Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He chuckled. "We did way more than snuggle babe. Way more. But damn it was fun." He smiled proudly.

Jake put the blanket over his legs and after they got moving he checked his phone and saw the photo. He frowned and looked at her. "Seriously Adriana? I feel like I say that a lot to you." He shook his head. "I don't feel 100% and you're making fun of me in front of the entire world. That's rude."

He took a drink of his water. "We will be good for about an hour." He had put the first destination in the gps, he started filming. "The first stop is my first place I fought. I started training in Denver but drove an hourish to my first amateur fight. I fought three fights through this club before moving on."

"There is also one of the best taco stands two blocks from the club. Have you ever been to an amateur fight?" He asked asked and moved the camera to her.

“I’m not making fun of you!” She told him. “I think it’s cute. And so will the world.” She smiled. “And if they don’t then you can punch them in the face and knock them out. Or kick them in the face and knock them out. Your choice.”

Adri’s eyes light up when he said tacos. “I love tacos. We get tacos?” She smiled and did a happy dance.

“No I haven’t been to an amateur fight Boo.” She said. “If I’m being honest your fights are the only ones I go to.” She laughed. “Because I was paid to go to them at first and now I have to because if I don’t it breaks tradition. I can’t play with superstition like that.” She smiled at him.

“What are amateur fight like? Are they bloodier or something? Like fight club?”

He chuckled. "It's not the answer to just knock anyone out when they don't like something. You worry about the things I would be teaching Owen about fighting, what about you?"

"Hell yes we get tacos. Street tacos babe so they are legit good tacos." He smiled and chuckled.

"Damn right you can't mess with tradition like that." He smiled. "Otherwise it would be all your fault...Unless you're pregnant, that's the only way you're getting out of it."

Jake couldn't help but laugh a little. "My first amateur fight was almost like an underground fight club. The facility is like a country town reception hall. Like a Knights of Columbus type building. There was a bar in the corner that only served beer. Whatever the promotions guy could get kegs of cheap. They had tables set up closest around the cage that were more expensive seating. They went to the promotors or fighter's families cause they'd all pitch in to pay for it. Then there were chairs everywhere else."

"We had to show up hours before the fight for the weigh in. The only reason I got the fight is my trainer at my gym in Denver knew the guy from the club. He told him he had this guy with potential and to give me a fight. So he did. I knew two months ahead of time to train. I showed up with my coach from the gym. My first weigh in was at this random business building. One was at a bar. The other was at the same place the fights were held. I go in and all the fighters and coaches are there. Some gyms have like five guys fighting. The club had their own fighters so my first guy I fought was one of theirs. I was so under weight I stayed in my shorts, some guys stripped down to their underwear. One place we fought a dude was over so he went out and ran in the parking lot and they gave him until the end of weigh ins to come back in and make weight. Otherwise you didn't fight. And then he came in and was still over but just by a bit so he stripped completely down and made it by a pound after running just a bit more."

He chuckled a little as he thought of where he came from and to where he is now. "There was actually refs from the MMA Association so it was legit. I had to register with the Athletic Commission. That all has to happen to have it be legit. Some of the rules from then to now have changed. We got ready and warmed up in this facility's kitchen and back room areas. The fights were displayed on a big screen on the wall. I still had my entrance music. But then you had a bunch of drunks watching the fights and they always had to make a rule about no one in the audience fighting, because it always happened. Then if you one enough you got a main event fight. And normally when you won a regular card fight, you won a Monster Energy drink...how freaking awesome is that!" He laughed. "I moved up from Monster's to Championship Belts and millions."

Adri smiled happily at getting street tacos. She looked at Jake when he said the only way she was getting out of a fight was if she was pregnant. She didn’t say anything since he was recording and she didn’t need or want that to be public.

“Wait that guy was running around the parking lot to lose weight in what? A manner of hours?” She asked. “Is that even possible? What was he really doing out there?”

She frowned, “A monster energetic drink? That’s it? A big one at least, right?” She laughed. “What was your favorite fight? Or most memorable fight at this club?”

Jake would be the one editing so he could edit anything out he wanted to. But he still fully believed they had a chance.

He laughed and nodded. "Yep. Do you ever remember seeing those sweat suits that wrestlers would wear to cut weight? He had one of those on and trash bags. It was warmer out so he was sweating pretty good to begin with. He would just run laps around the parking lot for a couple hours. He wasn't over but much so it very easily could be done. Was it smart or the healthiest way? No. I'm pretty sure he ended up getting beat. He didn't drink water at all until he made weight then to try to drink enough to not be dehydrated and ready to fight was flat out stupid. That's why I refuse to ever be that close. That was a good first lesson learned for me seeing this guy running in the parking lot with trash bags on and duct taped to him. He also sat in his vehicle with the heat on to take a break and keep sweating."

He nodded to her asking if it was it. "Yep. That's it. Yeah it was a big can." Thinking about her question, "My favorite fight probably my first one, cause I won. It's different training but then to train and then fight and win it was a new experience and the rush and feeling of victory. My first main event was also pretty cool. I was slowing making a name for myself." He put his hand on her leg as he talked.

She made a face as she thought it over and slowly nodded her head, “Wow. A sweat suit. Smart. Okay. I mean not smart but understandable.”

She smiled at Jake and watched the road. “I can’t wait for these tacos. You want tacos first or do you want to go to the place? Is someone meeting us? I guess we could meet the person and then take them to tacos.” She said.

“I’m going to eat like for the record. And I’m still on my I refuse to workout kick. So if I get fat it’s your fault for taking me good places to eat. I don’t want to hear it in the future.”

"I used them a couple times for wrestling. I don't recommend them. But a lot of people use them when they run."

He smiled and rolled his eyes. "You're worse than me about food. I love it. No let's go to the facility first. We are meeting the head of the club to let us in and get an interview by him. Then we can go get tacos. And yes we can always take him to get tacos. You'd think this guy would be more in shape than he is but since he has his own gym and he sets up the fights and promotors he doesn't have to be a super fit guy." He explained shutting the camera off.

"Just work out with me...it will be fun. Or we can go for a run. Let's make sure we hit a couple hotels that have gyms." That way they could hit the smaller places he's stayed but then also stay in nicer places with a gym and get to work off all the food they will be eating. It was easier for him to workout though cause he likes working out and exercising is a good stress relief for him.

“No. In going to get thicc with two c’s.” She smiled. “Trust me you’ll like it. More to hold on too.” She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

“I thought you were looking up hotels. We are reliving your experiences.” She reminded him. “I don’t know your past like that. I want the full Jake Daniels experience.” She smiled.

“How is your head?” She squeezed his hand and put touched the back of her hand to his forehead, “You feel better. How did you sleep last night? I thought Iheard you talking in your sleep a few times.” She said softly and glanced toward him.

"Oh yeah? Two c's huh? That's serious. Real serious. Does that mean your boobs will get even better?!" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows back.

"I am. But I stayed in some sketchy places I don't want you staying in. So we will have to find a nicer hotel to stay in. I also figured some places shouldn't be busy where we can't just walk in and get a room."

Jake let her touch his head. "It's a bit better. The tylenol is helping." He told her and shrugged. "I don't know. I think I was so tired I don't remember waking up or dreaming." He looked confused. "Do I talk in my sleep often?"

“My fat does usually go to boobs and ass first. So yes, kind of.” She laughed. “I told you you would like it.”

She looked at Jake, “With you by my side who is going to try it? Sometimes I think you forget you’re a world champion fighter.” She smiled. “Well, tell me when I need to look up hotels and I’ll find one and get the room before we get there.” She said. “Or find a room now.”

She shook her head, “No you used to be quiet and still when you slept. Now you mumbled and move around. Ever since that nightmare. It’s not as bad but you just talk. I can’t really understand what you’re saying. Sometimes you say names.”

He laughed. "I already told you I would love you no matter what. I don't care if you gain weight but I do care you're healthy. Remember when I got after you cause you hardly ate? I just wanted you to eat enough to be healthy."

Jake smiled. "Aw babe you're so adorable. You think I meant sketchy as in potentially violent. I also meant, sketchy as in we don't need to take bugs home with us. Or food poisoning." He told her and lifted his eyebrows. "I'll handle tonight..." He checked the time and when they may be turning in and where they would be. It may be something to wait a little to know for sure the location but he would get it booked. He knew the areas.

His eyes shifted out the window and he adjusted his beanie before taking it off since they are in the truck. "Names? Do you remember them?"

“Oh.” She said to Jake’s sketchy hotels. Yeah, she didn’t want to stay there. She was all for the Drifter Experience but not if it meant bed bugs and food poisoning.

“Not really. You said your sisters name a couple times. You might have said Luke. Your step dad’s name. I don’t know. I’m half asleep when you’re doing it. I only wake up when you move your legs around.” She told him.

She reached out and held his hand. “You can’t remember your dreams?” She asked curiously. “Maybe it’s nothing.”

When he stayed in one place for awhile, he would sometimes stay in the cheapest places until he had wins for money. "Yeah this place I didn't stay in the best place. It was a studio appointment. I slept, showered, ate and had the toilet in the same room. I did reach out to my old landlord but haven't heard back yet."

He kept looking out the window wonder what was coming on with his dreams. If must have been about his step dad. He shook his head. "I don't remember any from last night. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't."

"I'm sorry I woke you up. Next time just smack me and wake me up. I didn't kick you did I?" He looked at her.

“I wonder if it is still standing. How long has it been? You take pictures of yourself after all your fights. It would be a cool shot if you took a picture of them all and had them flick through faster and faster until you get to your last fight and then fade into a shot of you do your confessional or getting ready for a fight. Depends on when we stop filming I guess.”

She squeezed his hand again, “That’s normal. I can’t remember all of mine.” She chuckled. “I’m not going to smack you. I might wake you up if it gets too bad though. No you didn’t kick me. And like I said I was still half asleep.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“You know how when you sleep with owen and he moves a little bit and you wake up just enough to make sure he’s still on the bed? That’s what it’s like. Super easy to just fall back asleep from there.”

"Well I was probably 19 at most." He told her. "It could be tore down. Or the landlord could just be out cause of the holiday. I figured worse case we just knock on the door if it's there and see if anyone lives there. Maybe they would let us in." He suggested. "I like that idea. The club we are going to usually has promotional posters and he kept them before so he may still have them we can take a pic of those. Or somehow scan them in. I have some stuff saved."

He smiled and rested his head back on the headrest. "I thought you'd want a free shot at me. Sneak attack." He teased and smiled.

Jake nodded. "Yeah I know what you mean." He let out a sigh and looked out the window. "I'll call to get in to see someone when we get back. That house really fucked me up..." He said softly, shaking his head. "I hate he had that control over me."

"Alright! We need some jams. What are you in the mood for?"

She laughed, “I mean, of course I do. But what would I look like if I attacked a sleeping man? I like it better when you’re awake and I jump on your back. Or smack that ass and run away.” She laughed more. “It’s not my fault you have a smackable ass. You’re a tease. Especially when you do box jumps and post the video on Instagram.” She shook her head.

“Yeah it did. But we both know he’s gone and he won’t get his hands on you again. I’ll keep the boogie man away from my boys.” She smiled.

“Sublime, maybe. Anything really. I don’t mind. Surprise me.” She told him.

He laughed. "Why am I not at all surprised." He shook his head and chuckled. "You just have an obsession with my ass." Jake smiled proudly. "You just like it cause my shorts are tight and short."

He pressed his lips to the back of her hand. "Thanks baby."

Jake grabbed his phone and hooked it up to the truck bluetooth and put on some Sublime. "Interesting choice but I like it. We will be listening to country later since I was back home..." He told her to get her prepared. He kept drinking his powerade and water and even ate a bit more jerky, feeling a lot better as he sang along.

“Well, stop wearing short and tight shorts and maybe I won’t be obsessed with it.” She said simply.

She smiled when he said they’d be listening to country later. “Driver picks the station. So as long as I’m driving I’ll be in charge. Maybe Beyoncé next. Or Cardi B.” She thought about it and shrugged her shoulder.

“When do you want to drive?” She asked. “Are we staying in the town that we are driving by to now or do you want to keep going after tacos?”

He laughed. "But you want me to! I changed my fight shorts for you! The things I do for you then get yelled at for it." He shook his head but smiled.

Jake just smiled at her a moment. "You're such a city girl. It's so cute." He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "I love you. But I will be driving eventually on this trip and country it will be. But I think you'd like it."

"I was going to wait and see what time we get there and how long everything takes. We may be moving on these evening depending on time. We can move to the second spot easily before it gets too late and then I can get us a place to stay." He told her checking his phone for replies from people he reached out to on stops. "We can get a hotel then hit the spots tomorrow if it's late. So I can drive after tacos."

“I’m not yelling. I’m just saying if you minded, you wouldn’t be wearing them.” She smiled. “You enjoy the attention. You just don’t want to admit it.”

“And if it’s too much I’ll put my headphones in.” She laughed. “I’m only here to film and learn. Actually what we should be listening to is your Rosetta Stone. You need to learn German. While you do that I can nap.”

She nodded her head to his plan. “I have some emails I need to read through so that’s probably what I will really do while you are driving. And I’ll help you with your German.” She told him.

"Well of course I want you to find me attractive. If you didn't we would be having problems considering you're my fiance." He explained but smiled. "Of course I like the attention from you."

He gave her a look. "No wait. This is a road trip for us. This is supposed to be fun we are kid free. I'm not spending my entire time doing homework. I'll learn some but I'm not going to do it the entire time..." He told her. "Don't worry, I'll know a lot before our wedding. I promise." He told her. "We can teach O too."

"What kind of emails? Work? Cosmetic line?" He asked being curious. Jake was her biggest fan and supporter. "If you need to I can always bring Owen to LA with the nanny if you have work too baby."

She raised her eyebrows, “Fine. An hour of German. That’s how I want to start my time. Then we can listen to whatever we want. But I think after an hour you should be able to speak some German. At least say hello, my name is Jake Daniels.” She smiled.

“Oh I know. We are going to have a lot of fun. I’m going to learn a lot about you.”

“Work and cosmetics.” She said with a nod. “No. I’ll be fine. My boy can stay with me. If he really starts to miss you we will come visit. He’s going with me to Germany. We might come down the week before we leave so we can see you before we go.”

He thought about it and gave a nod. "Deal. I can live with that. We're not far from the place now so I'll put it on when I start driving. Deal?" He asked with a goofy smile.

"I hope you still love me after this." He chuckled.

"I will miss you guys, just know I can take him if you need me to. I can bring him on set. They would eat him up." Jake pouted a bit. "I hate I'm missing Germany...we need to get him to say 'hi mama and papa' in German. How do you say it? I don't need Rosetta, I have you!" He thought a moment. "I know this...hold on... is it...Swiss German you speak or just German? What is the difference?"

She nodded her head to his deal. “I’ll love you no matter what. Unless you don’t learn German. Then we will have a problem.” She joked.

“Hallo mama und papa.” She laughed. “It’s that simple.”

“Regular German. The only different is pronunciation. Like a New Yorker and Californian. Same language, different way of saying the same words.” She explained.

“Ich liebe Adri mehr als jede andere Frau. Try that. Ich lover...Adri mehr...als jede andere Frau...” she smiled.

He gave her a look. "I promise I will. I want to learn babe."

Jake repeated how to say that for Owen to learn. "He will learn it. For sure. He could even say it to your mom she'd love that." He said it again to get it right.

"I love how Jersey guys talk. They are hardcore and then have the accent that they mean business." He chuckled .

He repeated it the best he could. "Now what did I just say Adriana?" He raised an eyebrow. "See I don't need that stuff you bought."

Back
Top Bottom