Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake appreciated his father wanting to protect him now and not have the media turn on him but honestly, if Adri knew the truth about him, he didn't care what others thought. But he got what he was trying to say.

He hoped his dad didn't try to find where they were and meet up. Everything was okay and was going to be okay. It was just going to be a rough road ahead. One he was grateful he had Adri by his side while he traveled down it.

He scoffed. "Not entirely. I mean, I love you. I appreciate you saying you still love me and you kind of understand. But I still feel awful. I probably always will. I never want to hurt you..." He said softly and kissed her shoulder. "I got you chocolate and candy..." He said softly. "Does it still hurt?"

Adri smiled and laced her fingers through his, “It throbs a little bit other than that I’m fine.” She said softly. It was a lie but he was already beating himself up. She didn’t want to make it worst for him.

“I know it was an accident. Trust me you would be here alone if it wasn’t an accident. You’re not him, Boo. You’re such a good man and I hope you can see that.” She said with an honest tone.

“What kind of candy?” She asked. “Fruity Mentos?” She asked. “Can I have one now? I don’t want to move the ice pack, so you have to feed me.” She told him.

She would have to look at it eventually but she was afraid to see it now. She could feel her pulse so she knew it was swelling, she just hoped it didn’t look too bad and would go down soon.

"You suck at lying Adriana Jones." He told her and snuggled closer. "Can I do anything to help?" He asked softly.

It meant a lot to Jake that she said that. He was trying to be a good man, he was. "Thanks babe. You know I'd never do that intentionally right?" He asked softly.

Jake crawled over her and opened the Fruity Mentos. "I won't even steal a strawberry one..." He told her and fed her one and kissed her forehead. "I love you." He then gave her face that he could small little kisses.

“Okay. My head is throbbing and it hurts when I sneeze. But I finally managed to stop sneezing about ten minutes after you left.” She said honestly. “I took a pain pill. I’m just waiting for it to kick in.”

She smiled and squeezed his hand, “Yes, Boo. I know you would never do it intentionally.”

“You better not.” She opened her mouth and happily chewed her fruit candy. “I love you too.”

She pursed her lips for a kiss, “If I still have a headache in twenty four hours, you know I have to go to the hospital right?” She asked. Of course he would. He was always on concussion protocol after a fight, even if he didn’t get hit in the face. She watched him and took all the notes she could about his behavior.

He was glad she was being honest with him and he could imagine it did hurt. "You sneezed?" He wasn't sure what would cause the sneezing except something with the sinuses maybe? He would need to keep an eye on that too he figured.

His hand ran over her head and played with her hair. "I know. I'll take you know if you want me to." He told her. "Your health is the most important thing." It didn't matter what could happen with the media and they would ask both of them what happened and he couldn't lie.

Jake let out a sigh before kissing her cheek and moving to the floor by the bed. He reached up and held his hand out to hold her hand as he laid on the floor.

“Well you hit me on my eye and the top of my nose. Are those classified as deadly weapons?” She asked curiously. “It certainly felt like a deadly weapon. Blunt force trauma or something.” She joked but it was probably too soon for that sort of joking.

“I don’t want to go. I hate hospitals. There so white and sterile.” She shook her head. “The headache will be gone soon enough.” She said softly. “I would say give me a back massage but I don’t want to roll over.”

She finally lifted the ice pack and looked at him. “Babe, the floor? That’s so gross. Please, grab a chair or lay on the couch. Anything but laying on the floor.”

Her eye was red and had a mark over her eyebrow and the bridge of her nose was slightly swollen. The ice stopped it from getting too bad.

"With my training and belt in jiu jitsu belts yes it was deadly weapons. But if I was unconscious when it happens maybe I'm not responsible." He shrugged.

Jake smiled a little. "I'm white but definitely not sterile. Just be honest with me with how you feel baby. I'll take you anytime you want or need it." He told her and kissed her head.

"I can't hold your hand on the couch...Babe...you wanted the Jake Daniels experience. This floor is clean compared to some places I fought in. I also would eat spaghettios from a can. Cold from the fridge. Canned fake meat. I think I'm up to date on my tetanus shot babe." He teased and squeezed her hand.

“I think the real silver lining is the fact that I was punched by a UFC fighter and he didn’t knock me out. Weak!” She teased.

“You can bring the couch over here. You can bench press how much? And you don’t want to pull the couch over?” She asked. “The hotel will get over the remodel. I don’t want you on the floor and I don’t...” She bit her tongue before she could finish and bury herself in a hole.

“Please Boo? Sleeping on a hotel floor can’t be a part of the Drifter experience.” She said softly.

"You calling me and my deadly weapons weak? Or those I've knocked out weak?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Jake looked at her. "I didn't want to mess up the room but okay..." He knew what she was going to say. He looked down again a second before getting up. "I'll just lay down over here. I'll let you get some more sleep." He told her and grabbed a blanket and pillow.

He done up the couch before laying down. He wondered how long this would be a thing. It was hard already and he knew Owen wouldn't like not being able to cuddle with daddy. It made him miss him more.

“The people you knocked out are weak.” She laughed.

Adri was happy he was off the floor. He was beating himself up, telling him that she didn’t want him in the bed wouldn’t help the situation. “I love you Boo. It’s just for a little while. Until we get to Vegas and have a nice big bed to share.” She told him.

She waited for him to get comfortable and then turned off the lights and iced her eyes again. It felt weird knowing Jake was in the room but not in the bed. She tried to get some sleep though.

"I'm glad you clarified." He smiled. It was probably a good sign they could joke a bit.

He gave a nod to it be just until they got home. It still sucked. He was beating himself up. It wasn't in his nature to hurt someone he cared about and lived and he knew he caused her pain and he hated that.

He was nervous to sleep but he was tired. Hell he was exhausted. Those dreams wore him out. He thought about scrolling through his phone but he didnt want the light keeping her up. Luckily before long he had fallen asleep.

This time when Adri fell asleep, she was able to stay asleep for the most part. Anytime she heard a noise that sounded like was in the room, she would wake up but easily fall back asleep when she knew it was okay.

Adri didn’t feel very well rested when she woke up. She had taken the ice pack off at some point during the night. She got out of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

The first thing she did was look at her face. The inside of her eyebrow was a little swollen but that was the only hint of her getting hit the previous night. She couldn’t hide it with make up but it could have been much worst than it was.

It seemed that everything going on wore him out and he actually slept pretty hard. Luckily no more dreams that night. He felt bad he actually got some decent sleep after that.

When she got up though, Jake heard her. "You okay baby?" He called out asking. Hopefully it wouldn't be too late before the therapist called him. There had to be something he could do.

He sat up. "How bad does it look?" He yawned.

“I’m fine.” She said and opened the door. She stood in the doorway and crossed her arms. “The headache is gone. It’s not as swollen as I thought it would be. I’m good.” She answered and rubbed the spot that was swollen.

“I think you should do the tour alone. Has your lawyer called back about the NDA? We can get him...well you can get him to sign it when you are there. Then you send James in later today. He can say he is a YouTube and that’s why he has the camera.” She shrugged her shoulder and walked over to the couch.

she brushed his hair back and smiled down at him, “You seemed to get back to sleep peacefully. Did you sleep well?” She asked. “I kept waking up. So I might nap while you do the tour at the gym.”

Jake watched her. Did she not want go because of her face or something else? He couldn't entirely tell. He still felt awful about it though.

"Okay. Yeah. I can go alone." He gave a nod. "We can always just head home after today and finish filming another time. It's not a big deal. Why don't we do that. We have a good start that I can edit when we get home. Then I have more time to get in contact with people." He suggested.

He grabbed her and pulled her down to his lap and gave her a softly kiss. "I slept alright, yeah." He missed her though and sleeping next to her.

“It is a big deal Boo. We should do it all now.” She told him. “It’s a bigger impact to see it all like this. Driving from place to place from your old house to your new house. Let’s keep going.”

She kissed him back and put her cheek on his forehead. “It feels weird. Having you in the same room but not in the bed with me. Maybe we can do a pillow fort between us. Make some space. I’ll get a bigger room next time too. With a king bed so there’s space.” She rubbed his cheek and closed her eyes.

“this is probably the only alone time we get before you leave. I don’t want to waste it and go home early.”

He gave a nod. She had a point seeing him go from nothing to the life they have now. "You remember my apartment I had when I first hired you?" He asked grinning.

"I'd like that. We can ask the therapist too for suggestions. Was I hurting you before you tried to wake me?" He asked softly rubbing her back. "I don't want to go to the gym until the therapist calls. I'm too antsy to go." He said softly and held her close.

"That's true. Besides going to Nick's for New Years." He gave her a few kisses. "I love you babe."

“Yes?” She smiled and looked into his eyes. “That can’t be the next stop. Can it?” She asked curiously.

She shook her head, “No. You were just keeping me awake. You accidentally kicked me in the chin but it wasn’t hard. It was like you were kicking your legs and hit me.” She explained. “But if we had a bigger bed that wouldn’t happen.”

She nodded her head understandingly, “That’s fine. We should probably wait for the lawyer too.” She shrugged her shoulders and kissed his forehead.

“Yeah. Nicky! It’ll be a fun group outing.“ She smiled. “I love you and everything you are more.” She gave him a kiss on the lips.

"No no. We have a few more stops first but I just remember that first night you stayed over." He smiled. "You and that apartment are part of the journey though." He smiled and kissed her shoulder.

He looked at her confused. "How did I literally kick you in the chin if you were laying down? I know I'm flexible but damn." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"We can order room service. I could so go for some eggs. I want eggs. Are you hungry? You have to be. You didn't eat your tacos." He grabbed his phone to check his email for the lawyer and texted his dad things were okay and thanked him for talking. "I called my dad last night babe. I didn't know who else to call or talk to..." He said softly.

"It will be fun. Not exactly anything for alone time though. I love you too." Jake kissed her back. "Promise you're not mad or disappointed in me?" He asked softly.

Adri nodded her head to her first night hat his apartment. “Yeah. I remember that. I probably shouldn’t appear in the documentary until that moment. Make a grand entrance.” She laughed.

“Shin. My leg. You kicked my leg and then I pushed you awake.” She corrected. “You are flexible.” She smiled and giggled. “I’d love to see some splits again. Might make me feel better.” She winked.

She slid onto the couch and watched him walk around. “I’m not that hungry, no. I’ll eat the tacos later if I get hungry.” She said softly and rubbed the spot on her forehead.

“That’s a good person to talk to for you.” She told him. “Did her help? Make you feel better?” She asked. “I’m not mad.” She promised. “I don’t know what I was feeling but no, I’m not mad.” She shook her head.

He chuckled. "I was a gentleman. I wasn't one to just anyone but for you, it was worth it." He smiled. "No. That's no fun."

"That makes a lot more sense. I can see me hitting your shin. Does that hurt?" He asked and rolled his eyes. "I have to stretch for that one and I don't want to pull a groin."

He grabbed the room service menu and looked if over to decide what he wanted. "You're not hungry?" He asked softly.

Jake nodded. "Yeah. I felt bad waking him up and worrying him but it did help. He's good at that. He is good at deescalating situations. He's calm and keeps things in check." He watched her and nodded. "But disappointed..."

She raised her leg to show him then shin he kicked and shook her head, “Like I said. It wasn’t that bad of a kick. Not even a mark. Which is good because these legs are the real money maker.” She joked.

“Not hungry.” She said again.

“Did he say that or are you thinking that he’s disappointed?” She asked. “I doubt he would say that to you when you are at your peak like that. I can believe he was worried about you. I was too when you went for your run. I don’t know this neighborhood. Didn’t know how I would find you. I guess I would hack into your phone gps and find your location. I’m glad you came back when you did. If I woke up and you weren’t here I would have went looking for you.” She told him.

He rubbed her leg. "You think it's the legs? I mean every inch of you is so fine...Mmmm." He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. "Your ass is nice...really nice. This face..." He grabbed her face and kissed it a few times.

Jake shook his head. "I meant you being disappointed." He said softly.

He grabbed her hand. "I was mad at myself. I was getting so angry and pissed and bad so many thoughts in my head...I had to leave and let that steam off in a healthy way. The hotel gym was closed or I would have just went on a treadmill..."

"I was thinking I'm not going to be able to look at your parents...They think you're safe with me. I was thinking what if it was worse? What if it was Owen. I love waking up by him crawling on me and saying my name. Then I thought your brothers would line up to beat the shit out of me and I felt I deserved it so I wouldn't even fight back."

“Boo, I was annoyed more than anything. I was awake and sleepy. I was annoyed with you for keeping me up. Annoyed with myself for pushing you. There were a lot of things on my side that I shouldn’t have done.” She said softly.

She got up and rubbed his back. “I think we should call and tell them together. My parents I mean. I don’t think the boys need to know. Well, we would probably have to tell Andre and Aidan and Alex. Okay, maybe try to call them. Or we can wait until we get home. And tell everyone together.” She offered.

“if we hide it, it looks worst.” She kissed his chest and put the good side of her face against his chest. She wrapped her arms around him and closed her eyes. “It doesn’t look that bad, does it?” She asked softly.

"It's not your fault though. I honestly don't know if it's anyone's fault. Regardless it was still me but I had no idea..." He said softly.

Jake gave a nod. "Maybe we should tell them soon. Like when we know they are up. I don't want to tell your brothers over the phone or facetime. I want to in person. I think it's better that way...I don't really want them to know I have shit going on." He said softly referring to her brothers. Her parents had a right to know and he respected them enough to tell them. "Do we trust your brothers won't say anything to Drew? Even accidentally?" One slip up would ruin him.

He hugged her and let her tuck under his chin. "No it really doesn't. Honestly it looks like you had sunglasses on and got hit in the face." He told her. "And you barely can see it."

Back
Top Bottom