Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

She nodded her head and kissed him softly, “I just wish you didn’t have to go through it.” She said softly and squeezed his hands.

She picked up the camera and filmed him again. She smiled at making s’mores, she would happily make him all the s’mores he wanted. Her head titled when he said he would take his sports illustrated posters. “You aren’t hanging those on our bedroom.” She teased.

when he was finished she put the camera away and walked over to him. “You want to go get the posters now?” She asked. “That way you never have to come back until it’s time to burn it down?”

"I know. Me too. But maybe this can help other kids who are going through it. We can put resources out for them." He told her and kissed her cheek.

He chuckled. "Nah. The gym. We can both appreciate them there." He smiled at her.

Jake thought about it. "No, it's okay. I'm sure there are things here mom wants to keep. Like photos and stuff. I'm actually ready to just get out of here for now." He gave her a nod and let Amy walk out first before following out. He could only take that place so much.

Once back in the truck, they headed to the school. His former coach was going to be there and was expecting them. "I'm going to drive the route I normally walked to school."

She shook her head but had a smile on her face, “I better be up on a wall too then. And I want a big poster. Bigger than that.” She winked at him.

They all walked out of the house and made sure it was locked up. Owen was happy to see them outside. John set him down and ran over to then. It looked like he was running to Adri but he ran past her to Jake.

“Rude.” She said softly and kissed Owen’s cheek. “I used to be your favorite.” She reminded him.

Once Owen was buckled up they started to drive to his old school. She recorded the drive and any stories he had on the way there.

"Of course. You better have one bigger than that for me." He told her with a smile.

Jake smiled when he saw Owen. He was a good reminder of the crap he left behind. He scooped him up and attacked him with kisses. The fact that kid ran to him and smiled, showed that he surely did something right in life.

"There are definitely times you are still his favorite." He told her and kissed Adri's cheek.

Owen started talking before they started driving, just jabbering away. "I walked to school once when I was in junior high. A few older boys came out and jumped me right about here. They knew I had a friend that joined me the next block up. They took my lunch money. It was the first and only time. After that, I either out ran them, fought back or cut through that alley there."

He also showed her a place he would stop for a doughnut and juice.

“Oh I will. I definitely will.” She smiled.

“We should go get donuts. See if they are the same or if they changed the recipe. I don’t think I have ever gotten you a donut. We can change that today.” She kissed the back of his hand.

“Is your coach the one that got you into fighting?”

"I don't think you ever have bought me a doughnut. I don't know when I had a doughnut last to be honest." He told her and found a parking spot.

Owen smiled, "Nut?!" Jake looked at Adri, "How does he know what a doughnut is Adriana?!"

"My coach got me into working out and exercising and wrestling, then came fighting after that. But because of him getting me to start running and getting stronger it lead to the next." He explained.

"Jake was one of the faster kids on the football team. He was skinny and fast." Amy giggled.

“Don’t blame me for that. First of all, you don’t get a body this body by eating donuts. Secondly, he hasn’t really has sweets until this trip. So I didn’t do it.” She looked to the back and saw the guilty look on Amy’s face.

“He might have had a little bite of a Krispy Kreme once.” She confessed. “The boys wanted donuts.” She said and rubbed her belly.

“Are we letting that go?” She asked Jake. “We will have payback. You just wait and see.” She smiled at Amy.

Jake wasn't buying it. "Once? He doesn't learn what a doughnut is by one doughnut Aim. Nope. How many did you really have?"

The whole time John looked out the window, like he had nothing to say in the matter. Jake looked back and noticed and smiled. "Wait a minute...Pop, are you so quiet?" John shrugged. "That's fine. I'll ask Owen who gives him doughnuts. Owen? Owen who gives you doughnuts?"

Owen looked to Amy then John, then to Luke and smiled, "Nuts!"

"Yes who gives you those?"

He looked at John who shook his head slightly as if almost to tell him not to say anything.

"Nuts!"

Jake laughed. "I'm pretty sure you're guilty dad."

Adri shook her head, “Our entire family is against us.” She laughed. “We should pump him full of sugar and drop him off at their house one day.” She playfully threatened.

“My mom made cookies a few times and gave him half a cookie. I was supposed to keep it a secret but since they are confessing I might as well confess for her. And he might have had a lick or two of an ice cream cone.” She sighed.

“Do you still have your wrestling unitard?” She asked curiously. “No reason really as to why I’m asking. Just curious.” She asked and looked out the window. “What size do you think you are?” She asked and tried her best to keep a straight face.

Jake laughed and gave a nod. "Yeah. Let's do it. We get him all hyper and then drop him off. No explanation. We just do it."

"Hey whenever he had them I was watching him. I can feed him what I want when he is with me. What happens at papa's stays at papa's. We do live in Vegas." John explained which just made Jake chuckle.

He just looked at Adri as she confessed. "Really? What am I priest? Jeez. Luke...do you have anything to confess?"

Jake shook his head. "I don't have it. And my size, I have no idea. And you..." He shook his head. "Are ridiculous. In front of my dad? I thought you were getting me a doughnut..."

"Nut!" Owen yelled from the back and laughed.

“You could be. Today you are.” She smiled. “Everyone else is coming clean. Might as well clear out all the secrets.” She teased.

She raised her eyebrows. “I think it would make interesting b-roll cottage to get you in a unitard rolling around with Luke or something. I don’t know. Or...oh this is a good one, you wear it while you train some kid..nevermind. That’s creepy. You’re not doing that. But you could wear it while you wrestle Luke.” She smiled.

“Or me.” She said softly so only he would hear but she heard Amy snicker. John and Owen were having a conversation in the way back so they didn’t hear it.

Luke smiled, "You know me, I didnt give him anything bad to eat. He may have had a few Gatorades though..." he chuckled and shrugged.

Jake just kept shaking his head. "Everyone has turned on me and our son is making out with all these treats. He never should have told what happened. Dummy." He was keeping his secrets to himself...for now.

He looked at Adri, stone faced. "You are awful. You're supposed to keep certain thoughts to yourself Adriana. I'm only wrestling Luke in my normal workout attire. I already went to the short shorts during fights for you. The rest we will discuss later."

"Let's go get doughnuts before someone has a meltdown. And yes I mean me and not Owen." He chuckled and parked closer to the door.

“Gatorade?!” Adri looked back at him, “That’s pumped full of food coloring. That’s just as bad.”

Adri rolled her eyes and smiled at Jake, “I’m sure you have some secrets. You just want to be the good guy right now. That’s fine. Keep your secrets.” She chuckled and looked out the window.

“Yeah, you’re going to have to stop for donuts before we get to the school. It’s not a good look making your entire crew, meaning me, your cast and son go hungry. We could report you.” She joked.

“Donuts. Donuts. Donuts.” She started to chant the group got in on it. “My treat.”

"Not to mention the sugar in Gatorade." Jake added and shook his head.

"It was the Zero with zero sugar." He told them.

Jake found a parking spot and everyone got out. He wanted to go in and see if any of the familiar faces were still working there. John got Owen out and carried him inside which made him a little mad cause he wanted to walk in himself, but once inside, John put him down and grabbed his hand.

Behind the counter was an older woman with grey hair, she was moving around quickly. Jake smiled. "Hi Mrs. Garcia." She spun around, "Jake Daniels! I never thought you'd walk back in my shop. How are you?" Her face lit up when she saw him and came out from behind the counter to hug him. He hugged her back.

"It's good to see you. I'm good. Thank you. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm wonderful." She saw Amy and gushed over her belly and gave her a hug. "This must be your big family." She said to Jake looking around. "Oh yes, I've seen Adriana with you." She smiled. "You're so gorgeous. Hi. I'm embarrassed, I'm a big fan of our local celebrities. I used to give Jake free donuts."

Adri smiled when Mrs Garcia instantly recognized Jake. A quick look around the small donut shop showed why. She was following his every move and had pictures of him up on his wall, if it wasn’t a poster it was a newspaper clipping about him winning another match. She even had a big front page spread of Jake kicking Bisping and knocking him out.

“Hi.” Adri smiled and gave her a hug. “I’ve heard. He told us on the way here. I promised donuts to everybody.” She chuckled. “That might have been a mistake seeing how good they all look.” She said looking at the display case full of different flavors and toppings.

“We are filming a documentary about Jake and his journey to be in the top. Do you think I can ask you some questions while they gorge themselves on donuts?” Adri asked her.

Jake felt special that he had so much support from his hometown. It was something he was ready to leave as a kid but now looking back, he did have some good people in his life. For that he was very grateful. He looked at the articles on the wall.

"I will get you all whatever you like." Mrs Garcia told them. She even gave Owen his own doughnut with sprinkles. "Sure, I'd love to answer any question."

Owen sat with John to wat his treat with a small thing of milk. He thought he was tough stuff but little did he know Mrs. Garcia would give him the same thing to his dad on his way to school.

After everyone was settled with their donut of choice, Adri took Mrs Garcia to the back and asked her a few questions about Jake and what she remembered about him as a kid and why she gave him free donuts. She was trying to figure out if the adults in his life knew what was going on and tried to help him. It seemed like she did try to help him but she couldn’t do much more than make sure he ate every morning.

They went back out front when Adri ran out of questions. She recorded everyone eating the donuts and then sat down and ate one herself. She rubbed Jake’s back and kissed his cheek.

“You like your donut Owen?” Adri asked and he gave her a big smile. She rubbed his cheek and got up to pay. She wouldn’t take no for an answer and when she got the receipt, she left a ten thousand dollar tip on top of the tab. It wasn’t enough for everything she had done to keep Jake‘s spirit lifted but it was something.

Mrs. Garcia knew that Jake didn't have the love and support at home that he should have but never the extent of the abuse. But people like her, kept Jake going.

Jake smiled at Adri when she sat down. It was really cool letting her into his past the way they were doing it. Owen loved the doughnu. He had sprinkles and icing everywhere. Jake cleaned him up after they were finished.

The extra money that Adri gave Mrs. Garcia would help a lot and she was grateful, expressing it with a huge hug. Jake hugged her as well. "Thanks again Mrs. Garcia. It was so great to see you. I'll send you some merchandise to either hang up or keep for yourself." He smiled and Owen grabbed his hand but was a little shy.

They all said their goodbyes and got back in the truck, heading to the school. "What we build on the house property will sell her doughnuts," Jake told her softly.

“Those were some damn good donuts.” Adri agreed.

“How is the baby? Did he like them?” She asked Amy and then asked the baby herself to see if she could get a kick out of him. The only time she got a kick was when she asked if he was really a girl.

They all got in the SUV and it was time to go to his high school. “Do you want to go get lunch after this?” She asked. “Was there any place special you guys went when you were young?”

"Mama liked them. Mama liked them a lot." Amy said with a giggle. "We have to get some to take back to Vegas with us. Mmm." She smiled. Jake could get on board with that.

"We can do lunch. Sure." Jake gave a nod. When she asked if they ate anywhere special, Jake looked in the mirror at Amy and smiled. Together they both said, "Millies!" He chuckled. "Millies was were our mom worked but they had the best food. They are your typical small town diner. That's when we'd see mom the most was if we went in to eat at Millies. They have the best burgers. As a kid we would go in and get a grilled cheese, fries or mac and cheese. They made their mac and cheese homemade with the crisps on top."

Jake drove up to the school and let Adri get some footage of the outside of it as they drove around to the main entrance. "My old stomping grounds." He smiled.

“Millies it is. He’ll, I could go for a grilled cheese right now. And tomato soup. Mmm.” She smiled.

She recorded the front of the school for him. And asked him questions about the school as they parked. When they got to the gym, she got out of the car and got the camera set up so she could record him in front of the school.

“Are we going to see some of your sick wrestling moves?” She asked. “I’ll fight you if you need a stand in.” She teased .

"They have soup." He told her. "It was pretty good too."

Jake laughed, "Maybe. But that's what we brought Luke for so I could beat him up." Luke looked at him and gave him a look, "I'm on vacation bro. Sorry."

He took them in the front door where by the offices, there was a trophy case. He pointed to a team picture of all the wrestlers where Jake was in the back. Then he showed them a photo of just himself who won for the most pins. Jake was pretty proud to be in the trophy case.

The coach must have saw them pull up, because he came down the hall from the gym. "Jake Daniels!" Jake turned around and saw the coach. "Coach Jackson!" He walked over and gave him a hug. He introduced him to the family, he already knew Amy.

“You can show me some of those award winning pins on the mat.” She chuckled and recorded the display case for him. He was talking about what each award was for. It was very impressive. It was easy to see that he was born to be a fighter.

She turned when the coach came down the hall and filmed their initial meeting and then out the camera down when she was introduced.

“Hi. It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled and picked up Owen so he could be introduced. He tried to play the shy guy and hugged Adri and buried his face in her neck. Then he didn’t want to be set down so filming responsibility had to go to Amy.

“Did you see Daddies trophies?” She asked Owen and showed him the display case.

Coach Jackson was happy to finally get to meet John. "It's nice to meet you sir. You obviously know your son very talented, it's been a joy seeing him continue to grow but on tv." He chuckled shaking his hand.

Owen pointed to the picture of Jake in high school. "Daddy!" Jake smiled proudly. Even his son could spot the younger him.

Jake showed them his locker when he was a senior and then they went in to the gym. He asked Coach if they had any good prospects for wrestling. There were a couple boys who were pretty good. Jake thought maybe he could come back sometime and help train them. It would be cool and a great way to give back.

"I wanted to say thank you for putting in that effort and believing in me. You got me hooked on the sport and wanting to do more and more with it. You literally saved me by giving me a way out.."

Adri smiled at Jake and his coach and nodded her head, “And maybe we can get the team to come to Vegas. If there is another fight in Vegas we can sponsor you guys, you can come down see the town for a couple days.” She offered. “Is that too much for a group of teen boys? Maybe just you then. You can stay at the house.” She offered.

“I don’t think any of us would be where we are if it weren’t for you teaching this guy how to fight. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.” She told him.

She held Owen close to her chest and kissed his temple. “where do you want to film Boo?” She asked.

Back
Top Bottom