Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"We can walk. We will be okay." He smiled at Owen. "You'll walk with me huh?" Owen smiled at Jake.

"Adri that will cost a fortune to have it overnighted home. If we're taking a private home there may be room to put it on the plane." He suggested. "Maybe tomorrow we can ask what the private jet will have available for storage." He threw in some sets of balls for the shelter.

Jake watched Adri and the bag of dog food. "You're a beast baby. That's my model future wife." He gave her a wink. "You are hot." He added some extra treats in the cart for the shelter. "I was going to suggest getting help with the food but you did it all yourself."

Owen followed Adri in to see the kittens. "I'm actually allergic. Amy too. I haven't tested it in awhile so I may be better with it. Do you want a cat?" He paid for all their stuff and shook his head. "Our dogs are expensive." He teased.

“Oh yeah we are flying. Okay. If there is space we can throw it under the plane. I don’t see why there wouldn’t be space. All of the presents are already in Denver. We will only have to worry about our presents and mom and dad’s since they are flying home with us.” She told him.

She laughed, “Well even Victoria’s Secret models can be tough.” She said and flexed her toned arm muscle. “Certified bad-butt.” She smiled.

“They were cute.” She said softly and shrugged her shoulder. “I’d save them all if I could. You know that.” She told him. “No kitties, huh bud? We have doggies.” She picked Owen up and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

“They are.” She agreed. “But they are worth it.” She walked out with him and put the stuff in the car. “Why did you have to go and get hurt?!” She asked and picked up max’s food. She pushed it into the bed of the truck and closed the tail.

“Let’s get food.” She said and pointed at Target. “How are you feeling. Are you up for this? Last store and then we can head home.”

"Okay then yeah let's just bring it with us. We will be able to get it on the plane. It won't be a long flight or anything." He told her.

Jake smiled. "And this is one of the reasons I love you so much. You flex in pet stores and say 'bad-butt' in front of our son." He chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"I need to test it out. It's been awhile since I've been around cats and as long as they aren't rubbing up on me normally I'm okay. But let's be honest, it would probably become my best bud or something." He laughed. "You could save them and donate them to old people." He shrugged.

Jake sighed. "I didn't mean to. It's Luke's fault. He should have trained me better." He teased and chuckled loading up the rest of the things they purchased into the truck.

"I'm not feeling too bad. My ribs are fine actually. It's my face that hurts." He told her and they were off to Target. Owen and Jake headed off to the infant section to find him some snacks. Jake held his hand as they shopped. Jake looked at some of the snack items then realized maybe he should have had the cart cause now he wasn't sure how to get all the stuff he wanted to try to the cart so he grabbed what he could in one arm and held Owen's hand in the other. He tossed the snacks in the cart.

"Can we get some peaches? Fresh peaches sounds good."

“I almost said the A word.” She confessed.

“Well if I do get a cat and you’re allergic I will just have to get rid of you.” She told him and shrugged her shoulder. “It was nice having you around.” She teased.

Adri knee what she needed for the pie but she had to look up everything she needed for the Alfredo and garlic bread. She was halfway through her list when they came back to her. She picked up Owen and put him in the cart. “Will you get the peaches while I keep going on my list?” She asked. “We need to get you color matched for foundation too.” She told him.

“I’m just glad no one has asked about it. A stranger might think I’m beating you.” She said and gave his butt a pat. She kept doing her shopping and sang along with the Christmas carols until she ran into a familiar face.

“Hello Layla.” She smiled and they looked at each other. Layla looked wide eyed and Adri’s stomach flipped.

“Hi.” They stopped and wondered if they should say more. She looked at Owen and took a deep breath. “Wow. Hi.” She smiled at him. “He’s so big and healthy.” She said.

Jake just gave her a look. "You what?! You won't get rid of me. Who will you have open the jar of pickles when you aren't strong enough? Who will you have kill the spiders? I'm also taking Bam so...there..." He smiled.

"Yep. I may grab enough fruit to get us through when we leave for Denver." He kissed her cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "You do beat me. They got that butt pat on camera. I have proof. I've also gotten claw marks too..." He gave her a look before he went to the produce section. He grabbed peaches, bananas and some strawberries. He also found some apple slices.

Jake had all the fruit and walked back and kind of froze when he saw Layla. Fuck, that was awkward, especially after their appointment. Jake put the fruit in the cart. "Hey...Merry Christmas."

“You would not take my girl! You don’t have a dog yet. You can take your self and your truck and go. You can’t even take your son. In fact Owen will do all the things. Kill the bugs, open the pickle jars. All of it.” She smiled. “My little man.”

She laughed and shook her head. “You’re a horrible person.” She told him.

“Merry Christmas.” She said but didn’t take her eyes off of Owen. It was her first time seeing him this big.

Adri looked at Jake, like what should we do and looked at Layla. “Can you say hi Owen?” She asked. “Say hi to daddy’s friend.” She told him and he waved but acted shy. Adri rubbed his cheek. “He likes Paw Patrol and anything dog related, really.” She told her and kissed his head. “I never got a chance to thank you for letting me adopt him. It meant a lot to me.” Adri said and took a deep breath. “We shouldn’t keep you. Have a merry Christmas.” She said and walked away leaving Owen just in case Layla wanted to see him some more. Adri went into the other aisle to do more grocery shopping.

"He won't be able to do that just yet. He will try to pick up the bug and then he will just eat the pickles and not open the jar. You need me. You need me." He smiled.

"I am not..." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Jake smiled at Owen and watched Adri. He wasn't too worried because Layla signed over rights to him so Adri could adopt him and she couldn't go back on it. He did understand though if she wanted to see how he was doing. "He loves his dog Max. They are inseparable. We just went Christmas shopping for the dogs and he was a big help." Jake added.

Layla smiled and glanced at Adri. "Of course. You're his mom. You always have been. It was the right thing to do." She smiled and told her Merry Christmas. When Adri turned the corner he looked at Layla. "It was good to see you. How's school?"

She smiled and nodded, "It's good. Life has been busy. I saw you won your fight. Congratulations."

"Thanks..." He looked at Owen. "Tell her bye? Say bye?" Owen just waved again. "Bye Layla." He went around to find Adri. "Where did mommy go?"

“She looks good. Healthy” Adri said when they found her. She put what was in her hands in the basket and walked around to get more stuff.

When she was done she walked with him to the make up aisle and picked up some high coverage stuff. She had to keep on picking up a bottle and testing it against him to pick out the right shade. “I’m half tempted to take you to Mac and let them do it but...” she picked up two more bottles until she found it. “There you go.” She picked up a matte setting powder and she was set.

“There you go handsome.” She smiled. “It will be like it never happened until you wash it off.” She laughed.

"Yeah...it seems she's getting her stuff together. It's good. She said school is going well." He was glad she was getting on the right track.

He pushed his cheek out to help her and turned his face to the side so she could check it. Did you find me finally?" He asked. "You think I'm handsome? Now or when I'm not all bruised up?" He asked and smiled.

They went to check out. "Now I know why you wanted other people to shop for you. A stop or two turned into more." He teased and smiled. "I did get some chicken salad for a sandwich to hold me over till dinner. I figured Owen has his snacks and some fruit." He told her.

Once they paid and got the truck loaded up they were on their way home. "Bets on how soon he will crash? I can drive around a bit and I know he will fall asleep." He offered.

"When you aren't all bruised and broken you are the best." She said and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"At least the grocery shopping for the house will be done by the time we get there. I might have to do some organizing but it will be done. I can make a simple meal so when everyone gets there, there will be something in the fridge for them to eat. I'm really excited about Christmas. It's like my little girl dreams coming true." She smiled.

"He already took his nap. But I am sure if you lay down on the couch he will lay down with you. You will both be out in that scenario and that will help me out. Then I can cook without you two breathing down my neck." She said and held his hand.

"And I might pop open a bottle of wine....oh no limoncello. I am going to open a bottle of that and drink and cook and not drowned in emotion."

"Only when I'm not bruised and broken. Wow. Thanks." He kissed her back.

Jake smiled. "I'm glad it's all coming together nicely for ya babe. I know you've been planning and dreaming of this for awhile. First we got the cabin and now it seems to all just fall into place. We are starting a tradition that will be amazing for our family. I love it." He smiled.

"Alright I'll lay down with him. We probably will happen but I'm going to get a little something to eat first. I'm hungry." He is a guy and likes food and needed a bit of something on his stomach, especially if he took some medicine for his face.

He squeezed her hand. "I've been thinking...this may not be an entirely bad thing for the first time. We can plan a bit better around our schedules. We can still have a lot of fun practicing. The baby will still be ours." His hand caressed hers.

“It’s completely different now. I built up this perfect plan for our future and I can’t even get pregnant without help. It’s not the same. I don’t want to plan beyond picking the month we start trying. I wanted spontaneity. Even if we did ivf there’s a chance it won’t take. We could spend a hundred thousand dollars trying and never have anything come out of it.”

She rubbed her lips together. “It’s not the same anymore. You don’t understand it and I really don’t want to explain right now. Okay? I don’t want to talk about it.” She told him and looked out of the window. She was quiet the rest of the car ride and got the heavy stuff in first and then grabbed the rest of it.

When the bags were in she grabbed Owen and changed his diaper before letting him go. She gave Jake a kiss on the forehead then went to the kitchen to cook.

"But we can still try. Both naturally and with ivf. The doctor believed you could get pregnant just not necessarily the natural way. It doesn't mean it's impossible babe..." He got quiet when she started talking again.

As she said she didn't want to talk about it and it was different he let it go. When they got home he helped carry everything in. Owen ran in to see the dogs and Max sniffed me out but still just played with Owen.

Jake kissed her and grabbed her hand. "I know you don't want to talk about it...but when you do, I'm here. I love you. I'm in this with you. No matter what." He gave her hand a squeeze.

He took his shirt off and changed into more comfortable shorts and laid on the couch. "O...want to come lay with dad?"

“I know. I love you too.” She said and gave him a kiss. It meant something that he was here and he said it but she still felt bad for building this perfect picture and not being able to give it to him.

Owen looked at Jake and kept playing with Max. Adri put the baby gate up to block off the kitchen from the baby and the dogs. Owen was happy on the floor with his toys and his dogs. Adri started the bread first since it needed to rise and since she had the flour out she made the pie crust. While that was settling she took the bags upstairs to their room and tossed the presents into a trunk so when they got to Denver they could wrap and be done.

She went back down and checked on Jake and Owen. “Is everyone coming today?” She asked and looked at her watch. “To help decorate and everything?” She clarified.

Jake hated she was hurting. He was the man of the house and wanted to make everyone happy, especially his future wife. He didn't want to pressure her to talk about it but he had full faith that everything would be okay.

He kept an eye on Owen in the living room since he didn't want to take a nap. He kept smile on Jake's face though as he played. It was a true joy watching his son play and learn.

"I didn't know if you wanted them to come today or tomorrow? My parents have no plans either day, they can come anytime. Do you have enough food?"

"They can come today. How about around 4? That way you, Luke and dad can decorate. Amy, mom and I can cook or make that puppy chow stuff with the baby." She didn't want quiet time. She wanted to keep busy and having people kept her busy. Doing things with her hands kept her busy.

"And Teen Vogue is coming tomorrow for the 90 questions interview and I think they added a make up look too. It still shouldn't take more than a day and then they are out." She promised and kissed his head.

"I have to go dress shopping for Biltmore. If I am lighting the tree then I want to be in a good color. Red, most likely but I should find something. Or have a personal shopper bring me something. You two can decide on the dress as I try them on." She offered to sweeten the deal.

"I'll send a group message. I'm sure four will be good. It won't be too bad on time to get the outside decorations up. Especially if three of us are working on it." He grabbed his phone and sent everyone a text. "Baby four is good!"

Jake gave her a nod. "Okay so I need to keep Owen busy tomorrow. I can handle that." He smiled. "Owen what do you want to do with daddy tomorrow?" Owen stopped and looked at his dad like he was really thinking of what they wanted to do. Then he started talking about random stuff. "Adge... Owen wants to get milk drunk and eat fruit and snacks while we watch movies and play with the dogs. Is that right?" He asked Owen.

"Okay. You're having a shopper come here or to Biltmore? We could match. Or fit well together. What about gold? A sparkly gold? Maybe have a few options of red and gold." He shrugged. "Just a thought but it will depend what they come up with."

"I was hoping you two would stay in the theater and be nice and quiet for me." She smiled and kissed his temple. "You can watch Paw Patrol on the big screen." She whispered and kissed his cheek. "Can I put makeup on you?" She asked. "Just to cover up the eye. I want to see how it looks."

"It will be easier for them to come here with all of the store and everything. So I can probably get that done tomorrow evening, honestly." She said softly and thought it over. It wouldn't take too long. She would get a rack of clothes and try them on for jake and O and see how they liked them. "Sparkly gold can get hoeish really fast." She told him. "But we can try."

"We will have leftovers that we need to eat before we leave. We can send your parents and Luke and Amy home with plates. Amy does not get to take home the pie. That is mine for tomorrow. I should have made two..." It wouldn't too hard to make another one. Only if he said no to the makeup, would she make another pie. A peach pie. "Do you want a peach pie?" She asked. "Or um that thing peach...cobbler! Peach cobbler?" She was starting to eat her feelings and it would get dangerous really fast.

"The theater? We will see. We will keep out of yuor hair. I promise." He smiled and sat up. "Yeah...sure. Only on my eye though..." He chuckled and shrugged.

"It was just an idea." He shrugged. "If gold isn't it that's fine. I just had a thought so I wanted to throw it out there. You will make anything look good anyways so doesn't matter on the color." He smiled and meant every word. She was sexy and seriously mad everything look good.

Jake knew she was keeping busy because of the news they got today. To him it didn't change their future, they could still have kids more than likely and they could work around her schedule now better than before but he also kne Adri and how she was. She kept busy to not deal with the pain or things they needed to talk about. "Baby, the apple pie is fine. Peach cobbler does sound good but maybe we can have it in Denver. We don't need to go overboard while we are still in Vegas."

His hand rubbed her leg and looked in her eyes. It was his goal to not let her sink into a depression. They had a rough time after she was attacked and it took some time to get out of that hole. He wasn't going to leave her side though, no matter what.

"Thank you Boo. We will see about the gold but short gold dresses can make a lady look cheap." She shrugged her shoulder. "Depends on how it is cut and designed I guess. I am sure there are some cute ones out there." She said softly.

She clapped her hands when he said yes and she went to grab the bag. She brought it back to the living room and sat next to him.

"Okay. Yeah, you're right. That's too much." She agreed and pulled the wrapping off of his foundation. She used a new brush and sponge to cover up his black eyes. It looked weird because he was still a little swollen but the foundation was covering for the most part. There is that beautiful face of yours." She teased. "It's a decent color match. The bruise is coming through a bit but photoshop can fix that when we take our pictures. I love you, I just want your unbruised face in our Christmas cards. Should have taken them before the fight. I'm sorry." She gave him a kiss and took a picture to show him."

She leaned against him while he looked at the picture, "When I make my foundations they will be super high coverage to cover up bruises and tattoos and whatever else you would want to be covered up." She told him.

"My girl is definitely not cheap. She knows how to pick some expensive stuff." He winked at her and smiled.

Jake watched her as she worked on his face. "This is the first time I've ever worn make up." He told her. "You should feel special for being able to put make up on me." He teased and smiled. "Now I have a beautiful face? I didn't have one before?" He asked teasing a bit. When she showed him with a photo he looked at it. "I didn't think about doing it before. I don't know why. I'm sorry babe. At least you know that you won't have to worry about bruised faces for the wedding." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"That's good. I would buy some. You should have my shade named after me. The Drifter." He smiled and chuckled. His thumb caressed her leg. "I have a few Christmas mixes on the Ipad if you want to use them today while you decorate." He told her and leaned back on the couch.

“That’s not true. You wearnoowder for your TV interviews.” She told him. “First time off screen wearing it though. If you really loved me you’d let me put a full face of make up on you.” She smiled. “Eyeshadow, contour and highlight. And a wig.” She laughed.

“It’s fine. We were both busy before the fight. We didn’t think about it.” She shrugged her shoulder. It happened.

She laughed and nodded her head, “how about an eyeshadow color? Or an entire pallet?” She asked. “You can pick the colors of the pallet. We can call it the drifter.” She laughed. “And a lipstick. A bright red one.” She offered.

“Babe are you serious? You’re talking to the Christmas queen. I have every Christmas song on my iPod. I have an iPod dedicated to Christmas music. Trust me. I’m covered on music. Speaking of I figured out mom’s present from my brothers and I. I just need to get them on board.” She made a face and sent them a text about it.

"Oh well I guess." He shrugged. "I do love you. Very much...but no..." He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "Will it sweat off?"

Jake chuckled. "I'll pick out a whole pallet. Doesn't mean I'm wearing it but I'll pick it out. It will have red, black, and greys. That's my colors babe. Maybe gold. Cause I'm king." He flexed his bicep. "No lipstick..." He shook his head.

He grinned. "I was trying to be thoughtful and make you playlists. You should use mine. You can listen to the songs that I like. I like some traditional and some new stuff. There are fun ones and some more powerful ones." He looked at her and kissed her shoulder. "What is it? Why can't I go in on this gift for your parents? Or am I joining the family the gift." He winked at her with a grin. "I love you."

"I got mom and dad the tourist guide to Vegas. There are tickets to shows, nights to stay at different hotels, chips for casinos and restaurant vouchers. They can do it all together or spread it out. I even threw in tickets to the next fights in Vegas." He laughed. "Ones where I'm not fighting but can go with them."

“How much sweat are we talking about?” She asked. “I can spray it with setting spray to help it last but I wouldn’t wear it while you are working out.” She laughed. “You’ll be good for now though. Should be good when you out the decorations up. You won’t scare your mom.

“You’re going to need some more colors than that. You transition colors so a brown and a tan. Maybe a white color.” She told him. “You’ll see. You’ll be the first collaboration I have.” She told him and gave him a kiss. “Ooh if by some divine power it gets released before the wedding after the wedding or on our wedding day we can release that pallet.” She smiled. “That would be sweet.”

She smiled, “No. Sorry Boo. You can’t be a part of it. It’s our thing and we promised it would be our thing. Trust me you’ll like it. You will have to wait until Christmas to see it though.”

She frowned when he said he got them tickets to fights but she guessed it might be better for his mom if it wasn’t him fighting. It was easier for Adri. “That’s nice Boo. I think they will use all of that. Maybe not the tickets. But your mom will enjoy touring her new city.” She smiled.

Her timer went off and she gave him a kiss before standing. “Time for the house to smell like bread and pie.”

"I was just curious if it would sweat off. If it's just a bit of a sweating and it will stay then no worries. I may sweat a little putting the decorations up. It is Vegas, not Denver where I'd freeze my butt off. But I was thinking about that with mom..." He was glad that he wouldn't scare his mother too much.

Jake shrugged. "I can add a brown and a tan. You tell me the colors and I'll pick it. But I want each color to have a good name. Like King Gold and Black as Night. Drifter's Shade of Grey." He laughed and kept thinking of cool name ideas. "You think it will be ready that soon? That's awesome babe."

"Hmmm. Okay. I guess Owen and I need to probably go shopping or think of ideas. Time is winding down. I better get something quick." He made a face. "O what does mawmaw and pawpaw want for Christmas?" Owen held up his Rocky toy from Paw Patrol. "I don't think they want your Paw Patrol toys. But a dog...hmmm." He looked at Adri.

"I know that she will enjoy the shows. I was going to go with them to the fights if they were interest. If they don't want to go, I figured we'd swap it out for dad and I going and you and her doing a spa day?" He threw out there. "But I don't know the best place to have a spa day so that's why I had to involve you."

Jake kissed her back before giving her butt a smack. "Love you. If you need me to taste test anything let me know." He told her. Owen walked over to Jake and had his sippy cup and waved it at his father like it was empty and he wanted more. Jake got up. "Want some milk?" Owen bounced up and down. He went to the kitchen and filled the cup up with some milk.

Back
Top Bottom