Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“You are too! They make some really nice ones for men. You aren’t getting out of it. It’s for my mother.” She told him. “All of my brothers have them.” She said to sweeten the deal.

“I don’t want to risk it. Maybe a few more teeth big the back and then he can have Ginny’s. Until then he can stick to apple sauce. Or those yogurt things that melt in his mouth. I didn’t pack those I thought I did. He loves those.”

She frowned, “That’s the end of the week. He wanted after Christmas. Right now, no. But keep in my mind fashion week starts the end of January. So that gives me a few weeks to get back in shape and then I’m out there again.” She smiled. “You coming to New York fashion week? Or did you want to leave the country?” She asked.

He groaned when she mentioned it being for her mother. If it was for her then he knew he had to do it. That woman was like his mother and he couldn't tell her no. Hell sometimes he liked her more than his own mother.

"He can have pieces of fruit still. That's a good snack. Can we go shopping when we get home just for snacks so we can pack some for our trip or know specifically what to get at the store?"

Jake shrugged. "Which one do you want me to go to? It may depend if I'm doing The Kingdom. I'd rather do Venice if I could. I haven't been there." He told her. "Could we stay a bit to sight see or is it a quick trip?"

She nodded her head, “Yeah we can go shopping when we get back.” She said softly. “That’s so boring. Cant we just hire someone to do the grocery shopping? It’s so nice. I’m doing it for Denver and all I had to do was put down what I needed and they handled the rest. Beautiful.”

She shrugged her shoulders back at him, “I don’t know. I don’t care. I’ll just happy to have you around.” She told him. “You can come to Venice. I can’t stay long. I am attending a couple shows and I’m in Versace and Prada. I’m there for a few days I think. I can probably leave the place before Venice early and spend an extra day or two with you.” She offered.

Casey knocked on the door and Adri handed Jake the applesauce to feed Owen. Brian came in after him. “Hey guys.” She greeted them. “The luggage is done and packed. We need a cart to get everything downstairs in the car but it’s by here yet.” Which they knew since it was there job to know and make her life easier but there were some habits she couldn’t shake.

“I’m just going to say it and get it off of my chest. Casey, I was really hoping for a snickers bar and when you didn’t get it when I sent you for snacks I was really upset.” She told him.

“It was nine in the morning.” He said and looked at Jake.

She put her hand on her chest, “And now he’s judging me. Wow. How did I approve him? So rude!”

"I want to look at the stuff myself. The first time anyway. Then we can send someone after the first. If you don't want to go with me it's okay. I'll go." He shrugged. It didn't matter to him but Jake liked to look at options and he felt like that would be a lot to research online instead of just looking at the baby section at the store.

"I'll take a day. I just never been. I guess I don't need you to sight see. I'm sure some native would love showing me around." He teased and gave her wink. "I'm kidding."

Jake took the applesauce and started to feed it to Owen. "What's up guys?" He took a drink of his juice and smiled as Owen kept saying, "Hi hi hi." And waved at them but was too involved in his applesauce and show to go over to them.

"Adriana! He's my assistant. Not yours. He got all of my snacks. Sorry he likes me better." He shrugged. "Plus I was going to get you a snickers bar but since you keep whining...not sure you deserve it. Casey..."

Casey pulled a snickers bar out with a smile. "Your fiance texted me."

"You're lucky your face is broken." She told him.

She stuck her tongue out at Jake, "You weren't using him this morning. He was my second assistant then. You only care because you are awake now." She told him. "I am not whining. I can show you whining." She threatened.

She smiled when Casey pulled out a Snickers bar but Brian did one better, "This one has been in my mini-fridge." He told her and that one was the winner.

"Thank you both." She told them. She put the one Casey gave her in her purse and enjoyed the cold one Brian handed her right now. Owen tried to get a bite but Adri pulled it back before he could. "Go to Daddy. He has your food."

"Or what? You'd break my face?" He laughed.

"Do you pay him? Or did you?" He gave her a look. "And not from my account." He rolled his eyes because he knew she'd said she paid him but with Jake's money. "Oh trust me I know you can."

Jake held his hands up like he was chopped liver. "Woah. Seriously? What about me? I'm the one that told Casey. Do I even get anything for being thoughtful?"

"O. Come here buddy. Leave mommy alone. She failed at sharing. Especially chocolate. Even to her son. Who loves her." He looked at Owen. "Owen say please..." Owen said Pweeze and looked at Adri. "Two can play that game Adriana...." He smiled at her. "Love you baby."

She opened her mouth to say she did pay him but Jake took the words out of her mouth. She rolled her eyes and thanked Casey for the candy bar.

“I’m clearly their favorite.” She smiled happily as she took her seat. “Or their scared of your face.” She teased. “Just don’t look at it too long. It’ll be back to normal soon. He likes it when you give it kisses.” She said and gave Jake a kiss.

“I don’t fail at sharing. I don’t want him to have candy.” She argued. “I’m upset we didn’t get to Dylan’s Candy Bar.” She pouted but sheugged her shoulder. Not the best place to go with a baby who couldn’t eat candy.

She looked at Owen when he said please and glared at Jake. She took a small bite of her candy bar and gave it to Owen. “You better enjoy that.” She told him. “And you aren’t getting any.” She told Jake and took a bite in his face.

Jake just grinned because he knew he got Adri on that one. "Yep that's what I thought."

"No you aren't. Casey is loyal." He stuck his tongue out at her. "It's not my face they are scared of. It's the fact I can beat them both." He smiled and kissed Adri back.

"Right...yep. If you say so." He chuckled and just smiled when she gave Owen a bite. "Looks like someone already has you wrapped around his finger." He smiled. "Casey got me a bunch of snacks. Know why? Cause he likes me better." He whispered the last sentence.

Jake got up. "I should go get dressed." He went into the bedroom and shut the door. He got dressed and grabbed a beanie to wear to the plane. He came back out and leaned over and kissed Owen's head. "You've been a good boy on this trip. Daddy is really proud of you O."

“You suck.” She said and watched Owen chew and swallow his bite. He wasn’t getting anymore because she didn’t want him to by hyper on the plane. “Let’s check on the dogs before we leave.” She said and grabbed Jakes iPad and pulled it up. She showednowen and he was happy as a clam.

While Jake was getting dressed the car came and the guys took the luggage downstairs and packed it into the car. Adri did a final sweep of the hotel room to make sure nothing was left. She had a few snacks from the fridge to pack but other than that they were set.

“He was a very good boy wasn’t he? And he’s about to see his brother in a few hours. He’s going to be the happiest boy in the world. She laughed and kissed his temple.

“Is there anything you need before we leave?” She asked grabbing Owen so she could change his diaper.

"You love me." He smiled at her. Owen would point to them and say their names on the screen.

Jake smiled. "We need to tape it like we said. This kid won't be able to contain his excitement. They will chase each other around the house until they both pass out on the couch. Wanna make a bet now?" He asked with a smile. "How were they? Did they look happy? You know the girls are going to love that I'm going to be taking it easy and snuggling up dad. They may have to fight O though."

"I'm just going to take one of those Powerades from the fridge for the plane right but that's it. All of our purchases in London and here are packed away I take it?" He grabbed one and set it out. "I'm ready when you are."

She nodded her head, “We can tape. You have to be in the house with the camera to get his reaction. Since Amy didn’t go get them Rich and his wife are going to pick them up and take them home. So they should be there when we are there.” She smiled.

She rolled her eyes, “Yeash, Yeah. The girls are going to love you.” She sighed. “They were supposed to be mine. All Rocky wants to do it fight and Bam doesn’t like to be dressed up. She looks so cute in a bow.” She pouted. “I guess I’ll have to try again.” She teased.

“I have to do Christmas clothes shopping for our last minute Christmas cards when we get back. Shouldn’t take long. I’m totally wearing that red drsss again. I looked fricken good in that. Maybe Christmas pajamas for all of us. And the dogs need Christmas outfits.” She smiled.

"I can run in first that's fine." He looked confused, "Why are the Franklin's getting them? Do they miss them? Probably...you sure Beth isn't stealing them?" He chuckled.

Jake smiled and chuckled at her pouting. "This isn't how this works. You two have dogs. It's my turn. I want a dog. That's mine. The next dog is mine. Hell you have two. The only reason they like me is cause they cuddle. They love cuddles with me. And you normally don't like to cuddle me. Your loss..."

He thought about it. "They make dog pajama onesies. We have to do it. They can have matching ones." He smiled. "You see what you're turning me into?"

“Because no one is home to pick them up and I said we would grab them yesterday by noon. Which won’t work out. Amy was supposed to fly home and pick them up but she changed her mind at the last minute. Beth offered to go grab them for me.” She laughed. “She got her cuddle time in. Trust me. I think she’s getting a puppy for Christmas though. Rich was asking about where we got the girls.”

She laughed, “Oh hush. You know you can’t wait to match the family. I have to get the matching onesies. Hopefully they will ship on time.” She smiled and slapped her hands. “It’s christmas time!”

She gave him a kiss, “It’s your Christmas spirit coming through. Embrace it babe. It only happens once a year. But this also means we have to decorate the house. Or at least get a fake tree and put some ornaments on it. The ones at the cabin are already decorated so I guess this can be Owen’s tree decorating experience.”

"I think they set it up on purpose so that way they could spend time with them. Rich may steal one of ours for her. He could use one of them for Christmas." He chuckled. "Is that the breed they want?"

He shrugged. "You can't handle the facts." He teased. "Woah wait...we are wearing onesies? I meant the dogs. Not us...What if I have to go to the bathroom? I have to get naked?"

"I do want Owen to decorate a tree. He needs that tradition
Plus I want to put lights outside at our house." He said and took a drink. "Dad is helping and Luke."

“Over my dead body. Those are my girls. My boy.” She told him. “My dogs. That’s the breed she wants. So it doesn’t matter if he wants it or not. Well, it will when he had to train the little bugger.” She laughed.

“I will get the kind that opens in the back and has a zipper up the front. You can handle that right? It’ll be cute Boo. The six of us in matching onesies. Plus it’ll be easier for you to put on and take off. You don’t have to raise you arms. You’re going to love it so much imyou will want it wear it all of the time.” She told him.

She looked at him and looked at his ribs, “Yeah. That is what I thought. You won’t be doing anything of the sort. You can direct while Luke and Dad do it. I’m sure my dad will come over and help too. Mom will come with him I can see that happening. While you decorate the outside we will do the inside so we can take the pictures at home.” She smiled. “I am going to get a fake tree though. I don’t want a real one to die of neglect. You know?”

"No...you're wrong. That boy is his." He pointed to Owen. "I dare you to tell either of them different." He gave her a so there look.

"Like a butt flap?" Jake asked. "You only want those so you can see my butt." He told her and shook his head. "I'll be fine babe. But thanks for looking out for me.

He sighed. "I'm going to try to do them. At least part of them. If it hurts I'll stop. Not a big deal." He told her. "Trust me. I won't push it." Jake lit up. "Mind if I call mom and Amy? They wanted to bake cookies. Christmas cookies. I told them to wait till Vegas but mom's thing is like to bake and make chex mix and all that fun candy stuff so maybe you ladies can do some that day. Maybe you could cook dinner?" He asked and smiled.

“I would pop the Turin’s just so I can see your butt that might be true. And honestly that might be a cute picture too. The butt flap is open and on our underwear it says Merry-Christ-Mas we each get a portion on our butts. Owen with the smelliest bum would have Mas. Merry and Christ are the same so I should probably be in the middle. Honestly.” She said.

“Are sure they don’t want to wait until Denver that way everyone can get dat on cookies and not just us? Or we can do it twice.” She told him. “We can let Owen decorate a few cookies too.” She smiled.

“Yeah we can make a small batch of cookies and decorate the house. And then have a nice dinner.” She agreed. When she finished with Owen she picked him up but he immediately wanted down. He already had his shoes on so he could walk to the car. “Time to go Boo.” She said and grabbed her purse and diaper bag and Owen’s hand so they could go.

Jake shook his head. "If you want to have Christ on your bum that's on you. I'm not explaining that to the big man upstairs when I die."

"No you don't understand. My mom goes all out. Fudge, Chex Mix, cookies, peanut brittle. She would want a little head start and will pack it. Maybe the fudge or something you can do in Vegas." He smiled. "I love her cookies and candy at Christmas."

Jake got up. "Thank you babe. I appreciate you being willing to cook for everyone. I can help." He took Owen's other hand and offered to take the diaper bag. They walked to the elevator and Jake told Owen which button to push. They then got in and were on their way to the lobby. Once they got to the car he put the diaper bag in and let Adri strap in Owen.

Once they were on the plane and in the air, Jake sat back to relax a bit. "That was a good trip babe. I had fun."

She laughed and shrugged her shoulder. "It was just an idea."

There was going to be a lot of drinking and sweets over Christmas. "Mom is going to have make some real food right away." She said softly. "I can make the first meal and mom can take over from there. She loves cooking so she will be happy to do it. We can't live on sweets and alcohol but it would be nice."

She nodded her head, "It's just going to be tacos or burritos or something easy. Maybe soup." She smiled. "Chicken Tortilla. That's always good and easy. I can throw it in the crockpot and forget it."

She smiled at Jake and rubbed his cheek, "I did too. Want your pain meds?" She asked and dug in her purse for the bottle. She handed him two if he wanted them and leaned her chair back. She barely got sleep last night so she was ready for a nap of her own. Luke had Owen and he could pass him off to the grandparents if he wanted to take a nap.

"You go right ahead. I'll God it was all you. Adri made me do it." He chuckled.

"You're going to invite your mother to Christmas then ask her to cook the entire time? Rude. So rude." He shook his head. "What kind of woman am I marrying?"

Jake just looked at her a moment. "I'll cook something. It's okay. I'm going to the store anyway so I'll pick something up to make." He smiled.

He took his meds and got comfortable and watched Owen a bit and just thought about a few things. It took a bit before he started to fall asleep but he didn't want to be too knocked out, just in case Owen needed him. He didn't get into a deep sleep and was awake before they landed.

"It's my mother's tradition. But everyone is cooking something. We are there for ten days. Some of them are making sides for Christmas dinner if mom will allow it. The kitchen will always be full. Trust me. The fridges will be stocked with food. I am thinking one should be ingredients for stuff. The other fridge should be the prepared food. That way no one eats something that was meant for something else." She said and shrugged her shoulder. They would see when they got there.

when they got off of the plane, they got into their cars and off the tarmac as fast as possible. Adri crashed the entire ride so she was feeling energetic and happy to be home. She got Owen buckled in and helped get the smaller bags int eh car. She said good bye to her brother and gave him a kiss. He had to take a golf cart to the airport to get his next flight. Everyone else was home.

Cars were there ready to take them all home after they all said goodbye. She got a text from Rich and Beth saying the dogs were home and ready to see their family. When they pulled into the driveway, Jake got out first while Adri distracted Owen. When jake sent her the text that he was ready she picked him out of his car seat and let him walk to the door. He could hear the dogs running and barking his face was already lighting up.

She opened the door and let him walk in. She closed the door behind him and when he saw Max he squealed his name. It as like a slow-motion run at each other and Max sniffed and kissed his little buddy. The girls ran over and kissed his hands. Owen fell on his butt but he was laughing and happy to have his best friend back.

"I was teasing Adge. I understand." He told her and gave her a nod about the fridges being separate. Whatever she thought was best and wanted to do they would do it.

Jake told her brother bye and thanked him for coming to support both of them. It really did mean a lot to Jake.

When he got home he thanked the Franklins and told them the plan and said hi to the dogs. He had his phone ready as Owen came in. Jake tried to keep his laughs to a silent laugh as he watche Max just giving Owen kisses and his tail wagging like it could fall off. Jake taped the whole thing, even Max sitting down just licking his face. The girls gave up after a bit and went to Adri for love.

Jake stopped taping after Owen and Max started running around the house. The Franklins stayed and visited a little before heading home so they could rest. As soon as everyone left Jake stripped down to his underwear and found his spot on the couch. It was good to be home.

Once Casey, Liam and. Brian got their luggage upstairs they left. Leaving the family alone.

“Getting this baby back on a schedule is going to be difficult.” She groaned and sat next to Jake. The girls ran over and jumped on the couch and kissed them both. She rubbed bellies and told them she missed them. She sat on the floor and said hi to her first boy and gave him kisses.

She sent the video Jake took to their family and thanked everyone for taking the five days off to spent time with and support them. Then she posted the video on twitter and Instagram saying it was good to be home.

She put her head on Jake’s knee. Owen was happy to be home and in no time made a mess with toys in the living room. At least he stayed in the living and wasn’t running around anymore. It was late afternoon or early evening and he had all of this energy. Maybe he would stay up and get on schedule.

"Especially with us leaving for our trip and then Denver. December will be a long hectic month. He will be fine though." He told her.

Jake took his turn giving all the dogs love but Owen was jealous and didn't let anyone around Max too long. "Is it good to be back with your human Maximus?" Owen hugged Max and pushed Jake away. "Just like that I'm chopped liver again..."

He ran his fingers through her hair. "What's going on baby...what you thinking?" He moved her back onto his thigh so she was more comfortable. ESPN was on and they were talking about him and the fight. It was the first time he was watching any footage from it. He has it DVRed. "Damn..." he whispered. It was brutal. He was right about that. Owen looked up at the tv and pointed to Jake saying. "Da! Da!"

“I’m thinking about how nice it’s going to feel sleeping out bed. Taking a shower in our bathroom. The hotels were nice but it’s nothing like our stuff.” She smiled.

“And our doctors appointment tomorrow.” She added. “What if we are told something we don’t like?” She held his hand and shrugged her shoulder. I’m just tired Boo. Nervous and ready for Christmas. So ready for Christmas. This is the first Christmas that he will be able to rip his presents open and have fun on Christmas morning.” She smiled and pet Max. “We have to get the dogs presents.”

She looked at the TV and frowned at the punches being thrown. When Owen called out to Jake and grabbed the remote and changed it quickly. She gave him the remote back. “Not in front of the baby.” She told him. “That’s the last thing his sponge-like brain needs.”

Back
Top Bottom