Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I doubt it.” She said softly. “They know my relationship with him right now. They’re smart and know better than to get between us at this point. We’ve fought so many times it’s not funny hit never this bad.” She sighed. “He makes my forehead hurt.“ she groaned.

“Thats good.” She said softly. She checked her watched to see if her parents would be up. They had Owen and he got up fairly early but it would be best to wait until after they had breakfast and he was down for his mid morning nap.

“Do you want to tell them or do you want me to tell them?” She asked. “I don’t know what would be easier.”

Jake was a bit worried that Drew would try to ruin his career but it was what it was. It did happen and it was an accident. It wasn't like they had been fighting and he was drunk and just lost his cool. He trusted her though.

He thought it over. "I can do it. I already broke down to my dad. In front of you. Why not them too." He shrugged. It wasn't anything he was ashamed of for feeling awful about it. She was his world and he never wanted to cause her pain. None.

"I think we both should be in the shot. We can use the laptop and call." He told her as his phone rang with the therapist. His eyes looked at Adri before picking it up.

“Awe Baby.” She rubbed his back and kissed him softly. “I love you. Mom loves you. Dad might be a little upset but once we tell him the full story he will see it was truly an accident.” She told him.

“You got this boo!” She told him and kissed both of his cheeks. They would do this and then they would call her parents.

She nodded her head to answering the phone and took a step back but stayed close if he needed her. She knew it would be difficult. It was difficult for her when she opened up to her therapist but it would help in the long run.

Jake understood her parents being a bit upset. "I know. They mean a lot to me too. I love them both. They always been good to me and Owen. Owen loves them so much..." He said softly and shrugged.

He was a little nervous but anxious as he answered the call from the therapist. He explained what had happened and they talked for almost an hour. Once he was done, he hung up and looked at her with a sigh. "I think that went somewhat okay. He advises if it happens again, don't wake me by touching me but maybe get out of the bed and calling my name or calling me on my phone. He also wants to call in some medication that is good for nightmares and PTSD. Also a sleeping medication. Both he said should be cleared though the UFC, so no worries there but he will double check before prescribing them. If we want him to call them in somewhere while on the road he can." He told her and honestly he was starting to feel emotionally drained from everything.

"Are you ready to call your parents?" He asked softly with a sigh and laid back on the bed a moment.

“Sleeping medication?” She repeated softly and took a deep breath. She knew why he was being prescribed sleeping medication, but she didn’t like the idea of them. One too many and you never woke up. Jake wouldn’t do that though, right? He was happy. He just had ptsd. He was fine beyond that.

She nodded her head and grabbed the laptop. She opened the FaceTime app and called herfather first but he didn’t pick up. He never picked up facetimes. Adri figured her mother might be busy putting Owen down but when she called her mother she picked up first ring.

“Hallo!” Adri greeted. “Is O asleep?” She asked.

Maria nodded her head, “Ja. Lass ihn einfach runter.”

“English, mom. She just put him down.” She told Jake.

“You want them both to learn. I speak only German to both.” Maria reasoned.

“We have something we need to tell you. Where is dad?” She asked and held Jake’s hand.

Her eyes light up and she walked over to the couch and sat down next to Richard. “Over the phone, Adrianna? You’ll be home soon. We can wait.” She said excitedly. Now that they knew their was a conversation to be had they wouldn’t patiently wait for them to come home.

Adri looked at Jake, “You want to say or me?” She asked softly.

"I wanted to talk first about the sleeping meds. I don't know how I feel about them. He won't do anything until I let him know." He told her and sat up.

He smiled at her mom and chuckled a little. "She has a little bit of a point." He told her but then he saw her mom's face. She thought it was good news and he could throw up.

"I'm sorry, it's not exactly good news..." He said and took a breath. "So I've been having bad dreams. Last night I had a pretty bad one. I was keeping Adri awake from the movements and everything. She tried to wake me when it got really bad and I don't know exactly how it happened. But when she woke me up, I thought it was my step father as that's what I was dreaming about and my hand mad contact with Adri. I hit her. I didn't know it was her. I feel awful about it."

He looked down and let out a sigh. "I made sure she was okay then went for a run to try to calm down. I couldn't so I called my dad. All I could think of was what if I really hurt her. What if it was Owen and what you two would think of me." His eyes teared up a little.

There was a pause in the other side of the screen and it felt like it went on forever. She let go of Jake’s hand and rubbed his back.

Maria was the first to speak up, “Bist du in Ordnung?”

Adri nodded her head and looked at Jake, “Ich verspreche, es geht mir gut. Ich wäre nicht hier, wenn ich nicht wäre.” She smiled at Jake. “He spoke to a therapist this morning. He’s getting medication cleared right now. We have to talk about some things after this.” She said.

“Are you safe?” Her father asked.

Adri nodded her head. “I feel safe with Jake. I always will. He was sleeping and I pushed him. He reacted to his dream, not to me. I know the stigma of men in his profession but we have all been around Jake. We all know what he’s like. He’s gentle and loving and caring. He knows what it’s like to grow up in an abusive home and he wouldn’t do that to Owen or I.”

Richard nodded and looked at Jake, “And it won’t happen again.” He wasn’t asking. He was telling Jake. He wasn’t accepting another phone call like this no matter what the story behind it was.

The fact she had to explain to them that he was nothing like the abusive home he grew up in was a lot for him to listen to. He looked down a moment. First people thought because he was a fighter it could be easy to be abusive, then tack on the facts of his past. His mind was racing and he was starting to feel numb to everything.

Jake watched them and he could see their concern on their faces and he hated that. What he hated worse is he had no control over what had happened. None. It wasn't like he was drunk and made a mistake but he chose to drink which he was still responsible for. It wasn't like he cheated and was asking for forgiveness. There was nothing he could do about the situation and that seemed worse then anything. So how would he promise that it couldn't and wouldn't happen again. "No sir." He shook his head.

He didn't know what else to say. They were looking at them differently and now were wondering if their daughter was safe with him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry to Adri. I'm sorry to you. I don't want you to worry about thing but you're good parents so you probably will." He looked at Adri and then back at her parents. "I...." He choked up a bit. "I love your daughter more than anything this world besides that little boy. I'd rather get the shit beat out of me for the rest of my live then ever hurt a single hair on her head. I felt awful. I feel awful. I've wanted to throw up. I emailed my therapist right away. I've talked him. There was something about going back to my old house that triggered these nightmares. I wasn't trying to hurt her....I promise you I wasn't." Tears were falling down from his cheeks. "I'm not an abusive person..."

“Boo!” Adri rubbed his back and hugged him into her body. “You’re not like him.” She told him and hugged him tighter. She pulled him back and wiped his eyes. “Hey, look at me. I love you. You’re not like him.” She wiped the fresh tears and kept rubbing his back so he knew she was there for him.

“It won’t happen again.” She told her parents. “We have some things to talk about and then we have some stuff that we need to do before we hit the road. Don’t tell the boys. Jake and I will tell them together.”

“all of them?” Maria asked.

“The ones I can trust.” Adri answered. “We love you. And we will talk soon.” She said before going to hang up.

“My Jacob.” Maria said before Adri could hang up. “I wish I was there to give you a hug. You have been open and honest with us since the beginning. I trust you. I love you. This doesn’t define who you are as a person.it was an accident and if Adrianna says she’s okay, then I believe her. She has no reason to lie.”

Richard nodded his head, “Don’t beat yourself up kid. We love you.” He agreed and that was probably the first time he told Jake he loved him.

Jake felt a little embarrassed that her parents were watching as he fell apart and she held him. He hurt her and she was holding him. But her being there for him was something she absolutely loved about her. He gave her a nod after awhile. When she made him look at her, he did, in her eyes and gave another nod. I love you too." He whispered.

"Thank you for letting me explain, and hearing me out." He told them.

When her mom stopped Adri from hanging up he about fell apart again. "Thanks Mom...that means a lot." He gave a nod. She was right though, he couldn't let this define him and if Adri wasn't okay, she would have told him to fuck off and left hours ago.

Jake looked at Adri when they hung up. "This fucking sucks..." He wiped his eyes.

She closed the laptop and rubbed his cheeks. “It’s going to be okay. They love you.” She said softly. She leaned back in the couch and opened her arms so he could lay on her chest until her felt better. She rubbed his back and put her cheek on the top of his head.

“I love you Boo.” She said softly.

When he felt better and sat up, she rubbed his thigh and bit her lip. “Let’s talk about these meds now.” She said softly. “While we are in this headspace and then we can go about the day.” She said softly.

“I don’t know how I feel about sleeping pills. I think you can get them and we can have them if one night gets really bad, but it shouldn’t be something you take regularly. Everything else might work without the pills. So maybe we try the other meds and if you can’t sleep or it’s too hard for you to sleep you take a sleeping pill.”

When she opened her arms for him, he about melted. She knew exactly what made him feel better and he loved her so much for that. He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled into her chest. With his arms around her, he started to relax a bit. "I love you too babe."

He shook his head. "I'm not struggling to fall asleep though. The only thing would he if I woke up in the night from a nightmare then couldn't fall asleep." He explained and shrugged. "He knew I'm not big on meds. I'm not sure he would have suggested if he didnt think it would help. I say we wait for the sleeping pill until we get home. I only get a couple and see how it effects me and works. If you want, I can have you in charge of my meds."

"I know you're tired. I'm drained. Let's try a nap before I go to the gym."

“I’m afraid that if you take a sleeping pill, you are seduced into a deep sleep that I can’t get you out of. What if that deep sleep is a nightmare? If I can’t wake you up and you keep thrashing, what happens?” She asked softly.

“It’s not like you’re an addict that needs me to monitor your intake. If it helps then that’s great but if it doesn’t then that could be really devastating.” She sighed.

“Those are my thoughts. But if you want to try them out then I will be there and I’ll dump cold water on you if I can’t wake you up.” She smiled.

She let him up and walked with him to the bed. Instead of him being the big spoon she let him lay on her. She didn’t get much sleep but she was helping helping him get sleep.

"That makes sense. I get what you're saying. We can ask the doctor that. Maybe he can explain that yes that could happen or no it can't. I'm willing to ask him about it." He agreed and gave a nod.

Jake gave a nod. "Yeah. And I don't want Owen to see that." He said softly.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm sure that you'd enjoy that way too much. But then remember you're getting your bed wet too." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

He snuggled with her in bed but felt bad she wasn't getting much rest. "Babe...are you sure you don't want to just go home? We can do all this another time. I think you'll sleep better if we are home. I don't want you to feel like you have to help me..."

“We have plenty of bedrooms. We can sleep in a guest bed until our bed dries off.” She smiled.

“of course I have to help you. That’s my job. Or it will be when we take those vows. For better or worst. Sickness and health. Richer or poorer.” She said softly. “Just try to get to some sleep. We only have a couple days left to film and then we will be home.” She said softly.

She did move around so his head was in her lap. She brushed her fingers through his hair until he was asleep and then she checked emails on her phone and did other work on her phone that wouldn’t disturb him.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah okay. Jerk." He teased.

It meant a lot she was willing to stand by him even after what he did. He was struggling with this PTSD and she was being there for him. He gave a nod. "Okay. You know I'd do the same think if it was for you too baby." He smiled and kissed her softly.

Jake ended up getting some sleep and he slept a lot better being so emotionally exhausted. It had been a long few hours. He slept hard and when Adri's phone rang from a Facetime from Maria, he didn't even budge.

“I know Jake.” She said softly and combed his hair back with her fingers. She could feel his body slowly relax until he was asleep and snoring softly. She checked emails and other work on her phone and then braided what she could reach of his hair.

She played games on her phone when half of his hair was braided. She was tired but she couldn’t sleep. She put her head back and closed her eyes but sleep evaded her so she did what she could to pass the time.

When her phone rang she though for sure he would wake up since it was vibrating on his back but he slept through it. She picked up and smiled at her mother. “Hallo mama.” She said softly and flashed Jake asleep on her lap. “What’s up?”

Her mother smiled at Jake asleep on her. "Is he alright? Really alright?" She asked softly before Owen ran over. "Someone wanted to see his mama." She picked him up onto her lap and he could see Adri and he pointed. "Mommy!" He light up and giggled. "Mommy home!"

"No honey she isn't coming home just yet." He stayed and talked to Adri a moment before running off to play.

"Are you really alright?" She asked softly. "You'd tell us if you weren't right?"

“I don’t know.” She said honestly about Jake being okay. “He will be though. I will make sure he is.” She sighed.

“Hi baby.” She smiled. “We will be home soon.” She promised. She listened to him talk about this and that and engaged him in conversation so they could work on new words.

“I’m...” She sighed and thought it over. She looked at Jake to make sure he was still asleep. She spoke in German so if he was awake he wouldn’t understand, “I was afraid at first. I didn’t know if he was awake and if he would do it again. I was relieved when he left to run. I know he didn’t mean it. I know he was asleep but I needed that time away from him.” She said softly.

“Am I awful for that?” She asked. “I’m fine now. I’m okay. I know I’m safe with him. I just couldn’t stop those thoughts.” She wiped her eyes.

She gave a nod. "Well you both aren't in this alone. We are here for him and you." She told her mother.

Owen loved talking even if it was about nothing. He got so excited about his trucks, tools and balls. But just like his dad he had so much energy and just needed to run it off.

Maria talked back to her in German. "Not at all. It's understandable. The whole thing had to be scary not just for you but him too. It may not be a bad thing to talk to him about it. He should know how it made you feel." She explained.

"But you feel okay now? You feel safe? I won't ask again but you know I'm here for you." She told her daughter. "He may be world champion but your dad is retired military." She smiled and winked at her.

She made a face about telling Jake, “He’s so fragile right now. I don’t know if I should tell him.”

Adri nodded her head, “I feel safe. He’s so upset about it and guilty. I know it won’t happen again. We are getting him help. I will talk about it in therapy and we will see where it goes.” She said softly.

She smiled and nodded her head, “I know. Please tell him I’m okay and that I love you both and I wouldn’t lie about my safety or Owen’s safety.”

Maria understood that Jake was fragile. "I never saw him break down like he did today. Even when we told us about Owen, he cried but not like that. That man really hurt him didn't he?"

That was a good response for her. If she was willing to talk about it to a therapist then they could help better than she probably could. "That's a good idea." She explained.

"I will tell him. We just want all of you to be safe and feel safe. If you guys need anything please call. Any time. We are both here for you." She smiled as Owen ran back over and started asking about Daddy.

“I don’t think I’ve seen him cry like that until recently.” Adri said after thinking about it. She cried like that once when she thought they were going to break up but he didn’t cry then.

“I know mom. Be there for him too. He’s needs parents just as much as I do.” She sighed.

“Hi buddy. Daddy is sleeping and what do we do when someone is sleeping?” She asked and owen brought his hand up to his face and made a shhh sounds. “That’s right. We have to be quiet so we don’t wake him up.” She smiled.

“I should go. I need to try and wiggle out from under him and get my laptop. I love you all. Thank you for calling.” She blew them a kiss and hung up the phone. She decided the best way to wiggle out from Jake and tried to replace her body with a pillow and then move. She wondered how he was so deep in his sleep but realized he wasn’t getting any sleep before.

"He isn't one to let just anyone see him like that..." She said softly.

"I'll always be here for him. He's part of the family now. Does his mom know? He mentioned calling his father but his mom is partly to blame for his and Amy's struggles..." She said slightly annoyed.

Maria smiled as she watched Owen. "Alright. Tell mama bye. If Jake wants to see Owen have him call later." She told her and Owen told Adri bye and a mushed together 'love you.' Maria also told her she loved her before hanging up.

Jake was sweating slightly and didn't really budge when she moved him until about a half hour later when he moved to his back before starting to wake up a bit.

“I doubt it. His mom doesn’t want anything to do with his trauma. He tried reaching out and she pushes him away everytime. He wants her in his life but it might come down to cutting her out. His dad is trying to reach out to her though. So who knows.” She shrugged her shoulder.

She could see why he bounced from girl to girl before. He was searching for someone to give him what his mother didn’t when he was younger. Love, attention, safety.

While she was up, Adri ordered room service for Jake. She ate her tacos but since he missed breakfast and would be waking up around his lunch time she thought it was best to order him something before he got too hangry.

She also called the gym and asked the manager if they could come later in the afternoon. That way Jake could shower, put himself in a better mood and then go.

Back
Top Bottom