Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I've waited so long already....grrr. I don't think I can wait that long. I won't my eye. If my ribs feel okay...it's happening." He sighed.

He was proud Owen was doing good. It took a little to warm up to Santa but he did. Santa gave him a small candy cane. They weren't big on giving him candy but he did amazing and Jake felt he deserved a treat.
Jake laughed. "Little does she know Santa, I already have her gift." He smiled. "But that's totally her saying that. She's a punk. I should get a lot of gifts just having to deal with her goofiness." He teased.

“No it’s not. Your health is more important than sex.” She told him. “You’ll be fine.”

Adri really wanted a picture with Sabta and she was going to pass it up. She had Santa to herself. She was taking a picture. She sat in his lap and had her pictures taken before handing everyone their thank you for staying late and merry Christmas gifts.

“Give Santa a hug.” She told Owen and he ran and gave Santa’s leg a hug and ran back to Jake. “Good job bud!” The pictures were printed while they were standing around talking to santa. They were out in an envelope and they were set. It took an hour for it all to happen.

“I’m so proud of you Owen.” She told him as they walked through the store to the street.

“Do you want to get dinner somewhere?” She asked Jake. “Last night here. Might be nice. Paparazzi is going to get a picture of that face though.” She told him.

Jake sighed. "I'll tell you when I get the okay from the doctor. You better be ready. We need to let grandma take the little man." He told her and smiled.

"Good job bud. How about a fist bump?" Owen gave him one of those as well and smiled. "Good job bud. We're super proud of you."

He gave her a nod. "Dinner does sound nice. Go for it. Mom won't be on anything to see it. Amy will but she saw the fight so she would expect it." He shrugged. "Where do you wanna go? I kinda want steak."

“We can find a steak point to eat.” She told him and picked one out and told the frisbee where to go. She looked at the pictures with a smile. “Look at that!” She said showing him a picture of her on santa’s lap. “Just call me Mrs Claus.” She teased. “We make a cute couple.”

She showed him the ones of Owen and Santa, which were adorable. He was loooking at the camera in some but she loved the ones where he was loooking at santa.

The family pictures were nice. Jake’s swollen face was visible but they were nice to have. “I’ll get something quick set up so we can take pictures as a family. Dogs and all. We can rush some Christmas cards out. It will be nice.”

Jake looked at the photos and smiled before rolling his eyes. "Seriously? You better get a Mrs. Clause outfit and I better get to have fun with you in it." He told her.

"Damn our son's cute." He chuckled. "He looks almost just as cute as his old man." He smiled. "I like those."

He gave her a nod. "Sounds like a plan. Works for me." He said and smiled. Jake got a text from his dad asking how he felt and he took a photo and sent it to him. His dad already know not to tell his mom so he knew he'd be safe. Jake figured his recovery time wouldn't be an entire month since he didn't break the ribs like he did last time.

When they got to the restaurant he got out and opened the door for Adri and Owen. He hated he couldn't hold Owen. Jake smiled at Owen. "Hi buddy. Hungry? Daddy's hungry." They went in and got a table.

"Sorry, that's only for Santa." She smiled.

They were given a private booth so people wouldn't come up and bother him and it was slightly dark and romantic so their faces were kind of hidden. It was a nice last night in New York. She put Owen in his booster set and held Jake's hand on the table. "He is going to be so angry when he goes back to his normal diet. No more pancakes and waffled for breakfast." She said and rubbed Owen's cheek.

"What is he going to eat?" She asked first. "If I get green beans and mashed potatoes he can have that. I don't know about meat though. Steak is too tough." She looked at the other side of the menu that had a small selection of fish and chicken. "I guess I will be having chicken and stealing a bite of steak from you." She smiled.

"I would suggest a bottle of red wine but you can't mix alcohol with your meds." She frowned.

"Good thing I'm the real one." He whispered.

Jake looked at the menu. "He can have waffles. We will just have to find a healthy recipe and maybe invest in one of those waffle makers or irons. We can get one fairly cheap." He suggested. "They have healthy recipes online and instead of syrup we can put peanut butter on them." He would eat them with peanut butter and banana. "I can look for recipes later."

"Maybe Owen would eat chicken?" He shrugged. "I want steamed vegetables and not sure on mashed potatoes or a baked potato. I kind of want a salad too. I'm kind of hungry. I know that's bad and I should watch what I eat since I can't workout but I am still champ and deserve to eat what I want."

Jake shrugged. "Get one. I haven't taken medicine since before my nap so I just will wait to take meds a bit. Or I will just have a little bit."

“We could find healthy recipes but I don’t want him getting used to the idea of eating waffles and pancakes. He was fine with his dry Cheerios, eggs and fruit. He loved that breakfast. I don’t want him to start casting an attitude when we give it to him.”

She ordered the chicken for Owen and herself. This place wasn’t very kid friendly since it was upscale so Owen would have a big plate of food that Adri would cut down into baby sized pieces.

“So the girls and I were talking in London and we wouldn’t go get together this summer and do something. I think it’s a great idea.and then I thought. I can make it a pre-bachelorette party sort of thing where the girls can get to know each other. Maybe Amy can make it depending on how the baby is. That girls are planning the entire thing, they told me to bring my passport so that’s all I know for now.” She told him. “But that’s months away. So we have time.”

"Babe he likes a varied. He doesn't want Cheerios, eggs and fruit every single day." He told her.

Jake was curious where she was going that she'd need her passport. "How long do you think you'll be gone? All I ask is to see if they'd consider not having it around a fight. I love you and I know we made this work but it was a lot. Each fight is probably only going to get harder. Or if you find out when and how long, let me know and I can work around it." He told her.

"I have a feeling that Ultimate Fighter will be coming up soon. They want the coaches to fight and it be a title fight. I also want to just figure out the plan with the gym. Even if I open one at one location and then open another one somewhere else or grow. I even have a title in mind." He shared and looked over at Owen.

“Like five days maybe. Not too long.” She told him. “I will let you know dates. I think they were saying May but we can always push it...I don’t know what would be best. Having the date before a few weeks before a fight or having it be after a fight. But I will figure it out and let you know.”
She told him. He didn’t really have a schedule so she could follow it. She just hoped Dana didn’t schedule a fight in the middle of her vacation.

“Any idea who your opponent will be?” She asked. “Someone with some better sportsmanship hopefully.” She said softly. She was tired of being dragged into fights. Bisping was the worst of it but Romero was hardly any better.

Their food came fairly quickly and Adri cut up Owen’s food. She didn’t have a spooon so he had to use the smallest spoon the place had and that was a caviar spoon. It seemed to do the trick. He used it for a little while.

"Five days isn't bad. Owen and I can take care of the house for five days." He smiled. "Well lately the Pay-per-view fights are the first weekend of the month. So unless I start sucking badly I will stick to the first weekend of the month. But if I'm doing Ultimate Fighter I should know plenty in advance." He told her.

Jake shook his head. "It will have to be someone who will be good. It may be a thing where it may be Bisping because it will get ratings and then be a country thing too. I don't know yet." He shrugged. "Bisping went down in ranks so he would have to step it up to get an offer. It could be Weidman or Gastelum. Weidman is cool. It would be a classy rival with him. Gastelum, I'm not sure how he would be. I don't know him that well."

He started to eat and gave Owen one of his steamed carrots to try to eat. It was one of the best steaks Jake had. It was a place he'd want to try out again when they traveled back to NY. "I'm proud of myself to get to MSG and defending my first fight that someone came after the belt. I do feel that I need to look at some strengthen my bones or see what to do about the broken ribs. My eye I just let him get too many good shots in. It's bull... I need to do better."

“You can’t start sucking. You’re the champion.” She laughed. “If you start sucking you won’t be the champion.” She reminded.

“He only went down in ranks because you won. If I was him I would want a rematch and I’d the opportunity presented itself I would take it.” So Bisping could quite possibly be back in their world. Fun. “I’m ready for a classy rival. Someone who leave Owen and I out of it. Let their actions do the talking.”

She nodded her head, “It was a great fight. A lot of happy fans. I made a decent amount on you.” She smiled. “How would you strengthen your bones? Drink more milk. No crazy shots or new medical treatments or anything. Right?”

"I hopefully won't start sucking but you promised if I did you'd still love me. You can't just love me at my greatest." He told her with a smile.

Jake took a few bites, his food were delicious. "Weidman is older. 33 I think. Married. Three kids. More mature. He has kids and a wife. He won't pull mine into it. He's a Christian and does volunteer work. When I've talked to him he has been cool." Jake told her. "I would be fine with him and I going strong in the octagon. Bisping would he drama. It could go either way."

Jake shrugged. "Weight training actually. Not sure about medical treatments. But muscle and ligaments also are a risk. That is why I have to keep eating healthy and working out even if I'm not actively training." He told her. "I'm sure there are powder for my smoothies or shakes but I have to research that it is safe for work. Or UFC approved."

“I did. I will still love you if you start sucking but you are on top and you should enjoy it. Set a goal. How many fights do you want to win as champion before you are comfortable enough to lose it?” She asked.

“Bisping has a wide and kids. It’s never stopped him. I bet if someone brought his family into it he would have a fit. But he has no problem dragging everyone else’s into it.” She said rolling her eyes.

She made an interested face. “Weight training, really? Never though of that. That means your arms will bulk up right? Just don’t lose that booty. That is my only work out rule.” She smiled.

"I don't ever want to lose it Adge. I want to be on top as long as possible." He shrugged. "I can't be like...okay five wins then if I get my ass handed to me...it's okay. It's hard to have that thought."

Jake shrugged. "You have a point. But I know Weidman isn't that way. I met him. His other opponents he will trash talk about it's all work. Nothing personal. I can't see him changing with me." He shrugged again. "But there is a first time for everything right?"

He rolled his eyes on her booty comment. "We should work out together when I can again." He smiled. "The only thing is you can't do weight training on your ribs. Or your face... I will see if Luke has any ideas too. I honestly never had the best bones. My step father would break them every now and then. I think Owen needs to get the calcium and milk started now just to be safe. As well as our future children."

“I know you don’t want to lose it. But I also know that if you lose the title you will forever kick yourself in the butt for not having long enough. I think if you made a goal of having it for however long then in the end you won’t beat yourself up as much.” She explained.

“You aren’t you step-dad. And I don’t see you breaking Owen’s bones. The doctor said he’s healthy and strong. He’s on the lower side of average but he’s good. He’s fine. He drinks milk every morning. He’s fine.” She told him and poked Owen’s cheek. “Swallow You chimp ink before you choke.” She told him and held his hands until he swallowed.

She kept eating and smiled at Jake. “So what’s next? Once your face heals why are you going to do?”

"I see what you're saying. I would say...three defends is average." He pulled his phone out. "I know GSP has nine." He looked up the record. "Record is eleven consecutive. I would love to beat that but if I get five that's good. I would be thrilled to beat GSp."

He shook his head. "I know. But I was healthy too and broke bones easily. We may just keep an eye on this guy. I drank milk every day too." He told her and smiled at Owen.

"Well the video game comes out next week. I have a few appearances. Then I want to get the gym moving." He told her and took a drink.

“So you want to hold it for at least 12 fights. That’s a decent goal.” Realistic? She wasn’t sure but it was a good start.

They would keep an eye on Owen but she knew he would be okay. He was strong and healthy.

“The gym? I thought you were waiting until you were close to retirement for that.” She said. “Is there something you want to tell me?” She laughed. “Are we getting a copy of the video game? I want to play as you and beat you up!” She smiled.

“We have to get a thing though. X-Box. PlayStation. Something.”

Jake shrugged. "My goal is to be the best of the best. Is it going to probably happen? Probably not. But again if I can tie or beat GSP with 9. I will be thrilled. I'll be content with 5. Three is average so five is better." He smiled. Five was a more reasonable goal.

"I'm not retiring anytime soon." Jake smiled and shook his head. "I just would like to get the gym started now I think so I can train there myself. I want to train other fighters that are coming up but I want a place that kids can go to. I don't know if charity is the word to use but I want the gym open for kids who can't maybe afford to go to another gym. I want them to come to my gym and have a chance to be who they want to be and train. Or if they just want a healthier lifestyle and need a bit of help."

Jake chuckled, "Yes we get a few copies so we can give it to your brothers for Christmas. Babe we have a PS4. I need to know what your brothers have or we will get them one for Christmas. That could be a fun thing to do Christmas day." He chuckled.

“Five is a good number. Above average. Decent. You’re two down. You would have three more to go. That will be good for you. When you reach five then we go for nine and then twelve.” She smiled.

“Okay. So you need a real eastate eganebtto either look for something already built or building something from the ground up.” She said. “Which would you prefer?” She asked curiously. They weren’t building a house yet because he wanted to pay for the wedding and now he wanted to open a gym.

“I don’t know what they have and it made odd for me to ask. They are all going to know what we get them from there.” She laughed.

"Exactly. That's what I was thinking." He smiled and put his hand on her leg a moment.

Jake shrugged. "I don't know. I think it would be fun to build something. I want something that we can train in and out doors. I still like the idea of building it near the house but maybe it would be something we'd have to work up to. Or maybe we have multiple locations." He shrugged. "I think I'm being a bit hopeful right now. I know we have a lot going on. So I think now I just want to get with an agent, let them know what I'm looking for and see if anything opens up. If it takes two years it's okay. What do you think of the name Fortitude?"

"Well how about we just buy a few of each and let them fight over it." He laughed. "I think that Liam would like a system and Luke too. How do you feel about buying systems for everyone?" He asked.

She nodded her head, “I guess your first course of action would be to find a releastate agent then. I’m happy for you boo.” She smiled. “Following your dreams.one step at a time.” She told him. It looked like a House was off the market. And any chance of leaving Vegas was as well. She grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. “I am happy for you Jake. You know that right?”

She thought of how that would look on the outside of a building. I like the name. I really thought you would have it named after you or something. But fortitude, I like what it stands for. I think it’s good.”

She laughed, “Okay. Let them fight it out. If that’s what you want to do for your Christmas presents to everyone that’s fine. I don’t think you should give them a game with your face on it though. That’s something you would have given them anyway. Get the console and leave the games unwrapped so when they do pick their console they can go grab the game for their system.” She smiled.

“What we need to talk about is our Christmas present for this guy.” She said looking at Owen. “He’s still too little for a big boy bed. So that’s off the table. I think we should get him a motorized car that matches your truck. That would be cute. One we can drive for now and then when he gets older he can drive it himself.”

Jake smiled and gave her a nod. "Yeah baby. I know. But I haven't done it yet." He squeezed her hand. "Yeah you like the name? I may call it Jake Daniels Fortitude Gym. I don't know yet. But I like the meaning. My first trainer would always say it." He smiled.

"I like that idea babe. But yeah I do want to get them a system so they can play it. Not sure if they have the system or not. If they have an Xbox they can get a PS to have both." He shrugged.

He loved the idea. "Yes! Let's do it. We are doing the blanket of his brother too right?" He asked.

"I wanted to ask you a question babe. How soon after we get married did you want to look into a new house or building?" He asked her taking a drink and watching Owen.

She nodded her head, “Yes. I have the blanket designed on some company. I can purchase it tonight and have it sent to the cabin. We are going a few days early so I can wrap everything. That is going to take a while for me. So you and Owen can do go and do something that day. I’ll be heaven wrapping presents.” She smiled. “Have the consoles sent to the cabin and I can wrap those too.” She told him.

“The car has to be ordered tomorrow if we want it on time so I will get on that too. We will just slap a bow on it and call it a day for that.” She smiled.

“I don’t know now. I want to have a baby. The house we have is big enough for us and a baby. More than big enough actually. I just want a house we designed iurselves and has everything we want. We could hire a blueprint maker and have them design a house. From there we can look for land. If we do stay in Vegas then I want a view of the mountains and the city. Something I can watch the sunrise and sunset from.” She told him.

“What about you!” She asked.

"I can do that. I'll get half and half on the consoles. I'll have them sent to the cabin. Maybe pick out some games like Madden or Call of Duty." He smiled and gave her a nod. "We will find something to do. Maybe we will go shopping for your present from Owen. I already have yours bought and wrapped." He smiled proudly.

Jake thought it was cute how much she kept bringing up wanting a baby. To him it meant that she really wanted a baby. She was ready for that and it meant a lot to Jake that she was. "I like the idea of the view. I do feel like we should probably stay in Vegas. Mom moved to Vegas to be near us. For a little bit at least." He told her. "I want very big garage for all our cars. A pool for Owen I feel is still a must. I think talking to an architect would be a good idea. Then we would know how much money we need."

He thought about it. "Do you really want to move out of Vegas?"

Back
Top Bottom