Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“He can learn it. He will learn. My mom speaks German to him when they are alone. He loves it.” She smiled. “He probably all knows more German than you do.” she teased.

“Nothing that isn’t true.” She said. “You need that. I won’t always be there.” She laughed.

“You said you love me more than any other woman. Which is true. Or better be true.” She gave him a warning look and smiled.

He gave her a look. "Shut up! Jerk." He nudged her.

He laughed. "That's fair. I can use it in LA when you are gone. I'll come back a pro."

Jake smiled at her and said it again, missing a word, then mispronouncing another word but mostly got it. "It's absolutely true. I've loved you long time..." He smiled and chuckled. "I'll have to take my dual time watch you got me when you were traveling so much so I had both times. I'll need that when you travel to Germany. You better bring back something fun from there." He gave her a look. "Like some German alcohol or something."

He directed her where to go off the highway and they soon pulled up outside the building he had his very first fight. Jake was recording as they pulled. "Well babe, this is it. Doesn't look like much does it?" He laughed.

She laughed when he tried saying it again and prompted him through it.

She smiled, “Oh I’m bringing something back for you. Most definitely. I’m going to love it.” She told him. “Matching lederhosen and dirndl. We are going to take family photos. It would be easier if you were with us but if I have your measurements I can have one made and give it to my mom if it needs alterations.” She clapped her hands.

“I’ll get you a cuckoo clock and beer Stein too.”

She looked at the building and raised her eyebrows, “You have certainly come a very long way.” She agreed.

"I can live with those items. I'm okay with that. Maybe get a tshirt or something too. Or a hoodie to wear to the gym to train." He suggested and shrugged. "You know what I like."

The building was a brick building with a little entrance and tall windows. "They may not even have it set up for a fight. They have weddings here too!" He laughed and shook his head putting his beanie on and getting out of the truck. Once Adri was out, he handed the camera over to her.

"It is crazy to be here. I remember being here the first time. I was so nervous. I felt like I could puke. I never did but I was that nervous." He told her and pointed around to the parking lot. "This is where the guy ran to lose weight. That had to have been a lot of laps." He laughed.

He headed inside with her. There was a little entry way before there were double doors to go into the main hall. "They took your tickets here or you bought one here if you didn't have one. Then you came in here..." He walked into this big empty room. "The bar is over there and we entered there. The cage was here in the middle..." He looked around a bit.

A guy walked in, he was a little heavier set, bald. "Jake Daniels! How the hell are you man?!" He smiled and walked over chuckling.

"Chris. Hey man." He shook his hand and did the half hug. "This is my fiance Adriana. Babe this is Chris, he is ahead of the club."

“Why didn’t you tell me?! We could have gotten married here.” She told him. She took the camera and filmed Jake.

She listened to him point stuff and would turn the camera when he pointed certain places. She was smiling as he spoke. It was nice seeing this side of him. It was something she hadn’t seen in him before. He had a different type of spark in his eye.

“Hi how are you?” She hugged Chris and took a step back so Jake could do his thing.

“Jake was just giving me the layout of the place. How it used to be set up.” She said.

He gave her a look. "No...You would have never went for it. Miss...I want a castle." He teased. "If we didn't meet how we did, and let's say I still lived in Denver...would you have given me the time of day?" Jake asked honestly.

Chris smiled and gave Adri a hug. "I'm good thanks. Oh yeah? You'll have to come back for a fight sometime. Be our VIP guests. We can sell and raffle off meet and greets for you guys." He suggested. Jake was game.

"It blows my mind I was getting ready in the kitchen here and now I have a locker room for my entire team." Jake said smiling.

"Your coach came to me that first time and said he had this young guy with potential so I gave you a fight. After that first fight...it was no mistaking you had talent. You have an eye for what your opponent is going to do next. You stick to game plan but if things go crazy you just ground and pound." He chuckled.

Jake smiled and gave a nod. "When all else fails just kick ass." He chuckled. "Adri may want to get some one on one interview action going on with you for the documentary. Are you open to that?"

“Honestly probably not because I would have never come to Denver.” She said. “Now if we were at a bar together and you walked over and asked for my number...I would have sat at the bar with you and talked to you for a little while to get a feel for you. Take it from there. That’s how I met the guy before you and the one before him.”

Once they had his approval, she let him pick the spot he wanted to be in and she pulled out her phone. She had a series of questions written down in her notes that she asked him so Jake had options when it came down to editing. He could pick which questions he liked the most.

“Any chance you have a video of his first fight?” She asked curiously when she finished her questions. “Can we make a copy for the film? That would be cool to watch too.”

"Right. And I never would have been to Vegas for anything. But it's nice to know if we were at the same place at the same time and I hit on you that you wouldn't entirely throw me away." He smiled. "Plus I have good pickup line skills."

Chris answered the questions and when Adri asked if he had a recording of his fights he smiled. "I do. We record all the events. I'm glad he emailed me ahead of time cause I had to look for them on dvd but I put them all on a disc for you. The first isn't the best quality we updated our camera since then so the other two are better."

He also brought posters of Jake's main event. "Babe look at me. I'm so scrawny." He laughed at himself.

“It’s not the pickup lines that would have won me over.” She laughed. “It’s that ass!” She smacked his butt playfully and kissed his cheek.

“I get to see baby Jake?!” She smiled happily. “I mean I’ve seen his baby pictures but I have never seen him at the start of it all. So this will be interesting.” She turned the camera to Jake, “Are you going to be hard on yourself when we watch it?”

She looked at the posters and got a full shot of them. “Wow. Okay. You’re almost...” she titled her head. “It’s so weird seeing that because it’s you but it’s so not you at the same time.” She chuckled.

“You look good both ways. Skinny and muscular. It’s a bit of a shock.”

He stuck his butt out as she mentioned it with a smile. "Yes babe, I know. You wouldn't even listen to what I had to say you'd be drooling over my ass. I know."

Jake smiled a little when she asked if he'd be hard on younger version of himself. "Yeah, probably, but who knows, maybe I'll see something good that worked and use it in the future." He shrugged at the possibilities.

"Well thank you. I probably won't go skinny. I bulked up. Even if I cut weight or go down a class, I won't be skinny." He told her. "I wish these photos showed my legs...look at my legs now...Well, my back too...shit all of me."

"I do think my face looks too thin though, my neck too." He said accessing himself. Truth was, he didn't like who he was then so it all was wrong in his mind.

Chris smiled, "You're doing good for yourself Jake. I'm not going to lie, I brag that I gave you your start." Jake didn't mind at all. It wasn't wrong and for that he would always be grateful of Chris and him giving him a chance.

Adri laughed, “You’re already being hard on yourself. Stop.” She told him. “I see a young guy with a lot of ambition. He was ready to take on the world and look at where he is now.” She looked at him and not through the camera.

She actually looked at him, “That kid had nothing going for him and he made something of himself. That is someone you should be proud of. He turned into the man I love.” She smiled.

“I was promised tacos for lunch. I would love it if you joined us and told me all about how Jake was a bratty snot nosed fighter with a head too big for his shoulders. I need a story like that for this documentary.”

Jake smiled and looked at her. She was right, he wanted to make something of himself and had that drive and ambition. "I was a kid with no real plan. I just wanted to get to the point I could win money. Honestly, that's where it started. I wanted money to support myself but then I ended being pretty good." Maybe he learned something while he got knocked around himself.

"I am proud of that guy." Jake pointed to the first poster. "That guy was scared shitless. He had no idea what he was doing. He hardly had any money. Hell he was sleeping on his ex girlfriend's couch and drove here for the fight. But once he won, there was no looking back." Jake grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

Chris smiled and gave a nod. "I'll never turn down tacos but I can't say anything about him being bratty. He honestly was over ambitious." He motioned for the door for them to head out to walk to get the tacos. "He wanted any fight I'd give him. Even out of his weight class. He had to have gotten the crap beat out of him more than some guys just because he wanted to get more fights under his belt to get to the money payouts." He told Adri as they walked.

“I’m proud of that guy. I’m happy for that guy. For everything he has accomplished. And created.”
She rubbed his cheek and smiled at him. “Damn you’re handsome.” She pinched his chin. It was appealing watching him talk about himself and be proud of himself. That was why she loved him.

“Yeah, I need some of those videos too. Jake getting his ass handed to him. I have seen some scary fights with Jake but nothing like that.”

She looked at Jake, “Are you ready to get tacos or do you want to find something? Maybe a tour of the place before we go. The kitchen that he used to train in. I want a few promotional shots too.”

Jake smiled proudly. "Thanks babe." He was glad she was proud of how far he had come. It was hard work. Nothing came easy to him. He nipped at her fingers after she pinched his cheek.

Chris smiled and gave a nod. "He would never stay down. He'd get hit and jump up and keep going. He was like an Energizer Bunny." Jake rolled his eyes but smiled. "My trainer always said if I was still awake and breathing you get back up." He shrugged. "So I do."

"We can walk around and let you check it all out." He told her and gave her the tour of the place. When he got to the kitchen he looked around. "Imagine every fighter getting ready back here. So we got ready right next to the dude we are gonna go up against. It was weird, but it worked." He smiled.

“Energized Bunny, huh? That should have been your nickname. Jake ‘The Energizer Bunny’ Daniels.” She laughed. “That’s cute.” She smiled.

she enjoyed the tour around the building. It didn’t take very long but it was nice. She looked around the kitchen and back at Jake, “Yeah this is totally different than what you are used to now.” She said.

“How does it feel to be back?” She asked him. “How old were you when you were here? What would you tell baby Jake? Getting ready for his first semi-pro fight?

Jake shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Yeah no. I'm good with Drifter." He smiled and nudged her. "Jerk."

"They wouldn't have let you back here. I could actually stay and watch the other fights at the beginning of the card. Then I could come back and get ready if I was towards the end or the Main Event." He explained. "But I was too nervous and wanted to be focused to ever really watch much of the other fights." He explained.

He looked around a bit as she asked him questions. "It feels a little weird. A little surreal. That this is where it all started. When I had my first fight here I was 19." He gave a nod. "Baby Jake? Like baby me? Or 19 year old me? 19 year old me I would tell myself...just keep fighting. Literally. Don't give up. It will all be worth it eventually. I'd also tell myself to trust my trainers and training."

"How old were you when I was 19? What were you doing then?" He asked softly with a small smile.

"I feel like you're like that now. You are super focused on what you have to do all day. You just workout and listen to music. But you always do that when you ahve a lot on your mind. You just draw in on yourself." She said.

"19 year old you. Sorry, he looks like a baby to me. I am so used to seeing grown man sexy Jake." She smiled.

She laughed, "When you were nineteen, I was fourteen. So...I was a sophomore in high school. Probably crushing hard on one of my older brother's basketball playing friends. But I was the theatre nerd, so I wasn't getting any attention from athletes." She told him the truth and shrugged her shoulder. "I'm just saying. We were in different worlds."

She reached out and rubbed his cheek. "It's okay, I ended up with the right person and while I was in school you were working for our future."

"I am. I just have to get in the right mindset. It takes time. It's hard to explain."

Jake gave her a look. "19 year old me wasn't grown man sexy?" He raised an eyebrow.

"The age difference is weirder when we were that young." He shrugged. "If we were closer in age and you went to my school, I would have hit on you. I wasn't one of those jocks who only went out with cheerleaders. I actually was one of those friends with everyone kind of jocks. Then I became good at fighting then that's when I became an asshole."

He gave a nod. "I was. I was going to tell my 19 year old self that I will marry a Victoria Secret and Sports Illustrated model some day. Just not the one I thought I would in high school." He laughed and gave her a quick kiss. "Love you beautiful."

Adri thought about it and made a face, “19 year old Jake was young man sexy. Different type of sexy.” She told him.

“A little strange but we won’t talk about it ever again.” She promised. “I don’t know. High school me was very picky, I’m not going to lie. You’re kind of the opposite of what high school me liked.” She told him and raised his hand. She rubbed his skin and gave him a tight smile.

She frowned, “Wait. Who did you think you would marry in high school?” She asked curiously. “Do we need to have a conversation off camera?”

"As long as it's still sexy, I don't care the type of sexy to be honest there babe." He smiled but understood. Features were different. He was more muscular and bigger in different areas. Others were more defined.

He wasn't entirely sure what she was saying but he thought he could figure it out. "I see. I would have at least tried flirting with you...Younger high school Adri was cute."

"I meant the models I had up in my room isn't the one I'm marrying. You don't want to know what models I liked in high school." He shook his head. "Some things are better when you don't know...It only matters who I know I'm marrying now." He smiled proudly.

“She was very cute.” She agreed.

She frowned even more and wondered what models he had up in his room. She didn’t see any posters when she was in his room. She eyed Jake and let it go. “I’ll let you have this one. I suppose.”

She asked him a couple more questions and then put the camera away. “Taco time?” She asked and put her arms around him. She gave him a kiss, “You’re so strong gettin through this. Love you.”

"She still is. Cute. Gorgeous. Sexy. Beautiful. All of the above." He smiled and kissed her softly.

He smiled and chuckled and wrapped his arm around her. "None of them have anything on you babe. I love you."

"Yes. I'm starving. I'm telling you, these tacos are the best." He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thanks babe. It means a lot. I'm glad you're here with me. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else." Chris went with them as they started walking out towards the taco stand. "I would have cried if this stand moved from it's spot." He laughed a little.

"It's probably a good thing it wasn't this close to my club and just where the events were or none of my fighters would have made weight." Chris laughed.

"Babe...this why I love my Chipotle after the fight. After my first win I had these tacos." He smiled proudly and order four for himself.

“Then why is chipotle catering the reception? We should have got this taco place.” She told him and walked into the building with him. She looked at the menu and tried to decide.

“I am glad I don’t have to make weight or care about anything for the moment.” She smiled. “I think I’ll get steak tacos. Three of them. And the spicy taco sauce.”

She picked a nice table for them to use and set the camera up so she could film the whole table while they are. Maybe there were some good stories and she didn’t want to miss them.

"Because I doubt they could cover a wedding of our caliber." He said softly. "It's just a taco stand..." He explained and shrugged. "And I never thought of it. Plus Chipotle is our thing."

Steak did sound good but he always got chicken and didn't want to switch it up now. Jake paid for Chris and both of their tacos and drinks before going to sit with Adri.

"They will bring them out." He explained as Chris sat down and asked the plan for the documentary. Jake explained he wanted to tell his story from the beginning and help someone. Besides those three fights, that's all he knew of Jake. Yes he followed him since those fights but it was different than his few fights with him.

Chris did share a story of a few other fighters that were comical, like when one crapped himself.

She smiled, “Okay. That’s true. I will get you these tacos for your bachelor party or something.” She promised.

She sat with Jake and Chris and listened to their stories. She put her hand on Jake’s thigh in a comforting gesture as they waited for their tacos. There was a sparkle in her eye as she listened to Jake speak. He was so handsome.

When their tacos arrived she rubbed her hands together happily. “Oh yeah, Boo. You are going to have a happy fiancé.” She smiled and picked up the lime slice and sprayed it across her tacos and then put the spicy sauce on top before taking her first bite.

Back
Top Bottom