out the paperwork on why they were there and current symptoms.

“Owen Daniels.” A nurse called and O’s head popped up but he held on to Jake, hiding behind him. She rolled the stroller and bag behind Jake while they followed the nurse to the waiting room.

Jake glanced at Adri, sensing she was getting upset again. What was with her? His eyes went back to the road. "I will."

"Oh I'll be huge. Huge movie and show star. I'll be the next Rock." He joked and chuckled. "Nah. I like fighting and eventually coaching. I'll want to be here when Owen gets older and starts sports and what not."

Jake held Owen as Adri filled the paperwork out. When they called his name, Jake smiled a little. "Is that you? Are you Owen Daniels?" He tickled his belly and stood up to head back with the nurse. They took his weight and temperature.

The nurse started asking about the symptoms and how long he had them, when they started etc.

Owen’s appointment was rather quick. He was a happy baby now that he was better. He had some residual coughing and snotty nose but his appetite was back and fever was down. His body was working like it was supposed too.

Since it was close to his birthday and they were there, they also did the run of the mill check up, made sure he was at the correct body weight and height and head side. He was taller and a little heavier than the average two year old, but it was nothing to be worried about. He met all of the typical milestones of a healthy baby. He did have to get two shots and a trip to the dentist was recommended, which probably meant a family trip to the dentist needed to be arranged soon.

Then it was back to the waiting room and Adri checked herself in, filled out more paperwork and they were called to the back. They did the standard height and weight, where Adri saw just how much weight she gained during her Christmas break. The nurse asked the typical questions before she could dial in on whatever Owen gave her.

“When was your last period?” The nurse asked.

Adri shook her head, “I haven’t gotten one since the birth control was removed.”

“Is there any chance you could be pregnant?”

Adri shook her head. “I doubt it. They said I would need IVF or a surrogate or divine intervention.”

“Have you been safe with your partner?” She asked and glanced at Jake.

Adri looked at Jake and at the nurse, “Not necessarily. No.” She shook her head. “I’m not pregnant. I have the flu or cold or whatever he had.” She said pointing to Owen.

“Okay. No problem. I’m still going to have you take a urine test and a blood test and we will see what that comes up with. We have to be sure so we give you the right antibiotic.” She assured her and handed her a cup.

Adri took the cup and went to the bathroom and then the nurse took her blood and they waited for the doctor.

“Could you fucking imagine?” She said, whispering so Owen wouldn’t hear the bad word. He was too buried in his show to hear anything though. She leaned back in the chair and bit her tongue. She wasn’t going to get her hopes up on something that was most likely negative.

“And don’t. Don’t. Jake. Don’t say it. Don’t do it. Whatever you’re thinking, just be chill and don’t.” She begged him.

Jake glanced at Adri when the nurse asked if they have been practicing safe sex. He wanted to crack a joke but didn't. He knew she didn't want to get her hopes up and she was probably just sick so he didn't say anything but they hadn't used protection in a long time...

When she was in the bathroom he put things together...it made sense. She could be...

Jake just listened to her and smiled. "I'm only thinking that Owen did well with his shots. And you should only need antibiotics and your not too seriously sick probably. I'm glad you're gonna get over it in like ten days..." He kissed her hand. "I love you..."

She smiled when he said he loved and she put her head on his shoulder, “I love you too.” She said softly.

“But we are not ready for a baby. We’re not even married. We finally picked a date. I’ll either be pregnant or I just had it. Which means no wedding dress planning because who knows what size I’ll be by the end of it. You’re not even home. You’re in LA for a few more months. I can’t. I can’t be.” She told him, refusing to believe it.

When the nurse came back in she finished up with Adri but didn’t discuss the results. Instead she told them the doctor would discuss it with her and that she would be here shortly. So they were left alone again for what felt like forever.

There was a soft knock on the door and then it opened up. “Hi Adri!” The women greeted as she walked in. She finally got to meet Jake and Owen, since Adri usually came alone.

After some initial catch up they got down to business. “Sick from the baby. Happens all the time.” She commented.

“I’m not pregnant.” Adri told her.

She laughed, “I meant that baby.” The doctor pointed to Owen.

“As far as the urine sample…” she flipped through her pages, “It did come back positive.”

“Positive?” Adri said as if she was testing the word out for the first time. “No.” She shook her head.

“Okay. We can wait for the blood test but that might take a couple days. Or we can do an ultrasound and see if I can detect a heart beat. Figure out a due date and all that.” She offered.

Adri looked at Jake first and then her doctor. “I’m not. I know I’m not. But fine. Just to prove it to both of you. Fine. I’ll do it. Watch.”

Adri put on a gown and then took her pants off and hopped on the table. The doctor draped a blanket over her legs and got her in stirrups and got her instrument ready.

“It’s going to be cold and you’ll feel some pressure.” She warned.

Adri made a face and watched the screen diligently while they waited for the image to pop up.

“Here we go.” The doctor pointed. “This is a sac, nice and healthy. Here is the first fetal pole…” she said and moved the wand around a few times to make sure, “and this is the second.” She pushed a button and a quick heartbeat filled the room with noise that made even Owen look up. “Healthy and strong heartbeats.”

She added, “I’d say about seven weeks. So features yet. Just the sacs and heads. We will see more at the next appointment for sure.” She told them and pulled the wand out and turned the lights back on.

Adri kept staring at the screen even though it was gone. She could stare at the pictures next.

Last edited:
Jake rubbed her back when the doctor wanted to do an ultrasound. Things still added up but he too didn't want to get his hopes up. Even if she was...could she carry the baby? There was so many questions and then he felt a bit nauseous as he got nervous.

Then when they did the ultrasound, he watched and just stared at the screen. He could hear the heart beat. Jake squeezed Adri's hand, his eyes not moving from the screen.

"Um heartbeats? Like twins?" Jake asked.

"Um...also...she was told she'd maybe have trouble carrying...when is the risk time period over? What should we do to help make it an easy pregnancy for her?" He asked the doctor.

“I am going to say twins and no more. I only see two umbilical cords. Which is normal. More and more women are having twins and if it runs in your family, you have a higher chance of having twins.”

“My grandfather is a twin.” Adri told Jake. “And one of mom’s sisters is a twin.” She added when she though about it. She was still in shock though.

The doctor nodded and smiled at Jake’s question, “I am going to make her as high risk. That means more appointments and check ups. It generally means keeping it easy at home. Normal workouts, nothing too demanding. Relax as much as possible. And if you feel like anything is wrong just call and we can do checks. There are machines you can purchase to hear the heartbeat at home. Just let me know if you have any concerns.”

“Relax Adri. We are going to do everything in our power to make sure you have a healthy pregnancy that runs the full duration or as close as we can get.” She promised. “Get your pants on. I will figure out a due date for you.” She went to get the prints and do the math for Jake and Adri.

Adri got her pants on but was quiet. Still processing her emotions.

The doctor came with a few more papers. “Alright. Does Christmas sound about right to you? Around that time frame? Because I am thinking a due date of September fourth.”

That got Adri to snap out of it. “Our wedding date?” She looked at Jake.

When the doctor confirmed it was twins, he sat down. Twins? Oh shit. They weren't ready for Owen and he was one. Now two?! They were in a better place in their relationship though. Jake looked at Adri. "Oh...so this is your fault huh?" He teased and smiled at her.

Jake felt better that the doctor would put her as high risk and seemed understanding if they had any concerns or wanted to make an appointment for any reason. Quickly, his mind started going to the show and him having to be in LA. He isn't going to feel right leaving her to look after Owen to finish the show. His hand ran through his hair as he thought it through. They would definitely need to talk this through after it settled in a bit.

While she put her pants on, Jake watched her and gave her shoulder a quick kiss as the doctor came in. Christmas... Jake grinned and chuckled a little. "Yeah. That definitely makes sense. Lots of sense. We were kid free for a few days..."

He looked at Adri. "We can move it up, push it back. We can discuss it babe." He squeezed her hand.

“Adri needs to start in prenatal vitamins, let’s get that weight up. You have gained a little bit since I last saw you but I want to get you into a better place. This cold of yours will get better. Morning sickness, there are ways to treat it naturally but I can prescribe medicine. Call me if the cold doesn’t get better.” The doctor said and they worked together to schedule the next appointment.

“I am going to send in the blood tests for you. Just do the routine check ups and I’ll call you and walk you through them.” She smiled.

“Congratulations Adri. You too Jake. You have a fun long road ahead of you.”

By then Owen was up and getting restless. He wanted down from Jake but immediately wanted up with Adri. She picked him and kissed his cheek.

“What do we do about the wedding?” She asked him. She didn’t want to push the date back. Twins hardly ever came on their due date. they could be early. Late. She didn’t want to get married pregnant.

“Should we go get married?” She asked him. “That chapel? Or city hall?”

"Alright. I can get those on the way home. We can stop by a pharmacy." Jake nodded. He was glad the doctor was willing to help with the morning sickness if she needed. "Thanks Doc. For all your help. I do appreciate it." He shook her hand.

Jake watched Adri. "Honey, let's get your vitamins and we can discuss wedding options. I don't really want to do a chapel or city hall. But we can discuss it."

Jake rubbed her back. "Come on. Let's get heading back. I'll run through and get you some food if you'd like."

Adri shook her head, “No. we aren’t walking into a store and buy prenatal vitamins and a baby book and getting caught by a fan or the cashier or paparazzi with them. This is an us thing that we need to figure out before we let the world know. I don’t even see why the world needs to know. I’ll have them delivered to the house under a different name.” She told him.

“Owen needed a nap like an hour ago. He’s about to be hell on wheels. I want to go home. I’m not hungry but we have food at home if I get hungry.” She got Owen strapped into his seat and kissed his forehead.

“We can process while he’s sleeping.”

"Babe...it's a prescription...They by law have to keep it a secret." He told her softly. She was stressing on top of not feeling well. He understood that.

He nodded. "Alright. I get it. We will go home and get him in bed." He agreed and got in as they headed home. Jake really hoped she wasn't grumpy the entire pregnancy. It was a quiet drive. He knew she was probably nervous and stressed to be pregnant but then add on scheduling with the wedding, it made it worse. And he tried to remember that and be understanding.

"We don't have to make any decisions today about anything. You can let it sink in. I can let them know in LA that I may need to be home more..."

Back
Top Bottom