Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"Agreed. Our stuff is the best of everything. It will be nice being able to sleep in our bed. I want that more than our shower." He smiled.

Jake kept playing with her hair. "Then we deal with it together. That's what we've always said right? We just want to know right? Maybe we will need to try a bit more or get a little help. We will know." He leaned down and kissed her even being in pain. "We will be okay baby." He caressed her cheek.

"He is going to love Christmas. He will love it all. The lights and gifts. Let me up. I wanna lay down with you. You can lay with me." He told her so he could snuggle on the couch with her. "What do we get the dogs?"

He sighed. "He just was excited to see me on tv babe." Owen turned to look at them and asked, "Da? Da?" He pointed to the tv.

She got up sonhecouldlay down and she laid down with him”owensgoing to want to come lay down.” She told him but right now Owen was happy to be with Max again, he wasn’t leaving his side anytime soon.

“New beds, new toys. Some t-r-e-a-t-s.” She said and shrugged her shoulder. “I’ll go to Petco or something. New leashes.” She smiled.

“I know but Jake that fight was completely brutua you want him to watch you on TV go on Sesame Street or something. He’s not watching that.” She told him. “I saw it once and I don’t want to see it again. I really don’t want him to see it.”

Jake shrugged. "Then you have to find some where else to go lay down." He teased with a smile. "I'm not too worried at the moment."

"Okay. Let's take Owen too. He can help pick out a new collar for Max and his leash. Do they all get their own bed or do we get two. One for Max and one for the girls. The girls cuddle a lot. They are going to be the ones wanting to lay down with us..." He smiled and watched them on the floor with Owen and Max.

"But I'm saying instead of just turning it off completely maybe turn on my weigh ins. Or the media day. So he can still see me." He let it go though, he understood it was hard to watch once he wasn't going to make her watch it again. He rubbed her back.

"Wow, ass. This was my spot first. I'll kick you off of it. You can go sit in the recliner." She told him.

"Maybe we can get them some personalized beds. I say three and then if the girls want to share, they can. Want to do that tomorrow after the appointment and then the next day we can be naked at home. Or we can start being naked now and pack the following day." She told him. "Otherwise we start packing now and I know you don't want to move."

She muted the TV and went to weigh in so Owen could see Jake on TV but not hear all of the trash talking and cursing that went along with weigh-ins and the post interviews. Jake had subtitles in case he actually wanted to watch it. Adri yawned and thought about putting Owen in baby jail but he would be fine. The baby gets were closed. He wasn't going anywhere.

"It's my couch..." He really didn't know who bought it or if they got it together but it sounded good. "You would not. I'm hurt..."

Jake thought about it. "I never said naked but damn do I like how you think. Yeah. Let's do it. Who is watching the munchkin tomorrow during our appointment?" He asked and rubbed her back. "Don't get up...just lay with me. We can pack later."

He only half watched it but more watched Owen looking and pointing at Jake on the TV. It was cute how much he got excited seeing daddy on TV. "Go ahead and take a nap if you want babe." Jake told Adri and kissed her head.

“It’s my couch.” She argued back. She was pretty sure she picked it out and told him to buy it. So it was her couch.

“You did say naked. I’m fine with going without pants though. I’ll just put on one of your shirts and be fine.” She said softly. “He might be going with us. Especially if we are doing Christmas shopping for the dogs right after. He was good the last time. I don’t want to take Liam again. He wants to do some shopping before he gets his daughter. I also need to get her some toys and clothes. And shoes. Not too much but something.”

She watched Owen and rubbed Jake’s hand. “Are you two going to be okay if I take a nap? I might crash if I do go to sleep. Do you want to move this party upstairs to our bed?” She asked. It would be much easier and she wouldn’t get kicked off the couch when Owen decided he wanted to snuggle a human.

"I think I paid for it....so is it?" He asked and raised an eyebrow before giving her a kiss.

He thought about it. "I thought I said underwear but I'm not going to argue and not be naked. If you want naked. I'm down." Jake shook his head. "Let's call someone to watch him. We can just pick him up before we go shopping. He won't want to be cooped up at the doctors office and I want to be able to pay attention and listen to the doctor and not worry about him." He thought about it. "Luke will watch him for an hour or so babe." He was fine with Liam taking a day off and shop.

Jake thought about it. "Yeah we probably should go upstairs. I can shut the door and lock him in." He let Adri get up first then he got up and let the dogs out. Once they were finished doing their business he went in with them and went upstairs with Adri and Owen. He staid behind Owen so he didn't fall down. "Let's get your butt changed and some jammies on bud. That way if you fall asleep you're good too." Jake got his diaper changed and put on pajama shirt and short set for him and let him run in their room to find Max.

He climbed in bed with Adri and held his arm open for her. "I can text Luke..."

“We aren’t doing naked if he’s ariund and he’s not getting out of tht diaper until he is potty trained. So underwear is fine. I still might hang out in your shirt. I like your shirts.” She smiled.

She got up and picked up Owen. She sent him on the bed while she changed into something more comfortable. She put Jake back on the TV and walked into the bathroom and put her hair up. She came back and watched Jake change Owen. It wasn’t heavy lifting so he was fine changing diapers and clothes.

She climbed into the bed and smiled at the girls. She gave them kisses and called Owen over. She turn to ABC family so they could watch the Christmas movies they had on repeat.

“Ask Amy. We can’t just drop him on them. She’s tired and pregnant. And I don’t want to stress her out or make her over exert herself. You know? So just ask her and then we will see.” She told him and fluffed her pillow.

“How are you feeling? Are you going to be okay if the little kicker sleeps between us?”

"Fair enough. I can live with that. I'll wear shorts and no underwear cause I know how much you love it." He chuckled. "I'm totally cool with that."

He got comfortable and thought about it. "That was why I said Luke so he could watch him and not Amy. And it's for an hour that's it." He grabbed his phone and text Luke asking if it was cool and if Amy was alright with it.

"Yeah it's fine. My good side is to the middle. It should be fine." He knew she would he out rather quick.

“If you say so.” She yawned and closed her eyes. Owen sat between them and Max moved towards Owen’s feet. The bed was full but it didn’t matter after all the time they spent apart. They were finally together again.

Adri slept through the day. Waking only to feed and change Owen. She stayed up while Owen ran around their room. She counted down the minutes to bedtime. She was going to let him sleep with them for the night and tomorrow he was back in his bed.

When he was asleep between them she went back to sleep and slept through the night. Owen ended up sleeping in. The time change knocked them all out. She woke him up when she woke up so he wasn’t too off of the schedule. He was very clingy like he always was when he woke up. She kissed him and rocked him back and forth. They went downstairs to feed the dogs and get breakfast started.

Jake stayed up with Owen while Adri slept. He could handle him pretty well but later in the evening he fell asleep himself after taking some pain meds cause it was getting pretty painful but he gave Adri a heads up first before he took them.

He slept a little later than Adri but when he did get up he went into the bathroom and looked at himself in the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. The swelling in his face was done but the bruising was still there. His ribs were still pretty bruised. After doing his business and washing up he went downstairs. He would ask Adri to rub his cream on his ribs after breakfast.

"Hi baby boy!" He said to Owen and gave his head kisses. "Morning baby." He gave Adri a kiss. "My face looks better today I think. It's not near as swollen. What are you making us?" He asked as he tried to look. "Do you need help?"

“Good morning Boo.” She smiled. She looked at his face and nodded her head, “Yeah. Just super bruised. I can cover that up with make up. I am going to schedule the photographer for when we get back from North Carolina. Maybe we can do some decorating before hand. If we are going to get the dogs presents after our doctors appointment we can also look for some decorations just so we have them when it’s time to decorate. Maybe we can find a fake tree too.” She asked because she knew he wanted to relax but there was too much going on to relax right now.

“Fruit salad and scrambled eggs. Maybe some spicy sausage too.” The pan was warming up on the oven for the eggs and she was cutting up some fruit.

“Or we can skip food and just do a smoothie. I’ll make the eggs. And we can have a smoothie.” She said and only cut up the strawberries, apples and bananas. She put the eggs in the pan and let them cook.

"Yeah we may as well do that as we are out. We probably should go to Lowes or Home Depot to get our decorations for outside. They would have a fake tree. They have some with lights already on them. We just put them up and let O decorate it."

Jake wiggled his eyebrows at her. "I can give you some spicy sausage." He couldn't even get it out without cracking up. He thought it was funny.

"We have sausage patties in there. I can fry those up babe." He grabbed a pan out and put it on the stove before grabbing the sausage out of the fridge. "Luke said to just drop O off on the way to our appointment. They are just relaxing at home and he says Owen is not too bad to watch for a few hours and he can handle it so Aim can relax."

"Baby do you use an angel on top or star?" He asked.

“Yeah. We can get some ornaments while we are out too. He can decorate and we can have hot chocolate. He can have some warm chocolate milk.” She smiled. “It’ll be great. Our first Christmas where he gets to help decorate the tree!” Sheclapped her hands which made Owen clap and smile.

“You aren’t happy with eggs and a smoothie?” She asked. “I don’t want to do the dishes later. And you shouldn’t even be walking around.” She told him. “Rest and no heavy lifting, remember? Ooh, maybe you can sit and ride around on the motorized scooter while we shop!” She laughed.

“I would be happy with either one. But they do have those cool ones that light up and show designs on the ceiling.” She told him. “That would be cool right?”

Jake liked hot chocolate. "Let's get some candy canes so I can have a mint hot chocolate." He smiled and shook his head at the two of them clapping. "Would you be opposed to using our old ornaments? Like Mom gave me some from when I was a kid. Since Owen gets to decorate it I think it should be our fun tree."

"You said sausage. So now I want sausage. It sounds good. Plus I'm hungry. I didn't eat any dinner last night. I can make it and put the pan in the dish washer. It's fine." He gave her a look. "Sausage is not heavy...well..." He grinned. "This isn't. And I'm not riding a scooter. Some elder person needs it more than me."

"We can see what they have and go from there. I wouldn't mind the one with the designs. I have a lot of cool ideas for outside. I think we need the truck." He grinned.

“Not at all. We can decorate this tree however you want. The ones at the cabin are themed and done already and I love them.” She smiled. “And you will love them because I told you too.” She said and gave him a kiss.

“We also need to pick up some foundation on your shade so I can cover that up for the Christmas photos.” She told him.

She closed her eyes and shook her head, “Not in front of the baby. Just make the sausage.” She told him.

“We can use the truck I have to move the car seat to it but we can do that.” She said. They would need that with everything that planned to purchase and didn’t plan to purchase.

Jake shook his head. "I don't have to do anything because you told me to. I am my own man..." He kissed her back and gave her butt a smack.

"What's my shade?" He asked confused. "Pale?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"What am I not supposed to do in front of the baby?" He asked confused. "Crack a joke? Are you okay?" He asked raising an eyebrow and rubbing her back.

He looked over at Owen. "We could strap you to the roof." He teased. "You don't mind doing that babe?" It didn't take long for the sausages to cook up and he grabbed some paper towels to soak up the grease. After cutting some pieces up for Owen and letting it cool, he put his own on a plate. "Did you want any babe?"

“Probably.” She laughed. “My pale blonde boys.” She smiled.

“Joke about your sausage. He already says stick wrong. The last thing we need him going around talking about his sausage.” She said trying not to laugh. She wondered if he could say. It might be too many syllables it she didn’t want to find out.

“I’ll strap you to the roof.” She laughed. “You’re broken. I can take you.” She winked.

She shook her head to the sausage and made a smoothie. She poured some into a small cup for Owen and for Jake. “I’ll get him drsssdd after breakfast and we can drop him off around noon and make it to the doctors appointment. Should t take more than hour before we pick him up again and go shopping.”

Jake grinned. "I give a little bit of a tan...not much."

"He's one Adri. He has no idea what that even meant. It went way over his head. Trust me." He chuckled and shook his head. "You're even laughing." He gave Adri's shoulder a kiss.

He gave her a look and narrowed his eyes. "You think you can take me? Yeah I don't think so. I could beat you with broken ribs and a broken eye socket. Nice try though."

Jake sat down to eat with them after thanking Adri for the smoothie. He took a drink. "There is something wrong with this smoothie. You forgot to put the flax seed." He smiled and teased taking a bite of food. "Okay. I can handle that. I was thinking jeans and a nice shirt for the appointment."

As they ate Jake flipped through decoration ideas on his phone. "I'm not going to go overboard outside. I promise."

“I didn’t forget. I don’t like flax seed. I think you will be fine without today.” She smiled. “Do you want a button up shirt do you don’t have to raise and lower your arm too much?” She asked.

She looked at Owen and watched him eat. “Good. Because you’re the one picking everything up once Christmas is over.” She told him. Owen and I can handle the tree. You have the inflatables and lights outside. And just an idea but the cabin had the big classic white bulbs. Those would look good on our house too but I leave it up to you.” She smiled.

“Second also, I want a Christmas flamingo. Just one. Tucked away in the corner of it has to be but I want a light up flamingo with a Christmas hat on it.” She told him.

“Other than that PLEASE do not go National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation on me. Okay?”

"I meant for mine. You can't even taste them." He teased her with a smile. "A button up probably would be better yeah. Good thinking. I have a red and white checkered one I think that looks pretty nice."

He shrugged. "That's fine. I can handle taking the lights down. It won't be till after New Years though which I feel is understandable." He shrugged. "I have a tasteful plan."

Jake raised an eyebrow. "You want a what? Why?" He chuckled a bit. "Owen mommy is weird...."

He just gave her a big goofy grin. "No promises love and we just may say Grace like Aunt Bethany." He chuckled and took a bite. "Plus here we won't be here the whole time so we can be the weird ones on the block and we won't even know." He chuckled.

“We need a House on a cliff with no neighbors.” She smiled. “If we stay here then I want the most amazing view in the world. Of the strip and the mountains.” She said. “That would be amazing.”

She frowned, “Because they are cute. I like them. It doesn’t have to be big. I might have to order it from Peir1. But I’m getting my Christmas flamingo!” She told him.

After breakfast Adri cleaned Owen up and set him down to play with the dogs. She ironed Jake’s shirt and got dressed herself. She grabbed some clothes for Owen and a fresh diaper. She went downstairs to take over Owen duty so Jake could get dressed.

"I am fine with a view. That way when we are old we can sit outside on a swing and hold hands and talk about how amazing of a life we had and look at the pretty view and lights." He smiled.

Jake laughed. "Okay. You get your flamingo. We will look at Home Depot first. You never know." He shrugged. "We are taking Owen with us to get the dogs presents?"

Owen was pretending to be a dog and parking and the girls chased him around and barked which caused Max to bark at them. Jake found it hilarious and was taping it. "Adge baby....we have another dog. This one is probably the cutest though." He laughed and got up to go get dressed. "He's all yours."

Jake got up and went upstairs to get dressed. When he was dressed he came back down putting his watch on. "Are you covering up this bruise babe? Also when we get back can you rub my cream on?"

“Yes we are. He will love it. He can pick out whatever he wants to get the dogs. Hopefully there are no new dogs to distract him.” She laughed.

“My foundation color is too dark for you. We have to buy the right color and then I can cover it up. You’ll be fine.” She told him. “Yeah. If he isn’t a pain I will rub the cream on your side. Okay?” She gave him a kiss and checked the diaper bag. She picked up Owen and looked at Jake.

She set him back down. “I’m going to move the car seat.” She told him and went outside. She struggled with it for ten minutes or so and then came back inside. “Okay come on. Or we will be late.”

Jake sighed. "If this kid shops like his mom then we may be broke and need a Uhaul for the dog presents." He teased. "Maybe we can grab some toys and blankets for the dogs for the shelter so they have something to pass out on Christmas."

"I'm fine today without it babe. Unless you think I need it for our appointment." He shrugged. "No big deal about the cream if he's being a pain." Jake felt bad he couldn't get the car seat set up, normally he did it.

Jake held Owen's hand out to the truck. "Mommy has to get you in or she will hurt daddy for hurting himself." He smiled and kissed Owen's head. He got in the driver's seat and headed to Luke and Amy's. "I was thinking, when we get another dog and it's my dog, I want to go to New Orleans and get a Villalobos dog from the Pitbulls and Paroles show. We can get one that is good with dogs and kids. They will help find a dog that fits our family. And find one who likes to work out."

When they got to Luke and Amy's, Jake got out to go in with them. Luke was already outside smiling. He liked hanging out with Owen, it was giving him practice for when his own son arrived. "Hey man... thanks for watching Owen. We figured it would be easier without having to keep him in line."

"No problem. He's going to help me wrap some presents."

Jake laughed. "Right...you think he will..."

Back
Top Bottom