Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“Depending on where anywhere is. Yes. Anywhere.” She laughed. “Don’t push it.” She warned.

She smiled at the name and nodded her head, “Logan. That’s cute. Like the Wolverine! I like it. And I can’t wait to meet him. Is this a you and I secret or can I tell Jake why I am looking at baby stuff with an L on it?” She laughed.

Adri and Amy sat on the barstools in the kitchen and watched the boys play. Andre was down next and then their parents. Owen didn’t know who he wanted to play with. Everyone got attention until someone new came. “Are you feeling alright? Luke said you need more sleep now. If you want us to rent a place at the cabin for the afternoon so you have a nice bed to sleep in, we will. And I promise to wake you up for lunch.” She joked.

"Would you move to Denver? I'm not saying I want to...just curious if I did if you would." He knew she really wanted to move at one point and he kind of shot it down. He felt bad about that. It just made sense in his head to stay in Vegas where her family was and his sister was. His parents stayed there enough.

Amy rolled her eyes and gave a nod. "Yes, like Wolverine. Luke loves the Wolverine...." She sighed. "Just keep it quiet until Christmas. We got mom and dad gifts that have his name on it so after then you can let it out. Until then, you can brag that you know." She giggled.

The guys had fun playing with Owen. Amy smiled. "I'm okay for now. The longer we stay out, I may need a nap. You don't have to rent a room though. I could always just come back here. I don't want to be a pain. How are you doing?" She asked. "Ready to bust because it's Christmas?"

“I would be open to having a house out here.” She told him. And they did kind of already have a house out here. She didn’t think Denver would be a state she moved too all the time. She was hoping he would be open to LA or New York, so she wouldn’t have to travel as much. But there was still some resistance, so they would stay in Vegas until he was open to it.

“Oh Jake is going to be so jealous!” Adri laughed. “Can’t wait to rub it in his face. I know his name.” She rubbed Amy’s belly.

“I am. I really can’t wait for everyone to open their gifts. Owen’s little face to light up on Christmas morning. I am happy you guys made it. Next year if you want to spend Christmas alone I can totally understand but it means a lot that you are here for this.” Adri smiled and squeezed her hand.

Jake thought about it for a moment. "I'll tell you what. When I'm ready to retire from the UFC, if you still want to move...I'll move." He told her. "But to L.A." He could start another gym there if the one ever took off in Vegas and train there. Plus he was getting used to the warm weather, the beach would be nice, and he'd love a house right on the beach.

Amy laughed. "Yeah I figured you'd like that. You only have a few days so be wise with how you give him shit because when he does find out, I'm not responsible anymore." She smiled.

"I'm not sure yet about next year. Who knows I may want to continue this tradition. My doctor wasn't entirely happy I wanted to fly but I didn't want to be alone for Christmas. I thought I did, but I didn't. It made me sad. I love spending the time with everyone. Your family has kind of become my family too."

Adri nodded her head. She could get used to Denver. She wasn’t sure how she would do living in the cold weather. Then he said he would be open to moving to LA and her face light up. “Really?” She smiled and gave him a hug. “Really, really?” She gave him a kiss and another hug. “I’d love that Boo.”

Adri shrugged her shoulder, “I’ll take my few days. Luke better not tell him. That’s ruins the fun of knowing something Jake doesn’t.” She smiled.

“I’m glad you feel that way. I want you to feel like you a part of my family because you are. My mother loves you and Luke. She has happily accepted you, Jake and Luke into the family. She will treat Logan like her own grandson.” She promised. “Mom loves a big family. That’s why there are so many of us.” She smiled

When everyone started to gather around it was time to warm up the van. She couldn’t wait to go skiing and have some fun.

He smiled and gave a nod. "Yes. Really really. It's still close for everyone still in Vegas. If you wait for me to finish my career it's only fair if I move to let you continue yours." He smiled at her and kissed her back.

"I told him he wasn't allowed to tell anyone." She smiled. "He will be in big trouble if he did." She giggled. "He wouldn't dare being in the doghouse right now."

She smiled. "I love your mom too. Sometimes I'm a little guilty of being a bit envious of your mom." She stopped. "Your mother is going to buy Logan a gift isn't she?" She asked her.

Jake got the van warmed up and Owen ran out to the garage to get in the van. "Da da da da da!" He was one happy kid. For now. Jake picked him up and put him in his seat, strapping him in. Everyone else got loaded up in the vehicles. Jake drove the van towards the ski lodge.

“Of course she is. And she’ll be around him all the time. She will soak up that new baby smell. Anything you need she will be right there to help.” She sighed. “Borrow her as much as you like.” Adri told her but felt jealous that they would get that bond and Adri might not.

Adri sat in the front seat and held Jake’s hand when she could. When they got the lodge everyone got out and Adri went to the front to get everyone checked in for gear if they wanted to ski or snowboard.

There was a space set up for everyone that wanted to chill out near a fireplace inside. The food was paid for so if they wanted anything they could grab something or order something. Adri put Owen’s hat on so they could go outside and play in the snow. He still hated the gloves but he couldn’t get them off so he was stuck. He threw a little fit but he was more interested in the snow than in screaming and crying.

Amy was very grateful. "Thank you. That means a lot. It never hurts to have extra people to love your baby." She smiled at Adri. "It is nice we can be a nice big family."

Once they got to the lodge, Jake got Owen out of his seat and he wanted to run in the snow but it didn't work. Jake got him a sled to let him go down the hills in. He did find it funny when Jake tossed him into the snow. He laughed and cackled and ran to Jake for him to do it again and he did.

Everyone else scattered out. Some stayed at the lodge, some went to grab their skis, and Jake was content and happy playing with Owen and the sled. "Adge...go ski with your brothers. I got him." He told her and gave her a kiss.

Adri watched Jake and Owen until Jake told her to go have fun. She was tired of talking about the baby with Amy and she was sure that was all her mother was talking about in the cabin. She looked at Jake and nodded her head. “Have fun. When you want a break, just let me know.” She told him. She gave him a kiss and went to check out some skis.

She went to her brothers and skied with them for a bit. She wasn’t good at it and she was afraid of breaking an ankle. She tried snowboard but that’s as just as bad. She sat back and watched them from the sidelines. She found a bench to sit on and watched Aidan continuously fall and Andre have to pick him up.

She did go into the cabin to check on her family. And just like she thought Amy and Maria were talking about the baby and her nursery. After she made sure they were okay, she went back outside to the fresh air.

Jake watched Adri try to ski and Owen watched a bit too before they went back to sledding and then built a snowman. Owen started to get tired and a little cranky so he picked him up and carried him inside to their family.

Owen saw Maria first and lit up running to his grandma. "Someone is getting tired and cranky. Mind letting him play in here?" Everyone was fine with it and promised to keep an eye on him. Owen ignored Jake when he tried to say bye to him so Jake left and saw Adri.

He ran up and picked her up. "Hey gorgeous. Care to snowboard with me?"

Adri was lost in thought when Jake picked her up. She did get scared for a second and then hit him when she realized he was the one who picked her up. “I don’t want to break an ankle.” She told him with a laugh and wrapped her arms around him.

“Let’s go. You better catch me if I fall.” She warned. “And no funny business.” She added. She sighed and got up so they could go try this out.

“I love you.” She smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She strapped her feet into the board. “How did Owen enjoy the snow? You made me nervous throwing him in that pile.”

"I'll catch you. I'll even help you balance. If we go down at the same time you can hold my hands to help balance." He told her. "You haven't had me as an instructor to snowboard the right way." He gave her a kiss and went with her to get his board on.

"I love you." He smiled proudly. "He liked it a lot until he got tired. We went down in a sled a few times and built a snowman." He kissed her cheek. "Babe it was like tossing him in a pile of leaves. He was fine. I wouldn't have done it if I thought he could get hurt. You should know that. He found it hilarious too."

They got on the ski lift and went up the mountain. "Are you okay? Are you having fun?" He asked her softly when it was just the two of them on the lift. Jake knew Christmas was her holiday but it still had to be hard with his sister being pregnant.

“I know you wouldn’t do anything to hurt him. But that first time was scary. For me.” She laughed.

She nodded. “I am fine.” She said softly. “I just didn’t realize how much it would hurt being around her. She told me his name and we were laughing and joking about how I could rub it in your face but now I know his name. And she asked if there were any names that were off limits and one came to mind but immediately after I thought, it doesn’t matter I can’t have him anyways.” She shook her head and shrugged her shoulder.

“And now these stupid goggles are digging up and I can’t see anything.” She pulled them up and wiped her eyes and let her goggles clear up. “I didn’t want to do this here. Ever. But I don’t know what I’m going to do when that baby comes. I just want to work and forget about everything but I’m here. And it’s Christmas and I want to be happy.” She picked her lips and wiped her eyes again.

“So I’m going to be happy. And not think about it. And please don’t tell anyone. Mom knowing is enough.” She said softly.

He smiled and gave a nod. "I'm sorry to scare you." He told her softly.

Jake listened to her talk and gave a nod. "I understand." He took her hand in his even though he had his gloves on. "What...what name was it?" He asked her softly looking at her in her eyes. It wasn't something he was losing all hope on. He still really felt like it was something that could happen, one way or another.

He hated this was something he couldn't fix for her or make her happy. that was the hardest thing for him to come to terms with. They may not have a child of their own, but if that was the case he didn't know if he could ever make her a hundred percent happy. He pulled his hand out of his glove and touched her cheek. "If you cry your tears will freeze to your face. That's not a good look." He teased and smiled.

"I don't want you to work your life away. I refuse to lose hope for us. I'm not asking you to keep hope too. I'll carry it for the both of us. But just know we're in this together. I love you and refuse to let you feel alone. Lean on me. I'm here. If you need to get away for a minute, come find me. Let me sit with you. Cry on my shoulder. Grab me and make me work out to let some steam off with you. We can work steam off together." He told her.

She shook her head, “I’m not supposed to tell you.” She told him. “It’s a superhero name. Anti-hero name. I don’t know. I think your nerdy side will like it though.” She promised.

She laughed and patted under her eye. “No. That’s not a good look. I know my eyeliner is waterproof. I think I’m good. Right?” She asked. “I wish I had a mirror now.”

She smiled and nodded her head. “I love you. And thank you. I don’t know why you are putting up with me but I love you for it. And I’ll tell them soon so you don’t have to hold the burden.” She put her head on his shoulder.

“Are we going to jump off of this thing?” She asked and looked down. “That feels dangerous.”

Jake shook his head. "I didn't mean their baby name. I meant the name you wanted to claim off limits. But now that I have some ideas...." He thought about it.

He smiled and chuckled. "You're good. You're beautiful. Very beautiful." He grabbed his phone from his pocket and pulled up the camera so she could see it. "Here you go babe."

Jake shook his head and kissed her forehead. "I love you too but you're crazy to think I wouldn't be still here. And for the record, it's not a burden. You're my number one. If you need to keep this between us for a bit longer, we keep it between us. I'll do whatever makes you feel a little bit better baby."

He laughed. "No. We get off at the end there and you just stand up and move out of the way. Goofy." He put his phone away when she was done with it. "Or we can just ride the lift a few times if you wanted to."

“Ezra.” Adri said softly. “My baby boy’s name is Ezra. And maybe that is why this is so hard. Because I can see him in my head and he’s beautiful because he looks like you and I can’t have him.” She bit her lip and looked out at the mountain.

She took a deep breath so she wouldn’t start crying again. She checked herself out and took a picture with Jake while they were at the top. She took a few pictures of Jake too since he looked good in the lighting. “You’re glowing Boo.” She told him.

She handed him his phone and put her head on his shoulder. “Can we ride it a few times? It’s really pretty up here and I cried the first time so I didn’t get to see it.” She joked.

"I really don't think my sister would pick Ezra." He thought about it. "Ezra. I like it. I like it a lot. Goes with the vowel first letter with Owen. Don't say you can't have him. You don't know that for sure. We don't know that. God may have some bigger plan then we will ever know and give us our entire wrestling team we want." He told her and kissed her cheek.

He took photos with her before giving her a kiss. "I'm only glowing because I have the most amazing fiance and son a man could dream of." He told her truthfully. "We are blessed, especially me." He admitted.

He put his phone in his pocket and gave a nod as he moved his arm around her. "Of course we can. We can ride it as many times as you want. Just don't tell Owen you got to ride." He chuckled.

She smiled when he said he liked it. “Are you just saying that because I cried?” She teased with a nudge. She was trying to feel better. It warmed her up knowing he liked her name choice.

“We are blessed.” She repeated and kissed his cheek. “I love you so much it’s ridiculous. I mean it Jake. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you. And thank you for Owen. Even though he was a shock. He’s the beat thing that has happened to us.”

She snuggled into him and watched the mountains. They rode three more times until she felt better and was ready to get off. “Okay. Let’s board! Is that why you say?” She laughed. “This is going to be fun, I think.”

"No. Not at all. I like it. It's like an old-fashioned name but solid and strong. I like it. Plus I doubt there will be two Ezra's in his class that he has to put Ezra D. on his paperwork." He smiled.

He smiled as he listened to her. "Yeah well, I will remind you of this when you are mad at me and talk about how much of a pain in the ass I am. Especially in the beginning of our relationship. You hated how I always made you make me smoothies but deep down you like it." He chuckled.

"Uh..sure. That's what we say." He teased but got off the lift with her and when they got in position, he grabbed her hands. "Are you sure you're ready?" He asked her. "You can do this. If you start to feel you're going to crash or go off the side of the mountain just sit on your butt okay?" He asked.

“Deep down I had this fear that you would find Ezra in a baby book and name Owen, Ezra.” She confessed. “But now it’s something to look forward too. One day, hopefully, I’ll have my little Ezra. And he’ll be perfect and beautiful.” She smiled. “And he’s going to be just like Owen, so just like you.” She laughed. She was scared to dream that dream since it may not come true but Jake was giving her some hope.

She rolled her eyes. “I didn’t mind the smoothies. It was constantly making sure you had a snack that was annoying. And getting nipped at every time you didn’t have a snack in your hands when you snapped your fingers.”

She frowned, “Go off the side of the mountain?” She asked and held him tighter. She closed her eyes until she felt herself sliding forward. “Am I doing it?” She asked when she got about two feet forward. “Oooh I’m scared.” She laughed.

“Okay. For real. We can do this.” She said and tried again to go forward very slowly.

He smiled and shook his head. "Baby I can't say I would have thought of it on my own but with you throwing it out there, I love it." He smiled and kissed her head. "I think we can have our Ezra and our baby girl that is just like you. I want my little caramel blue eyes curly hair girl." He smiled at Adri.

"Now in my argument, I work out a lot and hard so I'm hungry all the time. I can't help it. And yes...yes I get hangry. I will admit that." He gave a nod.

He chuckled. "I'm not going to let you go off the side of he mountain. I'm right here. I promise you Adri." He kissed her cheek.

He watched her sliding down the mountain. "You're doing it but you need to open your eyes babe. Trust me." He watched her and held her hands.

"That is always going to be your argument." She laughed.

"You can be my eyes." She told him and kept them closed a little while longer before feeling brave and opening them. She was still standing so that was positive. She had a death grip on his hands though. she did not want a butt of snow, even if she was in the correct gear.

She was doing great until one of her brothers came sliding next to her and grabbed her sides, tickling her. She jumped forward, into Jake, and they both went down. "Ass!" She yelled when she heard Aidan laughing sliding away. She got on her knees and then straightened her legs and then body to stand up.

"He is so getting hit in the face with a snowball. He deserves it. They all do." She said when she saw Aidan and Alex high five. Now they were all on her hit list.

"Hell yes it will always be my argument. As long as I'm still working out. You bet. Then if a day ever shows up that I don't work out...well then I'll stop eating..." He teased and chuckled.

He laughed. "Baby you're doing great." He watched her and chuckled.

Jake caught her but lost his balance and fell on his butt. He couldn't help but laugh. "You were doing well until that happened." He smiled before getting up himself.

"Oh they will get their's. Don't you worry." He smiled and grabbed some snow and threw it at both of them before going back to Adri. He would have went after them on the mountain but he couldn't leave Adri alone.

Adri practiced with Jake for a little while longer. She knew she would never hear the end of it if she didn’t try on her own to go down the small hill. It was intimidating but she was finally able to feel comfortable standing on the board with no help from Jake. She was having so much fun, she forgot she had a breakdown on the ski lift.

“Okay. I’m doing the hill once just to shut up the pea gallery and then I’m getting a hot chololate because my nose is freezing.” She told him and went to the top of the hill. It really wasn’t that big of a hill. It was enough to give her some speed and adrenaline and then she was back on the bottom.

Each of her brothers showed her up and went down it as she was building up her courage and the. They waited at the bottom for her. “Would you like to join them?” She asked Jake. She took a deep breath and got closer to the edge until gravity did the rest and slid her to the bottom. She had a shaky stop but she didn’t fall. She clapped her hands and shook her hips for her happy dance.

“Again!” She laughed. “Wow that was great. Okay one more time. And then I’m going inside.” She told him.

Back
Top Bottom