Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Maria rubbed Jake’s cheeks and kissed both of them. “Just like your son.” She told him and pinched his cheeks forward to make his lips pucker. “Handsome.” She told him. She was only giving him special attention because her boys were gone and wouldn’t get jealous. He was a very ah drone man though and she was happy her daughter fell for him.

Adri laughed and rubbed the back of Owen’s head. When her mom came around she let her sit next to Owen and went to get her a cup of coffee with two scoops of sugar. After placing it down in front of her mother, she went to the kitchen and gave Jake a hug.

“You okay? Only a few more hours and then we’re alone.” She reminded him and kissed him softly.

Maria actually made him feel better. "Thanks mom." He told her softly. "I'm going to use that as ammo with Adri later." He told her with a grin.

Jake hugged her tight. "Yeah. I'm okay." He kissed her softly. "I'm fine with everyone but her. Do you see now why talking isn't an option with her?"

John came down with a smile on his face. He told everyone good morning and found Owen and attacked his face with kisses which made him try to wiggle away and laugh. He loved his grandpa.

"She's not giving up that shithole," Jake whispered to her pouring his dad some coffee.

Adri nodded her head, “Yeah I see why.” She said softly. “I’m sorry I gave you bad advice.” She said. “That’s why you need a professional, love.”

She took a step back so he could put his father some coffee. “I know.” She frowned and looked at the ground, “I don’t know why she wouldn’t. She must have a different connection to it.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“Maybe your father can talk some sense into her. With enough pressure from everyone, I am sure she will cave eventually.”

"You didn't give me bad advice. I tried...it didn't work." He shrugged. "At least I can say I tried and can say that in therapy." He kissed her head.

He rolled his eyes. "A twisted one." He said softly. "But I guess, I get it...if it's all our firsts that shes afraid to leave. I don't see it as a very happy place though. Good for her if she can." He told her softly and gave her a small peck.

Jake looked her over. "I'm not putting him in that spot babe. If she wants to grow old in that dump, that's on her. Not me. Our son will not be in that house. Period." He told before taking the coffee out to his dad with some cream in it. "Morning Pop." He smiled at him.

"Everyone had a good time at our first Jone/Daniels CHristmas?" Jake asked everyone. "If you have suggestions or comments you place them in the comment box on the way out." He joked.

She nodded her head understandingly and walked out of the kitchen with him. She put her arm around his waist and smiled at his joke. “Unless you’re comments or suggest are about decor. Because I am very happy with how everything looked and wouldn’t change a thing.” She smiled but she knew if they came back next year it would be an entirely new set up.

They all said the cabin looked wonderful. They loved their beds and couldn’t wait to come back. Adri thought it would be nice to come back in the summer to see what it looked like then. There was a lake nearby that they could go down too. It would be nice.

“I’m glad everyone enjoyed it. Thank you for coming and making our first joint Christmas memorable.” She smiled. “And thank you for spoiling Owen with so many presents. We are going to clean out his room of all the old toys when we get home and make room for the new goodies.” She smiled.

"It was decorated amazingly babe." He smiled and gave her a quick kiss.

Jake would be more than willing to come back in the summer and have camp fires in their pit as well as go swimming in lake. It would be a blast to sit out on the porch and relax while Owen tried catching fireflies. Even if it was just them, they would have fun or if they invited everyone for an extra long weekend. It meant a lot that she was willing to be a part of his hometown even though they made a life in Vegas together.

"Yeah...thanks for spoiling him now we have so much to take home. And that's you as well Adriana!" He told her but chuckled. "The toys from the past will get a good home for sure, maybe some of his little stuff could find a way to get to Amy and Luke's." He suggested.

"What is everyone's plan before their flight?"

Adri frowned and bumped his hip with hers, “He’s my only boy. He’s going to get the world and more.” She smiled. “And you can’t stop it.” She laughed.

“I know we still have stuff with tags on it that you guys can take. I started to pull them out but I’m not finished yet. At first her was too little for newborn and then he was way to big. But we have a range of sizes that are all yours.” She told Amy. “It’s been fun going through them. I wish he was that small again.” She pouted and watched Owen eat.

Amy rubbed her full belly, “I think I’ll help Luke pack us up. And by help I mean I might take a nap while he packs.” She laughed. John and Eileen had to pack up as well. Adri’s parents were already packed so they were going to sit around and wait for everyone.

“What do you want to do? I think I’m going to sit with mom and dad.” She said to Jake.

"Wouldn't dare to try." He told her and smiled at her before chuckling.

Jake shook his head. "I don't. I'm ready for him to be potty trained." He chuckled. "You need to learn to go in the potty and help mommy and daddy out a bit." It wasn't entirely true though. Jake did miss Owen being so little and tiny. But now he's at the age that he was a lot of fun as he was learning so much and being more and more independent.

"I can help Luke if he needs any help carrying stuff down. If anyone needs help carrying stuff down, let me know. I can definitely help. I work out to be able to lift heavy things." He chuckled.

Jake shrugged. "It doesn't matter. We don't have to pack up much yet since we are staying another night. Maybe I'll work on some of the documentary."

“Yes! Agreed. Potty training who’ll commence when we get home. This boy will be out of diapers very soon. Maybe even into a big boy bed soon.” She looked at Jake and shrugged her shoulder. “We will see, I guess.”

She nodded her head, “You want to do that alone?” She asked him about working in the documentary. “I’ll be down here if you need help just call me and I’ll help you out. Okay?” She used his cheek and walked with her parents to the living room.

She sat between them and they spoke in a mix of German and English about Christmas and future plans.

"I"m not sure I trust him yet with a big boy bed." Jake made a face but then looked at Max. "But then again we have the best babysitter." He scratched behind his ears. "He's still a trader though."

He gave a nod. "I'll let you visit with your parents. I may work on it in the office with the desk." He told her to have a bit more of an area set up. After everyone went off to their area, he cleaned up the kitchen a bit before going and getting the laptop and earbuds to work on it. As he set up the office, he wondered if it was something he should do but the morning already started out with the house being brought up, may as well get it out of his system now.

Her mom asked a bit about what they walked into that morning coming downstairs.

“Please. Max would love to share a big boy bed with Owen. He’d keep him in there all night.” She smiled. “A few more months in the crib. I’ll be happy with that. He’ll be my baby a little longer.”

Adri explained the situation in German in case Eileen came walking down. She told them about going to the house, Jake’s nightmare and him wanted to buy the house and tear it down.

Her mother wasn’t the biggest fan of Eileen either. Hearing the story made her upset. That was why she gravitated towards Jake so much. She could feel his hurt and as a mother she wanted to make him feel loved. She wanted to show him what a mother’s love felt like.

“Owen and I are going to see ma and poppa in February. Probably over my birthday. I’m doing Germany’s next top model. I thought I stop by and see them.” She told her parents and offered them the chance to come with her.

"That's a good point. He would lie in the bed with him." He smiled.

Jake was very grateful for Maria. It was nice having someone that was wise and a mother to talk to and get advice from. Hell when he found out about Owen, it was Maria and Adri's dad that he went to talk to. That should say a lot about his relationship with them as well as his trust in them. With Maria he did feel cared for and loved.

He had his earbuds in and started editing some of the clips for what he wanted on the documentary. It was a little taxing though and after an hour and a half he had to take a break and went to get a drink. He texted his dad, "If/When you're not super busy...can we chat? Just us." Letting John know what his plan was for the house and how his mother stood on it was better than keeping his dad in the dark.

They jumped on the idea to go to Germany with her and Owen. "Jake is okay with Owen going to another country?" Maria asked.

“Of course. He’s officially mine too. But I need his signature to get Owen a passport. So that’ll be the first thing we do when we get home.” She told her mother.

“Jake will be working as well, so I don’t want him to worry about Owen and I want my grandparents to meet Owen. Jake is a little upset about that. O gets to meet them before he does.” She smiled and shook her head.

Owen came running over and Max, Bam and Rocky followed after him. She picked up Owen and put him in her lap so he could be a part of the conversation.

"I know that. It's just out of the country is kind of nerve wracking for anyone." She told her. "How long are you planning on being there for?"

She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Everything is a competition with you three. Are you going to add that to your wedding? Some sort of competition?"

"It sounds hilarious with the dogs running after him. You have Max's big paws then the girls' little paws moving quickly on the wood floors." Her dad commented with a chuckle and patted his lap to let the girls jump up so he could pet them.

"Are you taking the dogs or are we taking the dogs?" He asked Adri. "Of course Max is coming with Owen."

“All dogs are going home with O. I think Luke and Amy are taking the girls. Max has to be with Owen though. Can’t split them up.” She smiled at her dad and kissed his cheek.

They stayed downstairs for a long time just talking about anything and everything. She enjoyed talking to her parents and knowing Jake’s history she was grateful to have parents that loved her and protected her.

Luke came down with a suitcase and then went back up to grab another and up to grab Eileen’s suitcase. The van needed to be packed up with everything and Adri helped take stuff out to the garage.

"I'd take these two cuties over those two stinky guys." He joked as he petted the girls who had taken a liking to her dad's lap for nap time.

Jake did some mapping out of their trip and even answered some work emails. It was important for him to stay busy. When he heard everyone bringing their things down, he checked the time. So much for talking to his dad. There would be time later in Vegas he figured.

He closed his laptop and came out to help everyone get their bags loaded up, being a bit quiet.

“That’s why he likes mom more.” Adri told her dad. She tickled Owen’s belly and he leaned over into her mother’s arms.

When the bags were mostly packed, John checked his phone for the time and saw Jakes text. He finished up downstairs until he was sure Adri and Luke had it before going to look for his son.

John checked his phone and went upstairs to Jake, “Hey Kiddo, just saw your text. What’s up?” She asked and looked around the office. A room he hadn’t been in because he never needed to use it. “Rooms hidden all over the place here.” He joked and sat in one of the leather chairs opposite Jake.

Owen had fun following everyone and running back in forth in the garage and inside. Max and girls not far behind.

Jake looked up and chuckled. "That's the point. Adri and I would win at hide and seek." He joked. "If we need to get you to the airport...this can wait." He told his dad.

"Did mom say anything about what happened before you came downstairs?" He asked closing his laptop and tidying his things on the desk.

John shook his head, “We have a couple hours before the flight leaves and if anything I can stay here for the night. Go home with your mother and give you kids some time to finish up here.” He told Jake.

He shook his head, “No she didn’t say anything. Did something happen?” He asked skeptically. He didn’t like how Jake was cleaning up the office now. Like some nervous tick.

“Jacob. Did something happen?” He asked again, fearing the worse. He knew how his children’s mother could get and he thought she would coming out of all the negativity she once lived in. She was getting better but John couldn’t be there all the time to set her straight.

He sighed and looked at his father. Jake didnt understand to this day how his mother could keep the one good thing from them growing up. He would have protected his kids, hell he probably would have killed his step father.

"The house really fucked with Amy and I mentally. We both had nightmares. Real feeling nightmares. Ones I really never had before..." Jake admitted.

He shook his head. "I hate that house. I offered mom a chance to buy it. I want to year it down or burn it and put up a youth center. She refuses to sell that shithole. It has sentimental value apparently." He rolled his eyes and sat back.

"Mom knew I had a hidden agenda with it. I tried to tell her it was cause we want her in Vegas but she knows we don't trust her. Dad...I dont know if I ever will." He said softly, his fingers trailing over his water bottle. "I don't want Owen in that house...She knew what that sick fuck was doing to us...then after I left what he did to Amy...." Jake shook his head. "It took everything in me not just go off on her."

“Your mother owned that house when we were dating before you and your sister were even thought of. Buying that house was her greatest achievement.” John started.

“She is changing.” He said softly. “She is trying to change at least. I think she knows that one big mistake and she will never see you or Amy again. And she knows she has a place if she keeps her house. I’m not going to make excuses for her and her bad behavior. Her past is something she needs to come to grips with and apologize for. I can’t do that for her.” He frowned and looked at his nails.

“Why do you blame her so easily and not me?” He asked curiously. “We lived in the same damn state. I should have come and got you guys for a weekend or tried to spend time with you. I wasn’t there when you needed me. I feel guilty about that. Maybe you could have been a doctor or scientist or something. You should hate us both.”

He listened to him and he got that about them dating and everything but still, he had more bad memories than good ones there. Jake couldn't blame his mom for feeling good for buying a house when they barely had a dime in their pockets.

"I see her trying. I do. I'm not dismissing that." He told him. "But I'm letting a lot go because you are good for her and help her." His voice was quiet.

Jake cleared his throat and looked down. "I didn't want to be a doctor or a scientist. I love what I do. I want my own gym to help people stay healthy and fit and be strong mentally and physically." His fingers still played with the bottle before sitting up a bit. "You didnt know what we were going through right?"

He looked at his dad. "She knew. She saw it. You didn't. You didn't tell me to lie to not get split from sister who I tried to protect." He told him softly.

“You always wanted to be a fighter?” He asked Jake. “If that man wasn’t around you could have been anything you wanted to be. You wouldn’t have to feel the need to fight. I’m proud of you and everything you have done but if I was there...” he frowned and sighed.

“Had I known what he was doing to you and your sister I would have grabbed the shotgun off the wall and pointed it between his eyes.” John declared. “Still wish I had the chance.”

He watched Jake for a moment, “I will see what I can do about getting her out the house. She is pretty adamant that she doesn’t want to live with me. I think it’s going to take some time but she might come around.” He shrugged his shoulder. “You know how she is.”

"Fighter...no. But probably like most kids I wanted to be an athlete, so I would have liked to see how far I could have taken wrestling." He told his dad. The question made him realize he never really dreamed of being anything really. "If I had to think about it. I think it would have been a job helping people. Like a fireman or police officer. But then I would still be in Denver. I never would have met Adri. I never would have had Owen..."

Jake nodded. "I know you would have. I'm glad you didnt know cause I need you around. Not in jail." He told him. "

"I didn't say something to have you hound her. I dont want to come in the middle of your relationship. I just didn't want you blindsided if she brought it up. I said my peace on it. I'm gonna let it go." He told him. "We love having you in Vegas..."

“And I love being in Vegas. I love being around you kids and Owen and any future kids you all may have. I look forward to it.” He said happily. “I wish I was there sooner. Take you out of that hell hole. But I’m glad I’m here now.”

He looked at the ground, “I don’t know about your mother though. How far she wants to take this. I’m willing to move as slowly as she wants but I can’t move back here and leave you all in Vegas. My life is there with you. The conversation is going to have to come up eventually.” She sighed and rubbed her jaw with knuckles.

“I guess we will see where this new year takes us. Takes all of us. You and Adri have a big year ahead of you. Amy and Luke have the baby. It’ll be interesting to see what else happens I think. Maybe he’ll will freeze over and your mom will move down to be with us.”

Back
Top Bottom