Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I've told your sister many times, do not start a war of any kind with me because I will win." He grinned and gave Adri a wink and nod. "And if you do call mom that do not dare to drop my name in there either." He told them all.

"Oh okay. I got you." He gave a nod. "That's fine. You know he will be down by nine at the latest right?" He asked. "But watch tonight will be the one night he stays up later." He chuckled.

He gave her a look when she added a jar with his. "Anything else?" He asked as he teased her a bit and got the snacks and moonshine. He paid and they were soon back on their way to the cabin.

"After the holidays I'm assuming I'll get a fight so how about after that?" He asked her with a smile. "I think it would be fun to start here and work our way back though. I think I need my car though to do it. We definitely need to work out some details." Jake wasn't going into too much detail because he didn't know if a specific one of her brothers would release it to the media.

“We can wait. And we can play board games or something while we eat and drink. And be merry!” She laughed at her corny Christmas joke and smiled at him.

She looked at all the snacks he got and grabbed a bag of gummy bears to add to it. “All done.” She kissed his cheek and squeezed his butt in thanks.

“That’s rough. I wish you could enjoy eating all the food our family will make.” She rubbed his belly. “I’ll enjoy it for the both of us.” She promised. “We can figure it out the day after Christmas or something. Sooner if you want the car. I’m sure Casey can drive it down and we will fly him back.” She shrugged her shoulder.

When they got home, the goodies were left in the garage, except for the moonshine and they all went inside. Owen came running around the corner and grabbed on to Jake’s leg. Adri rubbed his head and said hello to the dogs. Then she sat with Amy, moved Luke’s hand and put her hand on her belly. “Maybe there are two.” Adri smiled. “One of each?”

Amy laughed and shook her head, “Just him. You’ll have your girl soon enough.” She promised.

“Not too sure about that.” Adri said softly and kept rubbing Amy’s belly.

He rolled his eyes at her joke but smiled.

Jake gave her a look when she grabbed his butt. "They have security cameras. You're going to be on TMZ now. For grabbing my ass." He shook his head and chuckled. Jake really didn't care, he was picking on her.

"Who said I'm not eating? I'm eating. I may just be in the basement after working it off. Luke may be making me which I didn't eat it, but I'm eating it." He glanced at her. "Adriana! I'm not pregnant." He shook his head. "We can drive it down but not really start filming till we get here." He told her.

Jake carried the bag in and when Owen grabbed his leg, one of her brothers offered to grab the bag so he could get Owen. Jake thanked him before grabbing Owen. "O! Hi buddy. Did you have a good nap?" He gabbed him a hug.

Amy looked at Adri confused. "Why do you say that?" She asked softly.

She gasped, “For grabbing my fiancé’s ass?! How dare I touch something that is about to be legally mine.” She laughed and just because he said that she spanked him.

“I didn’t think you would eat as much as you really want because you have to stay in shape. For the fight. And for me.” She teased.

“Hmm?” Adri asked like she didn’t say anything and then Bam jumped on the couch with Rocky not far behind. “Hi ladies.” Adri got on the floor and held and played with them for a bit.

“Who’s making dinner tonight?” Adri asked.

"I'm more worried about your brothers seeing." He chuckled and the made a shocked face when she spanked him. "It's yours practically already."

He chuckled. "For you too huh? No you're right, I won't eat as much but I'm not passing on your mother's good cooking as well as my girl's either." He gave her a quick kiss.

Jake glanced over at Adri and he shook his head a bit. He made Owen laugh and put him down on the ground and whispered something in his ear. He smiled and gave an ornery look at Adri before running over to her and hugging her tight.

"The moms." Eileen said with a smile before heading to the kitchen with Maria. It was a nice bonding experience for the two of them.

Jake looked at Adri. "Baby? Can you help me upstairs a second?"

“Good answer Boo.” She smiled and kissed him back.

Adri hugged Owen tight when he ran over to her. “Oh my handsome boy.” She attacked him with kisses and then set him back on the floor. He went to get a ball and threw it at Adri to get her to throw it back to him. She passed it to Amy so she could take over playing and got up to help Jake.

“What’s up Boo?” She asked when they got upstairs. She used his butt like a bongo and smiled at him. “Need help changing? I wouldn’t mind helping you do that...” She smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist while they walked.

Jake smiled and wrapped his arm around her. "That sounds very, very tempting." He told her and kissed her softly. "I may change cause you know me, I'll get hot with the fire and sweat my butt off."

He got into their room and shut the door behind them. "I wanted to talk to you. I've seen you with Amy and I've the looks from your mom..." He said softly. "Baby...I love you so damn much it hurts. We've been through hell and back again and I will protect you and keep you from whatever pain I can for the rest of my life. But...I feel like this is our family here... I feel we should them. Maybe Amy at least and Luke. I get keeping it from people who may leak it but you know Aim won't say a thing..." He told her softly.

Jake didn't want to come off too strong and was trying to be sensitive about it all. He knew it was hard and she didn't want to ruin Christmas for anyone and he didn't want to ruin it for her either. "I still think this is possible but maybe they will stop with comments to constantly remind us it may be harder to accomplish..."

“I don’t know how you do it, but yes. You will some how get burning hot when it’s freezing cold outside and start sweating.” She laughed. “Ooh you can wear those grey Under Armor sweats!” She smiled. She loved those.

She looked at the floor and sat on the bed. “Boo...” She licked her lips and patted for him to sit down. “I know it’s family downstairs. I want to tell them but...what if they look at me differently?” She asked softly. “It’s not like Amy and Luke were trying, they just made it happen. We weren’t even trying to make it happen and we found out I can’t.” She shrugged her shoulder. He would think it was stupid but she was really afraid that they would look at her differently for not being able to do what every woman could do.

She bit her lip and laid back on the bed. “I can’t tell them. Not right now. Amy’s glowing and happy. I don’t want to make her feel weird.” She looked at him and rubbed his arm. “Are you going to tell Luke? I don’t want you pent up with stress about it. Do you want to tell Luke?” She asked since that was a better way to phrase. If he really wanted to tell Luke, they could call them up and they could talk about it. It wasn’t going to be easy but she would do it for Jake.

"I could put those on. Should I wait till after we eat though?" He asked curiously.

He sat down and grabbed her hand. "I know we weren't trying and we found out we can't but we did go to find out for sure if we can." He explained to her. "I mean we went for that very reason right?" He caressed her hand. "Adri they will probably look at you differently. I look at you differently. I look at you with more respect and pride than I ever have because I know dealing with this hasn't been easy and it shows me and everyone else how strong and resilient you are." He smiled a little. "I've never experienced you to be told by someone you can't do something and you listened. Instead you were like...hey I can do this...now fucking watch me." He smiled proudly.

He watched her and shook his head. "I don't think you give our family enough credit. They won't be weird." He sighed and shook his head. "No. I'm not putting him in a position he has to keep anything from my sister or tell her. I think if you let someone besides me and your mother know you can use our families to lean on to help you..." He said softly. "But I love you. I have your back. I'll wait as long as you feel you need to."

“That’s up to you. I wouldn’t mind seeing you in them now though.” She smiled.

She laughed and looked at the floor again. “This feels different babe. I would love to show them that I can do it without help but...” She shook her head. “I don’t think it’ll work. At least I can get this thing out of my body. No more hormonal birth control.” She said and poked her stomach.

“That’s not fair to you Boo. You need someone you can talk too and vent too.” He told him. She pulled him down so he could lay next to her. “I'll text them to come up and we can tell Amy and Luke together. You need someone you can talk too. And Amy is going to ask if I don’t tell her soon. So let’s tell them. We can sit on the balcony and say it.” She and hoped it would be that easy.

He rolled his eyes. "You just want to see me in sweats."

"Adri, it's okay to need help. That's why I'm here. To walk through life with you. Otherwise we'd do everything through life alone. I think it would be good for both of us to have people we can turn to. We are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. If you only want me to help you through this, then that's what will be. I understand we don't have to let everyone in but eventually we will have to tell them." He said softly and poked her stomach where she did. "Oh so it's been the birth control who has made you hormonal?" He teased with a smile and kissed her head.

Jake grabbed her hand and looked at her. "Okay. But only if you want to. We can wait if you want. I really don't want you to feel pressured. Do you want them to bring the moonshine too?" He asked with a smile.

“I like seeing you in sweats! Sue me.” She laughed.

“Don’t be a butt.” She said when he poked her stomach. She turned to face him and kissed his cheek. “I love you. You are definitely the stronger out of the two of use. Physically, for sure. But mentally and emotionally, right now.” She gave him a hug and put her head on his chest.

“Please bring the moonshine. That’ll help. I want to tell them.” She said and nodded her head. “You’re right. It will help if someone else knows. Someone, that isn’t my mom, that I can talk too.” She smiled.

It was nice she found him so attractive. It definitely boosted his ego.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "I won't always be the the strongest one. Well physically yes but the other...we will take turns." He rested his cheek on her head. Truth was she didn't really let him see her be a mess either but if telling Luke and Amy helped her then it was worth it.

"I bet Amy will let you borrow our nephew anytime you need a baby fix. Or if it's hard for a bit, I'm sure she will understand that too." He rubbed her back.

Jake texted Luke for them to both come up...with the moonshine. Luke was confused but grabbed the moonshine before going upstairs and knocking on their bedroom door.

She nodded her head, “I was afraid it would be hard to see him at first.” She said about their nephew. “I’m jealous of her and I don’t want to be. I hate that I am.” She said.

When Luke knocked on the door, Adri’s heart started to race and her stomach turned. She got up to get the door and let them in. They left Owen with their fathers so the adults could be alone.

They did have seating in the bedroom which was nice or they could sit on the balcony. Adri didn’t end the to be cold so she pointed to the chairs and table.

She grabbed the yellow moonshine and sipped on it and smiled. “Wow. That’s good.” She smiled. She tasted Luke’s and Jake’s as well but hers was the best.

She sat next to Jake and rubbed his thigh. “So we have to tell you something that we found out a little while ago...” Adri started and looked at Jake. She sipped her lemonade moonshine again and licked her lips. “I don’t know how.” She said softly.

"I know. I figured the same thing for you." He kissed her head again. "I knew it would be hard babe." He felt awful for his sister and for Adri. He didn't want to take away from his sister but Adri would be his wife.

Jake smiled a little at her drinking from all the jars. He took a drink of his blackberry one and sat it on the table before sitting next to her on the balcony. It was a little chilly but not awful for them.

He wrapped his arm around her and rubbed her back. "Her mom is the only person who knows. It's not exactly the best of news...We've had a rough time with it..." Jake looked at Adri. "I can just tell them baby." Jake offered.

Adri looked at Jake. She shook her head to him telling them. She could do this. She took a sip of her lemonade moonshine again and rubbed her lips together.

“Jake and I went to the fertility clinic to see if he was a factor in Owen being born premature and his stay in the NICU.” She said and looked at Jake. “We both took the test to make sure we wouldn’t have any surprises.” She rolled her eyes and took another sip. “Jake has..what did he say? Above average swimmers, something like that.” She laughed to stop herself from crying.

She bit her lip and rubbed Jake’s thigh. “But I have a small deformity in my uterus that will make it difficult to conceive naturally, with a chance of never being able to conceive. It probably happened when my appendix ruptured.” She explained.

She blinked some tears away and wiped her eyes. She drank some more and looked out at the trees. She didn’t look at Luke or Amy or Jake anymore. She could feel the moonshine warming her up. “This is...strong.” She said and took one more big sip before setting down.

Jake kept rubbing her back as she talked. He knew it was hard for her and she was being a champ about it. She was so strong.

Amy wiped her own eyes. "I don't know what to say. Nothing I say will probably be right or help. I couldn't imagine getting that news." Luke just sat there and looked down.

"We're sorry if this is all too hard for you guys with us expecting..." Luke said softly.

"No no man. You guys didn't know. We're not telling you to make you feel bad. We just wanted to tell you guys cause you're who are closest to. I'm being majorly optimistic. I told her we can try IVF and other options or there is always adoption. But it's hard cause we want to have kids of our own." He said softly and gave Adri a small squeeze.

Amy moved over and hugged Adri. She was basically her sister now or soon would be so she was going to be there for her. "If there is two in here you can have one." She commented and chuckled. Luke looked at Amy, "Wait what?" Amy shot him a look and he smiled.

“Jake’s been...really strong about it.” She put her head on his shoulder and sighed. “I think it’s easy to be strong when you have over achieving sperm though.”

She gave Amy a hug and really broke down crying. She laughed a little when Amy said she could have one of the babies if she had twins. She wiped her eyes and smiled at Luke. “You’re going to wish we took one.” Adri joked and wiped her eyes.

“We will figure it out when it’s not so hard to think about.” Adri said softly. “I have more tests I have to take to make sure I can carry a baby and all this other stuff.” She said softly. “If all else fails I’m sure mom can carry our baby. Or we can rent out your belly for nine months.” She shrugged her shoulders.

Amy rolled his eyes. "Jake has always been
an overachiever. Damn that explains a lot with Layla now. Ass." She said about her brother who gave her a dirty look.

She just hugged Adri as she cried. She knew hugging her would probably make her breakdown but she wanted her to know she was there for her. No matter what.

Luke raised an eyebrow about renting out Amy's womb. Amy looked at her straight into her eyes. "Yes. I'd be honored to."

Jake wasn't sure how he felt about it but they all could talk later. They would have time. "We do have to keep in mind they never said impossible. Only harder. I think God is having us go through this to help others with similar situations. I still think she will get her baby girl."

“I was kidding. Sort of. We might need you. I have to book some appointments first.” She said softly. She was putting that off because she didn’t think she could handle more bad news if she wasn’t able to carry a child as well.

She smiled at Jake and gave him a kiss. “Yeah. Definitely harder, unfortunately. I can’t even tell my family, so I don’t know if I can tell the world yet. We will see.” She said softly.

“That moonshine is great though.” She said and picked her jar back up. She raised it up in a toast and took a sip. “If I drink too much of this I’m going to be asleep before I can taste my brownie. It has walnuts in it. Oh my god it’s going to be delicious.” She smiled.

Amy looked at her then Jake. "Well I'm not kidding." She looked back at Adri. "I'm willing to help in any way. Plus you would know me versus someone else. You can be there every step of the pregnancy and I not feel weird."

Jake gave Adri a small kiss. She was still putting on a front to not break down. He could tell. "I'm here every step of the way. We will tell your family and the world together when you're ready."

He sighed. "Baby I love you but slow down with that moonshine. Or you'll puke that brownie up as well as dinner." He warned.

Luke looked at them both. "If we can do anything please let us know. Also if you need time with the baby we won't take it personally."

“I’m being slow.” She told him. “Not that much is gone. I’m not drunk.” She said and put the lid back on. She showed him and even she was a little surprised by how much she had already. A quarter of the mason jar was gone, plus the sips she stole from Jake and Luke. “I’m being slow.” She reiterates and set the mason jar down.

She licked her lips and nodded her head at Luke. “I’ve been able to touch him so far. So I don’t think I’ll have issues holding him or being around him.” She said softly.

“I think I’ve been able to hide it very well until now.” She could feel the alcohol in her system now. ”It’s just a baby, right? And we have Owen. That’s what I keep telling myself at least.”

"I know you're not drunk. But give it a minute and you'll feel it. Trust me. I'm just looking out for your stomach." He told her softly.

Luke nodded at her. "But once he is here, it may change. Feel free to let us know if it does. Just keep the line of communication open. We will understand. Or if you choose to hog him too we will understand." He smiled.

Amy gave her a look. "It isn't that easy and I get it. It's so much more than that. But it is good to focus on what you have and not what you may not be able to have." Jake smiled at Adri.

Adri smiled and thanked Luke for thinking ahead. Sure she was fine touching him while he was in Amy’s belly, but when he was out it would be a different feeling. Especially since they couldn’t hold Owen when he was first born. She didn’t think about that until now. She looked back at Jake and rubbed his thigh.

“Yeah. And Jake’s has enough positivity for the both of us.” She smiled. “It’s almost annoying sometimes but I know he means well and i love him for it.” She said softly.

The four of them sat outside and spoke about a lot for a while longer. Until Adri’s mom knocked on the bedroom door and brought Owen up. She let them know dinner was ready and everyone was waiting on them. Adri picked up Owen and kissed his cheeks.

“And just remember that no one else knows. So this stays here. I don’t trust Stacey so I think it’s best to keep the people who know to a minimum.” Adri told Amy and Luke after her mother left.

Luke gave a nod. He would be pretty lost if this was him and Amy so he was trying to show compassion to his friends.

Jake smiled. "I'm just trying to not let this dark hole swallow you and I both. If I'm so annoying just...punch." He smiled. "I like it rough." He teased and kissed her cheek. "Love you." He whispered softly.

When Maria stopped up, Jake thanked her and got up. Amy shook his her head. "I won't say a word. Nor will I let on about anything. I promise." She gave Adri another hug before hugging Jake. Then went inside and Jake let Amy and Luke go first. "You okay?" He asked Adri softly.

Back
Top Bottom