Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Maria nodded. "Well look, if he needs to talk to a mom let him know I'm here. I know it's not the same but I'm here. If you two are fighting though I'm not picking sides." She giggled trying to lighten the mood. "Maybe within time his mom will come around."

Jake groaned and started to wake up. He noticed Adri wasn't with him so he looked around for her. "Hey. You okay?" He asked and stretched before sitting up and pinching the brim of his nose. "Damn I didn't mean to sleep that hard."

"Did you sleep at all?" He asked looking her over. She was beautiful, he couldn't get over just hot beautiful she was.

Adri smiled at Jake and walked over to the bed. She sat on the edge and rubbed his hair back, “I’m fine. You’re just super hot. So I had to wiggle out from under you.” She touched his cheeks with the back of her hand and kissed his forehead.

“I got some work done.” She told him. “I slept last night and I can sleep on the road when you are finished filming.” She said. “Mom called while you were sleeping. Checking on us. She wanted to remind you that if you need a mom to talk to you can always talk to her.”

She got up and finished an email she was working on. It was so much easier to work on her laptop than it was her cell phone. She closed it and by the time she was done his food was at the door. She brought it to the bed and set it down on the night side table.

“I thought you would be hungry. So I got you the full breakfast.” She says back down on the bed. “And I called the gym and he is cool with you coming in around one so you have a couple hours to chill out.” She told him.

Jake was very grateful that her mom offered to talk and checked in on them. He figured it was more her checking on Adri but it was nice either way. "I may take her up on that sometime." He said softly and gave her a small kiss.

"You ordered me room service? You're amazing. Thank you." Jake really did appreciate it but felt bad she was taking care of him. He should he treating her and making her feel loved. His hand ran though his hair as he sat back.

"Are you still staying here?" He asked. "Instead of going to the gym?" Jake started to eat. "This actually isn't too bad. Want a bite?" He asked softly.

“Yeah. I’m still staying here. I will pack up our stuff and get us ready for the road.” There wasn’t much to pack but she would get what they did unpack and make sure they didn’t leave anything behind.

“I finished my tacos. And got a reminder email that I am contractually obligated to stay around the same size that I am. So I can’t put on too much weight. I probably need to lose some weight.” She rolled her eyes.

“That’s what I get for enjoying Christmas too much. I should have known better.” She groaned.

“Enjoy your breakfast.” She turned the TV on to sports center and handed him the remote.

He gave a nod to her staying there. "Take a nap if you want while I'm gone. I can always pack up when I get back. It shouldn't take long."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Babe, I'm sure your the same size or fairly close. I can always workout with you though if you want. They have a gym here at the hotel."

"We all enjoyed Christmas. I blame your mom and her damn amazing cooking skills. Doesn't she understand our careers make us need to stay healthy?!" He teased before taking a bite of bacon.

When Adri handed him the remote, he grabbed her hand and pulled her down to him and he wrapped his arms around her. "I don't tell you near enough how amazing you are. I am absolutely crazy about you and love you more than anything. I'd be lost without you." Jake was ready for something good for them. She had a rough time with the baby news now his PTSD was showing it's ugly head. "I know that these dreams have to get better and I'm working though that...but this PTSD may always be here...and you're standing next me the whole time and I see that and recognize that and you have no idea what that means to me." He rested his head against hers. "Something good is coming our baby. I can feel it. I don't know what it is but we are going to overcome all of our troubles."

“I’m going to need something to do while you’re gone.” She told him. “I can pack. Don’t worry about it. I might nap when I’m finished.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“I don’t like working out with you. Your workouts are hard.” She pouted. “I’ll be back with my trainer when we get back. I blame her too.” She agreed. “But you can tell her to stop cooking. I’m not saying it to her face.” She smiled. “you might get knocked out. I’ll have to record it and put it on YouTube.” She laughed.

“Hopefully.” She sighed. “We deserve something good, I think.”

Jake gave a nod. "Alright. If you really want to pack...I won't take it from you." He smiled a small smile.

He chuckled. "We don't have to do the same thing. Or I can do mine then help you with yours if you want to get a head start before getting home." He gave a look. "Yeah no, I'm not telling her anything. I don't want her to stop. It's too damn delicious. If she cut the desserts out, she's not entirely that bad and unhealthy of a cook. I'd almost hire her as our chef."

"We do. And we will. We're getting married this next year. Next year is going to be amazing. Let's just embrace it baby." He gave her a small peck.

Adri laughed, “She would love that opportunity I’m sure. She loves to cook, especially for people who will eat nonstop. But if we did that she would want to move in and I don’t think I want to live with my parents again.” She shook her head.

“She really doesn’t make desserts that often. Or she didn’t until you and Owen. We would have to fight for something sweet at Sunday dinner. Or make it ourselves which defeated the point of eating mom’s cooking.”

she smiled and nodded her head, “Yeah. That will be nice. Mrs Daniels. I’ll look into the name changing papers when we get home. That’s going to be a doozy of a process.” She chuckled.

"She can just cook at her house for us once a week. I'm down with a family meal once a week." He told her.

He laughed. "Sounds like us. Our sweets we'd maybe get a pack of Oreos or well the generic cheap ones. Or...those Chips Ahoy. Once in awhile we got those Geebler cookie sandwiches. That's about it. And it was ONLY if it was on sale. Mom didn't really bake unless it was our birthdays."

"Is it really that complicated of a process?" He asked, not really sure how hard it was to do at all.

Jake gave her cheek a kiss before going back to eating the food she ordered for him. "Are you sure you don't want a piece of bacon?" He held a piece up and wiggled at her. "I'm ready to go get the visit at the gym over..."

“Same. We would go all out for Christmas, like we did this year, but sweets were reserved for birthdays. And the occasional super hot summer day ice cream cone.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“I just have to change my entire life Boo.” She laughed. “Social security card, driver’s license, passport, the bank, the title of my car and the house. I have to tell both of our insurances, change my will and voter registration.” She thought it over and nodded her head. “There’s a lot of paperwork. I just want to get it in order so when we are officially married I can file them all at once and get everything back with my new name.”

She shook her head to the bacon and got off the bed. “Good luck Boo. You’ve got this.” She smiled.

"That is a lot. Would our lawyer take care of that? Or at least help you?" He asked softly. "I'm not going lie though, I'm excited to make you a Daniels." He smiled proudly.

After he finished eating, he got up to shower. "I love you. Let me pick the next hotel. I have an idea. One that you may like...a lot." He headed into the bathroom with his phone and turned some music on low to get ready.

He took a while in the shower, the warm water felt nice as he let the music and water kind of drown everything else out. After he was finished, he got out, dried off and headed out to grab clothes with the towel around him.

“I will ask her to get the paperwork for me but I can fill it out myself and give it back to them. They can figure out which order to send it in since a lot of those files need the same paper work.” She said.

“Love you. Oh really? What city are we stopping in next?” She asked curiously. “And will we get there tonight?”

While Jake was in the shower, Adri got some clothes out for him. He could choose what he wanted to wear and then she would pack it. She put his dishes back on the tray and got them ready for the cleaning crew to take away. It really wouldn’t take long to pack everything back up since all they had were duffel bags and hardly touched them. she could work and take a shower. Maybe take a nap while he was out.

Jake gave her a nod. "Sounds good. I want to see all of it with my last name. I'm excited. That means you're officially my wife!" He gave a cheesy grin.

He smiled. "Ogden, Utah. It's absolutely gorgeous. You may want to not go home. But it's freezing there and may actually be a bit crowded. It's a big skiing town. I Had a fight up there though. I liked it so much I stayed for three months..." He shrugged. "The gyms aren't anything special though."

She had his clothes laid out and he smiled at her. "Thank you babe." He grabbed which he liked and started to get dressed in jeans, a tshirt with a light thin hoodie over and grabbed his leather jacket. Since he was meeting with the manager and presenting paperwork, he felt he should look a bit better than his normal athletic wardrobe.

After grabbing his keys, watch, and wallet he walked over to Adri. "I'll be back in a bit baby. I love you." He kissed her softly followed by a few pecks. "Maybe don't shower..." He suggested and shrugged with a smile.

Adri laughed, “So we are going down there to look at the mountains?” She asked. “Or ski? Do we have time to ski and make it back home before the thirty-first?” She wondered. “Eh, it’s probably best if we don’t. Don’t want to get hurt and ruin New Years with Nicky.”

She nodded her head and watched him get dressed. ”Are you going to be warm enough in that?” She asked when he put on his leather jacket.

“I’m showering because we need to hit the road.” She told him. “We are running out of time.Go get that footage and come back.” She kissed his cheek and patted his butt. She closed and locked the door behind him.

"No I'm showing you where I started to really started to get a following. It was Utah." He told her. "Yeah I don't think skiing is the best idea right now. But I promise you'll love it there. They have a few good bars and restaurants too." He smiled.

Jake looked at her a bit confused. "Babe, I grew up in Denver. Where I would walk to school in shorts and a hoodie in six inches of snow. Not because I didn't have pants but it was just what we did. When it started to warm up even if there was still snow we got the shorts out. Mom's rule was if it's warm enough to wear shorts then it's warm enough to walk to school so I had to walk." He smiled. "I'll be fine. You. You'd freeze."

He went to the gym with the legal documents and had the NDAs signed and also discussed action needing to be taken about using his name in the gym. He then filmed a bit but it didn't have the vibe he had when he was there. They just wanted to turn a profit. When he was there, it was to make athletes lives better.

Back in the truck, he turned the camera on himself. He didn't know if he would use this next bit but he needed to say it. "I remember coming in this gym, living away from home in a dodgy part of town and just wanting to better my life. My goal was to be better than the day before. One extra mile. One extra rep. Whatever it took. My trainers they pushed that out of me. It wasn't about a new juice or making more money. They saw greatness in me and they were pulling it out. When I open my gym that's what I want to stand for. Making others a bit better every day." He shut it off before heading back to the hotel.

The entire drive back he only thought about his old house and tearing it down to build a gym or fitness space for neighborhood youth.

“Sounds about white.” She laughed. “That sounds insane. You know that right? We aren’t doing that to owen. He’s in pants if there’s snow on the ground and a big jacket if it’s needed.” She told him.

While Jake was gone she packed up their duffel bags. She took a shower and got dressed. She tried to get some work done but kept getting distracted thinking about Jake. She kept rubbing that spot on her forehead. She could feel it getting smaller but it was there.

By the time Jake came back, their bags were by the door and all they had to do was take the bags and leave.

"Insane on who's part? Mine or my mom? I agree my mom. Sometimes it got warmer and you just wanted to wear shorts. That's not insane. The fact her little rule didn't stop be and I still worn them and walked to school...eh maybe slightly insane. If we have snow on the ground in Vegas babe he isn't going to school. They will shut down." He laughed.

John texted Adri while Jake was gone to check on her and make sure she was okay. He didn't want to interrupt anything, that's why he texted instead of called. He also asked how filming was going.

Jake came back a bit annoyed with gym but ready to head to the next place. "Hey baby. Are you about ready to head out?" He asked and sat on the foot of the bed.

“Both. Six inches of snow and you’re in shorts like it’s nothing. That’s crazy.” She told him.

Adri didn’t get his text until way later but she did reply and told him the same thing she told her mother. She had an easy time telling their parents but telling her brothers would be a whole other obstacle to get through. it made her stomach knot.

“I’m ready.” She told him and came out of the bathroom with her make up freshly applied. “We are checked out. Just have to turn in the key and we can go.” She said. She smiled at him and put her lipstick in her purse.

“How did it go?” She asked.

He shrugged. "It was a warmer day and it was melting." He smiled.

John told her if either of them needed anything, day or night, not to hesitate calling. He cared about both of them and it was hard not being there and seeing for himself that everything was alright.

He smiled when she came out and got up grabbing the bags, letting her just take the keys. "It went alright. I can tell they just want a profit. They don't care about anyone in that gym that can't make them money. That's sad. I don't want my gym to be like that." He headed out with her, letting her stop at the front desk as he went to load their bags up in the car. He was feeling a bit better about the night before but things...seemed different between them. Or at least he felt that way.

When she got out to the truck, he opened the door for her and gave her butt a playful pat with a smile.

“Are you going to take action against them?” She asked. He didn’t have to sue right away. He could threaten a lawsuit if they didn’t stop. She looked over the room once more and then followed him out. She handed the key in and she walked out to the truck.

She smiled at Jake and got into the truck. She rubbed her hands together and held them in front of the heater. “It’s freezing outside.” She told him. “No more crop tops under the puffy jacket. I thought it would be cute.” She told him.

“I’m ready for Utah.” She said excitedly.

"I told them they had time to get my name off stuff. I don't want them using my name to try to make money. If they don't top they will have a lawsuit. I was quite clear about that." He told her.

He chuckled as he got in. "I should make you walk for a crop top. It's no different than shorts Adri..." He teased and smiled turning the heat up and turned on the heated seats for her. "There ya go babe..."

Jake took off heading to Utah. A while down the road he glanced over at her. "So there is a bar coming up, I got kicked out for hustling some guys out of their money. They then wanted to kick my ass. I had to run the hell out of there quick because I had a fight coming up so I couldn't get in trouble. That's when I headed to Ogden and got a fight there. I had seriously did my fight over here and a month later had one in Ogden. Luckily I won it quick or I could have lost the Ogden one."

“That’s good. And in two months you send Jimmy down there to test them and if he says they’re still using your name you sue. It works out.” She said.

“It is different!” She argued. “I have this huge coat on and I’m still cold. I’m not walking around with my skin out. I’m covered. This cold air is killer.” She sighed. She was happy to have her white Christmas though.

She listened to his story with her eyebrows raised. “So you’ve always been a trouble maker?” She teased and and held his hand as he drove. She closed her eyes so could try to sleep but remembered.

“Your dad called. He’s still in Vegas. He said we can call whenever and if you need him he will come wherever you are.”

"Yeah. It's nice to have him around to check in on them. Now we have each other's info we can stay in touch better. I feel bad about losing touch with him. He's a good guy." He smiled.

He laughed. "Well I mean I had underwear on under my shorts so that counts too as being different." He chuckled. "You get used to it babe. It's just cause you're going from Vegas to here then back to Vegas." He smiled and glanced over at her. "We can have you some ice baths to get used to the cold."

"I guess you could say that. A bit of a trouble maker. But I also made money by hustling those guys. When you're poor you get creative." He smiled and chuckled. "We used to be so poor that looking back the things I did now would make me cringe. Like we used bread as buns. I've used ketchup as spaghetti sauce." He chuckled and shrugged.

Jake looked out the window and smile faded a bit. "Okay. Thanks." Jake didn't want his dad to have to come anywhere they were. It would be okay. He would be okay. But that awkward feeling quickly came back...

“I’m glad he was still there. His little girl was cute. He seems to have made a life for himself.” She smiled.

“Oh god. That sounds awful.” She laughed. “I couldn’t put my hand in the water the last time you took an ice bath. I hate being cold. I would much rather be in the hot Vegas summer heat. It does get cold in the winter though. That’s probably as cold as I can handle.” She said.

“I think everyone has used bread as buns. That’s not the worst thing in the world. Ketchup for spaghetti sauce is a little different though.” She squeezed his hand.

She looked at him and sighed, “I know it’s tough. He’s just saying he’s here for you.” She said softly.

He gave a nod. "Yeah I'm glad. He's a good guy. He was just hustling like I was to make it."

"Baby...that is not cold. We have to take the kids to Denver a lot to not be a wimp to the colder weather like you..." He teased. "I hate those ice baths too but they really are good for recovery."

"Okay, I'll give you the buns. But what about orange juice or coffee creamer for milk? And in orange juice...Sunny D." He shook his head. "Fruit loops or off brand and Oj isn't awful." He explained.

He gave a nod. "Yeah. I know." His hand ran over his head and he pulled his beanie off and played with his hair a bit as he drove. "Try to get some sleep."

Back
Top Bottom