Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“That’ll be cute. What are you going to wear?” She asked him. “I can pick out your clothes if you want. No need to go too fancy but I would t wear anything branded because they might have to sensor it if it isn’t a brand they affiliate with. Actually, stick with UFC. Hat, shirt, plain black jeans or blue jeans. I’ll make sure the kid looks cute, just in case he wants to make a cameo.” She laughed. “It might be haircut time actually.” She said and ran her fingers through Owen’s hair.

“Teeball, for sure. He can wrestle when he’s older.” But the image of Owen and all his rolls in a wrestling uniform was adorable. She shook her head, “Nope. Tee ball.”

She rolled off Owen and played catch with him. He wasn’t very good at it but he still love playing. The ball would hit I’m in the stomach and fall and he’d laugh and throw it to her. And he would throw too hard which was something else they needed to work on.

Jake shrugged on what he would wear. "You can pick it out. I actually like when you normally pick out my clothes. Except when I'm chilling at home or going to the gym. Then I just like comfy over anything else." He told her her. "Owen always looks good." He chuckled when she mentioned a cameo. "We can take him to the mall if you want to get it cut."

He chuckled. "Alright. We can let him try teeball. We will see if he likes it. I think he will like any sport he plays. Maybe he will just be a beast in all sports." He smiled.

Jake chuckled as he wanted his son try to play catch with her. He'd hold his ball back like he's getting the strength to throw the ball. He just loved playing with Adri and Max was confused. He followed the ball a bit before laying down and watching. "Aw poor Max." He patted the couch so he could come lay with him.

When Jake patted his stomach, it was the girls who came running over before Max even got the chance to finish standing up, he stood up and moved to lay next to Jake. BamBam laid on his chest and Rocky laid on his lap.

Adri laughed and reached out to stroke Max’s back. “My poor big guy. They took your spot, huh? Those mean little girls.”

The rest of the day was very mellow. Everyone had their own space if they wanted it.The closer to dinner they got, the more people came to the living room so they would be close by when it was time to eat.

Adri got Owen changed and cleaned up for dinner. They could stay in their pajamas if they wanted, that was usually how it worked at the Jones residence. Finally it was time to set the table and bring food out to the table. Adri smiled at Jake and got up to help her mom.

“Come take a seat.” Maria called out. Jake’s parents got one end of the table, Adri’s parents got the other the. Everyone could squeeze in on the sides. The table was pretty substantial so there was hardly any squeezing. And fortunately Drew and Stacy were on the other side of the table and at the opposite end of the table so Adri would haven’t have to see them when she looked up.

“Jake it’s your home. Why don’t you give the prayer?” Maria asked and linked hands with her husband and Adri. Everyone else at the table also linked hands.

"Babe, he's mad about the ball. Not the girls." He told Adri and chuckled.

Jake gave Adri a smile when she got up to help her mother set the table. "I'm starving." He whispered to her and gave her butt a playful smack.

When everyone was called to the table, he sat down next to Adri, Owen was in his high chair ready to go.

When Maria suggested he say the prayer, he was a bit caught off guard. "Me? Ohh wow." He cleared his throat. Growing up his grandfather always said grace so this was a special honor to him. Some people may not see it that way, but he did. "Lord, thank you for this oppurtunity to bring all of us together to celebrate the birth of your son, the best gift this holiday season. Bless this food that has been prepared with loving hands and caring hearts. Bless this family as we spend the rest of the time together and may we find ways to share your word and love with the world around us. In your name we pray, Amen."

He squeezed Adri's hand and gave her a quick kiss. "Merry Christmas baby."

“Take that up with my mother.” She said to his hunger. She looked back with a smile when he spanked her before she left.

She squeezed Jake’s hand lovingly as he gave his prayer. “Amen. Merry Christmas Boo.” When Owen saw that Jake got a kiss, he wanted one too. So Adri gave him a kiss as she sat down. There were a mix of typical American dishes and some Germans ones.

Adri tried to keep up with each dish and explain what it was and what was in them. Spätzle which was a noodle with butter and cheese and onions. Speckbohnen, which as he would see were green beans with bacon. There was Mac and cheese. There was a salad, dinner rolls, a giant ham steamed vegetables and that was just the main course. There was dessert in the kitchen still.

Adri has a little bit of everything g and cute some of what was on her plate up for Owen. She kept it simple with ham, green beans, steamed veggies and pieces of a roll.

If Adri hadn’t worked out as hard as she did, she would have felt guilt about eating as much as she was. She probably still would later but for now she was enjoying it.

Jake shook his head at Owen wanting a kiss too. "God forbid daddy get any kisses that he didn't get." He teased and smiled at Adri.

He dug in. Everything looked amazing and he was starving. He worked out hard and needed to refuel. It was all so good and he told Maria, Adri and his own mother that. It was a good thing Adri cooked healthy food at home or he would be a lot heavier than he was. "I'm surprised I don't fight heavy weight." He teased and kissed her cheek.

Owen even tore up the food she gave him. He also said, 'Mmm' a few times. He loved the mac n cheese the most. Jake tore up the noodles and green beans. It was one of the quietest the entire house had been because everyone was eating.

“It’s Christmas. Everyone gets kisses.” Adri told him. “You sound jealous.” She teased.

“I know what you can and can eat. If you ever want to go to heavy weight, I will be more than happy to help. There are a lot of things I’d love to cook and can’t because...carbs. And not the good kind.” She laughed. “But I don’t want to hear it when we are Germany this summer. You’re eating everything I put in front of you. You have too.” She told him and her mother agreed which made it law.

Owen, Jake and Adri loved the Mac and cheese. It was something Adri was just learning but would make more of in
the future. She smiled and hake and slowed down so she wouldn’t get full too fast. She poured her mother and herself a glass of wine and offered it to Jake.

“Thanks for cooking mama. This is really good.”

Jake grinned. "I'm good the weight class I am now. I told you before if I wanted to do another weight class it would probably be down one. I'd tone up even more and lose more weight. I was less body fat, more muscle." He flexed and gave her a wink.

"Yes love. Yes mom." He said to Adri and then her mother. When they go to Germany, he actually wanted to try everything. "We need to travel more so we can both try more foods." He wiggled his eyebrows at Adri.

When she asked if he wanted wine he shook his head no but Luke was grabbing some whiskey and that sounded better for just dinner.

Owen ate his mac and cheese completely gone and asked for, "Mo, mo mama!"

Jake looked at Owen. "Say more please mama."

Owen looked at his dad then Adri. "Mo pweeze mama." Jake smiled proudly and gave him some more so Adri could eat. Towards the end of dinner, Jake asked his parents if Adri and he could talk to them a moment before they got too busy doing something else. They said it was fine and if everything was okay. Jake said that it was great.

“You know what I want you to keep. You can lose everything but you better keep my favorite parts.” She smiled.

“I agree, we should travel more and notbecause you have a fight in a diffrrrbt country. We should actually travel. Maybe during the summer if we can. The three of us off on a summer adventure.” She smiled. “Not this summer though. We can start next year.” She told him. There was too much to do with the wedding, the brand she was trying to start and everything else.

Since Adri helped cook she was excused from having to clear plates and wash plates. Dessert was offered but it was agreed that the dinner needed to settle down before they could start breaking into cakes and pies. “Amy might want to stay as well. She could go with us tomorrow.” She added to Jake but let him tell his family and control the conversation.

Jake grinned. "Babe. Not in front of our families. Then they will know you like my butt." He whispered and chuckled.

He couldn't help but laugh. "I was going to say. I was going to wonder when we were going to travel this summer. I wouldn't mind some little weekend getaways."

Jake helped clear plates but then returned to the dinning room to talk to his family. He sat down next to Adri after setting a cup of coffee in front of his dad. "I wanted to bring this idea I have up to you all so you're aware of it. Adri and I were talking awhile ago and I don't even remember how we started talking about it but came up with the idea that it would be fun to show Adri where it all started for me. Then we said it would be fun to tape it, and make it a documentary." He told his parents. "That being said though, if it's my story, it's not all rainbows and sunshine. Some of it, mom, may bring up some painful stuff." He glanced at Amy because she had some painful things happened too.

"I was going to start by going by the old house. The school, my old gym then travel west until we get back to Vegas." Jake looked at Adri, "I think we talked about how I got the name Drifter." He smiled a little. "I wanted to show her some of the places I've lived, slept, fought, trained." His eyes shifted back to his parents. "I came from nothing..."

"Jacob, I tried..." His mother spoke up.

He put his hand up, "Mom, don't worry. I know you did, I'll be telling the story. I will be part of the editing. I'll not make you out to be a bad guy. I'll make sure everyone knows how close we are now. I didn't same I came from nothing because of what you did or didn't do. I left Denver with nothing but a bag of clothes and maybe a $100 to my name. Leaving Denver I had to make something for myself. I started fighting to survive. I want to tell that story. It may help others in similiar situations." He explained.

Adri rubbed Jake’s leg while he explained what they were going to do. She wanted him to know that she was there if his mother wasn’t fond of the idea.

“I think it is valid for you to be afraid that he could touch on something that could paint you in a bad light. He could touch on something that Amy may not want told. Is there anything that is a strict line in the sand, you don’t want him to discuss at all? Or is there a point where you want to step in and maybe share your side of the story?” She asked. HBO and ESPN have alloyed an hour long documentary to sports players in the past. She didn’t see why Jake would be any different. Especially if it was on HBO with no commercial breaks. They needed to fill that time.

Owen asked for more which was surprising but Adri decided he had more than enough. She grabbed some wet wipes and cleaned off his face and hands. She took his shirt off since it was covered in food and she held him while they spoke.

Eileen thought about it. "I was in a tough spot with his stepfather. I don't know how people will see that and what they will think." She said honestly. "Plus...he's gone, no need to run his name through the mud."

Jake looked at his mother. "I'm only going to touch on the fact that I had an abusive step father. I'm not going to bring his name into it at all. He doesn't deserve to have his name in my mouth and my energy used to say it." He said with a bit of annoyance. More at his stepfather not his mother. "I don't want to focus on that part of my life. Honestly, it's part of why I started fighting but not who I am now. I do feel that it's fair to comment that I left and feel guilty for leaving you behind." He looked at Amy. "If I could have taken you with me..."

She touched his hand. "I know. I'm not upset with you for leaving and becoming someone. It's okay." She squeezed her hand. "Can we leave the extent of his abuse out of it though?" Without hesitation, Jake nodded. "Yes. Of course. Do you and Luke want to come with us tomorrow? We can do that part of it together if you want." She thought about it and looked at Luke and he gave her a look like it was her choice and she gave a nod. "Sure. Yeah." Jake gave her a small smile.

Eileen comment sparked somewhat of a fire in Adri. She met his step-father. He wasn’t much of a man that needed protecting. He had no problems calling Adri nasty names and spat in Jake’s face after hake paid for his healthcare. And then paid for his funeral.

“You want to leave in the morning?” She asked. “If everyone can be ready by nine, we can hit the road film a couple places and then go to lunch and film a few more after lunch.” She offered. “Maybe you can call your old gym in the morning and that afternoon or the day after we can go visit.” She rubbed Jake’s back and bounced Owen on her knee.

Owen was talking to her about something but she couldn’t understand him, no one could. When he wasn’t talking, his head was on her chest. His belly was full and he was comfortable. So he was a happy baby.

“Look at this belly.” She laughed and tickled Owen’s distended belly. It was poking out because he was hunched over and still had baby fat. It delighted Adri. She had a chunky baby. “So chunky.” She smiled.

There was really no one he hated more than his stepfather but he wasn't want to fight with someone else on Christmas so he let his mother share her concerned and let it go.

Jake gave a nod. "Sounds like a good plan. I emailed my old coach. He's in. He's available tomorrow." He smiled at her. Amy was also okay with nine. "We can get breakfast first right?" Amy asked with a small smile and shrugged, "Sorry I get hungry." Jake laughed because that was normally him, worried about food.

When Jake couldn't understand him, he would raise an eyebrow and look at him like he was crazy. "I have no idea what he's saying most of the time. I don't speak toddler."

Jake chuckled. "Don't make fun of his fat. He gets his eating habits from his aunt." He teased Amy who kicked him under the table. "Oww. I was kidding. Gosh! Ugh."

"Ass." She said softly.

“Yes. We can get breakfast before hand. Or we can eat here. It’s up to you guys.” Adri smiled.

“You and next both.” She laughed and nodded her head to Owen to keep him talking. “That’s rude. She’s eating for two.” Adri told him. “You deserved what ever she did.”

She rubbed Owen’s belly and poked it which made him poke her belly and then his belly. “You ate well, huh?” She asked him and kissed his forehead.

“So we have our plans for tomorrow. Most of my family leaves the day after tomorrow. Drew and Stacey leave tomorrow.” She rolled her eyes. She didn’t need to be here for that though.

"Breakfast here is fine. I love your mother's cooking." She smiled.

Jake looked at her shocked. "I didn't deserve to get kicked in the shin. I spoke the truth is all. She likes to eat right now. It's nice to know it's not always me that likes to eat." He chuckled and shrugged.

"We all ate well. Really well. It was all delicious. It should be against the law to make food that good." Jake said and poked Owen's belly too before tickling him.

Jake smiled, "I'm so sad to miss them leaving." He joked. "Wait..do we trust them leaving without us here? I know that sounds awful." He asked. "How are we spending the rest of our evening beautiful?"

Adri smiled and leaned back so she could see her mom, “ Mama, du hast Jake ruiniert. Wirst du morgen frühstücken?”

“Ja ja. Fein. Was will er?” Her mother said back and walked over to the table.

“ Zimtrollen.” Adri smiled, but Maria was next to then by them.

“What do you want for breakfast Jake? You really want cinnamon rolls?”

Adri smiled guilty and nodded her head. “They’re really good. You’ll love them.”

Jake looked at Adri. "Um...I could eat cinnamon rolls. Can we have some sort of meat though too. I need protein." He asked with a bit of an explaination. "I technically am training." He told her.

Cinnamon rolls weren't something he would normally make or have at home but it was something he could eat for the holidays but he needed to even it out with some protein though to make it worth it. Plus Amy loved Maria's food so it was for her too.

"Mom thank you for cooking." He told Maria. "You've done a lot of it so you do deserve an easier morning." He gave her a hug.

Maria kissed Jake’s temple and rubbed his cheek in a very motherly way, “I like cooking. I’m a mother of five. I’m used to it and you like to eat. So I cook for you.” She smiled. “Bauernfrühstück. I think you’ll like it and it has enough protein to keep you going all day. Morning at least.” She promised.

“It’s a good breakfast.” Adri agreed and bumped into his shoulder. “I think Jake would hire you to come to the house and cook. Or when you feel the need you can just come over and do whatever you want.”

“I appreciate that.” She rubbed the back of Adri’s head and kissed her forehead. She plucked Owen from her lap and kissed his cheeks. “You could help nana cook. Would you like that?” She asked him in English and German.

“She really loves you Boo.” Adri whispered to Jake and kissed his cheek.

"The cinnamon rolls will have protein in them?!" He asked confused. "Or what is that? That sounds interesting." He asked.

Jake gave a big nod. "Yes. I wouldn't hire you. Because I don't want you to have to feel you have to cook, but if you'd come over randomly and cook, I'd pay you." He told her. "Amy would too." He chuckled. "But I will have to have Luke kick my butt even more now to work off all that extra food."

Eileen had gotten more comfortable with Maria being so close to Owen. Honestly, she was happy that her grandson had two sets of grandparents in his life. Owen smiled and gave Maria a nod even though he had no idea what she was asking in English or German. He thought when she said 'cook' she meant 'cookie.' "Coo eee? COo ee!" Owen said and Jake couldn't help but laugh. "Our famliy eats too much."

“No, she isn’t making cinnamon rolls. It’s a egg dish with potatoes, onions, bacon, sausage, eggs and some other stuff. It’s everything you want in a breakfast.” She told him. She can make cinnamon rolls later. Plus, we will have cake and pie and what not so I can eat that if I want sugar.” She said.

“It is dessert time technically.” Adri smiled and got up. She looked at the dessert dishes and decided to get herself a slice of apple pie with ice cream. She cleaned Owen’s tray and put some left over apple pie filling and a small scoop ice cream on it so he could have that. She gave him a spoon so he could dig in while she got everyone else what they wanted.

“Did you have a good Christmas?” She asked Jake quietly. “I brought the elephant if you wanted to try it on for me.” She whispered with a smirk.

Jake gave her a sexy look to Adri as she started talking about the dish. It was everything he wants in a breakfast and then some. "Oh my word. That sounds magnificient." He told her and smiled big. "Baby can you make it so if I fall in love with it you can make it for your love of your life?"

The dinner had Jake still pretty full so he only had a small piece of pie and ice cream as well. It was good but more than he probably needed to have.

He gave Adri a smile when she asked about his Christmas. "I did. Did you?" He asked softly before grinning. "We will see. You are so obsessed with that thing." He teased. "Don't you like the look of it all by itself?" He asked. "Don't answer that."

Adri rolled her eyes, “Yes. If you fall in love with it, I will make it more often.” She promised. Knowing that he would fall in love with it and she would be making big orchard that she could throw in the fridge so he could eat it throughout the week.

“I did.” She smiled. “I’m not obsessed. I just know what I like. And to answer your question, I like it both ways. It’s just fun when it’s all dressed up.” She smiled.

“You don’t have to put it in though. You dressed up last night. I think it’s my turn.” She wiggled her eyebrows and kissed his cheek. “This monster is going to need another shower.” She told Jake and looked at Owen who was smothering ice cream over his hands and then face. The spoon just wasn’t fast enough for him.

“I can’t wait until we all get back to our normal schedules and diets.” She said softly.

Jake was a bit surprised when she said it was her turn to dress up but when his super model fiance offered he wasn't going to tell her no. "I could live with that." He teased.

He couldn't help but laugh at Owen. "I couldn't deny him if I wanted to." He said and offered to clean him up when he was finished.

"I know. After New Year's I need to get back to strict training plans and diets. I want a fight in before the wedding so we can enjoy what we want during and after the wedding." He told her and kissed her cheek. "Plus I'm ready to be just us." He whispered.

“Yeah, I didn’t think you would have a problem with that.” She chuckled. “You really won’t when you see what it is.” She smirked.

“That’s going to be the best part. It will just be me and you.” She said and Owen made a noise as if he knew what they were saying. “And Owen. And Max and Bambara and Rocky.” She added and rolled her eyes. “Next year remind me to not do this again. Let’s travel next Christmas.”

When dessert was over, she took the plates to the kitchen to clean them off, hoping Jake would take Owen up for a shower, so then she could use the bathroom to get ready for tonight. Owen still had a couple hours before bed, so they could probably squeeze in a movie.

“You want to watch the Grinch?” She asked everyone and a resounding yes. So they could watch the new animated Grinch movie before Owen went to bed.

Back
Top Bottom