Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“That’s not fair to you.” She said softly. “You’re having fun in LA. It’s just a couple of months. Finish filming like normal and enjoy it. We can work around your schedule and figure out appointments. And if I'm in there every other week, you don’t have to be there too. Just the big ones.”

By the time they got home, Owen was asleep. Adri picked him up and got him right upstairs to bed. After a quick diaper change, she was back downstairs and on the couch next to Jake.

“That’s not how I wanted it to happen.” She said softly and put her head on the back of the couch. “It’s not how I wanted any of this to happen.” She held her hand out and linked their fingers together.

“What are your thoughts?” She asked.

"And if you can travel. Maybe you and Owen can come to LA so at least we'd be closer. Really Vegas and LA isn't that far...We will figure it out. We always do."

Jake moved to wrap his arms around her after she put Owen down. "My thoughts?" He sighed. "Well...one...what has ever gone planned with our relationship?" He chuckled. "It's us. It's not supposed to." He kissed her head.

"I'm also slightly freaking out about twins...twins. Owen is a handful himself but now twins..." He smiled and shrugged. "But at the same time we've both always handled anything thrown at us head on like fucking Champs..." He kept smiling. "We can do this together."

"Also, we were told this may never happen. And it did. Cause I have super powerful sperm..." He chuckled. "I think it's a blessing." His hands moved and took her face in his hands. "This shows you can get pregnant. I knew you could. I never doubted for a second... you're pregnant baby..." He smiled at her.

“We can drive if I can’t fly. Hire a driver. Something. We will figure out the travel part.”

Adri nudged him but laughed, “God. How did I know that was coming up?” She chuckled. “I’m pregnant baby.” She said after a second and kissed him and gave him a hug. “I’m pregnant.” She moved into his lap and put her head on his shoulder again.

“I’m kind of scared about how dad will take it.” She said softly. “I know we are engaged and living together. But we aren’t married. He could freak out. Make me move back home or something.” She said and ran her finger over her collar bone.

“I don’t know if I want to tell anyone though. What if something happens and then I’ll feel like I let everyone down. I want to be happy but I’m terrified but I already have nursery themes playing in my head.”

"Maybe Liam would even drive you and Owen. I could imagine he would." He agreed to them figuring it out.

He kissed her back and held her close. "Yeah you are. You're pregnant. With twins." He chuckled. "Can you imagine when they ask about when they were conceived?!" He laughed. "Well..." He kept chuckling a but.

He shook his head and sighed. "He isn't going to make you move home. Babe...he has to know we have had sex. We live together. Come on. He may be a little disappointed but he won't make us split up. Chances are, he is going to be thrilled and excited to be a grandpa. That his baby girl is having a baby...no two babies...herself."

He rubbed her back and nodded. "Im nervous too. We knew it would be hard and difficult to even carry to term. I think we just tell those closest to us for now. Your parents. Mine. Luke and Amy, your brothers...at least for now. Or maybe just our parents for a for a few more weeks. But then again...Owen may know and he is a snitch."

"Whats your nursery ideas?"

“Have you ever wondered that? Why would they?” She asked laughing.

“I know but still. It makes my stomach turn.” She sighed. “I don’t know. He might not be happy. He likes you. He gave you his blessing. He knows you’ve been doing things. Hard to that when you have Owen running around. He expects more from me. You. Us.” She reminded him and shrugged her shoulder.

“I think our parents are a good start. Then we can tell everyone else after the next check up.“

She thought about for a second. “I’m going to have to tell my manager. He’s not going to be happy. The one thing he told me not do.” She smiled. “You are a trouble maker.” She told him.

“I was thinking turning the room into a story book. Winnie the Pooh or baby Disney characters. Something cute with calming colors but still light and colorful.”

He made a face as closed his eyes. "Yeah okay. Good point. Gross." He smiled at her and shrugged.

"Babe? Do you really think your parents waited? Or your dad was a virgin? Doubt it. But I get it. Even if he is upset, he will eventually get over it. Especially when he holds his grandkids. You were mad about Owen, until you held him. Now you'd murder someone who loomed at him wrong." He kissed her head.

He nodded. "I think we need to tell them and let them know we are keeping it a secret for obvious reasons."

"Is it bad I kind of don't give a shit what anyone says? We didn't know if this could happen. And it has so everyone else can fuck off in my opinion. If they can't be happy for us, then they don't need to be in our lives..." He shrugged.

He nodded. "I can get behind those. You pick the colors and I'll paint."

“I don’t know! And I don’t want to think about it. I just…” she paused and shrugged her shoulder. She dreamt of it all happening differently. She was happy, she just wanted it to happen later.

“I know you don’t care. He kind of controls my career right now though. So this could put a wrench in our plans for my career. I don’t know how big I’ll be. Or the stretch marks. Weight gain. All of it.” She told him. He had it easy. He could go to LA and film and look the exact same. She was sick already and who knew what would happen to her body, her main source of income.

“He’s not a fan of you being in LA alone either.” She added softly. “Going out every night. Playing bachelor. It doesn’t look good. I don’t need sympathy work.”

As Jake listened to her, he couldn't help but feel like she wasn't overly happy about being pregnant. They didn't know if this could happen for them and now it has and she was more concerned about her career. It was also hard for him to feel like maybe it was his fault that it may effect her career. Maybe he was a little selfish about it all. It was easier for him, that wasn't wrong. But it also wasn't his fault. "You may have the outward effects for your job with the baby but I have internal effects. When I get a fight, I'm going to be thinking about you and the babies now not just you and Owen. The money I win is now going to a family of five not three. What if I get hurt...how is that going to effect you and the kids or my future with my kids?"

"There are things that can be done after you have the babies to help with stretch marks and other effects. Plenty of models have had kids. Tyra Banks, Gisele, Kate Upton, Jourdon Dunn. Use it to spread awareness. How many celebrities do pregnancy shoots? You could too." He told her.

He gave a small nod. "You manager has never been a fan of me or anything I've done..." He said softly and sighed. "I'm going to grab a snack...do you need or want anything?" Jake needed to exit from the conversation about her manager not liking him being in LA before he said too much. It felt very hypocritical to him. When Adri needed to be in LA, NY or anywhere for work it didn't matter how it looked. Her manager didn't care. He wasn't in LA to be selfish or to party, he was working and it was more because of Nick than anything. They talked about it before he ever agreed to do it. The minute she needed him, he was there. When he would go out he never was doing anything that would be mistaken as anything it shouldn't be. He wasnt even drinking a lot.

“I have those thoughts every time you’re fighting.” She said softly. That wasn’t a new thing for her to deal with. “I’m just scared and happy and nervous. We were told it wouldn’t happen. And I didn’t stress about it. We had all of these plans for the year. We had a schedule. And now it’s all out the window.”

Adri sighed and rubbed her stomach. It didn’t feel right to profit off of it. She didn’t want everyone to know. She wanted her circle to know. They were hers. She didn’t want to share them with the world. They didn’t share Owen until they were ready.

“I’m stuck in the contract for two more years. Just two more years and I’ll get a new agent. But he has valid points. LA girls are opportunistic and don’t know the meaning of boundaries. Nick is like you when we first met. There isn’t a party he will say no too and I see you out with him and…” she stopped herself and looked away.

“No I don’t need anything.” She told him and while he went to get a snack, she went to their room to take a shower and take a nap on the bed.

"What I'm saying is, my job may be different, but I think about you and our family the entire time." He told her. "This effects me too...not entirely the same but it does."

He didn't mean make a profit necessarily but show awareness for other women who may have been told the same thing to them.

As she explained her agent and LA he watched her. "I'm not doing anything to disrespect you when I'm there. Nick is a better friend than that. It's not what you think...but if it makes you feel better, I won't go anymore." He told her and meant it. It wasn't worth her hurt feelings to go.

Jake grabbed something small to eat and headed outside with the dogs. He needed to clear his head. It felt like he couldn't be happy about the pregnancy. He hoped she was just still in shock about it.

It started to bring up a lot of old memories and feelings. Maybe she was regretting things now? He really didn't want him resenting him or the kids.

Jake really ended up not having an appetite. He put his food in the fridge and went up to grab a pair of shorts to change and lift. After he grabbed his shorts, he checked on Owen and grabbed the monitor to keep an eye on him before going to his gym to workout.

Adri woke up when she felt Owen climbing up onto the bed. She held her hand out and when he grabbed it she tugged him up and kissed his cheeks. “Hi baby.” She said sleepily.

“Hi mama.” He said back and curled into her to lay down some more. It was becoming a common occurrence between them and another example of how she got sick. They were always together.

“You’re going to be a big brother bud.” She said softly. “Do you know what that means?” She asked him and he nodded his head. “You do! What does it mean?” She asked and tickled his belly.

He only had cartoon references of what a brother was, but he got the gist of it. At least he knew what a two year old needed to know.

“Mommy’s scared.” She told him softly. “But I raised you right? I can do it. You’re pretty okay.” She smiled and kissed him some more to get him to giggle.

“Let’s go find daddy.” She said standing up slowly and helping him off the bed. He forgot Jake was home, but at the mention of him, he was very excited and kept calling for Daddy.

Jake had finished lifting in the gym and took a shower in one of the guest bathrooms to not wake Adri or Owen. He need a good sweat and some angry rock music to clear his head. It could be fun how they told their parents but instead he was thinking that she'd probably want to wait. Which may not be a bad idea.

After his shower, he put on a pair of shorts and sat on the couch going over some of his lines and things for work for when he did get back to LA. He had the tv on as he worked on his lines. Jake could hear Owen calling for him. "Hey buddy...I'm downstairs." He put hish Ipad down and got up to see him at the bottom of the stairs. Jake smiled at him when he saw him. "Hey O! How was your nap?!" When Owen finally got downstairs, he picked him up and gave him a hug and kisses.

He carried him to the living room where Max followed close by. "What's your routine with mommy after your nap?" He asked him. "Snack? Cuddles? Playing?" He asked him.

Owen light up when he saw Jake and rushed to him with his arms wide open. Adri smiled and followed them to the living room and sat on the couch.

“Cuddles and quiet play time for about an hour until he is awake for real and then snack time.” Adri told him. “That’s what they do at daycare. I try to keep him on his schedule.” She rubbed Owen’s back and watched him cuddle into Jake.

“I’m sorry I didn’t take it as well as I could have.” She said softly. “I wanted it so bad and to be told I couldn’t do it and then be told I am…I just…it’s a lot.” She said softly. “I’m happy. I just have to wrap my head around it. It feels like it could get taken away at any moment. I don’t know if I should cherish it or just wait.” She sighed.

“I know I can’t do this alone. And I hate to pull him out of preschool since he seems to be thriving, but maybe we can put it on hold for a few weeks…” She said softly. “We can come to you. Stay in an apartment. Come back here for doctors appointments.”

"Quiet time with cuddles is good. Daddy will take all the cuddles for his little man he's willing to give." He kissed his head and sat down with him. Jake missed him so much, it was nice being home and seeing him.

When she cuddled into him, he kissed her head before wrapping his arm around her. "I understand that. I understand being scared something may happen. I am too. That's why I asked the doctor what our odds are..." He rubbed her side. Honestly, he didn't know what to tell her with that. It was hard to know the right words or the right thing to say.

"I had faith this day would come. They never entirely ruled it out. But I stayed positive and kept saying you'll have your girl. I still have to have faith and believe that. And if you need ms to continue to be the positive one for a few months, I will. I got you."

He thought about it a bit. "I'm happy with you coming to LA. Maybe there's a place we can get him in out there if we have to. Or if you wanted to, I'm sure the nanny would come here and help. I feel bad you feel like you have to come to LA. But I also don't want to miss out and if you need me. I'm going to be here." He kissed her head again. "I love you so much."

"I know you may want to wait to tell people. But baby our parents are our support system. I think we should tell them. Sooner than later. Then if something does happen we aren't entirely in it alone..."

“I know you did. And I love you for that.” She told him and kissed his shoulder. She was blessed with the best man in the world.

“I want to support you. I want to be with you. I like having the nanny around and believe me she’s the best when I have to do meetings online or get out of the house for a bit, but she’s not you.”

“We work better as a unit.” She said softly. “And Owen misses you terribly. I think it’s best for the family if we come with you to LA. And I can do fittings and work a bit more in LA than I can here. I’d rather get it knocked out now when I’m not alone than later.”

She nodded her head slowly, “Okay. I get it. I know. It’s better to have this moment with them. But how do we tell them? Balloons? A bun in the oven? Two buns in the oven?”

Jake understood that wanted him. And honestly, it made him feel pretty good that she wanted him and that Owen did as well. "Okay. I'll start looking for apartments or condos to rent. I'm sure we can find something. And you and Owen can come to the set with me. I have a trailer. It's not big but it's something. We can figure it out. I can talk to the director and producer too and let them know we will be having doctor appointments." He told her and kissed her head again. "If you want us to be together so it's easier for you, I will be happy with you guys close."

He looked at her. "Two bedroom apartment or do you want a room to do work? And it needs to be furnished right?"

"I don't know about balloons. I think it should be something that's a huge surprise. But all I'm thinking of is having Owen wear a big brother shirt." He chuckled. "Or maybe a photoshoot and then tell them we got family pictures done and they need to pick out which they like?" He shrugged.

“I’ll find a place.” She told him. That would be easy. He could go back this week and hopefully by next week they would be together as long as he needed to be in LA.

“I like the photo shoot idea. And the shirt idea. Maybe we can do both. I can order a big brother shirt off Amazon. Get it tomorrow. Do a sneaky photo shoot and we can show them on the TV. Invite them over for dinner or lunch.” She said.

“But Owen knows he’s going to be a big brother. He might spill our secret.” She shrugged her shoulder. It would be worth it, but she hoped they could at least have this moment.

Jake smiled a little at Adri. "Alright. Pick us out something nice. Maybe something close to the beach? On my days off we can take Owen. I can also let you know where we have been shooting so it can be close to there and maybe even Nick's."

"We could easily do both. We could do the photoshoot and when everyone's sitting down and looking at the tv put the shirt back on him. See who notices first. My guess is your mom." He told her smiling.

He shrugged. "If he let's it out, he let's it out. Who's even to say they believe him. He thinks he's a dog like Max half the time." He tickled his belly. "Dont you?" Owen giggled. "Just play it off like I'm finally getting a dog for myself if anyone asks." He smiled at her. "Wait...does this mean that it is going to be even longer now before I get a puppy?" He asked her but was okay with it for the reason that they had. It would he worth the wait in his opinion. He kissed her softly. "I love you."

“Anything for you baby.” She smiled and rubbed his back.

“Probably my mom. Yeah. Or your dad. He’s pretty observant. And he likes watching Owen more than anything else when he’s here.”

Adri laughed, “If you want a puppy you better get one and train one now. Or pick one out so we can send it to a trainer while we are in LA. The sooner the better though. I don’t want to deal with babies and puppies. I can only do so much. Unless you’re trying to send me to the looney bin.” She narrowed her eyes at him playfully.

"That's true. Dad does play close attention to Owen. I could see him figuring it out, but just smiling and not saying anything to let everyone else get it." He smiled and watched Owen as he snuggled into him. It was rare he got these cuddles. Normally Owen was hell on wheels and never sat still long enough to cuddle, so he'd take it.

Jake looked at her confused. "I can get a puppy now?!" He smiled. "Don't tell me that unless you mean it. I'll start looking now."

"I already know the breed I want. It may be hard to find one in a shelter. But I'm willing to find a good one and pay. He is going to be my workout buddy. We don't need a lazy bum like the girls have been."

"I'm curious to see when and how the dogs react to getting another two siblings. Max I bet can sense it first. Rocky and Bam just can't disturb naptime..."

Adri laughed at how cute his face light up when she agreed to a puppy, “Babe if you want a puppy go for it. Just be prepared to lose it. We don’t have the best track record of keeping dogs to ourselves.” She smiled.

She rubbed Max’s head, “He has been especially clingy lately. I thought it was because we were sick. Maybe he does know.” She thought softly.

“Rocky and Bam don’t care about anything but food and each other. And protecting us from the mailman. That’s the important one.” She rolled her eyes.

“What kind of dog are we getting?” She asked. “I think we are going to need a bigger truck. Well we definitely are actually. I feel like we just got a new car!” She frowned. She just got Jake’s car. She had her sports car. The SUV would run out of space with three baby seats in it.

He made a face. "You're right...I'll probably lose the dog to the twins." Jake sighed a over dramtic sigh. "I just want a dog that will run with me. Or hike up a mountain with me. Is that so much to ask?!"

He smiled at Max. "He's our baby protector for sure. What's Owen going to do if he's the same way with the twins as he's been with him?" He asked her.

He couldn't help but laugh cause that was definitely the girls. "You know they run to the door pretending to attack regardless of who comes in. Both will roll over on their backs for belly rubs though in a heart beat." He shook his head. "They do have the best life."

"Catahoula leopard." He grabbed his phone showing her some photos. "They are really cool looking dogs. But they are extremely energetic. They recommend a good hour at least of vigorous exercise. That's perfect for a run. And if I'm not in training we have the yard he can run and play. They can swim. Great with kids and other dogs. But they are better if you get them as pups to be introduced to everything early." He looked at Adri. "I feel like that another dog and two more kids are a lot."

"Another vehicle...or a new one? I love my truck...There are plenty of SUVs or other type cars with third row seating. I'm NOT driving a mini van don't even suggest it. I'm buying a Tahoe, Pathfinder, Durango...something else before a van. Keep your car. I'll keep my truck and we can get a family vehicle."

“I would love to come back as a French bulldog.” Adri laughed. “All four of these guys have great lives.” She said counting Owen.

“Leopard Dog? Have I made a mistake in allowing you to pick up a puppy.” She teased but was a little hesitant. “That sounds like an insane amount of work daily, but…I trust you. If that’s what you want, then let’s find one.” She told him. “Get my man a puppy!” She shook his shoulder. “But it’s going straight to boarding school. Don’t get too attached too quickly. Or we hire a trainer to come to us in LA if we find one that quickly.”

“Both. We can get rid of the SUV and get a bigger one. I agree no minivans. We look too damn good to be driving around in a mini van.” She smiled.

“What about your baby in the garage? That red one that you barely let me get washed without some serious third degree and scratch checks. We need a bigger garage.” She rubbed her forehead. Thinking about all the things they needed to do was making her stressed.

"I would get lazy and fat as a bulldog. I choose mastiff or lab. They are loved by families but can run and play and have fun." He smiled and watched Owen.

He shook his head. "They call them leopard dogs cause of their spots. That's all. It may take a little time finding a breeder. I want one as a pup. But then I want a trainer to train him with me to fit our lifestyle. I think as long as he starts with it young, it will help. But we do need to have an area for him to run and exercise when he needs it after my runs." Jake thought about it maybe it wasn't the best idea with a baby and a wedding.

He nodded. "We can look at vehicles. We should do that before getting a dog." Jake said softly with a sigh. "We need something we can both drive and both like."

"My car is not going anywhere. It's going to be Owen's one-day." He smiled a little. "I love that car babe. I'll store it somewhere if I have to."

“That better be why.” She chuckled and rubbed her forehead. “Just be prepared for the slight chance of your puppy being stolen by babies.” She told him. Just like Max was stolen from them by Owen. She rubbed Max’s head. “We are going to have some serious jealousy issues if this one only wants to be with the twins.” She said softly.

“For sure. That’ll be the first thing we do when we get back from LA. Find an SUV. And then really find property to build a house. We just lost our guest room. And if they are fraternal then they can only stay together for so long. We need space.”

She rubbed his back, “It doesn’t have to go anywhere. It’s fine where it is, but wouldn’t it be nice to have a detached garage for all your pretty cars?” She asked him.

Back
Top Bottom