Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I don't have anything planned for tomorrow. I was going to pack for our trip to Biltmore but that won't take long. I do have a personal shopper coming over tonight with a round of Christmas dresses for me to look at. I'm not saying that you have to put on a shirt. I will be happy if you don't but she is coming."

She shook her head, "It's not a diet. He just eats what we eat and most days we healthy so he does too. Parents get finicky when you say kids are on a diet." She rolled her eyes. "This kid will be a badass though."

She smiled at them and after breakfast went up to take her nap. She closed the blinds and stripped down into her underwear and slid under the covers. It was easier sleeping now than it was last night.

Her father woke about thirty minutes after Adri went down and went downstairs. Owen ran to him and Adri's dad picked him up and tossed him in the air. He took him tot he kitchen to make a cup of coffee and went to sit in the living room. "Whatever that bed is in your spare room, we need it. That bed is better than my bed." He told Jake.

"We can carry over naked day to tomorrow. Sweet!" He chuckled. "I probably should have underwear on though..." He told her for when the shopper was over.

Jake looked at Owen then Adri and rolled his eyes. "It's just our diet. A fighter and model healthy diet. We normally don't eat crap. Or if we do it's random and limited." He smiled and gave her a nod. "He is already badass."

He gave her a kiss. "Sleep well baby." The boys went into the living room and Owen played with his toys as Jake watched TV. Jake smiled when he saw her dad and Owen run to him. "If you're hungry I can make you something to eat."

"It is pretty nice. I'll have to look into what it is and get the info to you." He had no intention of getting info to him, he was buying it for them for Christmas.

She nodded her head, “Yeah. You should probably have on some underwear when she comes.” She agreed.

“I know how to cook, Jake.” Richard laughed and bounced Owen on his knee. “How are you feeling? You’re not looking too good. When Adri called last night I thought I was going to have to do that to you.” He chuckled. “We had no idea what was going on. She was making it sound like the end of the world.” He shook his head.

“You won’t know true helplessness u til your daughter calls you crying and there is nothing you can do about it.” He told him. “And I promise you, it’s the worst feeling in the world. I got her some ice cream like we used to do when she was little. I like to think that helped a little bit.” He shrugged his shoulder. “All we can do is try to make her feel better.”

"I know you can but you're in my house and you're a guest. I didn't want to be rude." He shrugged. "I'm sore but I had a big day yesterday with the doctor appointment, shopping and then decorating the house. I'm okay other than that."

He gave him a nod. "She was pretty upset last night. I tried to talk to her and I think only have made sense or half got through to her. I'm trying to be understanding and sympathetic cause I do know it is different for her..." He shrugged.

Jake looked down. "It probably felt similar to as helpless as I felt. I'm marrying her and I she was ready to let me leave cause of this and she was hurting but I could tell she was putting that wall up. She hadn't exactly broke down with me. At least she was showing some sort of emotions with you and Maria. If she had her way she would have put off talking about it till after New Year. I couldn't wait that long. She would have shut me out if I let her wait..." He shook his head and looked away.

"I felt bad having my sister over yesterday. It was like shoving it in her face. I tried like hell to tell her that we could still have kids, just maybe not the way she wanted or as easy as we planned. I don't believe that God would make it impossible for us...Adri is too good of a mother..." He told her father and looked at him.

Richard sipped on his coffee and nodded, "She is stubborn when she sets her mind to something." He laughed. "She hated crying and talking even when she was little. We could never figure out why. She was independent. She had us and five brothers to lean on but she would rather go her own way. She hated being told what to do or when to do it." He sighed.

"There was never a time she said she didn't want kids. We had these picture albums of Maria pregnant and Adri would stuff and blanket in her shirt and be like Mommy. All the time. She dreamed of being a mother long before she started dreaming of prince charming and getting married. I don't know which was worst for me." He laughed.

"I think it was just a tough blow to her system. To have that dream and then have it pulled out of reach. It can't be easy for her. But she has you, she has this guy. She will come around and figure it out. She has it all planned out and now she has to deviate from her plan, that what her issue is. But you can't plan a baby. You can try but babies come on their own time. Ask Owen, he knows. He came when he wanted too, not when he was planned."

He set Owen down so he could go play, "It will happen for you two. It has too. She won't give up o kids She just has to rework how she will have them."

Jake grinned a bit. "She is very independent. I found that out very quick before we even started dating. I like it about her though with most things. But things like this I wish she'd let me in. Last night and today we've talked so that's good. Normally just buries herself in work." He watched Owen.

"She shut down about Owen. Wanted nothing to do with diapers and feeding and getting up with him. Now she probably gets up more than I do." He chuckled. "As soon as she held him it was love at first sight." Owen smiled like he knew what they were talking about. "She is an amazing mother. I couldn't ask for a better woman to mother my children and help raise them."

"You can plan with IVF in a way...so I'm trying to look at that as it may be the best option cause she can plan around work and her schedule. I'm ready to try it but I understand her concerns and what if it doesn't take..." He sighed. "I don't want more pain her way." He gave her dad a nod. "She wants them too bad to give up on them. I know that. When she wants something she gets it." Jake smiled and watched Owen.

Owen was chasing Max around and laughing. "But at times I watch him and wonder how we will handle two. I'm not sure how you and Maria did it with all your kids." He chuckled. "She wants me to be able to experience it all just like she does...I love her for that."

“This close to her favorite holiday I don’t think she’d do that to you. But any other time I can believe that she would disappear.” He laughed. “That might be my fault. That’s what I did when she was little.” He said. “Not like I had much a choice.“ he was in the military for thirty years so he was away from his family for long periods of time. There were times when Maria was on her own for months. That’s why Andre and Adri were so close he was the oldest and the father figure until he joined the military. Then Drew and Adri were constantly fighting for their mother’s attention and that drove a wedge between them.

“I know you two will figure it out. Maria wants multiple grandkids from all of her children. I don’t have the same wish. That’s a lot of names to remember.” He joked. “Don’t tell her I said that.”

About and hour later Maria came downstairs and made a cup of coffee. She gave Owen hugs and kisses and sat down with Richard and Jake. She was singing a German kids sing to Owen and he loved it but he didn’t really understand it.

“We should probably head home soon. Make sure it’s still standing.” Richard said and rubbed Maria’s knee.

“Should we take him or can you handle it?” Maria asked Jake. She watched the fight. She imagined he was in more pain than he let on. “He can always spend the day with us and we drop him off at night.” She kissed Owen’s head and rubbed his back.

Jake understood. He had the fight or flight attitude too at times. At least with him though he was trying not to fight more and more. Since Adri and Jake started dating Adri had helped keep Jake grounded. He had that 'I don't give a shit' attitude about a lot. Once Owen came into play too it made him mature a bit. "I think that was part of our issues before. We wouldn't talk. I was trying not to argue so I kept it in and she just wanted to run and we both had a lot build up....We are in a much better place now."

He couldn't help but laugh about not remembering all their names. "So far it's easy. But if you need I can get name tags for ours." He laughed.

Jake liked that her mom was singing to Owen in German. He would ask Adri what she was singing later. "MawMaw will have to teach you that song O."

He thought about if he wanted them to take Owen. It could be nice for the two of them to have time alone but then again they were just getting home and deserved to relax at home alone. Plus with Adri having her Teen Vogue and personal shopper, he needed something to keep his off of everything the best he could or his mind would wonder. "I can handle him. Plus it will keep me busy." He smiled. "I appreciate it though. You're still good on watching him for the weekend while we are at Biltmore?"

“Alright. Call us if you need us.” She told him and gave Owen one more kiss before setting him down. She went upstairs and changed. Richard was in sweats and a T-shirt and would drive home like that. She came back down stairs and picked Owen up again. “We love watching him.” She kissed his cheeks. “Let us know if we need to take him.” She said and sat him down much to Owen’s disapproval. He started to whine and put his arms back up and big alligator tears rolling down his cheeks and he ran to Jake.

Adri’s alarm went off at ten thirty but she cut it off and slept a little while longer. She was exhausted and just wanted to stay in bed all day. She already agreed to Teen Vogue coming though so she couldn’t back out the day they were due to arrive.

Owen’s fit lasted well after the grandparents left. It was a little past his nap time and the time change was still making him cranky. A bottle of milk and some rocking back and forth and he would be fine.

He thanked them for the offer and for agreeing to watch him while they were out of town. Jake got up to walk them out and pick Owen up. "It's okay buddy. You get to spend the weekend with them." He got him to wave bye to them from the sidewalk. The poor guy had a few long weeks. Once back inside he got got Adri's eggs boiling.

Jake got him a bottle and rocked with him while he watched cartoons. He kept an eye on the clock. "Why don't we go wake mommy up okay?" He carried Owen upstairs to their bedroom. "Give daddy a minute then you can give mommy hugs okay? Stay quiet." He put a finger over his lips and carried Owen in the bedroom and set him on the floor.

He saw Adri and took a photo of her sleeping, she looked beautiful. He then sat next to her and kissed her forehead, cheek, and jaw. "Time to wake up gorgeous." He caressed her side.

Adri groaned when Jake woke her up and turned her face into the pillow. She huffed and heard Owen walking around the bed and turned out her side so her legs were away from Jake but her upper half face up. “It can’t be 11.” She said and stretched her legs. I’m filming this video and then taking another nap.” She yawned and sat up. She leaned over and pulled Owen up on the bed. He laid his head on her chest and she rubbed his back.

“Mom and dad still here?” She asked. “How did this guy do for you? You should be down for a nap little boy.” She said and tickled Owen’s sides.

“I guess I’ll get ready.” She yawned again and sat up. Owen straddled her torso with his head on her chest. She kept rubbing his back and smiled at Jake. “Will you help me make the bed? I think we are filming in here so I want it to look nice.” She said and got out of the bed using one arm to support Owen and the other to pull the sheets into place and help make the bed.

Jake rubbed her side and gave her a nod. "Unfortunately it is babe. I'm sorry. I wish I could have let you sleep longer. Another nap is fine." He kissed her softly.

He shook his head. "They left about an hour ago or so. They offered to keep him but I didn't want them worrying about him the first day back home. If we need to call mom said we could. Hey...she was singing a song to O in German. Know what it could have been?" He let her up and watched her with Owen.

"Someone wanted to wake mommy up. He also has a melt down when they left. I felt a little bad about keeping him but I figured him and I could spend time together." He motioned for Adri to get away from the bed. "I can get it." Jake looked at Adri, "Oh your dad loves our guest room mattress. I'm getting them a mattress for Christmas. I will have a photo or something for Denver then have it delivered once we are home." Jake was proud of that idea. "Your breakfast is waiting downstairs. I can get him down for a nap."

Adri raised her eyebrows and smiled, “I know her favorite one is abel, Babel, Gänseschnabel. It’s a counting song. Usually she asks how many kisses do you want and she’ll bounce and count until he laughs and then give him that many kisses. She’s done it to every single baby.” She laughed.

“You miss them bud?” She asked Owen. “Or are you just sleepy?” She rubbed his back and looked at Jake, “he’s tired and he doesn’t know what to do.” She told him. “I doubt he will last much longer.” She said.

She moved out of the way so Jake could make the bed and tossed the pillows on to help him out. “Thank you for breakfast.” She said as she handed Owen over to him. She went downstairs and ate the toast but wasn’t really hungry enough for the egg so she put it in the fridge. She went back upstairs and showered to help her wake up.

She didn’t have make up on because that’s as a video they were filming and then they would do the 99 questions video out by the pool because it was a beautiful day.

She smiled at Jake, “You have on underwear right?” She asked. “The personal shopper should get here right after Vogue so you can be in just shorts in like three hours.” She promised.

"That sounds about right. You're mom needs to teach Owen to sing it with her. Or you do." He smiled at Adri. It was nice that she knew a bit of her family history and could pass it down to their kids. "How come you never ask me how many kisses I want?" He asked with a grin and kissed her softly.

Jake looked at her. "I think it's both. I think he got used to them being around every day and now they aren't and he misses them. Prepare for meltdown after we get back from Denver. I can put him down."

"You're welcome babe." He took Owen and went downstairs and got a bottle for him and laid him down in his room with Max. They both could take a nice little nap. Jake could even take out if he wanted. By the time she came back downstairs, Owen was already asleep with Max on the floor.

Jake looked at her. "You didn't look to check? I'm disappointed babe." He told her and sighed. "I've had underwear on because your mom and dad were here. In three hours it's all coming off." He teased and chuckled. "I may watch my fight while you are doing your Vogue. I could cook for you tonight. You deserve a break." He told her.

"You want him to learn German, that's what you want. Trust me mom will teach him. I speak it to him when you aren't around. He loves it. But you're around I keep it English because you don't know German." She told him and shrugged her shoulders. "His brain is a sponge, he is collecting everything we say. Your brain, not so much."

She made a face, "I don't know. I think he is going to miss us when we leave so he will want us more when we get back." She told him. "I don't see a meltdown at all. Unless they sneak him sweets, then we will have a problem. Maybe they can start potty training. They taught four boys and me, they can handle one more. Imagine that Jake. A little over one and out of diapers. They would have done the impossible." She joked.

"We have a lot of leftovers that we need to eat. You don't have to cook. You can just reheat. Throw the pasta in the oven to warm it up and make it all gooey again. Warm up some bread and the pie and I will be happy. Where is the pie? I couldn't find it. Did Amy steal my pie?"

"I don't think him knowing things in German is a bad thing. How impressed would your grandma be." He smiled. "That's rude. It's like you're keeping secrets and it's not my fault that I don't know what you're saying. We didn't have German in school. We had French or Spanish so well...I like tacos so I took Spanish. Plus we could have fiestas and bring in food...like tacos." He grinned proudly.

Jake shook his head. "They know better than to give him sweets. He will get plenty in Denver trust me. We will have candy canes and pies and hot cocoa." Jake agreed it would be nice to have him potty trained. "We can let them give it a go. We do have his little potty. We just got away from putting him on it when we go so he tries to go. It's just something that we need to do again."

"We have enough for both of us? Okay cool. Easy enough. I just didn't want more take out." He shrugged and gave her an innocent look. "I didn't let her take it. I don't think she took it. But she is pregnant so anything is possible." Jake got up and moved things in the fridge. "It's right here baby. Do you want a slice? We have three left. Enough for you to have one now and at dinner and for me to have one at dinner."

His arms wrapped around her. "What all is going to be done on your interview?"

“It’s nr a bad thing at all. It will look great on all of the preschool applications. Our baby is bilingual.“ she smiled. “Prep schools love that crap. As if his dad being a champion UFC fighter and his mom being a Victoria’s Secret middle asnt enough.” She smiled cockily.

“No I don’t want pie right now. I can save it for later.” She told him.

“Well the first thing we are going to do is put some make up on this face of mine. My everyday make up which is super simple. Mask any pimples, eyeliner, maybe a little eyeshadow and lipstick.” She said. “The second video is 99 questions that they ask and I have to answer in rapid succession. They are super simple one word answer questions. Should not take that long but it will take much longer than the make up.” She smiled.

“And all of this is for YouTube.”

"I'm sure it does help for any school. I think Emma helping him and with what we work with him on, he is going to be smart and advanced for his age. It has to help having us asparents. He will have brains, muscles and looks." Jake smiled proudly. Being a father was easily the proudest thing in his life.

He looked her with a blank look. "No guarantee it will not have a bite out of it." Jake teased before grinning. "Love you."

"Hmm. Can I watch the questions? Who is your man crush better be me..." He teased with a smile. "Sounds fun. You can add that your every day make up is the make up I like. Little as possible."

"You better not touch my pie." She warned. "I will knock your ass out. I know your weak spots. Ribs, elbow and face. Kick the ribs, punch the face and I don't know what I would do with the elbow but I will figure it out." She told him.

She nodded her head, "I don't see why not. He will be down so as long as your quiet then yeah." She smiled. "I can't promise that you will be my man crush. I might pick Nick. Or the Rock. Or the guy that played Kahl Drogo in game of thrones. I just have so many." She teased.

It was long before then crew came. It was a very simple set up. They went to the bedroom and set up lights around her vanity. She filmed that video and it took maybe twenty minutes. Then they moved to the living room so they could film the 99 questions which ranged from favorite color to what would you be doing if you weren't a model. When the man crush question came up Adri said Jake. Then the producer asked Jake if he had any questions for Adri.

"If he didn't already propose I would think that was a set up for him to pop the question." She laughed. "Give me a good questions, hit me with your best shot."

"I could kick your ass injured. Don't even play..." He shook his head. "You fight so dirty. So dirty. I'm surprised you didn't mention my junk but you probably will be hurting as much as me with that one." He grinned.

Jake just gave her a blank stare. "I can't believe you. You can't have a crush on someone in our wedding. I guess I have to kick Nick out now. It's all your fault too. Damn. I liked him. Not anymore..." He chuckled.

He watched the questions and when the producer asked him his eyes went wide. "I quizzed her on who her man crush was. I'm glad she passed. She had me a little nervous. Who's your woman crush? Who do you think you'd be with if we weren't together? Another celebrity? Model? Athlete? If you had a day all to yourself, no boyfriend, no son, what would you do?"

"God he said do you have a question. Not three." Adri joked and thought about it for a second.

"Woman crush Ruby Rose, all day every day. Call me." She winked at the camera and smiled at Jake.

"If we weren't together...I don't know. I had one serious relationship before you. I wasn't really dating when we met and it was in your 'rules' that I didn't date while I worked for you. I don't know." she told him. "I don't even know what I would be doing for work if I wasn't dating you." She thought about it and shook her head, "That's a lie. I was a model before you." She laughed.

"All day to myself I would...shop probably. When I'm bored I shop. I'm alone a lot when I travel so I usually just sit around the hotel in no pants and shop online. Or do my makeup I love that. I'll go all out drag make up. That's why we did the Frankenfurter and Rocky costumes for the Halloween lipsync. I got to go all out on my makeup and put you in tiny shorts." She smiled.

"We still have those if you want to go put them on."

"Oh well I thought she said questions but eh." He shrugged and chuckled.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Right...I'm sure she will call you right away."

The producer looked at Jake, "That was a legit rule?" Jake gave her a nod. "It was. I had assistants in the past who got jealous that their girlfriends worked for me. I had one who tried to fight me. I didn't need to deal with guys trying to fight me while I'm working. My fighting happens in the cage." He gave ha nod. "Best rule for you though..." He looked at Adri, "It meant I could have a chance." Jake chuckled. "You may have been a model before but you got back into it because of me."

"That sounds kind of boring. Shopping or doing make up. I would have thought sleep or travel or go to the movies." He shrugged. "I'm not putting those short shorts on. It's not happening." She knew what he would put on after they were left alone.

“Because I was sure you were about to fire me.” She corrected.

“I would travel but it’s fun to travel with someone else. If I was by myself and it was a regular day I would just shop, do make up and nap.” She smiled.

Her personal shopper rang the bell and she did some final thing for the teen vogue people before they started to wrap up. She waited for them to leave and while they did that her personal shopper was getting set up in the bedroom.

She went upstairs to try on some clothes. She was excited. It was time to find something to wear for Christmas. She hoped she found something good.

“Do you know what you’re wearing Jake?” She asked and flipped through the rack of dresses. “What color at least?”

Jake shook his head. "You were the best assistant I had up until that point. I wasn't firing you Adge." He smiled and watched her.

"You know what I'd do if I was alone for a day." A grin formed and he shrugged.

He followed her up to the bedroom and laid on the bed on his good side and watched her. "I have no idea what I'm wearing. Do you mean to Biltmore or to actual Christmas? Not that I know for either one but just curious. I thought this was for Biltmore." Jake looked around. "Maybe I should get a personal shopper." He told her with a smile and wiggled her eyebrows. "Oh wait. That's why I have you babe!" Jake chuckled.

“Biltmore. We do have to get dressed up for Christmas though. Mom likes us to be dressed up for holidays. I think I’ll put Owen in black pants and a plaid button up. That boy looks good in plaid.” She smiled.

“Find an outfit for dinner. How about khakis? Your but looks good in khakis. Everyone’s does.” She told him.

She picked a few dresses to try on and didn’t like the first couple. Then she tried one on that Jake requested. “Red and sparkly just like you wanted. You like?” She asked. And picked up a green one that caught her eye. “This one is cute though. And shorter.” She let him get a look of the red dress and then put on the green dress.

“What do you think? Or I can go classic plain red.

Back
Top Bottom