Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I don’t think it will be that soon but it would be nice if it was.” She said and shrugged her shoulder. “As long as it all comes together I will be happy. And we can do do the Drifter pallet and lipstick, whether you want it or not, on our anniversary. Or your birthday or something. Whatever comes first.” She smiled.

“They might. I don’t know. I don’t want to force a dog on them. Dad has been talking about it. Well mom has to get dad walking around again. Ask mom. They would want something small.” She told him. “And we should probably wait until we get back to give it to them. Don’t want Owen falling in love with another dog that he won’t see all of the time. You know?” She laughed.

“I don’t need a taste tester yet.” She laughed when she heard Jake come into the kitchen. She wiped her eyes really quick and turned to face him. “Oh. Okay. Will it pull the pie dough out while you are over there?” She asked and turned back around. She grabbed an onion really quick and started to chop it up. The bread was in the oven. That was going to take longer than the pie so started on the pasta instead.

Owen came running down the hall after Jake but the baby gate stopped him from entering the kitchen. Adri gave him a snack cup with pretzels in it and he took that but stayed at the gate.

He smiled and kissed her softly. "I love you and how much you want to go after your dreams. It's very inspirational to other people."

Jake shook his head. "He is not stealing another dog that is not his. We could get like a little beagle or terrier or something that would be a lapdog but still energetic enough to go on walks and play with Owen when he's around. Babe! Let's get them a basset hound. A lazy fat big eared basset hound." He chuckled.

He pulled the dough out. He looked her over. It was obvious she was crying when she wiped her eyes. Jake walked to Owen at the gate. "Say please." Owen looked at him and chewed his pretzel, "Peeze." Jake handed the cup of milk to him and he instantly took a drink. Jake walked back over to Adri and touched her hips from behind and kissed the back of her head. "I love you. We will figure everything out together..." He whispered and kissed her head.

Owen took off back to watch his cartoons. Jake grabbed a Powerade and went back to the living room. "Hey O, Papa and Grandma are coming and Amy and Luke. Should we clean up some of our toys so the house is clean when they get here?" Owen shook his head and said no.

“As cute as they are, that loud howl bark would be a problem. That would be cute. Try something quiet and mild tempered. I have faith you will find something. We can drop off the gifts and maybe find a dog at the shelter. If we did that then we would need to adopt him then and bring him with us.” She smiled. “I like it but mom will flip if we get her a dog with a loud bark like that.” She told him.

“I know. I know.” She said softly. She turned to face him and nodded her head. “I know. I’m sorry.” She smiled and gave him a kiss. “Go make sure he isn’t getting into anything.” She said tapped his butt gently.

Dinner was a pain to cook but Adri loved every second of it. It took her mind off of everything and helped her focus on the task at hand. She put the pie in and got work on the main entree. The salad was coming out of a bag but she pitted some olives and shreddded some carrots to make a nice simple salad with Italian dressing.

She was almost finished and waiting for a few little things to finish. She went upstairs to put on something comfortable to wear while they decorated the house. She grabbed Owen as the doorbell rang and she changed his diaper before letting him go see who was here.

"I don't think they would bark all the time though. Probably just depends on the individual dog though." He told her. "I can always look into something else. It was just a crazy idea. I don't want to stress them out when they travel having to take the dog somewhere. It's a lot of work. I don't want to make them feel obligated to get a dog."

Jake shook his head. "You don't have to apologize." He kissed her back before going back into the room and helping Owen clean up some of his toys. Once the living room was cleaned up and Adri came back in the living room he smiled at her. "I'm going to go put a tshirt on to make it easier to move and work on the house." He kissed her cheek.

Jake put on a tshirt and changed his shoes to something he could work in. He came back downstairs and sat on the couch watching tv while Owen played. When the doorbell rang he watched Owen run to the door. The first at the door was Jake's parents. When Owen opened the door John smiled down at him. "Owen! Hi buddy!" He picked him up and gave him a big hug. Eileen gave him a kiss on the head and said hello before saying hi to Adri. "It smells amazing in here." She told her.

“Basset hound would be adorable. Ears too big for its little puppy head.” She laughed. “I don’t know. We will see.”

Adri smiled, “Jake wanted pasta and I wanted pie. And you can’t have pasta with out bread. And you can’t have dinner with out a vegetable. It’s a whole thing.” She said and closed the door behind them. She certainly hoped Jake didn’t tell them about today because she didn’t want the pity looks and everything that accompanied bad news.

Once owen was back on the ground he ran to the living and the adults followed. “Jake had complete, almost complete control of the outside. I have control of the inside of the house. So decorating can take place before or after dinner and dessert. We also got stuff to make puppy chow and sugar cookies and something else. We are going to be busy tonight. That’s the good news.” She laughed.

A few minutes later Luke and Amy rang the bell and Owen ran to the door. He touched the knob but wasn’t tall or strong enough to open the door. She picked him up and opened it for him. She gave Luke and Amy a kiss and let them in. Owen leaned over to Amy and she took him. Owen kept saying baby and pointing at Amy’s belly. Which was hard to watch but Adri held on to her smile like a champ.

"It's my fault it smells so good in here." He told them. "But not my doing. That was Adri. I did good picking a woman who can cook. Once my career is over she can fatten me up." He chuckled.

John nodded. "Almost all control huh? Griswold style?" Jake smiled proudly. "Is there any other way?" He asked with a chuckle. "Baby we need to pack Christmas Vacation so we have the classic to watch in Denver." It was cool that Jake and John both liked the same movie.

Eileen was excited to bake and make treats. "This is nice of you to invite us over to do this Adri. Thank you. It will be nice to spend time with the family and preparing for the holidays. We do have Amy coming though so she may eat all the treats." She teased and giggled.

Jake knew it would he hard with Amy there and being pregnant. It had to be like a slap in the face. Jake would never say anything to anyone without at least talking about it together. Adri couldn't even talk to him so he knew she wasn't ready to talk to anyone else.

The guys got started outside. They would break later to eat before going back out. Jake was up on the ladder hooking up the lights around the roof line.

Last edited:
“Jake they will play it a million times on TV.” She smiled. “We will pack it so you don’t have to wait. Luckily, we don’t have to pack Elf. That is going to be on TBS nonstop. I think it’s TBS. I can watch it as many times as I want!” She did a happy dance.

“It was Jake’s idea. He said it was your tradition and I didn’t want to break it. Especially now that you are down here. My family went caroling on Christmas Eve. We don’t have neighbors at the cabin so I don’t think we will be doing it this year. But we will be making a mix of cookies for santa.” She smiled. “That is important. I sat on his lap in New York and he said he likes a range of cookies and we shouldn’t be surprised if he eats them all.”

The ladies went into the kitchen and Adri went upstairs to get the other decorations. She wanted a wreath above the fireplace. Garland around the fireplace and stockings on hooks above the fireplace. She also had the ornaments to decorate the tree and some other holiday items to go around the house. Decorative pillows and blankets were switched out. Adri wanted options when they took their pictures. The house needed to scream Christmas.

"But on tv there are commercials Adge." He smiled when she said they'd pack it. "But again Elf will have commercials. Christmas Eve we should watch both of them and the listen to The Night Before Christmas." He rolled his eyes to her watching Elf as much as she wanted. "Then I watch Christmas Vacation as much as I want." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Eileen smiled when she talked about her own family traditions. "Maybe we can find a place that we could go caroling. There is a nursing home a friend works at, I bet they would love it if we went around singing to the residents." She offered but understood if they decided not to. She just didn't want her to think they could only do the Daniels family traditions. Amy laughed when Adri mentioned sitting on Santa's lap, "I sure hope that you mean the real Santa and not my brother..." She shuttered.

The guys tackled the outside. There were lights that lined the roof. There was garland and bows lining the door. And wreaths were by the peaks. Nothing over the top but tasteful and exciting. Jake enjoyed doing it with the guys. They joked and picked on each other as well as talked about gift ideas. After they were done he figured they'd wait till it was dark to turn them on and show them off. They went inside. "Is it time to eat yet?" Jake asked with a smile. "Wow....Christmas threw up at our house."

Last edited:
Adri shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know. Caroling during Christmas wasn’t necessarily the most fun for our family. Mom put us in Sound of Music style it fits and forced out to sing. Pretty annoying.” She said.

Adri put on some Christmas music and checked on the food before helping decorate the house. She enjoyed making the house look nice. Owen helped a little. And he showed Amy and Eileen the ornament he got today. When Amy put it on the tree out of reach he tried to climb the tree and then had a melt down when he was told no. Adri gave him the ornament to satisfy him and rubbed his head. “He’s hungry.” She said and put him in the high chair with some Cheerios which made him happy again.

When Jake came in the living room, she smiled at him and put her arm around his waist. “Beautiful right?” She kissed his cheek and fixed a pillow. She loved it.

“It is time to eat. Go sit down, I know you did too much out there with your broken rib and face.” She told him.

She grabbed the Christmas plates and set them on the table. She put the pasta in a nice big pasta dish. The bread was on the table next and then she grabbed the salad. She had everyone sit down and at the last minute got up to grab the wine she had chilled. She poured Eileen a glass and got the guys a beer and Amy water.

“Eat up and we have dessert. Apple pie and ice cream.” She smiled. She started with a small salad.

"Oh I see. I just don't want to upset anyone." She told her. "I bet you all looked cute though." Eileen told her with a smile. "I'll have to ask your mother to see a photo."

Amy smiled. "I get the same way when I'm hungry too. Must be a Daniels thing." She giggled. "Plus he probably doesn't understand it's made for show and not to play with."

Jake looked around. "You ladies did an amazing job. After dinner can go out and see the lights." He told her and kissed her cheek. When she mentioned his broken face and ribs he just looked at her. Eileen looked up at them. "Jake? You broke your face and ribs?" She sounded worried and concerned, "How bad is it?"

"It's not that bad mom. I'll be fine. Just need to take it easy for a few weeks."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

Jake looked at his dad then his mom, "I didn't want to worry you. I also didn't think it was something to say over the phone."

She gave him a small nod, "Okay."

Everyone dug into the food. It smelled amazing and Jake couldn't wait to eat. Amy was asking what they planned to make for dinner at the cabin and if they needed to plan to cook a night, she wanted to help.

Adri made an oopsie face. She thought he told his parents. “Sorry Boo.” She whispered. At least his face was covered with make up. His mother would have a lot of questions on Christmas when his eye was suddenly black.

She ate her salad and then dug into the pasta and fresh made bread. She smiled at Jake and ate her pasta. “Oh my god. I’m eating all of this until we leave for Denver.” She smiled. “This is good.” She said cockily. “Good idea Jake.” She told him. She watched Owen eat his noodle and bread and rubbed his head.

She could have kids but it felt so different now. Now it would take hospital trips and shots and nothing would be the same. It wouldn’t be a sudden surprise like Owen was. She may not even be able to deliver it. C section which meant scar on her lower stomach which could ruin her career. She hated this.

She realized she was staring at him and looked at Amy bad choice but that’s who her eyes went too. She picked up her wine glass and finished off the glass and then poured another.

He shrugged and gave her a small smile. He would have had to tell her at some point that night anyway. His father knew but didn't go into depth about how bad his injuries were with his mother.

"Thanks babe. You did all the work. Thank you. It is good. Really good." He smiled at her and took a few more bites. "Even Owen is scarfing it down." He chuckled. "You like your food bud?" He just said Mmmm.

Jake was keeping an eye on Adri. He knew her mind was somewhere else. He wondered if now she would want to have kids at all since she could have to do so much more to have them. He figured that would just devastate her even more that the only kid they had wasn't theirs. He was trying to stick with the fact that the doctor said there was a chance she could get pregnant on her own but a very slim chance but still a chance. Jake reached over and grabbed her hand. He didn't want her drinking away the pain or eating it away for that matter. He was there and she needed to turn to him for help.

She looked at Jake’s hand and then up at his eyes. She smiled at him sadly and picked her glass up and took a sip. She ate her pasta while Eileen as Amy had a conversation in eat they should get the baby.

She could always get a surrogate. Have someone else carry her baby and never get to feel the miracle of a baby inside of her. Jake wouldn’t get to feel a baby in her belly. Or do what Luke did and read to the baby while she was alseep. She was damage goods. She should do him a favor and let him be happy with someone else who was sure to give him kids.

“Excuse me.” She said softly and got up to go to the bathroom. She was gone for a few minutes. When she came back she had on some glasses she only wore at night to help her head. “Contacts were driving me crazy.” She lied and sat down. Again she picked up the wine glass.

“My dad makes a prime rib for Christmas. But we are going to mix it all together. Anything you guys want to make can be made and trust me my brothers will eat it. They will eat anything.” She laughed. “And I am focusing on the alcohol. I have been watching bartending videos on YouTube and you are going to be my test subjects. Except Amy, of course who has a bun in her oven.”

His hand squeezed hers as she looked at him. They would get through this. He knew they could. It was just hard cause they news was still sinking in. They would need to have discussion though about what they both wanted. He still wanted kids with Adri and he didn't see why they couldn't. IVF wasn't a bad thing. They could still have their child together.

Jake took a drink himself when she got up. He made small talk with his family while she was gone. When she returned he knew she was lying but didn't say anything. He just hoped she wouldn't keep putting off the talk they would need to eventually have.

Hearing Adri talk about Amy he regretted having everyone over. It had to be hard for her but his family didn't know. Amy smiled, "What about the rest of our stay? We can take a night to cook. Or well Luke can." Jake started drinking a bit more too.

“Yeah you can take whatever night you want to cook. I might get a board up so we can start a menu. Whoever wants to cook can put it on the board to let everyone know. That might be our best option.” She said as she thought about it. They were there for ten days. Everyone could pick a day to cook.

She kept eating her pasta and bread because it tasted good and drank her wine. Half the bottle was gone by dessert and that was mostly due to Adri. She was going to crash tonight. Which wasn’t good because Jake couldn’t do anything since he was broken. She would figure it out. He could wake her up.

She collected the plates and went to kitchen. She grabbed the pie and cut everyone a small slice. She gave Owen a tiny slice since he finished his food. She grabbed the ice cream and gave everyone the perfect scoop on top except for Owen who had enough sugar with the pie. She put the ice cream back and sat down.

“Eat up.”

"We should have picked up a chalk board or dry erase board." Jake told her and shrugged. "I can order one and have it shipped to the cabin so that way it's there and we can just leave it there." He told her.

Amy spoke up, "I think you two should be excluded from cooking for all you've done to prepare for stay for everyone. Just my vote." She told them. Jake told her he appreciated that but didn't mind having a turn and he'd help Adri cook.

Owen didn't eat much of his pie. He ate a good dinner though so it wasn't too surprising. Jake figured he'd not take his meds and stay up with him if he needed to. Adri had a tough day and she deserved to drink and forget about it.

After dinner, Jake started to clean up the table and kitchen. Adri cooked so it was only right he helped clean up. "It just needs to get a little darker out and then we can turn the lights on."

“I am cooking when we get there so when everyone comes there is at least one meal in the fridge.” She smiled. “Other than that I might help mom but I don’t think I’ll do any cooking. I’m focusing on bartending. Could be the start of something amazing.”

She helped Jake put the dishes in the sink. “You really need to sit down and relax. Your ribs are going to hate you when you lay down tonight.” She warned.

She did the dishes as she cooked so the sink wasn’t piled with dishes when she was finished. All she had to do was load the dish washer and she wasn’t going to let Jake do it. That was too much bending over and standing up.

“It is pretty early. We start a movie or sit and talk in my newly decorated living room.” She told them. “The tree isn’t finished so you can decorate the tree and embarrass Jake with stories of his childhood.” She joked. “Any naked baby pictures floating around? I’ll take those.”

Amy understood her plan to cook the first day and the just helping out when needed. "You'll have to make me a few virgin drinks so I can still try the drinks." She smiled.

Jake looked at her as he kept cleaning the kitchen. "I'm fine babe." He told her and kissed her cheek. He can't just sit there and not do anything either. His mind was on it as well. Jake's main thing was for her to be happy and she was faking it and he could tell. Plus he had no idea how to make it better.

"We can put a movie on and just talk and half watch." Jake shrugged. Eileen smiled. "I do have some embarrassing photos. He used to take a bath in our kitchen sink. His diaper always found its way off so watch out for Owen. Jake hated clothes. He never wanted to wear a shirt."

"I still don't..." He shared with a grin. "With a chest and abs like mine why would I hide it." He laughed and handed Adri an ornament of a sled made from popsicle sticks. "I made that in school." He handed another of Amy and Jake hugging in a photo inside a bead wreath. "Just wait Adge, I'll get embarrassing stories from your mom too."

“I will.” She promised to Amy.

“Aw. Owen used to have sink baths. Before he hated taking baths.” Adri smiled. “I don’t think we got pictures. He was tiny then. Now he’s a chunker.” She said and squeezed Owen’s cheek lightly. She cleaned him up and set him on the floor.

“Still doesn’t.” Adri and Jake said at the same time. She held the ornament and put it up on the tree out of reach of Owen.

She laughed and shook her head, “I was an angel. I don’t have embarrassing photos. I burned them all.” She laughed.

She sat on the couch with her fresh glass of wine and turned to a channel that was playing cristmas movies. She patted the spot next to her for Jake but Owen climbed up, with her help, and took the spot. She rubbed his little foot and smile at him.

"No Jake didn't have one of those little tubs you guys had. It was just a naked baby sitting in my sink." Eileen laughed.

"You put me in there..." He told her with a smile. "You're all lucky I put a shirt on today. I had to leave the house, that's the only reason I put a shirt on. Tomorrow, don't stop over. There will be no shirt."

Jake rolled his eyes to Adri being an angel. "A VS angel yes, regular angel. No...I know some things you've done. I know you are not innocent." He grinned. "I don't need photo proof. Your mother wouldn't lie to me."

He gave Owen a stern look. "You stole my seat. Mommy saved that for me." He leaned down and blew a raspberry on Owen's neck and he giggled and snuggled to Adri. Jake squeezed in to sit by Adri with Owen between them. He gave her a small kiss. Jake wanted to talk about the baby but didn't want to bring it up in front of Adri. Jake instead talked to Luke about some weigh in changes. The were changing that they were having fighters weigh in at the afternoon and not morning before fight. It meant even longer for some fighters to not eat. Those who can cut weight were the ones suffering not those who couldn't. They had months to know to cut if they couldn't do it, they need a different weight class.

Last edited:
“Both you butt. I’m an Angel in every sense of the word!” She told him.

Adri rubbed Owen’s belly and put her hand on Jake’s thigh. Eileen asked Amy about the baby and kept touching her grandson, who was moving around and kicking. It made Adri smile but she felt sad as well. Owen crawled to Amy’s side of the couch and kept poking her belly and saying baby.

Eileen picked him up and sat him on her lap.

“He’s going to be so jealous when that baby is born! I’m going to have to keep an eye on him when we babysit.” She told Jake.

“It’ll be good practice for when you start having kids though.” Amy said. “Grab the toddler before he can grab the baby. It’ll be a fun game.” She laughed.

“Yeah.” Adri smiled and looked at Jake.

Jake watched his mom and Amy and he wanted to say something for them to stop but didn't know how and to do it politely. Plus it would probably just make Adri mad for saying something cause they would want to know why it was a problem.

It was cute though that Owen knew where the baby was. "Owen....what did you want to name your cousin?" He looked at Jake. "What did you tell daddy you wanted to name him?"

"Ra Ee."

"Rocky...from Paw Patrol of course. Or Rocky from the Rocky movies is fine too." He smiled and wrapped his arm around Adri.

Jake looked in her eyes to see if she was okay. He kissed her temple. He whispered into her ear that he loved her. "Do you want me to go light the lights...so we can kick them out?" He asked softly.

“Well I have some bad news for you little guy. Your cousin is not going to be named after your pet, your favorite show or your dad’s favorite movie. We have a name picked out. And I like it very much.” Any said and rubbed her belly.

Adri nodded her head to kicking everyone after lighting up the house. “I’m sure it looks beautiful.” She said. He wasn’t really in the mood to see it anymore but Jake and the guys out a lot of time and work into it and she could keep the happy face on for a little while longer.

She got off of the couch and picked up the glasses. She finished her glass of wine while everyone else was getting ready to go outside. She grabbed some shoes Owen and put them on him. The dogs were pretty good at staying near them so they could come outside with too.

"Well...are you sharing or not?" He asked her and raised an eyebrow.

Jake got up with the group to go outside. The guys were pretty excited to show of their handy work since the girls showed off the living room. John held his hands out for Owen and picked him up. "Want to see the pretty lights outside?" Owen nodded.

Jake went outside with everyone after flipping the switch for the lights in the garage, Max was close to Owen. In his hands he had both ends of the plugs. "I would like to dedicate this lighting to the big ol' Daniels Christmas." He said being cheesy like from the Lampoon's movie. He plugged them in and they all lite up.

Owen's face lit up. Jake looked at Adri, "What you think?"

“Not sharing. I think you’ll like it though. Luke and I promised each other to keep it to ourselves. The baby room is decorated and his name on the wall and it’s precious. When Adri comes to look at it I will take the name down but we are ready.” She smiled. She was glowing. She looked beautiful. “And I’m getting to the point where I am ready and I have three months left.” She laughed.

Adri rolled her eyes at his cheesiness and looked at the house. She smiled when the lights flicked on. “For a moment I was hoping it wouldn’t work.” She teased. “It’s beautiful Boo. It really is.” She said and picked up Owen. She kissed his cheek. He pointed at the lights on the house. “I think he agrees. “ she told him and set Owen down.

This was a nice way to end the night. She put her arm around Jake’s shoulder and smiled at him. She puckered her lips for a kiss and rubbed his back.

John took a picture of them from behind. Adri had her arm wrapped around Jake’s waist and Owen was hugging Adri’s leg. They were out of focus and their house all light up for Christmas was in focus in front of them. It was a really nice picture they would see when they looked at their phones.

Back
Top Bottom