Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I love your mom. And she had to have known having a daughter she would only gain another son. Duh. Now she has another son and grandson. You're welcome." He stuck his tongue out at her. "I know she and your dad both would be here for me and Owen. They are good people. That's why my girl is good people."

Jake didn't even have to think it over, he knew that answer, "Before. Definitely before. That way I can heal before they arrive like you said. But I don't want photos with the baby with my face all fucked up...ooo That would suck."

"That's why I think it's happening. The guy wants a title shot and being undefeated, he kind of deserves it. He has a fight coming up that may decide if he gets a shot if he wins." He told her. "He's older than me though. Hopefully I have that going for me but he's really athletic."

He smiled back. "I love you too." He looked around a moment before looking back at Adri and looked her over a moment. "Are you happy? Like really happy?"

“Yeah. That would suck.“ She said and looked at him. “You would have to protect your face. That’s the only option.” She told him.

“Let’s go to that fight. Show him that you’re watching him. That would be fun. We keep sayin g we will go to one but we never do. I want to go to that fight. And you’re taking me.” She smiled.

she looked at him curiously, “Yes? Are you happy?” She asked. Her name was called for her drink and the pizzas and she went to get them. She slid him his pizza and took a slice of hers.

"It will just have to be early enough I can heal up for the baby. Or I can just use my wife's new make up line to cover up. Babe! You have to work on that with your line. Cover up make up for fighters. It's perfect!" He smiled proud of his idea.

He gave a nod. "Sounds good to me. I can do that." He gave a nod. "Chances are it will be in Vegas or somewhere close. But even if not we can go."

Jake smiled and gave a nod. "Very happy." He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss. "Thanks gorgeous. This looks amazing." He was drinking a soda since he couldn't drink more than a beer. "This is good pizza. I have good ideas." He said with a mouth full of food.

She laughed and nodded her head, “Yeah, I am going to have to work on a full coverage concealer. Would you be my model. I can have Luke put a bruise on your face and cover it up with my concealer. I love my ideas. Or right after a fight, I use the bruises you have and cover them up.”

She smiled when he agreed. “Yay. A fight with my Boo.” She cheered.

“I’m glad you like it.” She ate her pizza and had to agree. It was really good. She could eat this whole thing. She was starving. This was dangerous.

"I'm not going to just let Luke bruise me up. No." He shook his head. "But I'll let you if I have a bruise sure." He gave her a nod.

He smiled and chuckled. "It will be fun. We can get somewhat dressed up. Nothing too crazy but dress pants and a button up for me. My championship watch. Dana would like it too if we showed up for another fight."

"I should have gotten cheesy fries. Damn. We will get cheesy fries on our road trip." He took a drink. "Can I try a piece of yours and you can have one of mine?"

“I need real bruises. Real dark purple and red bruise.” She touched where she wanted it too. “That’s like some real impactful marketing right there.”

Adri smiled, “I have no problem with that. You look good in button ups. Especially when you leave the top button undone and show some chest. Sexy.” She purred and sipped on her drink.

“You what cheese fries?” She asked. “I can put the order in.” She offered because she wanted garlic knots. She out the order in for both and sat with Jake again. She gave him a slice but let him keep his pizza.

“What time are we leaving tomorrow?” She asked.

"Well then we should just ask my next opponent to help when I'm done kicking his ass." He told her before giving her a grin. "Luke has never left bruises like that and why would I want anyone to do that on purpose?" He teased.

He smiled and chuckled. "Oh yeah? When I show off my chest huh? You like those tighter button ups too don't you Jones?" He smiled.

Jake hesitated on the fries but she was soon up and ordering them. He needed to definitely workout on this roadtrip.

"Uhh...whenever we get up. No...we never will get up then. 9:30? Not too early or late."

“For me?” She smiled.

“Mhmm. Those are the best. Or the slim fit ones that show off your broad shoulders and tiny waist. Love those too.”

She made a face at leaving at nine thirty. That means they had to get up at like eight. “Why don’t we get up at nine thirty and leave around ten thirty or eleven?” That sounded nicer to her. They could rest while they digested the pizza and other goodies.

She had a slice of pizza and then the fries and knots were ready. She got them and brought them to the table, stealing a fry from Jake. “It’s going to be really difficult to never step foot in a gym again if I eat like this.” She told him. She took a bite of a garlic knot and smiled.

“I miss junk food. I never get to eat it like this. Might have to purge it all when we get home though. This is too much.” She joked but she had done it before and she knew it wasn’t healthy.

He looked at her extremely confused. "You worry about me when I have a fight but yet you want me to get beat up for a make up line. Do you get how backwards that is babe?"

"Are the slim fit and tighter ones the same?" He asked confused. "This is why you are in charge of my fashion sense." He chuckled.

"I'll compromise with nine." He told her. "To wake up. I'll get up and work out first. I'll need to work all this crap off. Crap that tastes good...mmm."

He ate the piece she gave him from her pizza. It was good. "I'm going to hate myself tomorrow but it tastes good. Once in awhile this isn't bad but we...no I can't do this all the time." Truth was he physically would probably feel crappy the next day since he normally ate so healthy.

The bar had sports on the TVs so Jake kind of watched it but was focused on Adri too. "Hey...did your parents ever text they got home safely?" He asked confused and he worried a bit.

“Not beat up. Just one hit.” She told him.

“Slim fit shirts cat cut to hug your body. A tight shirt just means you’re busting out of it.” She laughed. “I mean they both look nice for different reason, but a slim fit shirt is more flattering. Your wedding shirt should be a slim fit.”

Shr checked her phone, “I did see a text when I called for the pizza.” She said and smiled at the picture. “Yes everyone is home.” She showed him her phone and the picture was her dad on the ouch with Owen on his chest, Bam and Rocky between his legs and Max on the rocking chair by his head.

“It was a big trip for these guys, huh?” She smiled and saved that picture.

He gave her a look. "You're gonna need more than one hit to mess up this beautiful face." He circled around his face smiling proudly.

Jake made a mental note of the wedding shirt. Slim fit. "Got it. I'll make sure it's slim fitting just for my girl." He gave her a wink and smile.

He smiled and looked at the phone. "They are wore out." He chuckled. "I'm not sure who's going to sleep harder, your dad, Owen. or the dogs?" He looked at his phone. "I didn't get one of those pics." He just looked at Adri a moment. "You are her favorite. This can and will be fixed." He declared grabbing a few fries.

"That's going to be us when we get home babe. Out for days in our own bed. But we did have a big trip for all those guys. Especially the parents, Owen, and dogs. We are going to need time to relax when we get home and not go anywhere." He smiled at her as they ate. "Can I say this is one of our favoritest date we hate."

Adri smiled victoriously, “Told you so.” She laughed. “You can try but it very difficult to knock me down. I am the only girl and the youngest child. Even you’re older than me.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“After New Years we can totally stay home and rest. I’d be cool with that.” She smiled. “Well for a month, I guess. You leave late January. Is that enough time to rest up?” She asked him.

“Its chill low key. I like this place. And they make good pizza. Should we make this a regular spot? Every time we come to Denver we eat here. Maybe not two pizzas but we can grab a slice and eat at this table if possible.”

"I'm texting mom to find out why she didn't send it to me. That's rude. And hurtful." He said grabbing his phone and sending her a quick text, 'I'm kind of hurt mom. No photo. Am I no longer your favorite?' He looked at Adri as he set the phone down.

Jake shrugged. "It's going to have to be enough. This could get interesting if I'm working on the show and training. But I need a fight. Fights pay well."

He looked around. "Yeah. Let's do it. I like it. It's also low key cause it's late." He laughed. "I think we need to come back during football season and watch a Broncos game." He kept feeding his face. "We would be blasted on TMZ right now if anyone saw us." He chuckled and shrugged.

Adri stuck her tongue out at Jake. “She’s probably in bed. You big baby.”

She laughed and nodded her head to TMZ having a field day. “I can see it now. Top fighter and top model over indulge on junk food.” She said using her hand to point out the imaginary headline.

“Don’t be hurt, Love. I meant to send it to both of you. I’m sorry. Look at this one.” She said and sent Jake a photo that was almost the same but everyone was asleep on the private plane. “And I don’t have favorites. Remind Adrianna of that. Good night.” She added.

He gave her leg a playful push with his foot. "You'd be calling her and you know it. Don't call me a big baby."

Jake took a couple bites and pretended to pose for the photo that would be plastered everywhere. "Let TMZ take my picture. I don't care. They aren't a super credible source anymore and have gotten kind of trashy." He said softly.

When his phone went off from a text he checked it and laughed. "Mom still claims she has no favorite. I call lies. But she sent me one." He showed Adri the pic of them all on the plane asleep. "We really did a number on your dad..." He chuckled. "Remember she has no favorites. She told me to remind you of all people..." He replied back to her mom, 'Thanks mom. Thanks for coming for Christmas and making it so special for all of us. We love you both and would be lost without you. Thanks for taking good care of Owen and the dogs. Good night.'

"We are an hour ahead of them..."

Adri laughed at picture, “So they just loved torn the plane to the house. Probably slept on the ride home too.” She shook her head. “So cute.”

She frowned at her mother not having favorites, “she’s says that to your face so that she doesn’t upset you. I am her favorite and there is nothing you can do to stop that.” She smiled as she took a bite of her pizza.

“It is midnight boo. I know she’s tried. Especially with dad out like that. She likes to unpack and wash clothes right away. It’s really annoying. She won’t rest until the dirty laundry is separated, I’m sure of it.”

"It takes, taking the kids for a ride to make them sleep to a whole new level. Now they go for rides in the plane to sleep." He chuckled.

He rolled his eyes. "Then why did she tell me to tell you that? I think you think you're her favorite, but you're not. I still actually think Owen is her favorite. Damn cute kid. Why did I have to have a cute kid?" He sighed. "It's annoying."

Jake shrugged. "She replied right back and she said good night. I'm not going to reply anymore and let her rest. Don't give me shit. It's your fault we are up late so I can't help it. I had to text her." He shrugged again. "That photo though makes me want to get my own dog..."

Adri laughed and nodded her head, “I think we have spoiled them too much.” She told him.

“Because I’m supposed to play along and not tell anyone I’m her favorite.” She explained. “I’m not supposed to hurt anyone’s feelings. But I grew up with four older brothers and all they did was hurt my feelings, so why should I hold back?” Owen probably was the favorite but Adri refused to believe it. She was the baby. “Of the grandchildren.” She conceded. He could be the favorite of the next generation.

“You have a dog. Rocky loves you. How would she feel if you came home with another dog?” She asked. “Maybe the end of the year, after the wedding when things have calmed down for us we can go look at rescuing a pit.” She offered.

“That’s a lot of time and I don’t know if we have it right now.”

"I think so too." He chuckled and shook his head.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Mmmhmm sure. If you say so babe. I'll let you keep believing that." He chuckled. "Well of course Owen is the oldest grandchild so he is always going to be their favorite." He sighed. "Your brother's kid is just doomed. Sorry to tell them." He chuckled and shrugged.

"I know Rocky loves me, I love Rocky. A lot. But she and Bam are yours not mine technically. You and Owen both have your own dogs." He gave a nod. "Yeah I feel that's fair. To wait especially with me going off to LA. But I do want one that can keep up and workout with me. I want them running with me and getting on my back for push ups. Maybe there will be a pup we can foster first to get awareness out then adopt them." He smiled at the idea.

“Owen stole my dog. Max loved me to death before owen and then Owen comes along and suddenly I’m nothing to him. Then it happened again with Rocky.” She shook her head. “I’m taking your dog.” She said simply.

“You don’t even let me get you on your back to do push-ups!” She pouted and frowned at him.

“We can look into fostering. I think our dogs have the right temperament for it but we would have to have dogs that aren’t afraid of other dogs.”

Jake gave her a dirty look. "You are not taking my dog. You will not be a dog thief. I'll fight you and I'm world champion. You don't want a piece of this." He told her taking a drink.

"I'm glad that Max forgot about you babe. I love you but the bond those two have is so cute. And we know that Owen is safe with Max. If anything is out of sorts he would let us know. That's good to have." He smiled. "And Rocky just likes me for my cuddling skills and warmth."

"I'll let you get on my back for me to do pushups. During the roadtrip we will do it. But you have to hold on right." He told her. "Max is too shakey. Old man."

Jake agreed they would need someone who was good with other dogs. "And kids. Preferably a pup. The more they start at a young age with our family the better they fit in and grow with us."

“It is very cute.” She agreed but she was still upset she didn’t have a dog. “Maybe when you get a dog Rocky will be jealous and come back to me with Bam.” She smiled.

She nodded her head to that. “well, actually, I wouldn’t be opposed to older dogs. If we are fostering then we are a half way house to their forever home. I’d love to have some sweet old dogs around too.”

She finished her second slice of pizza and her drink and looked at Jake. “I don’t know how much more I can eat.” She told him and rubbed her food baby.

"But we got the girls because you were mad you had Max stolen from you. So what do I do? I get you two girls. Cause that's how I am. Would you rather Rocky growls at me and hayes?" He gave her a look. "Don't answer that. Jerk."

Jake understood what she was saying. "I'm fine with that. Old dogs are cute and honestly probably don't get families like pups do but, I'm wanting a workout partner. I need a dog who can see me and keep up. Not mister grey face on arthritis medications. But I can cuddle with grey face when I'm done!" He offered with a smile. "Should we just rescue them all?"

He shook his head. "I'm done but in taking what's left home. We will need hotels with microwaves to warm up leftovers. Basically I'm legit going back to that time. Eating take out on my best China, styrofoam." He chuckled and moved to sit next to Adri. He wrapped his arms around her and snuffled close for a photo. He started with a selfie then had someone take a photo for them. On the last one, he kissed her cheek.

Adri started to reply when he asked what she preferred Rocky to do. She laughed when he guessed what her answer was. “You don’t even know what I was going to say.” She argued.

“yes! Let’s take them all in.” She smiled nice and wide. “I’m happy with that. We can expand on the house to accommodate them all. It will be great.” She told him.

“yum.” She said and got up to grab them two boxes. She put her pizza in hers and handed him his.

He gave her a look. "No? I don't? You'd love it if the dogs all just snuggled with you and Owen and ignored me." He stuck his tongue out at her. "I guess I could put Rocky in Owen's running stroller." He chuckled.

Jake gave her a look. He would love to have all the dogs but they could never have all the dogs. It was a lot to travel with them all now. "I would love that but not a good idea babe. When we do get one, I want to get him or her one of the best trainers." He explained.

"Thank you baby." He smiled and grabbed the box putting his leftovers in it. "Are we ready to head back?"

Back
Top Bottom