Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“With her?” She spat and rolled her eyes. “God no.”

She stopped rocking Owen and kept rubbing his back in circles. “You’re okay.” She whispered and kissed his shoulder. She knew he wasn’t asleep but at least he stopped screaming. She tried to lay him on the bed so he could watch Paw Patrol and drink his milk but he wanted to be held now.

“I just...” she wasn’t sure what she wanted. I want Christmas to be over.” She said softly and laid on the bed. Owen laid next to her as long as she didn’t move.

“Maybe I’m just tired. It was a long night.” She pulled a blanket over them and looked at Jake. “Are you going to lay with us or go work out?” She asked.

Jake was getting pissed seeing Adri so upset. He couldn't help it. She and Owen were his first priority and he was a protector. He was in protective mode.

He watched her a moment then when she said she wanted Christmas to be over, when she put so much into it and was so excited, he wasn't having that. This fued was going to end. Jake shook his head. "I'm going to go take care of something. I'll be back." He told her, clearly pissed off.

Heading out the door, he went downstairs, to find Stacy and Andrew.

Adri watched Jake leave and sighed. Owen looked up at her and she smiled at him. “I don’t think Daddy should have left.” She told him and kissed his forehead. She would go get him but owen was calm finally and she didn’t want him to get his energy back up. She didn’t see him doing anything bad to either of them so she stayed upstairs and cuddled her son.

The parents were on the back porch drinking a coffee before the cooking started. This was everyone’s chance to get a snack for lunch before they were all banned from the kitchen until dinner. Amy and Luke were watching TV in one of the other rooms. Andrew and Aidan were kicked back and talking about something in a corner. Andrew and Alex were in the living room with Stacey and Andre’s wife talking about their wedding and where they would get married.

Andrew and Stacey ignored Jake when he arrived but everyone else at least looked at him in greeting. Andre was the one that went on alert when he saw Jake’s approach. He clued in Aidan so the big brothers were ready to step in if needed.

Jake found the two annoyances for the entire visit. He kept his distance, across the room to not come across too intimidating but he wanted it to be known that he was angry and fed up. "Alright. Let's hear it. What is your problem with Adri, with me, with our son? Or whatever. What is the problem? Because these snarky and snide remarks, in my own house nonetheless, needs to stop. Adri put in a lot of time to put this together and I will sit back and let anyone disrespect her. I don't give two shits if your her brother and soon to be sister in law, I won't have it. You're a guest in OUR home. Learn some respect." He said sternly.

"So let's hear it...what's your issues? And I swear if you say you don't have one, I'm going to lose my mind because no one, I mean no one acts so immature and peddy if you don't have an issue." Luke heard the commotion and came in, touching Jake's arm, but Jake didn't budge.

He stood there, waiting for their response.

“Us?!” Andrew stood up so he was on level with Jake but didn’t step towards him. “We don’t have the issue. She does. We share happy news twice and she walks away. She doesn’t like something then she throws a fit. It’s always been like this. I’ve known her her entire life. She will get over it. Christmas didn’t go how she planned and now she done. She wanted to be the one with the best presents probably and she wasn’t. She will get over it.” He assured Jake.

“Maybe go speak to her. She’s the one that always wanted a sister and a niece and a daughter and blah blah blah. She finally gets it and she has done nothing hug spit in Stacey’s face. They don’t want to be friends, fine. That’s not our business.” He told Jake.

”We agreed to have a small wedding. Sorry if she is upset she can’t come. It’s not going to change. It’s us two and my parents.” He shrugged. “That’s just how it’s working out. I thought she would happy she didn’t have to compete with a duel wedding.”

Jake just smiled and shook his head. "Maybe her issues is that fact you two sold photos of her during a vulnerable moment for some quick cash. That's a great start to a new sister." He told Andrew. "Again...respect. Learn it. You don't do that to your own family and then expect hugs and kisses when you share good new. Sorry, it's not how it works. This isn't a fucking fairy tale." He told him. "I'm constantly worried if we look at someone the wrong way you're going to take photos and try to make money off of them. It's pretty sad we have to be that cautious around our own family. You have no idea the shit we deal with, with our status. What if Owen was with Adri when she got jumped? Did you ever think about that? Or you're going to get married. What if that was Stacy, who got the shit beat out of her, when you were states away, unable to do a damn thing about it. And then someone who's family, betrays you for a bit of money. If you all needed money, you should have asked, we would gave you a loan. But now those photos are out there and they are never going away. I'm glad you two can sleep so soundly at night knowing how you just turned your back on your own family like that. I would never think of doing that to Amy." He shook his head.

"And maybe...if you got your head out of your ass and tried talking to your sister you'd learn, it's a bit deeper than her just throwing a little fit because her presents weren't the best. She doesn't care about that. She just wanted her family together for the holidays and you and your fiance have done nothing but try to one up her the entire time you guys got here." He told him.

"She also couldn't give two shits if she was at your little wedding. We already had plans anyway but now you're getting married and having a strict guest list, changes who was supposed to watch our son. But we can adjust." He told him. "And sorry Andrew, she isn't competing for anything. You're the one who seems to be competing. Grow up dude. You want the celebrity status like we do?" He laughed. "You wouldn't last a month before getting shredded to pieces. Everything gets pulled to the surface. Everything you've ever done, anything Stacy has ever done. Are you ready for that? For the world to know? Your family?" He asked.

“I know nothing about the pictures. I checked her phone. She didn’t have any pictures on them. They weren’t in her deleted folder. Her bank statement stayed the same. She didn’t do anything. You two are banking on us being the bad guys. Did you check your staff? You have a nanny, a cleaning service that comes in every who knows when. Check your back before you go hopping on ours!” He argued.

“Next year we don’t need to be together for Christmas. The family doesn’t need your money being rubbed in our faces. Oh look at our private jet. We will pay for all the tickets. You can stay in our new cabin that’s been decorated specifically for us. We get it your rich. Why don't you go do something with that money?” He asked.

“You think we can’t handle it because she was a stripper? Who cares? We don’t want your life. We don’t need your life. She has always wanted to be in the spotlight. She finally got it. Congratulations.” He said sarcastically. “I’m over her attitude all the time. Maybe we need some time apart. She doesn’t need this stress in her life.” He said gesturing to Stacey.

“We leave tomorrow. The flight has been booked. We can get a hotel by the airport after dinner.”

"Wow for not knowing my staff that's pretty bold to accuse them of that." He told him. "But yes just because the pics weren't on her phone and no money was in the account, she must be innocent. The photos were from your mother's house...I'm not stupid. Do not insult my intelligence." He told Andrew. Jake would put a private investigator on it. He'd get to the bottom of it.

Jake laughed and shook his head. "You think that's what this is? To rub it in your face?" He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "We flew you to Colorado because this is where I grew up. I wanted to be back home for the first time since Ieft for the holidays. Call me selfish. Plus I wanted Owen to have a white Christmas. So your sister and I decided to have the entire family together so that way no one had to miss out. Especially our parents. If anything we did this for them, not you. So that way they had all of their kids under the same roof. And no offense but both you and Adri are being a bit childish and ruining things for them. So be proud of yourselfs on that." He probably would regret saying that later but it was both of them and he was admitting that.

"You don't want my life? Really? That's why you're trying to get your own reality show?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Why? Why would anyone want to watch you besides the fact of who your sister is?" He asked. "Right she doesn't need the stress in her life but Adri can have all the stress you want to dish out. Again, you run your mouth and not listen. One word, respect. I'm sorry you still haven't figured that out."

“Why are you still talking then?” Drew asked. “I gave you the answer to this little fight. Stacey and I are leaving. I will talk my parents and your parents alone. I don’t need you trying be the bigger man in the situation. We don’t need to see this much of each other until dinner.”

He sat back on the couch and put his hand on Stacey’s knee. “And by then she’ll probably be too drunk to care about anything. Vodka at nine in the morning, that’s healthy.” She said about Adri’s spiked hot chocolate. He shook his head and leaned back to wrap his arm around Stacey’s shoulder.

For her part, she didn’t say anything. She sat back and watched it all happening. When Drew sat down she watched Jake to see if he would do anything.

“I’ve never had a sister before either.” She said. “Drew made it sound like we would be the best of friends and then...it was like a Mean Girls clique with her and your sister.” She shook her head like she didn’t want to be a part of it.

"The only reason you're acting like a tough guy is because you know Luke won't let me knock you out." He said softly.

Then he struck a nerve and Jake turned a different shade of red. He almost let out why she was drinking so early but he couldn't do that to her so the minute his mouth opened to say something he stopped and Luke quietly said his name. "Like I said, there's something deeper going on. Something you couldn't possibly understand." He told Andrew.

Jake looked at Stacy. "My sister has nothing to do with this. When she sees something, she calls it out. Like I do. You ran your mouth. She called your ass out. If you didn't want called out why say anything?" He asked. "But continue to point fingers and act as if you're a victim. May have his parents fooled but that's about it."

Jake turned to head upstairs. "Congratulations. I will love to meet your perfectly behaved child that you think you'll have." He headed upstairs.

“I’m not afraid of you. You think everyone is walking on eggshells because you’re a fighter? Do I look like I fucking care, Bro?” Drew asked.

“Something deeper is always going on with the drama queen. She probably broke a nail and it hasn’t grown back yet. Drinking won’t solve anything go get her in rehab if she can’t handle her problems. We don’t need a dead sister. Or a Marilyn Monroe in the family.”

By the time Jake came back upstairs both Owen and Adri were asleep. Owen went from laying next to her to being half on top of her and because of that Adri had to lay on her back. Even though she was asleep, she had a grip on his shirt so he wouldn’t go anywhere and she would pop up if he moved or it felt like he would fall.

"No one else has a problem with me...bro." Jake said to him. "I just know you'd never get in my face without your brothers here."

Jake stopped and turned back when Andrew started running his mouth about her drinking. This asshole was really pushing buttons and it was taking a lot of inner strength on Jake's part to not just let him have it, or tell him and the rest of the family what was going on. "Mind your own business Andrew and handle your own wife. I'll handle mine. Thanks."

When Jake got upstairs, he looked at the two sleeping and put pillows by Owen so he couldn't roll too far. He then changed into clothes to work out. He needed to do some hardcore pissed off working out.

After leaving Adri a note, he made his way back downstairs to head to the gym.

Adri woke up after a half hour and Jake wasn’t back yet. She saw the pillows around Owen so she knew he came back at some point. She turned her head and saw the note. She moved out from under Owen and carefully picked him up and put him in his crib. When she was sure he wouldn't wake up, she changed and went downstairs. She handed Amy the baby monitor and grabbed three bottles of water.

She went into the gym and watched Jake for a second. She handed him a water since he was all wet and sweaty. Any other time it would have been sexy but she wanted to fight somebody.

“You love me and you’re going to let me hit you. Or you're going to hold the bag and then I’ll hold the bag for you because you definitely aren’t hitting me.” She laughed. She wrapped up her hand and leaned against the wall.

“You okay?” She asked softly as she wrapped up her hand.

Jake looked at Adri when she came down but kept working out. He music pretty loud but they could still talk. When she mentioned punching him he just gave a nod. "Okay."

When she asked if he was okay he shook his head. "No. I'm pissed. Your brother acted like a fucking tough guy cause your other brothers and Luke were there. Of course they've done nothing wrong." Jake rolled his eyes. "After dinner they are getting a hotel. They think we did all this to throw our money in their faces. He told me to use our money for some good. Like I just spend everything I earn..." He said and shook his head. "I worked my ass off to make the money that I make. If I want to spend it, I'm spending it. I don't need him to judge me."

He paced as he talked to her. "Stacy chimmed in and tried to pull Amy in on it and say you two treated her like you were a member of Mean Girls. Then he accused you of being an alcoholic and jealous of them because they gave a better gift...I didn't tell them why things are hard for you right now. I almost did. It almost just came out like word vomit but I didn't I couldn't do that to you." He said softly before sitting on the bench press bench.

"I told him I wouldn't have someone disrespecting you in my house." He shook his head. "Your parents are probably pissed at me and think I ruined their Christmas. But he wanted to talk to his parents so that way they got the 'thruth'." Jake rolled his eyes.

"He sounds like an Instagram troll." She said and finished wrapping up her right hand and started on her left.

She looked down when he said they gave the better gifts. They did. She wouldn't argue with that and she was jealous of it. Why did they et to have a baby? They probably weren't even planning for it...for her. That hurt even more. Not only did they get the thing she really wanted but they were also getting a girl. She felt like she was going to cry but she sucked it up and turned it back into anger. She could cry in the shower tonight.

She finished wrapping up her hands and walked over to Jake. She gave him a kiss on the lips because it was the only non-sweaty part of it. "Come on, you go first." She said and walked to the bag. She put her hands on either side of it and braced herself for the force it was about to get. Whatever moves Jake did, she would copy. That was how it usually worked out when they worked out together.

"He probably got his arguments from Instagram." He shrugged. "I'm over him. He would have never said half the shit he did without Luke and your other brothers there with him. He knows that, I know that." He shrugged again.

Jake gave her a kiss back. He had wished she'd come downstairs during the whole things because she was one of the few who could have calmed him down but he was proud of himself for how he handled it.

He got up and walked to the bag grabbing another set of gloves and putting them on. He gave it a combo of punches before moving to the side to let Adri punch him, for some twisted weird reason, he needed it at him instead of the bag, "Come on, hit me." He figured she'd feel better too.

“What?” She asked when he told her to hit him. She put her hands up and waited for him to put his hands up. She punched his hands but didn’t want to punch him hard. She knew she couldn’t really hurt him but she didn’t want to try.

“Jake I need to hit something that’s not you. I don’t want hurt you and every time I hit you I only see your face and I don’t want to hit your face.” She told him.

She hit his hand again and looked into his eyes. “Can we go run? Can we just do something else?” She didn’t know what she wanted to do. She wanted to hit something. She wanted to run. She wanted to scream and cry. She couldn’t pick one.

When she mentioned needing to punch something and not him, he grabbed the bag. "Alright. Have at it babe." He told her smacking the bag.

Then she mentioned running. Then she said anything else. That look in his eyes told him a lot. Jake walked over and turned the stereo up and locked the door. On the walk back to Adri, he tried to wipe off as much sweat as he could have.

He tossed the towel he had, and wrapped his arms around Adri and just hugged her. The music was up so she could yell, scream, cry, or whatever and no one but the two of them would know. He just held her tight.

When he came back and wrapped his arms around her she pushed out it at first. She didn’t think she needed that but when she put her arms around him again, she felt this rush of emotions and it all came out at once. It was a flood of tears and hurt and anger. She didn’t know a hug could so powerful. Even after she finished crying the helped her feel better. She had it pent up for so long because she didn’t want anyone to see. She didn’t want Jake to see but in that moment she didn’t care.

When it was all out and she felt better, she let him go. She gave him a kiss on the lips and hugged him again. “Thank you.” She said up at him so he could read her lips and took a step back. She wiped her eyes and face.

She shook out her arms and legs and put her hands up to punch his hands. “Let’s do it.” She said and they finished their workout. By the end of the workout she was dripping with sweat and felt so much better than she did this morning. “You want to go take a shower?” She asked. They could take one in the shower down here but they didn’t have clothes to change into or anything to change into and she wasn’t walking to their room in a towel.

As soon as she gave up the fight and started to cry, he closed his eyes. After a few minutes, he even used his hand and cupped her head and just let her get it all out. A few times, he even had tears in his eyes because it killed him to see her struggling so much. He wanted to fix it all and take her hurt away but he couldn't. One thing he could do was hold her and let her let it all out into his arms.

Jake looked at her and wiped her eyes when she pulled back and kissed her. "Anytime..." He said back and meant it. His lips kissed her head and lingered a moment before pulling back again.

Then she was able to fight it out. He pushed her as if he was a personal trainer, they focused on the workout and only the workout from then until it was over. "Good job." He told her after and turned the music down. "Yeah we can shower." He grabbed his water and sweat towel. "Who has Owen? He's probably up by now isn't he?" He headed upstairs with her.

“I gave the baby monitor to Luke. Amy was on the brink of a nap.” Adri answered and followed him up the stairs. She could feel it already. She was hurting, but at least it was just her body. She felt better for the most part. And hungry.

“Oh my god. I’m starving.” She took a quick detour for a banana and grabbed one for Jake so she didn’t have to share. Then they went up to their bedroom. She grabbed some clean clothes and put them in the bathroom. She took off her gym clothes and stood naked, eating her banana. She handed Jake his and if he didn’t want it she scarfed that one down too.

It was enough for now but she needed something more to eat. “You know what I would kill for?” She asked. “A burger and fries. An In-N-Out burger and fries animal style with a strawberry milkshake. Maybe even a double. It’s Christmas. Everywhere is closed. I was going to ask if you’re anted to go out to lunch.”

He gave a nod to Luke having the monitor. He knew there was enough people to be watching him but, he was his son so he did worry and question like any parent would have.

Jake chuckled, she sounded just like him starving. He grabbed a shaker cup and made a double protein shake with chocolate milk as she grabbed bananas. He made enough so they could in fact share. He took a few drinks as they went up to their bathroom to shower.

As Adri stood there eating her banana, he chuckled. "I love you." He gave her a kiss and ate her banana before handing her the shake to share. Jake grinned and shrugged. "I'd take you out. We have the grill. I can grill you a burger and we can make homemade fries." He suggested.

Jake put some music on his phone after a second, a specific song started, "I want you to listen to this. This...is how I feel right now." He said softly as, 'I Cry With You,' played. As it played and she listened, he started to strip and turn the shower on and getting it warmed up.

“I love you too.” She smiled and took a few sips of the protein shake. They weren’t her favorite since they did have a weird taste to her but she drank what he made her. “It’s not the same. We would eventually be called on to make enough for everyone and if we ruin everyone’s appetite for Christmas dinner mom will be upset.” She laughed.

She listened to his song and smiled at him. “You made me feel better.” She told him and got in the shower with him. “The hug. I didn’t want it. I didn’t want to be coddled but it worked for some reason. And everything came out and I do feel better. Not the best but better.” She said softly.

“Thank you. For being here. For trying to deal with my brother. For a beautiful son. Thank you.” She kissed him. “You have no idea how much it means to wake up next to you every morning. I love you.”

He shook his head. "She is probably already upset with what happened with Andrew and Stacy. But I don't care. I will not be disrespected in my own house or have my future wife be disrespected." He took a last drink before setting the cup on the side of the sink.

Jake climbed in with Adri. "I'm glad I could help. I knew you didn't want to be hugged. I didn't know if it would piss you off even more. But I had to try it." He told her and kissed her cheek.

"I don't expect you to feel amazing. I don't. But it hurts me seeing you in so much pain. It was hard when you got attacked and you has work through it and I couldn't do much. I feel that way again." He shrugged and took her face in his hands. "I want to take your hurt and sadness away. But I can't. I want to fix it. But I can't. Nothing will change it right now."

He smiled a little. "I can say every day I fall deeper in love with you. You are the strongest woman I know. You are amazing. Thank you. Thank you for being you. For teaching me how to be strong. That it's okay not to be sometimes." He kissed her head.

“I’ll talk to her after dinner.” She sighed. “I’m her favorite. She can’t be mad at me. And she knows my side.” She added. But that probably wouldn’t help. If Adri loved Christmas her mother was basically Santa Clause. This was her favorite holiday. She loved being surrounded by family and the bickering didn’t make it easy this year.

“We’ve never liked each other.” She told Jake about Drew. “I wasn’t even around andre much when I was little because he joined the military but we still had a connection. Drew and I are the closest in age and we always fought.” She explained. “It could be the stupidest thing and we would fight. We got in physical fights and everything. We were supposed to grow out of it but clearly that hasn’t happened.” She rolled her eyes.

She grabbed a sponge to wash her body off and started soaking up her chest. “I had three other brothers no didn’t need him. Or want him most days.” It was horrible to say but the truth. “I know why a real brother sister relationship is like and I don’t think he and I will ever have it. It might come to just cutting him off entirely.” She shrugged her shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom