Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“Okay. We can try that out but if we do get a rescue pit I really want to see how they act with the dogs and then Owen and then all four of them together.” She told him. “I really want to make sure they all get along before we leave them at the house together.” She told him.

She got out and got Owen of the backseat. She helped him jump out of the truck and grabbed the diaper bag. “Yes thank you very much. Someone is very excited to see you.” She said and handed the diaper bag over.

“How is Amy?” She asked. “Has the swollen gone done around her ankles? Poor thing.”

"I'm fine with that. We can go see the dogs ourselves then go back with the dogs or something. They won't leave their dog with ours if they thing something doesn't fit well. They do good jobs trying to find the perfect home and families for the dogs." He agreed.

Luke took the diaper back. Owen pointed to Luke and said, "Ook Ook!" His hand opened and closed to wave at Luke. "You're welcome."

Luke smiled. "She's doing okay. A bit tired. She's just trying to relax as much as possible. Not really. She will be okay. She's just trying to not do much until Christmas cause she'd be crushed if she can't go to Denver. The doctor cleared her so she should be good. Plus this guy helps make her happy."

Jake gave Owen a kiss. "Be good buddy. Love you. Take care of Aunt Amy okay?"

Adri gave Owen a kiss. “Let us know if you want us to pick up anything. We shouldn’t be long. An hour maybe and then we will come and take him toy shopping. He should be good without a nap. Slept a long time last night.” She told Luke.

They got in the car and Adri put in the adresss to the clinic so they could get their results.

She held Jake’s hand as they drove and looked out the window. “What do you want for Christmas? I have the little things picked out for you but you have everything. Is there anything you want that you wouldn’t normally ask for?”

Luke smiled. "We will be okay. But thanks." Owen waved a bit to Adri and Jake.

Jake thought about it as he drove to the clinic. "Hmmm. I don't know. Let me think a little." He held her hand as they drove. She was right. They had a lot and anything he wanted he normally just got himself or she thought of to buy for him.

"The only thing I can think of is a watch winder. It winds automatic watches wen you're not wearing them. You can get once with drawers for battery powered watches too. You can get them with locks and stuff. They can be kind of expensive so that's why I never really mentioned one before." He shrugged. "I'll keep thinking though."

He pulled into the parking lot of the clinic and found a spot. He parked and squeezed her hand. "I love you."

“Okay. I will keep that in mind. You have until a week before Christmas. I’m not wrapping anything after that.” She told him.

She smiled at him and squeezed his hand back, “I love you too, Boo.” She told and gave him a kiss before they got out of the car. They met at the front and she grabbed his hand and walked in with him.

After checking in the doctor came to get them and took them to his office. They had separate doctors initially but now they were getting their information from their primary. After the usual small talk before meetings he got down to business.

“You originally came to discuss the possibility of you passing down any diseases or syndromes to your future children. There is nothing that caused a red flag. We don’t know any genetic markers that could cause autism but health wise we don’t see why you two wouldn’t have healthy children.” She said starting with the good news.

“Jake, you are a very healthy young man. You made a healthy son who due to an early birth got a neonatal distress syndrome with his lungs. This had nothing to do with you. You have an exceptional sperm count and I would advise to use protection.” He laughed.

Adri laughed and smiled at him. “I guess I am getting my million babies after the wedding.” She she teased and squeezed his hand.

"That's fair enough. Or I wouldn't mind a motorcycle. Like I kind of want to call the guys from American Chopper and have my own chopper done. But until then a Harley would be alright." He smiled.

He kissed her back before getting out and grabbing her hand and walking in with her.

It was a relief knowing that Owen didn't get his syndrome from him. Jake chuckled. "Thanks doc." He squeezed Adri's hand and looked at her. "That is good that you want a million babies. And the doctor says they will be healthy and with how good we look they will be beautiful too."

Jake looked at the doctor. "I do have a question...is there anyway knowing the possiblities of gender? She is determined for a girl and if we have the first one being a girl we won't have to have a million." He smiled and cared her hand.

“I’m not getting you a motorcycle.” She laughed. “Sorry. I’m sure you’re a great motorcyclist but I don’t trust other drivers and I don’t want you getting hurt.” She told him.

The doctor laughed, “Not yet. We don’t have a way of making sure the first is a girl naturally. Sorry.” He smiled.

He looked at his notes and then looked at Adri, “We took a look at Adri and the tests show that she has healthy eggs waiting to be fertilized.” He started. “However, there was some concerns when it came to the uterus. Adri, you have a very narrow entrance which can make it difficult for and egg to take its path to fertilization.” He said. “This doesn’t mean you can’t have children this just means you may need to use other methods.” He explained.

“IVF is a suitable option for conception. There are some genetics we would be able to toy with and create a baby girl for you when you two were ready.” He said and looked at Jake and back at Adri.

“Oh.” She said softly.

“This is something that of you can deliver naturally could correct itself and future children can be conceived naturally but you may have difficulty with your first.”

She frowned and tried to digest it all. “Okay.” She said softly.

“Did you have any questions?” He asked Jake and Adri.

"It's sweet that you don't want me hurt. Bad thing is my job is a bit dangerous..." He smiled and chuckled.

Jake shrugged when the doctor said there was no way to make sure their first child would be a girl during a natural conception. "Doesn't hurt to ask."

He squeezed her hand. It was obvious to Jake that what the doctor told her worried or upset her and he wanted her to know he was there for her and they'd get through it together.

"I just want to make sure I'm understanding. The first conception is not impossible to do naturally but may be hard. But after the first birth it may get easier to conceive naturally? And she can still carry a child and both be healthy? There is no concerns in the pregnancy itself or the delivery?"

“You May find it very difficult. Not to say you shouldn’t try but I wouldn’t pin my hopes on it happening.” He said.

“After the first birth, if Adri can deliver naturally that could cause the cervix to remain at a decent width so allow for future births to be conceived naturally. Right now her cervix is much tighter than it should be.”

He nodded his head, “She can still carry. They will both be healthy. She may have to deliver via c-section but that is dependent on her and the baby at the time of birth. I can’t predict that.”

He looked at Adri, “Do you have any questions?”

Adri stared at him for a second before shaking her head. “My mom has five kids. Just thought it would be easier.” She said softly.

“Merry Christmas.” She said softly before gathering her bag and walking out of the office.

Jake understood that how she delivered depended on how the situation was at the time. Everything could go well for a normal natural birth but it could always change.

"Thank you doctor." He smiled at him and got up and shook his hand. "Merry Christmas." He followed Adri out and walked out to the car.

Once they go outside and by the truck he grabbed her and gave her a tight hug. Jake didn't know what to say and wanted to let it sink in a bit. He just held her close and he wasn't hurting at all in his ribs as they hugged.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

She hugged him back and out her head on his chest. She tried her best not to cry out here. They were being watched even when they weren’t being hounded in the face by cameras. “Not really. Not yet.” She said honestly.

“Come on. Let’s so our Christmas shopping.” She rubbed his back and got in the car. She sent Luke a text letting him know they were on the way. “Can we stop by Starbucks? Amy wants a lemon square.” She told him and out her phone down. She kept her hands on her lap and looked out the window.

At least she didn’t tell anyone. No one was going to ask her how it went. After picking up Amy’s treat they went to get their son who was sleeping peacefully on the couch. Luke picked him up and buckled him in for Adri.

“So much for no nap. He was out like a light.” He laughed. “Just like his Aunt. She made her demand for food and then fell asleep. Pro tip, that’s when you read to the baby. Really softly so it gets a feel for your voice. I read that in some magazine. Crazy right? But he seems like it.” He shrugged his shoulder. “Have fun guys. We will see you later. Okay?”

Jake gave her a nod. "Okay. I'm here when you're ready." He promise her before opening her door for her.

"Sure. I can run in." That was what happened. He made a quick stop, ran in, got the lemon square and got back in the truck.

Jake smiled at Luke who carried Owen out. "He has had a long couple weeks. It may take a couple days to catch up on rest. Thanks man. Give Aim a hug for me."

He told Jake he would and they were soon on their way to the store. "Home Depot first since he is asleep?" He held Adri's hand. "Baby you're not up to shop, I can just grab some stuff later."

“I want to do this. I don’t want to think about it.” She told him. She looked back at Owen to make sure he was still sleeping and looked ahead. “It will make me feel better.”

When they got to Home Depot, she unbuckled Owen and rubbed his cheek softly. She knew he wouldn’t be their only but it felt that way. She took a deep breath and picked him up. She put his head on her shoulder and rubbed his back. She grabbed his snacks but left the diaper bag in the car.

“Let’s decorate our house.” She told Jake. She would hold Owen the entire time because she liked the feeling of it. She wanted the biggest and fullest fake tree that Home Depot had. She had two to choose from. Jake already said she wanted one with lights on it so that’s the one she picked.

“And a wreath for the door.” She looked at the light up statues just as Owen was waking up. He reached out to the light and she kissed his head. She found her flamingo and a dog that Owen would love when he woke up. “If he gets one and I get one you might as well pick one too.” She smiled. There was a range of animals for him to pick from and they were all in little Christmas hats. “Do you want the hippo or the pig? Or you can be boring and get the reindeer. Or santa. Santa is cute.”

Jake understood wanting to keep her mind off of it and he respected that. He was the same way with a lot of things.

He walked in with them with his arm around her. Once they got in he grabbed a cart. Jake just figured the tree with lights already on it would save them time having to put lights on and off a tree. He told a worker they wanted that tree and asked if someone could take it out to their truck for them but they had more shopping.

He looked at the animals. "I want a reindeer." He told her and kissed her cheek. They went over to the other outside decorations. He grabbed some white outdoor lights and some lights in the shape of snowflakes and some extra wreaths. He also grabbed some garland to put around the door and red bows. "I'm not sure if I'm using this all but at least I have options."

Christmas shopping did help a little but holding Owen was the best part. “We need colored bulbs to wrap around him and Max for the pictures.” She smiled. She picked out the big classic colored bulbs and put them in the cart. She put some extra garland in the cart for in the house. They had ornaments at the house so they were good on that part.

She let Owen down as long as he held her hand which he did. They walked around the Christmas blow ups. Owen kept pointing up at the ones that moved. Of course there was a giant Paw Patrol one with all the dogs and once he saw it that was all he looked at.

“I don’t know if that matches Daddy’s decor bud.” She told him but let him look at it.

He let her pick out the bulbs to get the boy's picture done. It would be a cute picture, he could tell already. He pushed the cart around to what Adri was looking at.

"Nope. It doesn't really match buddy. Sorry." He rubbed his little head. "We can maybe find you a Paw Patrol Santa hat or ornament." He let him watch a bit before going to get him a hat and ornament.

Once they were ready they checked out and loaded up the truck. Jake got the truck loaded before getting in. "Alright pet store is next. Do we want to grab food too after?"

Owen wanted to hold the ornament and since it wasn’t made out of anything breakable Adri let him have it. He kept talking about it in his baby language and every so often he would say a name.

“I don’t know if he will give it up to the tree.” She laughed. “Might just want to hold on to it forever.”

She nodded her head to getting food. “Sure. What are you in the mood for? I’m not hungry but I can feed him while you eat.”

She rubbed the top of Owen’s head and smiled at him. “I want to get our dogs beds. He can get the toys. And then I’m sure we can get blankets for dogs where we got Max at the store or we might have to go to Walmart. I don’t know. I know they’re good on food. We just did that donation.” She told him. “We need to hold an event over there. Invite our friends and other people to come and play with dogs and adopt.”

Owen would show other people walking by his ornament and tell them about it. "If he plays with it on well. It will be the best five dollars we spent. It makes me want to grab another one." He chuckled and rubbed his head.

"I don't know. I want pasta but kinda want to wait for supper for that. Actually a salad sounds good. We can always just go through fast food and get a salad and get him a kids meal. It doesn't have to be fancy." Jake told her. "Is O hungry? Buddy you getting hungry? We have to get presents for the dogs then we can get food okay?"

He thought about it. "Walmart probably is easier for blankets. I was thinking chew toys or balls, blankets, and maybe a couple things of treats for the volunteers to give out. For our dogs beds, collars or harness, toys, treats, maybe an outfit or reindeer antlers." He shrugged. "Our dogs are definitely loved."

He drove to Petco and parked. "I'll get Owen babe..." He offered and unclipped him and set him down to hold his hand.

“Five dollars,! Jeez Owen. I can get a big box of ornaments for five dollars. You better be grateful.” She teased and rubbed the back of his head. She picked him up and kissed his cheek. She put him in his car seat.

She raised her eyebrows at pasta. “What kind of pasta? Want me to make it?” She asked. “I will.” She wanted something to distract herself with and she would be happy to cook for her boys. “Pasta that we don’t care how calories it is or are we talking zucchini pasta because you’re being health conscious?” She asked.

“Yes to doggy outfits.” She smiled. “Hell yes. Antlers and santa and elves. Oh they’ll be so cute. I can’t wait for these pictures.” She told him.

She let Jake get Owen and she got out of the car. She felt like she was still fighting back tears but when they came to her side of the car she smiled at them and held Owen’s other hand. “Maybe we can hit up Target too.” She said pointing to Target. “We need stuff for your pasta anyways.”

"Is he worth the five dollars? I mean he's cute...right? Maybe?" He teased and kissed Owen's head.

Jake shrugged. "If you want to make it baby that's fine. Alfredo or spaghetti sounds good. No normal pasta is good. I don't want healthy pasta. I'm find with eating like crap for a month until after the holidays." He laughed a bit.

"I knew you'd go for the outfits." He laughed and shook his head. "I so knew you'd go for that."

Jake put Owen in the seat part of the cart. "We can most definitely go to Target. We need things for dinner with the family while we decorate anyway. Maybe we can get stuff to make chex mix and puppy chow." Owen swung his legs happily as they looked around. He let him pick out new collars for all the dogs.

“And garlic bread? And a salad.” She said. “I’ll make dessert too. It feels like an F it kind of day.” She said softly.

First off we’re the dog collars and leashes. Adri picked out two blinged our collars for her girls and matching leashes. Owen looked at them and pointed at a chain collar, probably because it was shiny. And he picked out a red leash for Max. Adri looked at the collar and looked at Owen. “You sure bud?”

Next we’re the outfits and the only one in Max’s size was an elf costume. If she got the girls matching costumes Owen could be santa. She smiled to herself and grabbed three. “Owen is going to be our santa.” She said happily.

She got a phone call from her mother and answered. “They are on their way back. Should land tomorrow.” She told him. “They got you some leiderhosen.” She teased. “That’s your Christmas present!”

"Ooo yeah. Let's go all out. It will be fun. What would you rather have alfredo or spaghetti?" He asked. "I kinda want homemade alfredo. Maybe with some broccoli and chicken."

Jake held up some other collars to let him pick which one he wanted and he kept pointing to the chain one. "I think he has his mom's sense of shiny things." He chuckled. "That's your fault."

"It would be cute if he was Santa, Max was an elf and the girls had reindeer outfits and we made it look like the girls were pulling the boys in a sleigh." He smiled. "That's cute too."

"Oh fun. That's awful nice of them. I'm only wearing them when we go for a visit to your grandma's." He told her and smiled. They then headed over to the beds. "Maximus needs a big bed. But where are we going to put it?" He found a memory foam bed. "Is this going in Owen's room?"

“Definitely Alfredo. With chicken and bacon and we can throw some broccoli in there too.” She smiled. “And maybe an apple pie with ice cream. And a garden salad.” She smiled. “If we get home soon I can make it all and have it done by dinner time.” She told him.

She looked at the reindeer antlers and grabbed them and put them in the cart too. Their pictures were going to be so cute. They would have traditional and then some cute ones of Owen to look back on and remember how tiny he was. She smiled at Jake and wrapped her arm around his waist.

“That is the only place Max will sleep.” She said as she nodded her head to putting the bed in Owen’s room. “Grab one for the girls. They sleep together. They need a big bed too.” She told him.

They went to the toys and Adri let Owen out of the cart so he could pick out some toys. He squeaked every one with delight. And only stopped when a dog came down the aisle. Adri grabbed him and asked before she let him pet and touch the dog which he did happily. “Max is going to think you’re cheating on him Baby Boo.” She warned. “Scandal of the century.” She laughed.

"Babe it all sounds amazing. You're going to make the pie too? We definitely need to get to the store then to grab groceries. I wanted to look at snacks for Owen too remember. "

He put another bed in the cart. "It's so big I can see Owen laying on the bed with him. How much do you want to bed we will come into his room and see it?" He chuckled at the thought.

Jake smiled. "Tell them thank you Owen for letting you pet the dog. Say thank you." He got out his best version of 'thank you.' "Max will want extra hugs and kisses when you get home. He will give you a big sniff to see who you've been petting." Jake put a few Nerf dog balls in the cart. He also found some glow in the dark balls that he grabbed too.

"Do they need new bowls or anything?"

“You two can do that while I get ingredients for stuff.” She told him. “Just don’t pick him up. He can walk. He will want to walk. Or you can take the cart and I’ll grab a hand basket.” She told him.

“We probably will. He can have nap time on the bed with Max.” She smiled. “It is a gift that they will both enjoy.” She said. “The train gets delivered in three days and his car should get there the same day as us.” She clapped her hand. “And we can overnight them home so he can take them for a ride when we get back.” She smiled. “Going on walks with him is going to be so much fun when he’s riding around in his truck.”

She shook her head to the dogs needing new bowls. “They have really nice expensive bowls. I’m not getting them new ones for a while.” She told him. She looked at the cart and nodded her head. It looked like they got what they came for. The dogs did need food though so Adri had to struggle with a huge bag of food for Max and easily tossed in the girls food.

They passed the cats and Adri went in to say hello to all the kitties for a little while before going to the register with Jake and Owen. “How do you feel about cats?” She asked curiously.

Back
Top Bottom