Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Adri poked her head out of the bathroom and smiled at her boys, “You both look adorable. I need like twenty more minutes to get my hair done properly and then we can go. Liam should be here by then.” She told them.

Last edited:
Jake chose his championship watch and grabbed his wallet. "Twenty minutes? Alright. I'll let the dogs out and let him find something to watch for a bit." He smiled and took Owen's hand. "Alright buddy. Let's go let the dogs out. Tell them, 'Come on.' "

"'Om on....Om On puppies!" Owen told them and the dogs followed them down. Max went first, almost as if to lead the way and make sure it was safe, then turned around to watch Owen come down. Jake turned on some cartoons while Jake let the dogs out. While they were in the backyard, Jake grabbed a jean jacket that had hoodie sleeves and a hood for himself and Owen's hoodie since it was a little cool with the morning air.

Jake let the dogs back in and made sure they had food and water for while they will gone. When Liam arrived, he went to the door and let him in. "Hey, come on in. Adri is running behind trying to do herself up how she wants." He chuckled. "We have some cartoons on to keep you busy." They headed into the living room. Jake got them both a water as they waited.

The two talked about Jake being in LA and also Christmas and the documentary. They had a lot to catch up on. Jake did like Liam and they got along well. He also felt better, knowing he'd be there to help keep his family safe. "I appreciate you being around. Especially with me going to LA. I hate that I'm going to be apart from them. Adri's been better since her attack but still...."

Liam walked into the house and chatted with Jake about the holidays. Liam spent time with his daughter, who lived with his ex-wife. He had a nice time with her and got to take her to see all the lights and a couple shows.

“Anything for you guys.” He said, shrugging off what Jake said. “You’re like family now and you and I have the same goal. Keep our family safe. I’ll be around while you’re gone for anything she needs. Pictures on the walls, trips to Target. Don’t worry about it.” He smiled.

“That won’t happen again.” He promised. “She’s strong. She hides her fear well but deep down I can still see it. The looking over her shoulder. She hates being crowded. She’s as tough as you.” He said softly.

“It’s going to be hard for her though without you. I can’t be here 24/7 like you are.” He sighed. “You sure she doesn’t want to go to LA with you?” He asked. “If she wants to stick it out I’ll do what I can for her.”

That twenty minutes managed to stretch out to thirty but only because her hair wouldn’t play nice. She had one idea and couldn’t make it work so in the end, it all went up into a messy bun with bangs. She had her signature eyeliner and red lipstick. She picked out black jeans with a basic white tee and a designer belt with a leather jacket and white tennis shoes.

She came downstairs and then had to go back up to switch out purses to a smaller Chloe bag and then she came back down ready to go. She gave Liam a hug and kiss on the cheek in greeting, since she hadn’t seen him since before thanksgiving.

“Breakfast and Target.” She told Liam. “Should be an easy day. Hopefully.” She tickled Owen’s cheek and he smiled and reached over for her so she held him and would get him in his car seat.

“Are you ready? Diaper bag is good?” She asked Jake.

Jake was glad he got to spend time with her family. His daughter was probably happy to spend time with her dad.

"No....I see it too. She tries to be strong but I know she still has a bit of PTSD from it. I think therapy is helping." He said softly.

He smiled a little. "I'm sure she would love to come to LA with me but...at the same time, that's where it happened and I think she needs to prove to herself she can do it. And she wants time with Owen just the two of them." He told him.

Liam got up and hugged her when she came down. "Hey. It's good to see you." He smiled. "Breakfast? Can't say no to that."

"Yeah. Diaper bag is good. Owen restocked it. I organized." He smiled and shut everything off as he tossed Owen's coat to Adri.

The four were soon headed off to Breakfast. "Where are we eating?"

As if on cue, Owen came rubbing to Liam and wanted up. Liam smiled and picked him up and flung him up in the air. “Yeah, I can see why she would want to spend some quality time with this guy.” He tickled Owen’s stomach and they looked when Adri came down the stairs.

“There is a cute diner near Target that’s cute. We can eat some gourmet French toast. It’s small and quiet so no one will know we are there.” She smiled at the guys. “But he can have a pancake and eggs.” She said bouncing Owen on her hip.

When they got to the diner, Adri put Owen’s hood up to cover his head. She didn’t like his face being photographed by strangers. Those were photos she couldn’t control and she didn’t like that.

When they got into the little diner, she let him pull it down. She asked for a booth towards the back and they were lead somewhere quiet and private with a view of the front door.

Jake drove them to the diner that Adri was talking about. He got out and walked in with her, his arm around her to help shield Owen but no one seemed to notice them when they went in, which he was more than happy about.

He struggled to sit in the booth with his back to the door, but Liam was there to keep them safe so he would benefit from seeing the door more than him. Jake did sit on the outside though to still protect Adri. Owen sat next to Liam. "So O is getting just eggs and pancakes? What are you getting?" He asked looking over the menu. "Liam, I have the check, eat whatever you want."

Jake ordered chocolate milk for him and Owen when the waitress stopped at the table. His hand rested on Adri's leg.

“I might get a cinnamon roll.” She smiled. “And bacon. Need some salt to counteract the sweet. And then I might go back to eating somewhat healthy.” She shrugged her shoulder. She was enjoying eating junk too much.

“I told Jake I’m done working out. And I’m going to eat what I want. I don’t care if I get fat. I’ll be happy.” She smiled and looked at Jake. “And Jake said he would still love me if I was 600 pounds. Right?” She asked Jake and squeezed his thigh.

Liam laughed, “I think I can speak for the both of us when I say, there is no way you would ever let yourself go that much. And I give you…a month tops of eating like that and then you’ll be back in the gym.” He looked at Jake for confirmation.

“It just a different mindset to live that way. Constantly eating junk and not taking care of yourself. You feel sluggish and odd. You’ll see soon, I suppose.”

Adri frowned and looked at her menu. “I can last longer than a month and if I don’t, it’s not because you two got into my head.” She told them.

The waitress came back for their orders. Adri ordered an apple juice, cinnamon roll and bacon. But when Liam ordered a spinach, Tamara and feta omelet and Jake ordered something semi-healthy as well, she changed her order to a sausage, bacon and cheese omelet.

"You know places make cinnamon rolls with maple icing and bacon toppings?" He told her with a smile. She was cute.

Jake nodded. "Yep. I agree. A month. You won't like how you feel. But...I did tell you, I'd love you no matter what. And I will. But I don't want you unhealthy. If you get to be 600lbs, you're unhealthy...very unhealthy. Plus you'd want to be able to catch up with Owen." He explained to her.

He watched Adri. "What's the reason for wanting to let yourself go?" He asked softly.

Jake ordered an egg white omelet with veggies and bacon with a side of hashbrowns and fruit. He smiled when Adri ordered something healthy, he told the waitress to bring the cinnamon roll too.

When the waitress walked off, Jake rested his hand on her leg. "Did you make a list or have one for everything we need for Owen?"

“I promise it’s just a joke.” She whispered back and kissed his temple. “I miss food. Eating what I want with zero cares is amazing. And zero working out even better.” She tickled Owen’s belly and smiled at him when he smiled at her.

“There’s a list the school sent out. He needs, a backpack, lunch box, diapers, wipes, a blanket and pillow for nap time. Sunscreen, an extra outfit.” She said off the top of her head but she knew she was missing something.

“I want to get him clothes, I won’t be upset about. I imagine he’s going to get dirty, so there’s no need to send him to school in anything fancy. We can get some cheap and cute baby clothes at Target. Except for picture day. I might have to go out for that. Do you think they do picture day?” She asked excitedly.

“I need to schedule his birthday pictures. And figure out a theme.”

"It is easier to not care. Just to eat and be lazy is easy. Society has made it too easy..." He watched her with Owen. "He is good about helping you eat badly. Cookies and pudding..."

Jake looked at Owen. "Sounds like you're going to have enough stuff to move in to the school. There's a lot for you to get to pick out."

"We can get him something nice for a potential picture day. He will have to look cute the first day cause we will take photos of course. Like he's going to big boy school. With all his supplies in his tiny backpack and his lunch box. We should get one of those chalk boards for the first day to write his age age stuff on. Okay....I'm starting to not like him going to school now too." He made a face.

"What are your ideas for his birthday pictures?"

“That’s what they want. it’s a good school though. Give him a nice head start.” She smiled.

“We have to do a button up. A fresh hair cut. All of it.” She smiled. She rubbed Jake’s back. “That would be cute.” She said softly. “It’s so weird. It feels like yesterday he was this tiny bundle we were having skin to skin time with. Now he’s walking, talking and can swim like a fish.” She smiled. “He’s not our baby anymore.” She sighed.

“It always feel like that with the first one.” Liam said. “When my daughter got dropped off on her first day, I thought she’d be scared or nervous and not want me to leave. That’s how I wanted her to feel, at least. Instead she ran off almost immediately.” He laughed. “Broke my heart. But this guy, he’ll be the same way. And you two will be left heart broken.” He teased.

Adri smiled at Liam, “Little Isabella, she’s six right?”

Liam nodded, “Going in sixteen.” He rolled his eyes.

“This one too. We have had a couple major fits. Ive learned how to defuse them before they get too bad, but it’s going to happen soon. Just like Jake. I know the signs of a blow up and I know how to defuse the situation.” She laughed.

"It will be nice to get him playing with other kids his age. Plus it will be easier when it is time to go to preschool or kindergarten." He smiled.

Jake watched Owen for a moment. "He will always be our baby. He's just getting to be a bigger baby. O does need a hair cut. We should do that before his first day." He rubbed his head. "Are you excited for school? I'm sure you'll love your teacher and make new friends."

"Well baby, at least we can be heartbroken together." Jake said after listening to Liam talk about his daughter's first day at her school. "I want him to hate it just a little. Or at least be excited to see us when we pick him up." He smiled and reached for Adri's hand. "Ill hold you if you hold me while we cry..."

"I want to be there the day she goes on her first date." Jake laughed. "We could have some real fun with that buddy."

Jake gave Adriana a look. "Excuse me? It's been a long time since I have blown up. I've done really well. You were the last one to get in a fight...not me." He teased.

Jake took a drink as they waited for their food. It was kind of exciting to go shopping for Owen's first day of school. He took his phone out and took a picture of all of them together and then one of just Owen at the table drinking from his cup.

Adri laughed and agreed with a head, “I hold you if you cry.” She promised.

“Oh god. I’ll be there to make sure she looks good and keep you two at bay.” She shook her head and rubbed Jake’s leg.

She rolled her eyes, “We are bringing up facts. My mom thinks I’m perfect. That’s all that matters.” She said cheekily. “And for the record you fight way more than I do.”

Their food came and Adri cut Owen’s pancakes into little pieces and added a little bit of syrup for him. She pulled a baby fork out of her purse and handed it to him so he could try feeding himself. If he got too messy she would take over.

"I'm sure you will make sure she looks good Adri, but Jake's right. The two of us could legit scare some people." Liam smiled and gave a nod to Jake who smiled proudly. "Call Luke, I'm sure he'd help us out too."

"And when we have a daughter, Liam you can come return the favor." He told him and kissed Adri's cheek.

Jake laughed, probably a little too hard at her saying she's stating facts at her mom thinking she's perfect. "Babe...babe... Come on....I of all people know your mother does NOT think you are perfect. She may think you are beautiful, fabulous, amazing, smart, successful, maybe 'perfect the way you are' but not perfect as in you never do wrong." He shook his head. "Yeah no...sorry." He smiled and kissed her cheek again. "And for the record, I'm only speaking facts here, I fight for a living, so yeah that's fair. I should fight more than you."

He watched Owen eat with his fork for the most part. He used the fork for his pancakes but anything else came to his mouth by his free hand. Jake started eating. "This looked amazing. Smells amazing. Tastes even better." He looked over at Adri, "I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a chef. A lot of athletes do. Doesn't have to be all the time but maybe while I'm training. That way you and O can eat what you guys want and I can eat what I need to for training."

The trip to Target was mostly low key and successful. Owen got to pick out the backpack and lunch box he wanted. Adri got to buy him some new clothes, she bought Liam’s daughter a new toy, and then like every trip to Target they walked around bought a bunch of other things that weren’t really needed. At the end of the day it was a nice family trip out and some good quality time.

Owens first day at daycare was a little scary. Both Jake and Adri walked in with him to drop him off. She set him down after getting a big hug and kiss and he slowly walked into the room with the other kids and started to play. They stayed for a few minutes to make sure he was okay being with the other kids and he was better than okay. He found some toys and besides a little ‘not used to sharing’ tug of war over a car, he was fine. They could leave.

They just had to wait until the afternoon to go and pick him up. She thought that would be harder too, but once they got home she took a nap. The best nap. Between the nerves of his first day and general toddler sleep schedule mishaps, she was tired. When she woke up, she was able to get some stuff done around the house and before she knew it, it was time to pick him up.

He did have some issues with sharing, but that was expected and could easily be worked on. Behavioral wise, he was great. He was making friends and learning some new words.

Jake leaving was harder than Owen going to daycare. Especially when Owen was walking around calling for his dad. It was an adjustment that they had to get used to. Phone calls helped, but Owen couldn’t call Jake as many times as he walked around looking for him. They’d never be off the phone. The third week of no Jake was when it felt like it was getting easier, only for Owen to get sick and get Adri sick as well.

It wasn’t the best situation but Adri was determined to get through it on her own. She didn’t want anyone else getting what they had.

Jake was having a blast in LA but missed his family. He was on set more than he realized he would be. Some of the time though he was just sitting in Nick's trailer learning lines waiting for them to tell him they needed him. The crew and other cast was extremely nice to him though and he was having a good experience. When they weren't on set, Nick was taking him to different places in LA or on a rare occasion he had a day to relax.

Once a day though, he found time to video call home so he could see Owen and Adri. It was the best part of his day. He knew it would be hard and different with him being the one to leave and not Adri. It was the first time he ever really spent more than a few days away from Owen.

When the two got sick, he ordered groceries and meds to be delivered so it was one less thing Adri had to worry about. But if things got bad, he'd just tell the directors he had to come home. He called to check in on Adri one afternoon he had down time on set. "Hey baby...how are you feeling?"

It took a few rings but Adri answered the phone. Owen screamed in the background, which made her pause before she could speak to Jake.

"Hey Boo." She said with a scratchy voice and a sniffle. "Between the pounding headache and your son finding his outside voice indoors, things are about as good as they were yesterday." She coughed.

"Gentle parenting is not what it's cut out to be." She rubbed her forehead. "And daycare was the worst decision. Got us sick, screaming indoors, ripping off diapers, saying no." She switched to FaceTime so they could see each other.

"How was dinner last night?" She asked him. "I saw you and Nick on some instagram page this morning."

When Owen heard Jakes' voice, he ran over and climbed up the couch and then into Adri's lap.

"We decided against clothes today. And yesterday. And the day before that.” She told him when he saw Owen in his diaper and nothing else.

He could see she didn't feel well. "Babe, why don't you call my dad to come help with Owen. I have tonight and tomorrow and then I can come home and help out too..." He told her. "Once he gets back, he will get a routine down again."

"Oh? Someone posted a photo? It was good. Babe it's a place you'd really like. The food...was amazing." He let his eyes roll back into his head to help emphasize how good it was.

"Who cares about clothes? If he's happy in the diaper, let him go. Does he seem to be feeling better?" He asked her. "Hey buddy. How are you feeling? Are you sick? Is mommy sick? Are you helping take care of her?"

Jake thought it over. "Babe, why don't I see if I can just come home after we shoot tonight. I don't like being away when you're not well. O is a handful healthy..."

“Because I don’t want anyone else getting whatever it is we have. We will feel better soon. And your dad has to be ready if Amy has the baby. We are fine.” She told him.

She nodded her head to someone posting a photo of them. It wasn’t exactly what she wanted to see when she opened instagram, and she felt a weird sense of anger at him for being out and about, but she also knew this is what it felt like when she was gone and he was home with O.

“He’s got the sniffles and doesn’t like to have his nose wiped but he’s definitely getting better.” She moved the phone back so Jake could see both of them and not just Owen’s belly and chin.

“I’m getting worse. I keep getting nauseous, this headache won’t quit. I think I’m supposed to get worst before I get better though.” She shrugged.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” She didn’t want to get him sick. She also didn’t want to deal with the Owen meltdowns about not being able to find or have daddy. “Why don’t you get some rest after shooting and then come back. But you’re on a vitamin C diet when you come home. I don’t want you getting this. It’s awful and you have to work.”

Jake did feel guilty going out when she was home taking care of Owen and sick. But Nick was helping him out by giving him a place to stay let alone getting him the job on the show. He felt bad not letting him show him around LA.

"He's at the age he hates having anything done to him. Comb his hair. Clean his face. Wipe his nose." He shook his head. "At least he seems to be getting better. I'm worried a bit you're not. I'll start taking some vitamin C now and even a vitamin IV drip." Jake thought about it a second. "Maybe I'll have someone come over and give you one. It may help you get better faster."

Jake checked his filming schedule. "I can be home in two days for a long weekend at least. If anything, you can rest. And I'll watch O." He told her. "I'll let you rest babe. But if you're not starting to improve before I get there, I'm taking you to the doctor." He told her.

“I’d rather not be attached to an IV while he’s running around trying to jump from the coffee table to the couch.” Owen wiggled out of her lap and she let him down.

Adri nodded her head, “Okay. When you’re down here make sure he doesn’t sneeze in your face. That’s how he got me.” She conceded, he wanted to come home. She wanted to see him and for him to be home. She would deal with the Owen meltdowns when they happened. And she’d kill for a nap.

“If I start importing before the end of the week, we will come down to you. How about that? We can go to Disneyland.” She smiled, trying to be positive.

“Come say bye to daddy O.” She said and called Owen over. She showed both of them on camera and blew a kiss to Jake. “We love you. Be safe. Don’t spend all your money going out every night.” She joked.

The next morning she felt a bit better but went down hill when the nausea turned into actual vomiting. It only happened every so often after she ate. She figured her body was fighting off whatever the infection was and didn’t like the food.

While Adri went down hill, Owen rapidly went uphill becoming more and more active the better he got. She just let him run and scream it was easier than calming him down when he was crying. As long as he didn’t hurt himself, she let him do it.

It was understandable that she needed to be able to get to Owen so an IV would have to wait till he got there. But he could still do that for her.

Jake tried not to laugh. "He sneezed in your face? Oh the joys of parenthood. Yep. I'll make sure no sneezing to faces."

"Id like that if you guys could come out. You're allowed to come check the set out. I already got it okayed. Plus you know Nick would love to see you both. And I miss my loves." He smiled. "But get better first. That's the first and main priority."

Jake smiled as Owen came over to say bye. "Bye buddy. Feel better. Be good. Love you guys. Baby rest. Take it easy. If you need anything call me."

He went filmed a few of scenes and made sure they didn't have to do a lot of takes to safe them money as well as being able to get home to take care of Adri. It made no sense to him that Owen didn't get the nausea or vomiting but she did.

Regardless, she needed him, so as promised, he was home as soon as he could. He got home and Jake came around the corner into the living room and saw Owen, surprising him. "Hey buddy!" He squealed and ran to his dad. Jake picked him up and hugged him tight. "I missed you baby boy. Have you been taking care of Mama and being good?"

Jake walked over to Adri. "Hi beautiful." He smiled and caressed her forehead before kissing it. "I have an IV coming tomorrow. I'm letting you sleep all day today. Go on up to bed...Or do you want me carry you up?"

Adri sat up by the time Jake got to her. She smiled, “Hi love. I think those are the most romantic words you have ever said.” She chuckled and stood up. She rubbed Owen’s head and gave Jake a hug. “I missed you Boo. He hasn’t eaten yet, he was more interested in playing and I wasn’t interested in fighting him. And he needs a bath.” She pointed to the plate on high chair.

He knew how to handle Owen so she went upstairs and went to bed. She slept for most of the day, not waking up until dinner time and still feeling tired.

She got out of bed and took a shower before going downstairs to the boys. The living room was picked up so it didn’t look like a toy bomb. The dishes were done. The baby looked clean.

“I feel like a failure.” She smiled and sat next to Jake. “It’s hard being a single parent. Even worst when you’re sick. I swear the house looked better when we were healthy. And we weren’t sharing the bed when we were healthy. So it might be a fight to get him back in his bed.” She told him and wrapped her arm around his waist.

He smiled at Adri. "I missed you too baby. I got this. I promise." He kissed her cheek.

While Adri slept, Jake fed Owen breakfast and cleaned up the living room before getting Owen a bath. He also put a load of laundry in while he cleaned the kitchen and threw things out of the refrigerator that it went bad.

When she sat down next to Jake, he wrapped his arms around her. "You're not a failure. You both got sick. You do what you have to." He kissed her head. "You look better now that you rested. Your color is back." Owen was playing with trucks on the floor with Max close by. The girls snuggled by Jake's side. "Are you hungry? I can whip up some soup for ya. Maybe a grilled cheese for substance."

“I strangely feel better. My headache is gone. I was probably just really tired.” She laid her head on his shoulder. “It doesn’t seem possible to get a good nights rest when you have…thirty pounds of pure heat on your chest. And then that heat source is all over the bed asleep.” She shook her head. “He’s going back in his bed as soon as possible.” She told Jake and stretched her arms over her head.

“I am but I’m not sure what I want to eat. I tried soup yesterday, I couldn’t keep it down.” She told him.

“ you’re going to think I’m weird but I think I want a pickle. A Vlasic dill pickle. Ice cold.” And once she said it her stomach growled. “Yeah. I want a pickle.”

Back
Top Bottom