Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I love you more.” She whispered back to him.

She sat on the bed and set Owen on the floor to walk around. “Am I ever?” She asked and shrugged her shoulder. “I feel better now that someone other than my mother knows. Now I can stop calling her crying. I was starting to feel bad.”

She held her hands out to him and wrapped her arms around his waist and put her forehead against his stomach. “I wish they took Owen. I could use some alone time.” She said and then looked up at him. “I’ll take a kiss instead.”

He shook his head 'no.' There is no way that she loved him more but that was an argument for another time.

Jake shook his head. "I know. But if you can't cry to me or your mom...who can you cry to?" He asked her softly.

He walked over and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "Well we have to get downstairs. Your mom said they were waiting for us to eat. We can come back up after and O will be in bed before it's too late. I love you so much. You did great baby." He kissed her head again as he rubbed her back. Owen ran to the bed and touch the edge and smiled an ornery smile at Adri. He had no idea why his mom was sad but was all smiles.

"Let's go down. You need food on your stomach." He told her softly.

“Owen.” She smiled. She could always cry to him but he wouldn’t know what to do. And she would never cry in front of him of all people. “It would be nice if I didn’t cry at all.” She added. She was tired of being emotionally fragile. She wanted to go back to normal, what ever that was.

She nodded her head and kissed him back. “Okay.” She said softly. She picked up Owen and kissed his cheeks to get him to laugh. “I love you Baby Boo.” She told him and kissed him some more. “Are you hungry?” She asked and stood up from the bed.

She carried Owen until he demanded to get down. She set him down but when they did the stairs he had to hold her hand and go slowly. She let him jump off the last step though.

They joined everyone at the dinner table. They were all talking and waiting and when the trip appeared they all clapped and Owen clapped because he thought he was being applauded.

"I know. But it happens." Jake said softly and just held her a bit. "It will get better. It's still fresh." He told her softly.

Owen smiled at Adri, "Ove ooo." Jake looked at Adri then Owen. "Did you hear that?!"

Everyone started eating and Maria looked at Adri to make sure she was okay. She was a mom and could figure out what they were talking about. Jake sat with his hand on her leg as they all ate dinner. The guys were all talking about what games they wanted to play later or if they wanted to watch a movie. It just was like everyone was happy. Jake also glanced at Adri. She went through a lot but still put her entire family before herself and he loved her so much for that.

Stacey looked over at Adri, "So where did you take the boys earlier?"

She smiled at Jake when Owen tried to say love you.

Adri sat at the table watched everyone eat. She put a little on her plate but she wasn’t very hungry. She focused on making sure Owen ate.

“We went to the store so we could discuss something privately.” She told Stacey. “If Drew wants to tell you, I’m sure he will in the privacy of your bedroom.”

Stacey nodded her head, “Is it the weed then?” She asked and all eyes went to Drew.

“The weed.” Adri answered. “We got edibles for a little sibling bonding.”

“Is that smart in front of him?” Stacey asked pointing her fork at Owen.

Adri bit her tongue and looked at Jake. Why did she come? “My son has seven people I love and trust to check on him while he sleeps. His father won’t be joining us. Like I said, sibling bonding.” She made sure Owen kept eating and bit her tongue.

Last edited:
Jake looked at Adri and Stacy as Adri answered Stacey's question. But then when she brought up the weed he almost choked on his food. He coughed and took a drink of water.

"First of all I didn't get any nor will I partake so it's fine." Jake said still clearing his throat a bit.

Amy turned to Stacey, "I have a question for you....Did you see or read about Adri punching Bisping? A UFC fighter?"

Adri looked at Jake when he coughed and looked at her parents. None of the siblings got drug tested and it was legal in Colorado so they were fine. Their mom gave Adri a dirty look but they were all adults now so there was no lecture to be had.

“What’s sibling bonding without parental supervision?” Their father asked with a smile. “I’m sure you all got enough to share. I used to do this too when I was younger. I’m a cool dad. You want to join?” He asked Jake’s dad.

Adri laughed. She didn’t mind, she thought it would be funny.

She looked at Amy and then at Stacey. Stacey shook her head, “No I didn’t see that. I don’t keep up with what she does.”

“But you keep up with Nick. And put a comment on all of his pictures. What exactly are you trying to achieve there?” Adri asked.

“I’m a fan. I didn’t realize that’s a problem. I like his music.” Stacey defended and Adri rolled her eyes.

“Then you should stick to the comments and stay out of his DMs. He’s my best friend. You really didn’t think I would find out?”

Stacey rolled her eyes, “Whatever.”

Jake shook his head and looked at Amy, "Well at least I can hang out with you." He smiled. "You and I won't be partaking." Luke waved, "Me either." It honestly didn't bother him if anyone else did though. He didn't want to deal with any repercussions because someone figured out he did have some and say that is how he won any of his fights. He did think it would help with pain after fights though but, rules were rules.

Amy looked at Stacey, "Oh really? You don't keep up with what she does? That's why you were worried where she went with her brothers and fiance?" She raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you should look up her punch to Bisping. If she can punch a UFC fighter like that what do you think she could do to you?" She smiled and took a bite of food with a giggle and shrug trying to come across a bit confusing so no one knew if she was serious or kidding.

Jake glanced at Amy. Amy was worked up because of the hormones and she was in protective mode of Adri after the news they got.

“I’m allowed to ask where my fiancé went.” Stacey argued with Amy. She wasn’t talking to her in the first place. She raised an eyebrow when it sounded like Amy threatened her.

Both moms stepped in with the offering of more food and they all awkwardly went back to eating. Adri tapped Amy’s thigh and winked at her.

“I forgot my drink upstairs.” Adri said and got up. “Does anyone need anything?” She asked the table and grabbed napkins as requested. She ran upstairs to get the moonshine and came right back down.

“The game plan for Christmas Eve is as follows, everyone will get time in the kitchen with most of the time being devoted to parents in the evening. There is a lot to do during the day. We can build snowman, or the gingerbread houses. That night we open up one present each and then drink and be merry. I was hoping for a photo of everyone in their Christmas pajamas. We can watch a Christmas movie to the end the day and we have to help Owen prepare for Santa.” She smiled.

He wouldn’t understand but she wanted him to be there when they put out carrots and cookies and milk. “The house is going to smell so good tomorrow. Baking marathon. It’s going to be amazing!” She smiled.

"Wait...you're engaged?" She asked a bit shocked and shrugged. Amy smiled at Adri and gave her a small nod. She would stand up for her all day.

When Adri went upstairs, Jake looked at her, "Baby will you please grab mine too? Thank you." He smiled at her.

Jake looked at Owen. "Are you going to decorate cookies for Santa?" He asked and Owen just smiled. "Yeah right. You'll just eat his cookies. I know you child." He kissed his head.

"I want time alone with you Christmas Eve." He whispered to Adri. "To do some Christmas stuff just us." He told her and rubbed her leg as he ate. "What all are we baking?"

Stacey raised her eyebrows and looked at Drew.

Adri grabbed their drinks and brought them downstairs. “You’ll help decorate. Right Baby Boo?” She asked Owen and ticked the back of his neck. “It’s the one time he can have sweets. I’m sure he’ll love helping and eating.” She smiled.

She laughed at kissed Jake, “Yes. I will grant your Christmas Eve wish.” She told him.

Maria took over to answer Jake’s question, “We start with cookies and brownies and then I start making dessert for Christmas.” She told him with a smile. Cooking and baking were her thing.

Drew cleared his throat, “Since everyone is here and the cat is out of the bag. Stacey and I have some news.” He said. “We were eating for Christmas but we still have a present for Christmas to share. Stacey and I are engaged and will be getting married on New Year’s Day.” He said proudly.

Jake took a drink of his moonshine and sat it back down. It was good but had a kick too it, he liked that kick though.

He smiled and looked in her eyes a moment. "My Christmas Eve wish huh? Do I get a Christmas Wish?" He chuckled.

Eileen smiled, "I will be making fudge as well and buckeyes."

"Yes!" Amy was thrilled, "I want that fudge. I call dibs on the first bites." Jake chuckled, "No one will fight the pregnant lady for food."

Jake looked at Drew then Adri. "Where are you getting married?" He asked as he looked back at Drew. He knew they were trying to updo Adri and it was pissing him off.

“Of course you get a Christmas wish. But the quality of that wish depends on what I get for Christmas.” She teased.

“No one will take Amy’s fudge.” Adri laughed.

Aidan raised his eyebrows, “I wouldn’t be so cute about that. I can throw down on some fudge. Pregnant or not.” He winked to show he was joking but she would have to share.

“Our parents know the location. Our mothers will be our witnesses and they are all we really want in attendance. Our parents.” He smiled at Stacey.

Stacey hopped up and went to go get the ring so she could finally show it off like she had been dying too. “I can’t believe I let it slip this early. We have been so good about it.” She giggled. “Isn’t it gorgeous? 3 carats.” She smiled brightly. “Exactly what I wanted.” It was a massive diamond and a silver band. It was a beautiful ring, Adri just didn’t like the finger it was on.

She fed Owen while her brother’s and Eileen said how nice it was. Adri stayed quiet.

“Not even a nice thing to say even now?” Drew asked her.

“We aren’t doing this two days before Christmas.” She warned him.

He scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Whatever Adrianna.”

Maria raised her glass to change the subject, “Three down and two to go. To all of the happy couples.” She toasted.

Amy giggled and raised an eyebrow. "Alright, I'm not afraid to fight you either. Pregnant or not. It also depends who's fastest into the kitchen." She smiled. Luke just shook his head, "I'm staying away from that."

Jake looked at the ring and thought it was different that they only wanted their parents at the wedding. He had a lot he could comment on but kept his mouth shut. His hand did grip her leg to show her to cool off a bit.

He drank to the toast and congratulated them on their engagement. He thought it was a huge mistake but he still was civil and polite by congratulating them. It was a bit rude but he was a bit relieved he didn't have to go to the wedding and they could just have fun on New Years. "Well now we know you're parents can't watch O on New Years." He chuckled to Adri before kissing her shoulder.

Adri look at them or raise her cup in the toast that included them.

“Which is weird since they already agree to watch him?” Adri looked at her mom and dad.

“We spoke it over with Andrew and Stacey and they are fine with him being there. So yes, we can still watch Owen and you two can still go out and have your fun.” She said.

Adri made a face, “So Owen is allowed but his family isn’t?” She nodded her head. “That makes sense. That makes sense, right Jake?” She asked.

Andre shifted in his seat and gave Jake a warning looking. This could get ugly.

“It’s fine mom. We can find someone who isn’t busy to watch him.”

“Why are you like this Adrianna? What can’t you just be happy?” Drew asked.

“I would be happy if you were marrying anyone but her. I would say she’s after your money but you don’t have any. She is after fame though. How many places did you shop out a reality show too? How long did it take you to find a photo for that picture?” She asked Stacey. “Once she gets her claws into whoever, she’s out and you’re last nights news.” Adri argued.

“I wouldn’t do that to your brother and I didn’t leak that damn photo!” Stacey defended. “I love your brother and I’m a part of your family now. So either suck it up and get over it or don’t bother us anymore.”

Adri nodded, “Agreed. I’m not going to get over it but you can see this as your last invitation to anything Jake and I host. You’re welcome to stay until Christmas but the day after I want you out. Both of you.”

“Adrianna that’s your brother, you’re talking too. Think about what you are saying.” Maria spoke up.

“I have three others. I love Andrew. But I’m not going to be around him and his fiancé and have to constantly have my guard up. So no, I don’t want him around. That’s final.” With that Adri got up and left the dinner table with her drink in hand. She would have taken Owen as well but he was eating.

When she asked him that it was weird that Owen could be at the wedding but no one else he looked from Aiden to Adri. "Babe..." He said softly to see if she could let it go, but he had a feeling she wouldn't. And honestly, she couldn't blame her.

It was a little awkward for everyone at the dinner table. "Adge..." He said softly but then she was up and gone before he could say anything else. Now he felt bad that he brought up their fertility issues when that came up at the dinner table. He finished feeding Owen and dinner was a bit quiet and awkward. After dinner, Jake cleaned up Owen and let him down.

Jake found Drew, "Dude...your sister is just trying to look out for you. She doesn't think you're seeing everything clearly and she doesn't want you hurt...and I have to say," He was quiet, "That girl tries to piss her off every chance she can. She is trying to start problems. Why do you think that is?" He asked as Amy took Owen in the living room and put on some cartoons.

Drew sized up Jake when he came up to him, “My sister has always been a brat. She’s engaged and she thinks she the only one in the world that can be. So she’s upset. She’ll get over it. She hates Stacey for something’s Stacey, she didn’t do. And who cares if she did? It was out there the world knew it! Who the fuck cares about her face. She sells body remember?”

He made a face, “Adri never gave Stacey a chance. Since the day they met Adri was constantly at her throat. Don’t talk to me about what my sister is and isn’t like. I’ve known her longer. Once she’s done with this little hissy fit she’ll be fine. We aren’t changing the date to wait for you two to get married.” Drew told him.

“If she really cared then she would talk to me. But no she threw a fit at the table and fled. Like she always does. Maybe stop her from drinking, huh? What do you do to keep her calm? Say her name, that really worked.” Drew pushed passed him to go to the living room with everyone else.

He shook his head and just smiled. "First of you have no clue. Your sister isn't being a brat about you being engaged too. You didn't listen. She is upset with who it is. And yes we both think she leaked the pictures. Who else did? And who cares about her face? Clearly you have no clue about what it is like being in the media all the time about every little part of your life. That was a traumatizing time and you were and are being insensitive." He told him. "You seriously have no clue..." He shook his head.

"No one asked you to change the date...again you didn't listen." He shook his head.

He grabbed his arm. "You watch yourself in my fucking house." He said quietly. "Don't you dare question how I keep her calm. You brought it up at the damn dinner table. The table my son was at." Him acting like he couldn't control her pissed him off even more. "You have no clue why she was drinking so maybe you should keep your mouth shut and learn the facts before you open your mouth. You're lucky your parents are here..." He said softly. "I'm not going to ruin Christmas for anyone so stay away from me while you're here."

Drew pulled his arm back and got in Jake’s face. “No one is scared of you.” Since everyone was in the living room they could get away with exchanging some blows before they were pulled apart.

“And how did you two announce your engagement? At a dinner table. If she didn’t take out of proportion then none of this would have happened.” He continued to argue. “You’re more upset at the people across the table instead of alcoholic next to you. Worry about her.” He growled, still in Jake’s face.

“I don’t care if my parents are here. Do it.” He encouraged. He chuckled when Jake backed away. “My pleasure.” He said to staying away from Jake. “Keep Adrianna away me and Stacey and we will all get along marvelously.”

"I don't care if you're scared of me not. You know damn well I can fuck you up. Hit me and see what happens." He dared.

He chuckled. "You again have no clue. She's not an alcoholic and if she was then why aren't you helping your sister. If it was my sister I'd be stepping in myself instead of telling her fiance what to do..."

"I'm not the one to disrespect your family nor will I disrespect Adri and all she's put into this for you and the rest of your and my family. Because I, unlike you, care about her feelings." He chuckled. "I'm not telling her to do anything in her own house. Plus we are a partnership. I don't boss her around. I know that's hard for you to follow since Stacey wears the pants in your relationship."

Drew started to go for a punch but Luke grabbed him and pulled him back for either man could do anything that would really put an end to Christmas. “Why don’t you go sit with your fiancé.” He told Drew and drew shrugged her him off and went into the living room.

Luke looked at Jake and laughed, “I don’t even...” the image of Jake laying out Drew was a funny one but he couldn’t let Jake spiral down that route.

“Maria is upstairs talking to Adri. And her dad wanted to speak to him so I think that situation will be somewhat handled with out punches and black eyes.” He patted Jake’s shoulder. “Should we go to the gym for a bit? Might help Adri too if you want to grab her after.” He offered. It was a good time to get Jake training. He could always push him harder when he was angry.

Jake didn't flinch or move when Drew pulled his hand back. He actually wanted him to do it so he could lay him on his ass where he belonged to shut him up once and for all.

He shrugged and smiled when Luke laughed.

"Yeah I'm going to go check on her. Thanks man." Deep down he probably wouldn't have hit him back because he had learned a lot from his stupid younger years. Adri changed him a lot actually. "I'll meet you down there in a bit." He patted his shoulder before he headed upstairs.

Jake knocked on their bedroom door before peeking in. "Adge?"

Maria and Adri were sitting on the bed talking when Jake walked in. “Yeah?” She asked, still upset but she wasn’t crying. Just angry.

“Can we have some time Jacob?” Maria asked him politely.

Adri touched her arm, “What do you need Jake?” She asked and let him come in. “I’m fine. I’m just annoyed. Tell your parents and Amy and Luke I’m sorry.” She got up and gave him a hug. “I might for a walk later, you went to go?” She asked.

Jake felt bad for walking in, he could tell things were still heated.

"Sure..." He said to her mom but then looked at Adri.

He hugged her back. "Just checking on you baby. I'll tell them. Luke and I are going to go work out. I just want to grab some clothes. Why don't you join me when you're done?" He asked her and gave her cheek a kiss."

Jake grabbed clothes from the drawer. "Love you Adge." He headed back out. "And I'll go anywhere with you."

“I love you too. Have a good work out.” She smiled at him and watched him leave.

They spoke for a little while longer and then Maria went downstairs with everyone else and watched a movie. Adri went downstairs to get Owen so she could give him a bath and changed him into his pajamas. Having one on one time with him. Helped calm her down a bit more.

She took him back down and let him play and watch the movie. She drank more of her moonshine than she intended too and she was feeling really good.

“I’m going for a walk. Will you watch him?” She asked her mom. “It won’t be long. I’ll take Max.” She grabbed the leach but Max wasn’t having it so she left him at home and walked down to a park that wasn’t too far away. She sat on a swing and checked her emails to see what was waiting for her.

Back
Top Bottom