Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"The team would love that. We would have to bring a few parents as shaperones though but I can see if we can get it approved to do." Coach said smiling.

Jake smiled a little at Adri. "You think I had something to do with all that?"

Coach smiled, "I could share a lot about Jake back then." Jake took them back to Coach Jackson's office. "We had a lot of chats back in this office." Jake shared.

"Do you remember how I started wrestling?" Jake asked Coach. "Yes, you got in a fight here at school. You had a lot of anger in you and you needed a way to get that out. I could see that. I had you sign up for the team and we started training you. I honestly didn't think you'd be any good but I knew you needed to get that anger out in a healthy way. The you just picked on to technique very quickly. It didn't take long to realize you would in fact be very good. You got stronger and stronger with practices and then seeing you running and working out."

"I didn't think I'd be very good either or even if I'd like it, then it was different then when I played team sports. It was still a team but only I could win or lose the matches. Only I could make weight. I think that's why I've always liked it because I didn't have to depend on anyone but myself or only let myself down if I lost."

Amy recorded the exchange while Adri and Owen stood by. John and Luke kept looking at the trophy case. Adri liked hearing Jake’s stories. It was a peak into his childhood. A rare occurrence that spouses didn’t usually get.

Owen let Adri and Amy trade so Adri could film and Amy could hold him but that was too much added weight with her belly so he had to stand on his own at which point he ran to Jake and still acted shy with Coach.

“should we take this to the gym?” Adri asked. “Did you practice in the gym? Or did you have another place? I wasn’t a sport person in school.” She laughed. “I was in theatre.”

They headed to the gymnasium. "We practiced here. We rolled the mats out and practiced or we were in the conditioning room or weight room lifting. We would run the halls as well." Jake explained.

"One practice early in my career, I mouthed off to coach, we had ran a mile warm up, we also were wrestling a weight class up for practice, then I get lip, he makes me run ladder sprints until I puke. Then I have to wrestle the then best kid on the team until he won three matches or I won one. I got my butt handed to me, it definitely humbled me. That was a lesson I learned quick." He chuckled and shook his head.

Going in the gym, Owen could run around and do whatever in the open space, coach even gave him a ball to bounce and play with. On the wall under wrestling champions it was blank. Jake never made it to state competition.

“Maybe I need to take a page from his book. Next time you say something I don’t like I’ll make you run ladder sprints.” She joked.

When she had some downtime she recorded the gym. All of the banners on the walls for all the sports that made it somewhere. Wrestling was last. “Did you play any other sports?” She asked. She thought he did but she couldn’t remember.

“Did you get a scholarship for wrestling?” She asked curiously. She never knew if college was on the table for him or if he was so bent on getting out he searched for another way out.

He gave her a look. "I'll make you run ladder sprints." He teased back and kissed her with a quick kiss. "Let's be honest, I'm too hot to make run sprints." Even he couldn't help but chuckle.

"Football. I wasnt that great at it. I just used it to stay in shape and condition." Jake shared.

He shook his head. "I was good but not that good. My grades were shit. I did get into a local community college but, that wouldn't get me out of here like I wanted. Plus, I hated school. I hated the classes. I hated tests. Girls and wrestling got me through. Sorry baby."

She stuck her tongue out at him and laughed gene he said he was too hot to make run sprints. She looked him very and shrugged her shoulder. She supposed he was right in that respect.

“As long as one of those girls doesn’t end up on the end of this camera we will be fine.” She laughed. “Let’s focus on the wrestling getting you through.” She encouraged.

She patted his butt and kissed his cheek. “Do you want to do some drills with Luke? Can I take Coach to his office for a minute and ask him some questions? Why don’t you roll out the mats, if you want to do drills?” She asked. When Coach agreed, they went off to his office and were gone for about ten minutes before joining the group again.

Jake chuckled about them not talking to the girls that got him through high school. "I don't keep in touch with any to even know where to talk to one." He told her and kissed her cheek.

"You want me to do drills? I have to work?" He took his jacket off and set them on the bleachers before unrolling the mats. The guys took their shoes off. First Jake play wrestled with Owen which Amy caught on her phone. Then he sat on the mats with John as Uncle Luke and daddy wrestled.

"This is really cool to do this. I think Jake's story will help other young athletes." Coach told Adri.

“Good answer. You were about to be doing some sprints.” She warned.

“I do too.” Said when Coach spoke up about Jake. “He wants to give back. I think this is his first step. I’m sure he’ll do more in the future.” She smiled.

“I just had a few questions. Won’t take long. I’m hoping to get your favorite memory of him and what you saw in him when he was a kid.” She told him and let the camera roll while he spoke. When he was done she turned it off and they went back to the gym.

She recorded Jake and Luke practicing and Coach got in there to urge one of them to do something better. Get Luke in a better hold or try to pin Jake down. It was friendly but the spirit of competition was there.

"Love you babe." Jake told her and kissed her cheek. "I'm not running sprints."

Coach thought about it. "It was his first official match. He was doing well but he didn't get a big head. He listened to direction but knew it took a wrong move and his opponent could pin him." He smiled. "Jake also was always a good sport. He never rubbed a win in his opponent's face. Even the best in our conference when he beat him, he saw the defeat in the kid's eyes and he felt awful for him. He walked over and shook his hand." Coach kept smiling. "I get all the trash talking in the UFC is important but I also know he has a good heart. He also would be in the gym or conditioning room every day. With each win and loss. He probably worked harder after a win then a loss to keep improving."

Jake was having a blast. It started rough and heavy but they were all laughing and having fun.

Adri kind of figures he was a good sport from the beginning. He didn’t do any trash talking now. He didn’t push his opponents unless they crossed the line. He shook hands or touched gloves after every fight. She loved that about him. He was a good guy.

When they got back to the group she recorded the guys and coach coaching them on. It would make some decent b-roll when they turned the footage in for editing.

When Jake and Luke were finished wrestling Owen ran over to Jake wanting to play wrestle some more.

“That’s the next generation right there.” Adri hoked. “He can wrestle in high school at least. I don’t know about fighting.”

Jake figured he didnt know what anyone else was going through at home and maybe someone was going through what he was or worse and there was no reason to make someone's life harder.

When Owen wanted to wrestle some more, Jake of course did. He let Owen pin him or put him in a headlock, listening to coach who told him what to do. "May as well start training him now. Baby, order him a singlet."

Once they were done, Jake told Owen to give him a hug then go give everyone else one too. He even gave Coach one as Jake rolled the mats up after they sprayed them down to sanitize them. "Thanks for your time Coach. We will try to get you guys out the next fight. Next time I'm in Denver, I'll come back practice."

“He would look adorable in a singlet. All his rolls popping out of it. Maybe that should be the theme for his next birthday.” She smiled. “I can get you two matching singlets.”

Adri smiled and gave Coach a hug, “It was nice to meet you.” She told him and picked up Owen when he was done saying goodbye. “Did you have fun wrestling?” She asked him and poked his stomach and then tried to put her in a headlock but it came off more like a tight hug.

“Keep practicing buddy. One day you’ll be stronger than Daddy.” She tickled his sides and they walked to the car. She got him strapped in so they could go get lunch.

Jake shook his head no. "We don't need matching singlets. My singlet wearing days are over. Thanks for the thought though babe. And yes, he would look cute in one though because he is my son." He smiled proudly.

He shook his head again. "Nope. Never going to be stronger than me either." Jake flexed which made Owen flex and growl. Jake gave Owen's head a kiss before kissing Adri.

Amy was getting tired as she rubbed her stomach. "Would you mind dropping us off after lunch. Mama needs a nap. A long nap." She smiled.

Adri shrugged her shoulder, “I think it would be cute. But fine.” She rolled her eyes at him. “Yes, yes. You’re so cute and he’s so cute.”

Adri laughed when Owen flexed and growled. “Yes, you will buddy. One day Daddy will be old and weak and you’ll be able to take him down.” She poked his belly and got him in the car seat.

“Of course Amy. It’s been a. Long day for you two. It’ll be nap time for O after lunch so we might drop the both of you off. Mom and Dad can handle him while you sleep.” She told her.

While they drove for lunch, Adri checked Instagram and held Jake’s hand as he drove. She was content. “Do you want to take a break too?” She asked Jake.

Jake gave Adri a look when she said he'd get old and weak. "Ass." He lipped to her. "And who will be stuck taking care of my weak self? You my love. So keep talking crap." He teased and nudged her.

Luke looked at Amy and smiled. "Mama gets tired easily. Do you need me to stay or if they keep filming should I stay with them?"

Jake played with Adri's hand as he drove to the diner. "I'm okay. Lunch should help. May as well just get done what I can. Eventually I want to get shots of my running my old routes. Do we want to do that this evening or in the morning?" He kissed her hand.

It was kind of nice taking Adri and his dad down memory lane. They were not part of it but could be now.

Adri laughed and smacked him on the butt. “I’ll hire a nurse for you.” She smiled.

“No. My mom and dad will take Owen. You take your own nap.” Adri told her. She raised her eyebrows, “Running shots?” She asked. “I think that’s a you and Luke thing. It’s too cold for me.”

When they got to the restaurant, Owen was getting restless. He was tired of being out of the car seat and then back in it. He was probably hungry too. “Just like his father.” Adri commented. “Gotta keep him on a schedule or he will flip.” She laughed.

She took Owen and kissed his cheeks. “No tantrums. Okay?” She asked and made him laugh by tickling him.

Jake looked at her in disbelief. "A nurse? A hot young nurse?" He smiled a cute smile.

"You follow or lead the way in the truck babe. You don't have to run with me goof. It's not like you could keep up anyway." He teased, "Love you baby."

He looked at her. "Rude. You are so rude today. It's like you got you Christmas gifts and just act how you want after now." He shook his head. "It's not the schedule it's the fact that he can't run and play and do what he wants to do. And he may be hangry." Jake shrugged.

"Are you hungry buddy? They have mac and cheese. Want some mac and cheese?"

“Yes. A hot young male nurse.” She winked at him.

“Oh! Okay. Yeah. We can do that whenever you want. You want to do that tonight? Get it out of the way?” She asked. That seemed like their best option.

“I am not being rude. Did I hurt your feelings?” She asked and rubbed his back. “Your son is just like you. It’s like a clone. I think Layla did some magic voodoo to just make another version of you.” She laughed.

Owen was excited about the idea of Mac and cheese. When they got their table he did not want to be put in a high chair so Adri held him until his food came which came much sooner than everyone else’s food to prevent a meltdown.

“What are you going to get?” She asked Jake. “I think I want a grilled cheese with tomato soup.”

"No. I'm adding that in the prenup." He told her and stuck his tongue out at her.

"Yeah, may as well. I can grab stuff we drop Amy off." He told her.

Jake laughed. "Knowing her she probably did do some weird voodoo." He said softly, even though Adri was his mother, eventually he would learn about his other mother and he didn't want Owen remembering either of them talking badly about her. Jake wasn't a fan of her but he wouldn't bad talk her either in front of the kid. Adri or his family were different, plus they knew she didn't care for Jake all that much either.

The waitress gave him crayons to colar on the placemat. He scribbled and was fairly content.

He looked the menu over. "I'm not sure. I kind of want a burger and fries." He told her. "I would need like three grilled cheeses." He laughed.

“You can try. I won’t be signing that.” She smiled and kissed the back of his hand.

“I’m glad she did. Even he’s temperamental at times.” She smiled. she didn’t hate Layla, but she wasn’t her favorite person. Layla did what she thought was best for Owen and for that Adri had some respect for her. She sent her flowers for Mother’s Day from Owen. It was only right. Hopefully one day she would be back in his life.

“Oh they have tater tots!” She said excitedly. “How many tots do you think you can fit in your mouth? I wonder how many I can fit in my mouth. We should test it out one day.”

"I'll add it in at the fine print section." He chuckled and kissed her with a quick small kiss. Jake really didn't worry about a prenup because he didn't see anything happening to the two of them. It had been a rough road but if they could make it through all they have, they could make it through anything.

"I think you're just happy that you have a mini me to love on." He chuckled. "One that let's you dress him up in whatever you want and take photos of him. The grown up version has mastered he word, 'No!'" He laughed.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Why were we not recording that. So the world could see how goofy my future wife is. And I could so beat you. I don't known the number but I could beat you. Will you order me a chocolate milk with the burger? I need to have a pit stop." He said before getting up to use the bathroom, he pulled his hoodie off, getting warm, being inside.

“Don’t say that too loud. He might hear and learn it.” She said about the word No. Eventually he wasn’t going to let her dress him up anymore. And when he realized that they were always matching clothes he would really throw a fit.

“That’s a lie and it sounds like a challenge. I’m going to beat you. When we get home we are doing a tatertot face off.” She told him.

“Chocolate milk and and a burger?” She would do it but the combination was weird. She ordered Jake his burger and milk, she ordered Owen his Mac and cheese and she got herself a grilled cheese and soup and a spiked pink lemonade.

While Jake was gone she helped Owen color his picture. He was talking about something but only a few words were real words. Adri fed into it though and they had a full conversation

"I can teach it to him. Just give me a couple hours." He told her and grinned.

He laughed and shook his head. "Yeah, you have to turn everything into a competition. And I thought I was the competitive one. Only my love can turn eating tatortots into a competition."

Jake nodded yes. "With fries. You know what I like on my sandwich." They had the best chocolate milk there from when he was a kid so he was curious if they still did. John got a steak sandwich, Luke a grilled chicken sandwich, and Amy got chicken tenders.

Amy was content with her head on Luke's shoulder. John watched Owen and snapped a few photos of him and Adri.

Jake returned to the table and checked his phone and emails. "Babe? Do you want to drive the rental home?"

“Rude.” She said and pushed his shoulder.

Adri smiled at Jake when he called her and nodded her head. “I suppose I could. Unless someone with more snow driving experience wants to take over.” She said and looked at Luke and John. “If I drive I’m going super slow.” She told him. “We have precious cargo and I’ve never driven in snow before.”

She rubbed Jake’s leg under the table, “You okay? Why don’t you want to drive?” She asked. “It’s okay that you don’t. I just want to make sure you’re good.”

Jake chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant home to Vegas. So we can finish the documentary. Part of me wanted to have one of our own vehicles while we filmed but I don't think we have to."

"It would save a lot of time to just do it while we are here. But then again I know we have plans for New Years so maybe we don't have enough time. I don't want to rush it. What are your thoughts?" He asked.

"Im fine driving us back to the cabin babe." He smiled and kissed her softly.

Back
Top Bottom