Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He just smiled at her a moment. She was so beautiful. "You're bringing in tacos from Colorado for my bachelor party?! Okay. I'm down. I'm waiting to after a fight for the party so I can eat and drink anything I want." Knowing his luck he'd have had a fight he needed to train for.

Jake noticed how she was looking at him and also how she just listened. She was genuinely interested in his life. This part of him she had never met or not really knew a lot about. His hand rested on her leg under the table.

"Happy wife happy life. I'm no dummy." He did the same with his lime and sauce. Jake took a few bites.

Chris shook his head. "I never really saw you with the screaming fans. You were always a bit of a loner but then you started winning and the girls caught on real quick. I'm glad you finally found your person." He told Jake who smiled at Adri.

"I did find my person. Well she may have found me first on a technicality but she's pretty amazing. Plus she's great to look at. Amazing mother to our baby boy. I'm one lucky guy." He smiled and wrapped his arm around Adri for a squeeze before going to back to eating.

“I was his assistant for a year. So I know all about those girls.” She laughed. “His house was off limits after fights and I couldn’t go to his house until the afternoon because by then the girl should be gone. I only had to wake the girl up and get her out of the house like once or twice.” She could laugh about it now but damn it was annoying then.

“What a difference two years can make.” She shook her head and ate her taco.

“I think we need tacos for the road.” She told Jake. “I don’t know what it is about them but these things are good.” She smiled. “Good call.”

Jake ate and shrugged. "Would you want to leave after a night of fun with me?" He shook his head. "Nope. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't." After fights he would party way too hard and it got him into too much trouble.

"It's been awhile since we went out to the clubs after a fight. Parent life..." He laughed a little. They normally would just go home and relax. Part of it was Jake also matured and he didn't want Adri to have to babysit him.

He agreed with a mouth full of food. "I'm down. Let's do it. I told you we would eat wonderfully on this trip." He chuckled. "Should we get eight of them?" He asked with a smile. "We probably should order them and get back on the road. We have another stop today yet.

Adri shook her head to his answer, “I have no comment.” She laughed.

“Parent life?” She laughed. “No you’re just old now. I still have some good club years on me. You’re an old man. I can’t keep you out past your bedtime. You’ll get grumpy.” She teased.

Adri ordered more tacos for the both of them. She sat down at the table while they cooked and put her head on Jake’s shoulder. “Thank you so much for coming out Chris. It means a lot to us.” She smiled.

“Next time you have a fight and we are in town I’m sure we will stop by.” She smiled. “I might find my next husband.” She joked and rubbed Jake’s back.

Jake gave her a look. The comments he could make but because Chris was there he didn't. He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Oh whatever. We were out late last night. We didn't have Owen. It made it easier. I also wasn't in pain from my elbow being broken or needing stitches. That too makes a difference." He explained and stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah, thanks man. It means a lot. I'll make sure to credit you and the club so hopefully that brings some extra business your way." He smiled. "And yeah we will definitely come to a fight sometime we are around." Jake gave Adri another look. "Really?! Your NEXT husband?"

"You both are very welcome. It's been fun. I can't wait to see the documentary. It will be good I'm sure." He told them and got up. "I do need to get going though. It was a pleasure meeting you." He told Adri. "Jake, always a pleasure man." He shook his hand before heading out.

Adri shrugged her shoulder, “You never know. I have to keep my options open.” She smiled at Jake and pinched his chin. “You have taco sauce on the corner of your mouth.” She told him.

After saying good bye to Chris, they didn’t have to wait long for the tacos to come out. There was limes and and sauce in the box. They were set to go. Adri used the bathroom and then she was ready for the raid. She grabbed the camera and turned it off so they could go.

“So what’s next? The motel you used to stay right?” She asked and laced her fingers through his.

He just stared at her a moment. "There's only one option. The best option. And you already said yes." He told her before making a goofy face and then wiping his mouth.

Jake too used the bathroom before heading out to the truck. "It wasn't a hotel. This was an apartment but yes, I'm stopping there first then we have the next gym I trained at and then the arena we fought at." He told her. "Our laptop can play that dvd right?"

He opened the door for her and gave her butt a pat before heading to the driver side. Getting in, he turned on some country music. "Just for a little until we get our of Denver. I actually think you may like some..." He held her hand, caressing it with his thumb.

She smiled and nodded her head, “You are a pretty damn good option.” She listened and nodded her head, “Okay. How far is it from here?” She asked. “Yes your laptop can play DVDs.”

She frowned when he went to the passenger’s side. “What if I want to drive?” She asked. “Fine.” She grumbled as she got in.

She looked at the radio and then at Jake, “It better be good. That Uh...what’s his face song. Gotta a little boom in my big truck...gonna do something something...gonna watch you make me fall in love.” She sang but didn’t know the words off the top of her head. “Who sings that? Let’s listen to that song. I do like that song.”

Jake gave her a peck. "The only option. The option that can kick anyone else's ass. Remember that. If we ever get divorced I'm gonna be in your life forever cause of Owen so just remember your ex husband can kick your new dudes ass. So may as just stay with me forever. It's less trouble that way for everyone." He chuckled a little but they had been through so much, he couldn't imagine anything coming between them now.

He checked the gps on his phone for time. "An hourish." He told her before he started to drive.

"That's uh...Luke Bryan." He handed his phone to her to put it on. The song after that one, was a 'Weekend' by Brantley Gilbert. After that was Jason Aldean's 'You Make It Easy.' Jake song along to both. The Jason Aldean song was basically singing it to Adri.

She laughed at his warning and nodded her head, “Okay. I’ll keep that in mind.” She kissed the back of his hand and smiled at him.

She filmed while he drove, she got some video of the drive and of some him singing and laughing. She did flip itaround to check herself out before filming some more of the drive and then putting the camera away.

While he was distracted driving she checked her emails and found some sketches for possible wedding dresses. She had to go to the wedding fashion show for inspiration for her ceremony gown but she knew what she wanted in a reception dress.

“Is it still a no on the German castle?” She asked curiously. “What about a French chateau?” She smiled.

Jake chuckled and shook his head. "No. No on the castle. No on the French chateau." He told her with a smile.

He continued to listen to the music playing as she looked at her emails. It was weird how well he remembered the places as they drove. A few good eating places were pointed out to her when she was paying attention.

But it didn't seem very long to him at all before he pulled up to an old brick apartment building. Part of him was shocked the place was still standing but it was definitely in a seedy part of town. "Do not put this in the documentary but if you need any kind of drugs, two blocks south. A guy who lived across the hall, it was his spot. He would always ask if I wanted anything." He shrugged. "And then three blocks east is the liquor store. And a block past that is the grocery store. I got my workout in by walking home with all my groceries." He smiled.

"Should we head in?" He asked eagerly. "We should probably wait to film until we get some sort of okay from someone who lives here... The outside should be okay."

She laughed about the drug dealer until she realized he was being serious, “Oh.” She said softly and looked towards where he pointed as if the drug dealer would randomly appear beside them. “And do you? Ever try? If this was before you were pro, you weren’t being drug tested were you?” She asked curiously but was not filming.

She hid her purse in the cramped back seat and picked up the camera. She turned it on but pointed it down when he said to be careful about filming.

“What floor did you stay on?” She asked and filmed the side of the building. “What were your neighbors like?”

Jake chuckled at her 'Oh,' it was adorable. "No. I didn't want to hinder my chances of getting far fighting. The guy said he could get steroids but I didn't know how it would effect me so I didn't ever want to try it. I did smoke week sometimes. But that was it. I don't even know if I'd consider it a drug. It was only while I stayed there to relieve some stress and once after fight for pain."

He walked inside with her. "I was on the third floor. My neighbors would get annoyed because I'd run up and down the stairs for a workout. There was a sweet old lady who lived on the first floor. Mrs. Wilson. But she was the hardest old lady I knew. She packed a gun in purse and she would tell you off. But if she liked you she'd bake you cookies. She made me lots of cookies." He smiled. "If I was in a bar fight got to pick teams, I'd pick her for my team." He smiled.

"There was a young couple that stayed to themselves also on the first floor. They weren't exactly rude but didn't go out of their way to be nice either. I just kind of stayed to myself then too when it came to them. Then the second floor was a young woman who was a bit flirty from time to time but that was about it. And then two guys shared an apartment on the second floor. I couldn't tell if they were gay or not. They may have been just good friends. Not sure." He shrugged. "Nice guys though. Really nice guys."

He pointed out to who lived where and he couldn't help but knock on Mrs. Wilson's door but a younger woman answered. "Hi...I used to live in this building. I was looking for the woman who used to live here...Mrs. Wilson. Rita..."

"Oh yeah...I think she passed...I think that's what the family said." The woman said softly. "I'm sorry." She said shutting the door.

"Oh..." Jake's face fell a bit. "Thanks..." He turned and looked at Adri, "Well that didn't turn out how I had hoped." He let out a sigh.

She rolled her eyes when he said an old lady ga e him cookies. With a face a sweet and innocent as his she knew he would have all the old ladies giving him whatever he wanted.

She felt bad when she learned that Mrs Wilson passed away. She was looking forward to meeting her because Jake was so excited to see her again. “Maybe we can find her grave. Leave her some flowers. I’ll check for an obituary, see where she is.” She offered and gave him a hug. She tilted her head towards the stairs so they could go up to the third floor.

“What are the chances of your neighbor still living here?” She asked curiously.

"Yeah...that would be nice. I'd like that. It's the least I can do for all the cookies. I think she knew mom wasn't sending anything so she wanted me to have something that made me feel like home." He told her as they headed up the stairs.

Jake shrugged. "I don't know. Probably depends if he ever got nailed by the cops. He was always quick and knowledgeable. We should check. I'll check there first." They got up to the third floor and he looked around.

"It looks the same. It's weird." He pointed the apartment that was his. "This one was Jimmy's." He knocked on the door and Jake was a bit surprised when a woman answered with a little girl around her leg. "Hi...I used to live across the hall. I was hoping Jimmy still lived here."

"James!" She called out and a guy came to the door. Jake chuckled when he saw the guy. "Jimmy! A girl got you to settle down?! What?!" Jimmy hugged him, "Yeah. Jake Daniels is back."

On the way up the stairs, she started the search for an obituary that would help when it came to locating where she was buried. She hoped she was somewhere close so Jake could pay his respects. She couldn’t get too deep into the search since she needed to focus on doing the stairs.

When they made it to his floor and looked at the door with the camera down. She smiled at the woman who answered the door and filmed the initial reaction since it was the most genuine but put it back down when they finished hugging until they had permission to film. If they didn’t want to be on camera they could cut the footage she filmed.

“Hi, I’m Adri, we are filming for a special project of Jake’s. Do you mind being on camera?” She asked Jimmy and the woman.

Jimmy smiled at Adri and gave her a hug, like he knew her. "Oh of course. You can film us. This is Sarah and the little one is Anna." Jimmy explained and introduced them.

"We wanted to film some of my old places I've lived and fought." Jake explained. "If anything I wanted to show Adri."

"There's a lady living there. Kind of stays to herself. Probably 50s." Jimmy explained. "Come on in. You can see what our place is like if anything." He stepped aside and let them in.

Jake stepped in and it looked cramped for three but you could tell they made it work and were happy. They had a divider up for Anna to have her own little space and another up to divide their own sleeping area but everything else but the bathroom was open in one big room. "The lay out is very similar mine was just flipped." He explained to Adri.

"I've been following your career Jake. You're doing really well for yourself." He told him.

"Thanks man. What are you up to now?" He asked not wanting to assume he was still in the dealing business.

"I have a job at the factory making car parts. Sarah's brother is a supervisor there and got me in." He shrugged.

"That's awesome man."

Adri hugged Jimmy back and thanked him for letting them film. She popped the camera up and let it adjust before following Jake into the apartment.

“Have you guys ever been to Vegas before?” Adri asked Jimmy and Sarah.

“You should come down. We can set you up at a nice hotel on the strip, catch a fight or a show or both. It would be a nice little get away for the family. Or..for the adults if you have someone to watch Anna.” She smiled.

“Or she could come with you and we can watch her. Do you like Disney movies? I have all the Disney movies you can think of!” She told her.

"No we have never been to Vegas." Jimmy told her and when Adri brought up them coming out for a fight or getaway Sarah lit up but then got a bit hesitant.

"We couldn't ask you to do that." Sarah told her. "That's super sweet of you though."

"It would be our pleasure. You definitely need to come out. And Owen would love playing with Anna. Come out and hang out with us. It will be a lot of fun man. Dude...come out for my bachelor party!" Jake told him and they both got excited. Jimmy was a friend from the past. They would hang out sometimes so it was cool if he could come for his party.

Anna smiled at Adri even though she was a little shy. Sarah smiled, "She loves any kind of princess movies. Her favorite is of course Frozen. She has her own dresses and everything."

Jake tried the lady who lived in his old apartment but she only wanted one person in her place and she felt more comfortable with Adri filming. She didn't trust a man in her apartment that looked muscular like Jake. He let her go film and chatted with Jimmy in the hall. He could just do a voice over later when they edited it.

Adri smiled when Jake got excited for his bachelor party. “The invitation is open whenever you want to come down. It doesn’t have to be for a fight but you will have to come over for dinner.” Adri invited and smiled at Jake and Jimmy.

Adri went into the lady’s apartment and filmed the entire thing. The inside was eclectic and she wasn’t sure how Jake would use the footage. There were a lot of antiques and psychic memorabilia. She was sucked into looking at a poster on the wall.

“I used to help girls like you all the time.” She told Adri and sat on the couch.

“Like me?” Adri questioned.

“Bad news got you down. Confused about your future. I can help.” She smiled.

“Help with what?” Adri asked confused.

“Your future. Your past. Your now. Whatever you want. She pointed to some card laid out on the table. “I knew you were coming.” She said ominously. “And I know where you’re going.”

Adri smiled thinking she was just a crazy old lady and went back back to filming.

“When I heard you come down the hall I flipped over the first card. The four of wands is your future.” She told her and walked over to Adri with the card in her hand. “Your past, the three of cups. And your now, the empress.”

None of it made sense to Adri and she was starting to get uncomfortable, so she put her camera away and thanked the lady for letting her film.

As she took the steps out the old lady repeated the card. Four of wands, three of cups, empress.

She smiled at Jake when she closed the door behind her. “Should I film you two or...?” She asked.

"Yes you definitely will have to come to dinner. Adri is a pretty good cook which isn't great for my training. Luckily I trained really well when it came to her being my assistant so she knew how to cook some healthy meals." He smiled and gave her a wink.

Jake and Jimmy just made small talk in the hallway waiting for Adri. They talked about their families and how Jimmy met his wife and she got pregnant.

When Adri came out of the apartment and shut the door behind he smiled at her. "No, it's okay. I think we got everything we needed to here for the documentary."

Jake gave Jimmy his contact information and he told them that they would be in touch and make sure they come out to see them in Vegas. He said bye to Jimmy's wife and kid. "We have another place. We're going to film at the old gym."

"I should warn you, they've used your name to make money. They tell all the clients they trained you to the fighter you are now to get people to come in. Some of us who knew you know the truth." Jimmy explained to Jake.

He looked at Adri a little annoyed. "Well it's probably a good thing they don't know we are coming then huh?"

She raised her eyebrows and looked at Jake, “We knew it would happen eventually. Everyone wants to be connected to the Great Jake Daniels.” She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Adri hugged the little family good bye and filmed Jake running down the stairs from behind and jumping ahead of him to get video of him running down from in front of him. She asked how he felt and some other questions while they walked to the truck. She put the camera down and buckled up for the next ride.

“Do you want to get a hotel after this or do you want to drive a bit me then stop somewhere else?” She asked.

“Or we could totally bum it and sleep in the car. Have you ever done that?! Might be good footage to relive those days.”

Jake was pretty annoyed that someone was trying to make money off of him and his hard work. He let it go though and just raised his eyebrows a bit and smiled at her.

He was glad to see Jimmy and get an update on the other tenants in the building. These people were his neighbors for awhile so he saw them almost every day. Jimmy turned his life around and was doing well for himself. He may have the money Jake had but he had his family which was better than any dime he had in his pockets. He was a good guy and good friend that he wished he had stayed closer to.

"You mean after I go to this gym and flip my lid?" He asked with a smile. "Do I just let them use it for bringing in business? Is it really hurting me any? No but I feel like maybe my legal team should still look into it. Not just here but everywhere." He shrugged and opened the passenger side truck door for her.

Jake smiled and chuckled getting in the truck. "I have slept in the car." He gave a nod. "For almost a week." Said softly, his smile nodding a bit. "The next apartment I was in, fights got a little stretched out and I when got into the apartment I was between jobs too and just couldn't swing the rent. It took a bit for me to get some cash to put down for a deposit."

“I doubt you will flip your lid.” She laughed. “If it’s really that annoying to you then we will film from the car and explain why. The gym is using your image for profit and you don’t agree with those practices so you won’t be stepping into the gym, you won’t be saying the name. Just give a story and we keep going.” She offered.

“if it bothers you, I’m sure you can have your legal look into it. Maybe they can find a way to get them to stop.” She said and shrugged her shoulder. “Or scare the gym into making it stop by suing them.” She looked at Jake and kissed the back of his hand.

“let’s sleep in the truck then. Do you remember where you would park it?” She asked. We can go there and try to sleep. I probably won’t sleep. That sounds terrifying.” She chuckled.

“I think you’re going to have use Jimmy’s apartment and just describe your own. The lady that lived in your old place was...odd.” She said slowly as she thought of the proper word to describe her.

She made sense but he didn't want to cause issues. "We can go in and film whatever I feel like we film it and can edit it out. That way too we have proof of what's going on in there." He explained with a shrug before looking back at the road as he drove.

"I just...I don't know. I worked hard to be where I am. I'm okay with them saying I trained out of there but if they are lying about things that will bother me. But why not just ask me? Or have me come in and do a promotional thing, I'd be willing to do that. It's doing it without contacting me that bothers me. If they are using certain photos that could be a violation." He shrugged. "I could just be tired and uptight too."

He glanced at her and shook his head. "We aren't sleeping in the truck babe. I love you, but no. I can show you where I had it. But I'm not letting you sleep there."

Jake looked at her confused. "What? Why was she weird?"

Back
Top Bottom