Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake smiled as he opened the gift. He looked at her. "They would give me shit for this?" He asked a bit surprised. "At least I'm willing to learn. I think it's awesome. Then you guys can't talk in German around me anymore and I not know what you're saying." He kissed her cheek. "Thanks baby. I think it will be nice to teach Owen. Maybe with words we teach him in English you can teach both of us the word in German. Like ...truck."

Jake laughed, "But...you know you want to punch a certain someone...even now. Not drunk." He smiled and kissed her shoulder. "And I could and would not blame you. I may probably congratulate you." He gave her a look like 'oh well'.

Owen was having a blast in his truck. He needed more room. "I should warm up the garage or basement and let him have more room. I have a feeling this is all he is going to want to do."

Amy came in. "Hey...you guys okay?"

“A little.” She smiled. “It’s going to take a little while to learn and we can always speak quickly.” She teased. “But yes, I am letting you in on our little secrets.” She laughed, “The German word for truck is LKW. And a truck driver is LKW fahrer.”

She shrugged her shoulder. “I wish I could punch him. I settle for a bag for now. Let’s not ruin Christmas.” She rolled her eyes and sighed. “Basement might be best. The garage is drafty.”

When Amy walked in Adri smiled at her. “Yeah we are fine. Just watching him ride his truck.” She pointed back towards Owen who was riding in circles now. “What are they doing? Still gushing over her?” She asked.

Jake narrowed his eyes at her. "Really? You would still talk quick so I couldn't understand? Jerks." He chuckled. "How is a bunch of random letters a word for truck?!" He looked confused. "I thought the English made no sense sometimes. At least these words are words in English." He chuckled as he teased her a bit, but tried to say it a few times.

"Is that who you want to punch?" He asked shocked. "We won't ruin Christmas." He gave her a nod, "I thought about the basement too. You're so smart babe. I can go with the basement. That's fine. There is a lot less for him to break down there too."

"Pretty much." She said and rolled her eyes. "She annoys me. I can only take so much. I'm sorry. Luke and I can keep you two company while he rides."

She laughed, “Yes it’s ridiculous. You’ll get used to it.” She smiled. “I’ll just be happy when we can have conversations...oh I guess that won’t work. We should learn a language only we know. So we can talk in front my family without leaving. Spanish? I don’t think anyone else speaks Spanish. Let’s stick with German first but I think it’ll be fun.”

“Oh there’s two people I would love to punch right now but I’m not going to. I’m an adult and don’t settle my fights with punches. Unless they’re with you, then I’ll punch you all I want.” She smiled. “Because you can handle it and most importantly, you can block the punches.” She took a step back and hit his arms to test his reflexes.”

She nodded her head to Amy. “That would be nice. I’ll make sure there is nothing in the basement. And make a drink and meet you down there.” She said softly and went to the kitchen to get some hot chocolate started. She went down to the basement and moved some boxes out of the way and turned the lights on.

When she came back upstairs, she put her drink in a mug with a few shots of peppermint vodka. She also made some nonalcoholic drinks for Jake, Amy, Luke and Owen. They could easily be changed into more drinks for Adri if they didn’t want them. She gave Jake the thumbs up and took the tray of drinks to the basement.

Jake laughed. "We could just come up with our own language. Code words?" He suggested with a grin and wiggled his eyebrows. "Then they would just think we are talking crazy and then we are actually dirty talking." He wiggled his eyebrows again before kissing her softly.

He gave her a look. "Unless it's with me? What?" He chuckled but let her punch him. He flexed his arm and let her punch a few times before blocking. "Yep you're working that out later." He smiled and kissed her cheek. It was obvious she had some pent up anger. "You're boxing it out. We can work on some combos. I have the pads in the gym."

Jake stayed with Owen until they were good to go downstairs. He had to have Owen get out of the truck which resulted in a minor meltdown. "Buddy hey! Owen. Look at me." He made him look. "We are taking it downstairs so you can ride around. But we can't carry it with you in it. So go with Amy and watch Luke and I carry it down from the bottom." He pointed to Amy who held her hand out and he hesitated but did have a few tears by his eyes.

He went down with Amy and when he saw Adri he ran over, "Truck! Truck?" He pointed to the stairs. "Daddy truck!" He ran back over to the stairs. Luke and Jake carried the truck down and Amy made sure Owen was out of the way and he was excited and started yelling for his truck. He soon was back in and driving around the basement. "We had a meltdown mom." Jake told Adri.

“We could do that. That might be easier. Until I forget what a word means and use it improperly.” She laughed. Which would happen in her case. She nodded her head to being tonight. That would be nice. And might make her feel better. Unless she got drunk and stayed drunk until New Years.

Adri pouted at Owen when she heard he had a meltdown. “Oh no. Terrible twos are starting early. That’s no fun.” She rubbed his head and grabbed her drink off the tray. “Hot chocolate for all.” She smiled. “Enjoy.” She took a big sip of hers and made a face.

“I want a truck like that. You think they make one adult size?” She asked without really thinking about it. “That isn’t a real LKW?” She asked again clarifying. “I want a pink one.”

Jake rolled his eyes and laughed. "You would do that." He kissed her cheek. Jake knew she was struggling but then the news with Stacy made it worse. What if she couldn't give her parents a blood grandchild, it would crush her. Jake had to try to stay positive.

Owen got a drink before going back to his truck. He was loving his Christmas present. Jake just wondered when he'd be over it and want one of the other toys and how many they would be moving to the basement.

"You want a LKW like mine? But pink?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Our new house may need to have a huge garage."

Amy sat with Adri, "Is everything for the wedding planned and set?"

“No. I want an LKW like his but pink.” She smiled and pointed to Owen’s truck. That seemed like more fun. “I’d never have to pay gas. I’d just have to plug it in all the time.” She chuckled.

“Not everything. We have the venue and reception. Save the dates should be shipping mid January. Invitations ship out in March. We have the cake, flowers, menu and all that. Chipotle is going to set up a little section for later in the night. I just need to find a dress and dresses for you guys and mom and all that. My brothers are going to get the same tux as Jake and his boys, maybe a slight alteration so they don’t look the exact same. But everything is coming together. January and February are big months for wedding fashion shows and if it wasn't the cut off time for you to fly you would be coming with me and the moms to go look at wedding dresses. I’ll send you pictures though. It’ll be like you’re there.” She smiled.

She finally had a sister to do girly things with and she wouldn’t be there to do the most girly thing of all. “What about you and Luke? Are you guys ready for the baby? Nursery done yet?” She asked. Amy was about six and half months pregnant with an early April due date, so her time was coming faster than Adri expected.

"You'd get two blocks from home and that thing will die. You wouldn't get far babe. They do have cars for adults that plug in." He told her with an adoring smile. "You'd rock a Tesla." He gave her a nod to make it more convincing but she actually would. "Those are the ones that drive you too."

Amy pouted. "I am sad I'm going to miss it but I understand. You can facetime. It would be safer then sending pics. I'm just glad I can get fitted after this guy is out." She giggled.

"I am making my tux different than the guy's. But I have to wait on miss queen over here to give me the color of her dress. I have the ideas but just have to put it together." Jake explained. "It could be the last thing we put together to be fair and it wouldn't matter cause it wouldn't take long at all for the tuxes."

Amy gave a nod before shaking her head no. "No. I've been stressed. Come help. It's painted. We have everything. But I need a creative touch to put it together. Oh..." She stopped. "Or would that be too much and too hard? If it would, it's okay. I'll figure it out."

“Tesla’s are nice. But if I got one I would need it to be custom colored like a light pink with rose gold accents.” She smiled. “And it would have to be the one with the doors that go up.” She smiled really big at that. “You win your next fight and you can get me one of those.” She teased.

Adri frowned at Jake. “What if my gown is pink!” She asked him. “Are you going to get a pink tux? I don’t think pink is your color, if I’m honest.”

She reached out for Amy’s hand and kissed the back of it. “I’ll help. I love that little guy. And I can’t wait to hold him and smell him and kiss him. I’ll be around and I’ll change diaper, even the nasty ones. We will watch him when you guys need a break and give Owen to you when you think you want another but you’re not sure.” She laughed. “It’ll be tough. I won’t lie, but we will be there. I will be there.” She said softly.

“Besides I need a flower girl and I will 100% put your child in a dress so he can be my flower girl.” She joked. “I don’t care what Jake and Luke say.”

Jake smiled and shook his head. "What would buy me when you get the next big job?" He asked. The idea of getting her a Tesla though made him happy. Now he had something to work for besides the title of defending champion.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "You are such a smart a...." He shook his head. "No it isn't pink but then I know not to go with a red vest. But white on white would work. Or black shirt and white vest and tie." He stuck his tongue out at her. "So there."

Amy squeezed her hand. "Thanks. I don't have a sister either so I need a bit of a famine touch in his nursery. Luke wanted a sports theme. I turned him down. We settled on a mountain, moon and stars." She explained. Jake gave Adri a smile. That woman made him fall harder every day. She was stronger than he was.

Amy giggled. "That would be a sight. Not my son in a dress but those guys seeing him." She gasped. "What if Owen pulled the baby in a wagon. The baby and the dogs, minus Max."

“When my company gets its first million dollars I will buy you anything you want.” She told him. “Victoria’s Secret isn’t doing print ads anymore and I’m not out of a job, I’m still an Angel but there isn’t as big a need for us. So I need to take the next step and full invest my time in growing my brand.” She told him. “And when I’m a billionaire, I’ll buy you an island.”

She stuck her tongue back out at him and laughed it off.

“Aw that’s sweet. You can do grey walls and a navy blue accent wall with mountains and and a big full moon. Put his name up written in stars. And then you can put the crib under that. Brown wood, maybe something that can grow with him. There is a lot we can do with that. I like it. I can’t wait. I need to be in the room, so I can fully visualize the plan and see what you have already.”

Adri chuckled, “They wouldn’t recognize him. It would be great. They would never let it go though.” She said softly. “Should we try it? We might have too. Or we can put him in a dress.” She said and looked at Owen. “I can start growing his hair out.” She watched Owen and smiled. “He doesn’t like wearing pants so he might like a dress. I’ll try it out when we get home.”

Adri liked the idea of Owen pulling the baby, “Getting him to pull, might be the hard part. We have practiced getting him to walk in a straight line in the backyard and he gets distracted. So he might have to walk out with Jake. We will see.”

"Well get on it. I'm not getting any younger babe." He teased with a grin. "I'm not sure if I want an island or a mountain. Both have their benefits. We live where it's hot already. Touch choice." He smiled and chuckled a little.

He loved how playful they were. Owen was driving around and having a great time. Everyone was doing their own thing for a bit which was kind of low key and fun. Jake sat a bit away to let the girls talk. The guys discussed some UFC news. "You know...those two women on that sofa are the two strongest women I've ever met. I get in that cage with dudes all the time that think they are strong but aren't anything compared to them. I know I'm not." He took a drink of his hot chocolate. "I wish Adri would use that strength and share our story, her story. It would help so many people, I know it would. It's just harder with us because the media gets to it, turns it around. Or they bring it up at interviews...it's just a lot...I get she isn't ready yet."

"Jake will kill us. You know he will if you put his son in a dress." She giggled. "He would look cute with long hair though." Amy told her.

Adri understood that he was still a bit young yet. "We will just have to work at it with him. Or maybe John could pull the wagon and hold Owen's hand. That would be cute. All the Daniels boys together." She smiled.

“Jake will get over it.” She smiled. “And he’s very open to letting our son do whatever he wants. So if I just happen to get him a Princess and the Frog dress, and Owen just happens to fall in love and wear it, Jake wouldn’t be too upset. Owen will just be embracing his feminist side.” Adri planned it all out happily.

Owen rode around, mastering a circle with ease since he could only go in circles for now. Once they got home and put him in the backyard he would have more space to go in straight lines, they would have to be careful about the dogs though.

“That would be cute. I like that.” Adri agreed.

It was peaceful and hinted at what kind of laid back Christmas they all would have had if they stayed home. Adri’s phone started buzzing with mentions and she couldn’t ignore it anymore so she picked it up and looked at it.

”Andrew announces Her pregnancy and tagged everyone but me and now the tabloid world is running with it because of course they are.” She smiled bitterly. “But it’s Christmas and I’m going to ignore it.”

She turned on Snapchat and took a video of Jake with the big eyes and big lips filter. She showed Amy and they giggled to each other. Then she made Jake a girl and he oddly did look a little like Amy, but not as pretty. When Adri made herself a boy, she looked like Andrew and she vowed to never use that filter again. She finished her hot chocolate with a smile and felt very good after that. She sat in Jake’s lap and listened to them talk sports.

“You should do a Calvin Klein ad.” She told him suddenly. “You would look good in them. Do your female audience a favor.”

Amy smiled and giggled a bit. "I think it's cute that Jake is so laid back about it. But that just shows how accepting of a parent he is. He loves his son regardless of how he dresses or who he is or who he wants to be. Too bad more kids don't have parents like that." She smiled and shrugged. "Maybe God has a bigger plan for you two than you both realize." She said softly.

"At least we have some ideas if Owen wants to do his own thing that day. Who knows his mood. But then again if you have Max walk down the aisle, Owen is following." Amy explained. But it was true. Owen and Max were two peas in a pod. Speaking of Max, the dog was sitting and watching Owen with his tail wagging like another proud parent. Every now and then, he would get up and follow Owen and steal a few licks on his face when he was stopped. "Can Max sit in that thing with him?"

Jake wrapped his arms around her and snuggled in with her. He rubbed her leg. "What are the media outlets saying about Andrew's announcement?" He asked softly, kissing her shoulder. "I mean...you don't like the girl. She sold photos of you. Why would you like her?" He asked softly.

He laughed, "Calvin Klein huh? For my female fans? Or just my fiance?" He chuckled and gave her a kiss. "You know it's not about what I want to do but what these companies want and who they want to hire. I do have somewhat of a job...kinda, that I need to talk to you about."

“He might exceed the weight limit. Or just tip the whole thing over to one side when Owen turned. Not a good idea. The girls can probably get in there with him.” She offered and looked at BamBam and Rocky. They were curled up in their bed and didn’t seem like they wanted to move.

“No I don’t. But I don’t need them adding fuel to the fire. I don’t need everyone in the world know everything about me or my family.that was one of them.” She rolled her eyes and poked Jake’s cheek.

“Your fiancé is your biggest female fan. Is your biggest fan, period.” She reminded him. “Is it PlayGirl magazine? I approve.” She teased. She poked his dimple again, “What is the job? Should we go upstairs and talk about it? Leave the monster to his LKW?”

"It would be adorable if Owen and Max rode around. Maybe we can get something to drive around Max." She giggled. "For his birthday!" She clapped in excitement.

He smiled at her and gave a nod. "I know. But they will dig shit up. The media always does." He rubbed her leg. "I don't really care at this point." He growled at her when she poked his cheek.

Jake gave Adri a kiss. He knew she was his biggest fan and supporter. Since they started dating, she had been. She didn't put up with his stubbornness and shitty attitude. Instead she made him want to be better, be the best at everything. She also knew he could be the best at everything. "It's not a modeling gig. Nah we don't have to go upstairs. You know that trip from here back home we were going to take and record all the places that were big in me getting where I am now?" He asked. "Well I was talking about it with Nick. Someone who works on his show is an independant film producer, he wants to turn it into a documentary. We film it. The plan is the same. We use our phones or a small camera. Do our own thing and then they edit it, with our help so it's what we want and then they produce it. They will show it at a few film festivals. They thing maybe ESPN or HBO would pick it up."

“You can growl all you want. I like poking your dimples.” She told him and did it twice more.

“That sounds fun. Do you want to start tomorrow? You can take me to all your usual spots and I can ask you questions and record you. You can tell me stories. It will be fun. Then we can drive back. As long as we are home by December 30, so we can pack and get ready for LA. I mean, you could probably turn it in when we are in LA for New Years.” She smiled.

“I think it would be good. And I love watching those types of documentaries on HBO. So I’m all for you doing something like that. Are you sure you want me to record it or do you want to hire a team to come and film? Maybe Nick’s guy can come out. He will have a better idea of what to ask and what to film.”

He tried to bite her fingers as she poked him. "You like poking everying." He chuckled.

Jake thought about it. "Tomorrow? You want to get started that quickly?" He asked her, but it did sound a bit fun. "I think it would be fun, if you're up for it tomorrow, sure. Let's go. Maybe tonight I can try to write a list of everywhere I want to go and the people we should talk to. I feel we should have planned a bit sooner. Whoops." He shrugged.

"I'm not sure if they could come out this quick. I'll text Nick and see, even if it's a day or two before we get someone we could use our phones. I think it would be fun to have maybe both qualities and angles maybe. You can record some and then another guy can record some too." He explained.

"Here we need to start at my old home, the school, the gym I got started at." He explained.

“We might as well. We are only here for a couple more days. Unless you don’t want to drive back to Vegas and we can just fly out to LA from here. That would give you more time to film.” She said.

“I want my name in the credits.” She told him. “That’s my payment.”

She wrote down the places he wanted to film for him and sent him a text with the places so he could put it in a note and add to it later.

“How are we going to get that monster off that thing for a nap?” She asked. She didn’t see it going well, since he was on the verge of a fit when they brought the truck downstairs. “That might be Daddy’s job.” She kissed him cheek. “I think we could all use a nap, right?”

"We can always start now. We don't have to film the entire thing. I don't want to rush it." He explained. "But it's a good start though. I feel my childhood deserves a bit more time than we can move through some other areas faster." He explained. "Plus it's not a straight shot from here to Vegas in my story."

He chuckled. "Sure. Mrs. Drifter." He chuckled and kissed her softly. "Thanks babe." He told her about helping and also giving him his list.

Jake gave her a look. "Really?! You want me to piss him off? Why don't you do it." He teased. "It's going to run out of juice. I suggest we pull him away now. Maybe we tell him it has to take a nap like we do. Then we can all take a nap." He told her.

"O...hey buddy. Your truck is getting tired. We need to plug it in so it can rest." He told him.

She laughed and nodded her head, “Yeah. This one is all you. I’ll do it next time.” She promised and moved out of his lap. She raised her eyebrows at his tactic and watched him try it out.

Owen looked at Jake when he said his name but didn’t stop driving around and laughing. He honked his horn and stopped because that was a new thing he could do. He played with that and then he drove around some more.

“I don’t see this ending well.” She rubbed Jake’s leg and looked at him. She saw it as a fit either way. He was t skipping nap time because he would be a beast later and they would pay for it then.

“Do you want to go watch Paw Patrol?” Adri asked him. “You can’t take the truck but you can take Max.” She told him.

Owen shook his head and laughed like she was crazy. "No..." He kept driving around. Jake got up. "Get him some milk warmed up so when we get upstairs we can give it to him cause I doubt he will go willingly."

Once she had it ready, he walked to the door. "Come on Max." Max got up but hesitated cause Owen was still there. Then he followed Adri up to the main level. "Come on Owen. Max already left." He walked over to pick him up and plug the truck in.

Owen began to scream and cry. "I know. I know. I'm sorry. We have to let it rest. And we can go watch Paw Patrol!" He tried making it sound amazing as he headed upstairs to their room. The parents or well grandparents, 'awed', as they walked by. They thought he was cute despite his meltdown. They all had been there with a kid before. With Jake it was a toy dinosaur that he slept with for weeks to the point it stopped roaring and he was crushed.

They got up to Adri and Jake's room and he put Owen in the play pen to cry it out.

Adri did as requested and warmed up a little milk. Enough to get him to sleep when he eventually laid down. She stood in the doorway when she was ready and nodded her head to Jake.

When Jake went upstairs with Owen, Adri grabbed the bottle off the kitchen counter and made sure it wasn’t too hot. She heard Stacey make a remark about Owen’s melt down and not wanting her kid to act like that. Her temper flared and she couldn’t control it.

“Well my kid won’t be a stripper so that’s the best blessing could ask for. Beyond that he’s one almost two and doesn’t understand why we took him off his truck to take a nap. So you can shove your snide comments up your ass and keep your mouth shut about my son.” She turned and went upstairs, slamming the bedroom door which made Owen scream more.

“I’m sorry baby.” She picked him up and rubbed his back. She paced with him and that calmed him down a little but he still had tears rolled down his chubby cheeks.

“I don’t like her.” She told Jake. “I don’t like her and I don’t see why he’s marrying her.” She added. “Or having a baby with her. God and it had to be a girl. I could punch her stupid face. I could pop her implants.” She huffed and kissed Owen’s cheek.

“I don’t like her. I never will.” She declared.

Jake could hear Adri tell Stacy off. He let out a sigh, but the girl had it coming. She was lucky that was all she said. But then Owen got more upset and he felt bad for the kid, he was tired and emotional. As well as probably Adri but he'd never say that to her.

"I know you do. I know...." He just kept saying to her. He knew they'd never be best friends and he'd never ask her to either. "Don't punch her. It will just make things worse babe." He told her. "I know it sucks." Jake sat on the bed and watch her try to calm Owen down.

"Would talking it out do anything?" Jake asked. "Or just make it worse? I don't want a brawl or screaming match, but if it helps, let's do it." He offered. "Or, I can go get the gloves and let you duke it out."

Back
Top Bottom