Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Adri frowned, “I’m sure it has crossed my mind at some point before today. In fact, if I was going to marry a prince then he would have come with a castle and I wouldn’t have had to buy it. I guess that means you should buy me a castle as a wedding present!” She clapped her hands, “Yay me. Wedding dreams coming true.”

She shook her head and pushed his shoulder, “Such a child.” She ruffled his hair.

“Yes, but I look best in your shirts and nothing but your shirts.” She smiled. “I should do a photo shoot like that. Nothing but your shirts. You can have it blown up and put in your gym. Or one of your white shirts, all wet and sticking to my naked body. Can’t blow that one up though. Your eyes only.” She wiggled her eyebrows and kissed him in the lips. “I might have to do that for you.” She bit his bottom lip and wrapped her arms around him.

“Which place are we going to?” She asked and pulled up their menu. She let him pick his pizza and then called it in. “Thirty minutes.”

He smiled and shook his head. "No babe. I'm not buying you castle. I love you but we can't afford it. Yet. Someday maybe. It will be okay babe."

"But you love this fucking child." He laughed and blew a raspberry at her. "Because I'm the best and funnest kid ever." Jake chuckled.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her slow and deeply. "I can totally get behind that. I actually love that idea. Some of my regular shirts but then some of my fight shirts with my name on it is pretty cool too."

He told her the place and ended up deciding on a deluxe pizza before heading out to the truck to go with Adri to get it. "I may stop and get a Faygo. You want one?"

She pouted when he said they couldn’t afford a castle. She was sure they could. She would take the eventually though. Eventually they would own a castle.

“You can pick some of the outfits, the same way I pick your outfits.” She told him. “But you can’t see the pictures until they’re done. Pick out some shirts before you go and I’ll do it while you’re with Nick.” She promised.

“I’m sure they have it at the pizza place. Well it is a bar slash pizza place so maybe not. I might have a drink with my pizza.”

She kissed him again and thought about it, “We haven’t had sex in your truck yet.” She giggled. “We could give that a try one day.”

He knew she would hot that 'eventually' against him later. But they had other dreams that he felt made more sense in the present to put that money towards, like her make up line and his gym. Then those two would bring in money to set their entire family up for life.

Jake grinned at the idea of him picking out the shirts. "Okay. I like that idea. But you pick out a few yourself too as a surprise. I feel that's fair." He told her. "I'll have something to look forward to when I get home. I need to get home and work on my scripts. Want to help me on those?"

"Are we still eating there?" He asked as he grabbed his keys and wallet.

"My truck or the rental truck? We could easily do it in my truck, it's big enough. We could do it in the front or back seat, or the bed of the truck. I need to take you on a date out of the city where we star gaze in the back of my truck." He told her with a grin.

“Is there kissing involved?” She asked about the scripts. “I might be more inclined to help if there is kissing involved at every stage of the process.” She told him seriously and then laughed. “Yes, I will help you. I can’t wait to see my baby on TV.”

She looked at him like he was crazy, “Hell yes we are eating there. I’m starving.” She grabbed her wallet and and another thick coat and she was ready to go.

“Your truck. You should take me on a date like that more often. You haven’t done that since..you proposed maybe. Or our first date? One of the two, maybe both, we were looking over the city. Different cities, of course, you proposed in London. Maybe it was the first date then. We went to the top of Las Vegas, but we didn’t do anything that night. I was a good girl.” She smiled.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Not that I've read yet. They don't get into my love life on the show. At least not yet." He smiled. "But we can take breaks for kissing."

Jake only had on his hoodie and put on a beanie. He didn't care how he looked, he was hungry and wanted food. The paparrazi could kiss his ass. "Okay...my bad." He gave her ass a smack before heading downstairs.

He walked out to the garage. "What kind of date do you want? Like a romantic date? Or what?" He opened the truck door for her and after she was in, he got in as well before heading to town. The roads with a bit slick so he drove a little slower until he got on the main roads.

“You know what, that’s a good thing. Your character doesn’t need a love life. He should focus on fighting. I will accept kissing breaks as payment for helping you learn lines.” She agreed. “When you remember your line, you get a kiss.”

She smiled when he opened the door for her and she got in the truck. “I don’t know. This is kind of a date. I’ll accept this as a date. Sex and pizza. That’s a great date. I would like to dress up and go somewhere fancy though. Especially when O and I come to visit in LA. I never go out when I’m there.” Mostly because she was afraid to but if Jake was there she would be fine, right?

She held his hand and looked out at the road. “I like fancy dates like that. I think we are getting invited to the Met Gala this year, so get ready to get dressed up and have some fun.” She smiled.

"Why does my character not need a love life? Why? Because you'd be jealous?" He asked raising an eyebrow smiling. "I better get studying so I get lots of kisses."

He smiled, "But what about Owen? Who's watching him? Are you going to make Nick watch him? That would be interesting." He chuckled and shrugged. "I could take you out. I'm not as familiar with the hot spots but I cuold find out from Nick. But yeah this is a sweet date. Pizza and sex. Well it was more like sex, sex, shower, pizza, sex, sex." He smiled proudly.

"I know, you like getting dressed up. Which is fun and nice but I also like the just us dates being chill." He told her. "Thoughtful fun dates that are bit out of our norm."

“Because I said so and that’s reason enough.” She declared.

“Yes, Nick will watch him. Owen loves Nick. He’ll be good. And we will probably leave when he’s asleep, so it will be a peace of cake for Nick. Once that kid is down for the night he’s down.”

She laughed, “I was thinking more...sex, sex, shower, pizza, sleep, sex.” She told him. “But your version might come true too. Depends on how much pizza I eat.”

She nodded her head, “They are. We should do something thoughtful and fun. Like mini golf. I love mini golf. I could whoop your butt at some putt putt.”

"Oh is that so? Because you said so." He laughed. "Again, this is not how are marriage is going to go."

He gave a nod. "Yeah Owen does love Nick. But Nick also spoils him. I can see Nick waking him up just to play with him while we are gone."

Jake laughed and held her hand as he drove. "I'm fine with your thoughts. Or...sex, sex, shower, pizza, sex, sleep, sex." He shrugged. "The possiblities are endless!" He kissed her hand.

He thought about it, "We are road tripping. Just us. We are working technically but in the evening instead of just chilling at a hotel, we should go do something fun. Like mini golf. Or ice skating, I do think hitting some national parks are fun to see. We have stops in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and then Nevada. I had a fight in Wyoming and stayed there for like three months."

“He probably would. Owen wouldn’t be happy about that though.” She shrugged her shoulder, “It’s a hard lesson to learn, but one he will have to learn on his own.” She said.

“Three months for a fight? Was this when you first started?” She asked. “I hope your next fight is somewhere different. New York was fun but I’m hoping for out of the country. Somewhere you haven’t fought before.” She smiled.

“Has Dana said anything? Hinted at anyone? Should we call and poke at him? It’s probably too late.” She pursed her lips and looked at Jake.

He chuckled. "Or he may surprise us all and not want to go down with Nick around." He shrugged. "We will figure it out. We have time."

"It was an amateur fight. I stayed there, trained and we actually had a fight, I won then had to defend my title. The money was good so it was worth it to stay and get some money. I had to work while I did all this." He explained. "It would be nice to get out of the country." He agreed.

"He said he will get in touch after the new year. Something is brewing. I'll have to defend my title. It may not be till Marchish though. Which is fine, gives me time to train." He told her.

“Aw. Nick can sing him to sleep.” She said excitedly. “Nick could sing to sleep!” She said even more excitedly.

She nodded her head to his story, “Interesting. I did not know that. You know who probably did? That kid that was obsessed with you. He was so cute.” She laughed.

“And gives you enough time to heal before the wedding if anything happens to you. So that’s good. Are you going to be okay being in LA training with Nick? You should make him do your diet with you. Break him.” She joked. “And what about Luke? The baby is due around March, right? Will he want to travelout of the country?” She made a face and looked at Jake. “We can’t take him away from Amy.”

Jake's eyes widened. "Why are you getting so excited about that? Like way too excited about it? Why?" He raised a brow at her.

He chuckled, "You better step it up. If these kids know more than you, you're slacking back. How much do you know about me before I got in the UFC?" He asked, being a legitamite question.

He didn't think about the baby being due. "I don't want to wait to long, I may have to have another trainer helping to step in. I'll have to ask Luke. Brent has been in my corner from the beginning and usually knows the game plan. He could probably step up."

“Because a Jonas brother is going to sing us to sleep. This is what dreams are made of. Is he singing our wedding song?” She asked Jake.

“Uhm...I knew stuff. Okay maybe I didn’t really know anything about you before I got the job. But I was willing to take the job and I learned as I went so I think I’m golden.” She told him. “And I’m learning more everyday.” She smiled.

“I don’t see why not. Would it be the first fight without Luke? Do you want me to take his spot? I can do that.” She offered. “I won’t be good at it but I can try.”

He just gave her a look. "Nick isn't singing us to sleep. You said Owen. Not us. And no. He isn't singing our wedding song. I wanted Justin Timberlake and you said it was rude to have the Roots play out wedding then have him sing.
So no!"

"You knew nothing? You lied in your interview?! I can't believe you lied. No yes I can..." He sighed and shook his head. "Yeah well I'm starting to think I don't know you much at all." He teased.

"My first professional fight yes, without him." He told her and shrugged. "It's just going to be one fight and Brent is there most if not every day. It will have to be okay. Luke will be there for the training part."

She huffed but did remember that conversation. If he couldn’t have Justin, she couldn’t have Nick. “Fine. And I will just happen to be in the room while Nick is singing to Owen and I’ll fall asleep.” She smiled. That was a win in her book.

“I didn’t lie in my interview. They didn’t ask me about you. They asked if I knew the basics about UFC, I said yes. They asked if I could keep a schedule, sign an NDA and deal with challenging personalities and I said yes.” She told him.

“I was your best assistant. That NDA better be ripped up and for the most part I can handle challenging personalities. I’ve only snapped once.” She said and flexed her hand in her lap.

“I was almost fired by the agency that hired me though. It’s in the contract that I don’t sleep with or form relationships with my boss or people that work with my boss and guess what I did?” She rolled her eyes.

“If you want me the ring with you to take Luke’s place, just let me know.” She told him. “I’m sure I can do everything Luke does. But better because I’ll give you kisses.” She smiled.

Jake just glanced at her again. "You sure you don't just don't want to marry him? You're drooling a bit, fan girl."

"I meant my interview with you. But good to know what they actually asked you from the agency." He shrugged. "You were one of the best assistants yes. But I didn't rip up the NDA. You still can't disclose information about me. What if you decide to marry Nick. We can't have you telling Bisping my secret moves now." He told her.

He looked confused. "You didn't sleep with me for the longest time. And who cares if the fired you? By the time we got serious you were modeling and not really my assistant anymore anyway." He told her.

"Baby, I love you, but I can't have you in my corner kissing me. That will not go over well at all." He told her. "Maybe stick to the prayers."

“Jealous?” She asked teasingly.

She laughed, “Like hell I would go running to Bisping with anything. I would hope you know me better than that. I would sell it to the highest bidder.” She winked at him. “I guess you have grounds to sue me then. I tell my mom everything.”

She shook her head, “I wasn’t supposed to be in any sort of relationship ship without you. I could have carried in dating you if the paparazzi didn’t find us and take that picture by the fountain.” She said. “And it doesn’t matter. I didn’t want to be fired. That doesn’t look good.”

She shrugged her shoulder, “Fine. I’m just saying if prayers work then imagine what prayers and kisses will do. But fine, I’ll watch in the audience all alone because Amy and Luke are having a baby. Who knows where your parents will be. Probably with Amy. Wow am I going to be on my own? I don’t know if I can watch alone.”

He gave her a look and shook his head. "No. But I'm kind of over my fiance drooling and fan girling over our friend. It's a little weird. You don't even that way with me."

"You tell her everything? Like everything?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure she doesn't want to know everything babe." He told her and shook his head. "Seriously what do you tell her?"

"That picture pissed me off. I was trying to be romantic. Hell I didn't even know if you considered it a date at the time. You were really hard to read at the time."

Jake gave her a look. "You know darn well that dad will be there. He wouldn't miss a fight. Amy only wants Luke in the room anyway so he could show up after the baby is born and it's fine. He wouldn't allow you to be there alone. He will be there. Just trust dad."

“I do get this way this you. But I get to touch you and smack your butt and jump on your back and attack you with kisses. Fuck you all night and then go get pizza and make fuck you some more. It’s the ultimate fan girl fantasy.”

She frowned, “Not everything. Most things.” She corrected. Her mother didn’t need to know about their sex life. That was what she had girl friends for. “Things.” She told him. “If I’m stressed about your fight but don’t want to stress you out I goto her. When I schedule stuff she usually has your schedule in front of her and she helps make sure nothing overlaps too much so we will see each other. She knows you have super sperm and I’m and barren as a desert. Things.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“I was hard to read? If I was it’s because I knew you had girl problems and I wasn’t going to be one of them. I never wanted to marry an athlete. Too many girls, too many baby mamas and too much drama. And now look at me. Married to an athlete and I have a son. Happy as can be.” She smiled.

“Boo, it’s different this time. That’s his first grandson from Amy. We can’t leave her there with your mom. He wasn’t there for Owen. He will want to be there for this one, especially if...” there was always a possibility that the baby would have to go to the NICU like Owen did. “It might be us this time. My mom likes watching your fights from home, I don’t know if she can handle it live. Dad could. I can bring dad.” She said.

“Babe if I was in Amy shoes, I would want my parents and my husband there. Maybe not in the room but helping me through it. And if by some miracle I’m ever pregnant around a fight of yours I’ll watch it from home and hope it doesn’t send me into labor.” She laughed.

He gave her a look before smiling. "I had no idea where you were going with that for a moment. I was sure as hell hoping you weren't going to say you wished you could do that with Nick but couldn't cause I was going to flip." He chuckled.

"Adge...babe...what do you stress out about with my fights? That I'll get hurt?" He caressed her hand and kissed the back of it. "I do want you to talk to me when you worry about fights. Or would you coming and seeing me train help?" He let out a sigh when she mentioned she was barren as a desert. "I love you. More than anything or anyone. But can stay positive about that? I know you don't think it will ever happen. I'm optimistic. Can we meet in the middle somewhere on that?" He asked. "I do think that's cool your mom works with you on our schedules. When we get back from LA, I'm taking your mom out. You really don't mind that I borrow your mom do you? Since mine is a piece of work."

Jake nodded. "Yes you were hard to read. You wouldn't sleep with me which women would line up to normally do. You agreed to date me but I couldn't tell if you really liked me or just did it because it was me. And if you went on a date with me I'd leave you alone if we didn't click. I on the other hand knew from the beginning you were different than most other women. I think I liked I couldn't read you. You weren't just trying to sleep with me or steal my money. Now you are. Now you just want my body."

The way she explained it, she made sense. His dad probably would want to be there. That's how John was. Amy probably also wanted him there. "But she wouldn't want me there?!" He asked pretending to be offended. "Yeah have your dad come. Maybe some of your brothers. We could bring your mom with us if we bring Owen. Dad won't be able to watch him if he's goin got to be at the hospital with Amy."

"I wouldn't take a fight when you're ready to push out our baby. Give me a little more credit. Dana wouldn't do that to us. If he did he would get a lot of shit." He pulled into the bar. "I feel kind of like a normal person going to a bar so late to eat pizza. Feel free to drink. I'm driving."

She laughed, “I can promise I do not want to fuck Nick. I love him, I might still have a tiny little crush on him but only when he sings. My heart is mostly yours. Actually, no it’s not. I’ll be honest. There is someone else who has most of my heart.” She confessed. “Zac Efron.” She shrugged her shoulder and laughed. “It’s Owen.” She confined to laugh. “You should have seen your face.”

She smiled when he kissed her hand, “Of course that you’ll get hurt. That something could wrong. I know this title means a lot to you and I don’t want you to lose it. I don’t want fights to go to decision because I don’t know how those work and I don’t know if it’s fair.” She told him. “I’ve seen you train. I know you train hard. There are just something’s that I will always stress out about.” She said.

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop saying that.” She promised, but it wouldn’t change anything. “Yes, you can borrow my mom. It’s not like you’re going to take over as her favorite. She had four other sons. How do you put it...you’re not a threat to my position as favorite.” She smiled.

“That’s not true! I don’t only want your body. I want your kid too.” She smiled. “And I got him.” She stuck her tongue out and laughed.

“You can’t say no to fights, can you? Without forfeiting your title?” She asked. “I’m sure he wouldn’t do it when I’m ready to push but he might schedule it a month ahead or something.” She said.

“I’m totally drinking.” She said when he said she could. She got out of the truck and walked in with him. She took her beanie off and picked a table away from the window where it would be warmer. She looked at the drink menu and picked something that was strong and fruity.

Jake just gave her a look. "I better have all of your heart. Owen should have a different part of your heart." He told her and rolled his eyes with a small smile. "You're an ass."

He nodded as she explained her concerns with his fights. "I know losing is a possiblity. And trust me I want my opponent to tap or be sleeping on the mat every time. But losing may be a bit humbling. I have to look at the good that comes with everything. But I also think I can beat anyone. Decisions come down to points. There are three judges. They point us on strikes that land, take downs, certain blocks like blocking a take down, things like that. So if I'm dominating the fight it should go in my favor. If it's back and forth, it's hard to tell." He admitted.

He chuckled. "I gave her Owen, I'm her favorite." He told her with a smile. "She's been amazing since I found out about Owen. I didn't have a mother I could go to for advise on how to talk to you about it or how to handle it or handle other things. It means a lot that I can call her anytime and she will be there and listen. She's a good mom and a good mother in law." The thought actually made him tear up a bit that someone who didn't have him actually loved him as much as her mom did. It was good it was dark so he could blink them back.

"Today, you totally want my body. Don't pretend you don't." He told her with a grin.

Jake shook his head. "My agent would negotiate timing for a title fight. I can't exactly back out entirely unless I choose to change weight classes or retire. Which I'm not retiring any time soon. But if I'm injuried or something I can decide to not take a fight. But I do know ones coming up. It will be defending. There's this guy moving his way up that I have a feeling wants a shot. He's also undefeated. His fights go to decision or he knocks his opponent out. He doesn't normally get a his opponent in a submission." He explained. "I really want to knock his ass out."

He followed her inside and sat across from her. Jake looked at the menu and decided one beer would be fine. He left his beanie on but took his hoodie off and sat it on the chair next to him.

“Wow. Another boy.” Adri rolled her eyes. “Not as good as he only girl.” She framed her face and smiled at Jake. “I’m glad you like her. And I’m glad she likes you. I think if anything were to happen to us she would be there for you. And I would want her to be. Knowing your history and how much you love and appreciate her, I think you need her.” She said and squeezed his hand. She didn’t see his tear since it was dark.

“Would you rather have a fight before a baby is born or after?” She asked. “I would rather you fight before the baby is born so that you can heal and be there after the baby is born. But if you fight after then you’ll be training and you won’t be around as much.” She explained. “But it would have to be like a month before, to give your body time to heal if it needs too.”

She raised her eyebrows at the up and coming guy. She liked watching fights that he wasn’t a part of but she didn’t really follow the sport. She would read up on who ever he was fighting next and compare stats but she didn’t do more than that. “That’ll be a good fight. A real good fight.” She smiled.

The bar wasn’t crowded but there were a few groups of people there. She was comfortable. She took her coat off and smiled at Jake. “I love you.”

Back
Top Bottom