Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake rubbed Owen's hair. "You miss me buddy?" He kissed his head.

"So those weren't on the market?" He asked. "How did you get one?"

"He can watch whatever for a bit. I can't really see out of my left eye anyway." His whole body hurt. "I don't know if I can do Jimmy. I hurt. It hurts to breathe." Jake groaned. "I am hungry though."

"You weren't very talkative last night....at least not to me."

“Your love of watches hasn’t gone unnoticed. I called Rolex and they sent me pictures and told them I wanted to get you something no one else had. I picked that one. And they sent it to me.” She shrugged her shoulder. “So for now no one else has it.” She told him.

“It’s extremely swollen. You should have peas on it.” She said. “Should we go to the hospital?” She asked.it was t a collapsed lung or he would be dead by now. He probably had broken ribs which the doctors could t really treat and he had the pain killers that the doctors would give him. “What do you want to eat? I can take him and run out to get it. Or I can send Casey to get you something.”

“I’m sorry you feel that way. I wasn’t going out of my way to not talk to you.” And conversations work two ways. it’s not like they were on speaking terms anyways.

“Do you want something from the hotel or actual food?” She asked going back to him being hungry.

"Well that was really cool of you babe. Thanks. I like no one else has it. Makes it special that way. Maybe I could have my own line of watches." He shrugged.

Jake held up the peas. "I was talking to Owen and just haven't put them back on." He put them on his face and winced. "I don't know. I'm not sure what they can do. I am wondering if something is broken in my face..." He shrugged. "What do you think? I don't know if he's leaving my side Adge." His head rested on the back of the couch.

"It kind of felt like you were." He looked at her. "Everyone came in to the cage to congratulate me and I had to ask you to come in. You didn't say hardly anything at the after party. You were spending more time with Nick than anyone else. Did you not like the fight? Did I not do well? Besides asking if I was okay you didn't really say anything about it."

"I don't know...nothing sounds good but I'm hungry."

She looked at his face and shrugged her shoulder, “There is too much swelling. You should probably got get it checked out though. You haven’t looked that swollen before. Do you want to go to one here or wait until we get home?” she asked.

“I was waiting for your mom and dad who were on their way. And once they got there I went in. I was with Luke. You were talking to someone. I don’t remember who.” She frowned and tried to think of it and shrugged her shoulder it didn’t matter.

“It was a fight. It was brutal. You kicked his...butt and won like you were supposed to. You did well. I just didn’t want to hug you because the blows you took to your body to your ribs looked insanely painful. Like he was intentionally trying to break them. I didn’t think you would make it out of bed today.” She told him.

She got up and grabbed the menu. She still had pasta on the fridge and she could eat that. “They have smoothies downstairs. Strawberry banana?” She offered. “Or mango banana or chocolate strawberry.” She handed him the menu so he could pick something or try to find some inspiration.

"When are we going home?" He asked. It hurt to think or really move. He couldn't see at all out of the one eye from it being so swollen. "The UFC doctors will be going back to Vegas. My doctor is in Vegas but I'm sure they have good doctors here."

Jake shrugged. "But you were the one I wanted to see. You're the one that puts up with me and my training. You're going to be my wife. I want to share those moments with you." He told her.

"But you didn't even say I did well. You didn't say anything. When you left to come back here you still didn't say anything. On the bus you didn't say anything." He shrugged because he didn't get it.

He looked at her and the menu. "I can't read that. I'll take a smoothie...strawberry mango and banana. I need something else though. French toast with bananas and strawberries sounds good. And some sausage. He's probably hungry too."

“We were supposed to go home tomorrow morning.” She moved the bag of peas and looked at his face. It hurt her just to look at it. “We need to go to the hospital.” She told him. They weren’t waiting and they weren’t getting on a pressurized plane with his face like that.

“I was drunk and tired and that’s how I get. I go into myself when I’m like. I don’t know what say. I can’t help that. You won and I am proud of you for winning. That last move was killer I didn’t know that was Romero’s signature move until well after the fight. That was cool.”

She looked at menu and at his face, “We are going to the hospital after breakfast.” She told him and went into the bedroom to put the order in and get Jake some sweats and a jacket. She had to get Owen drsssed too. Since he wasn’t going to leave Jake’s side.

"It's that bad?" He asked. "I feel like my stitches are going to bust open on my eye. We should probably take the injury photo now before it doesn't look so bad." He smiled.

Jake gave her a nod. "I was going to apologize for earlier but then you acted like you didn't want to talk so I kept it short. I am sorry for the other day. I don't think my thoughts came across correctly. That was my fault. It's been a long week." He grinned. "That was pretty kick a...butt. He has knocked out a lot of guys from that flying knee but it was awesome that I got him back. No one has submitted him either. I have done what no one else has. Except I'm enemy number one even more so now."

His eyes closed and luckily Owen knew daddy hurt so he sat and was well behaved. "Babe? Will you rub my head?" He felt like he was in an accident the day before.

"I don't have the normal camera." She grabbed his phone and took a picture of his face.

"I didn't want to talk about a fight while you were celebrating your win. Especially in front of all of those people. I'm sorry you felt like I was avoiding you. I wasn't." She apologized as well. She turned Owe so she could get him dressed in some warmer clothes. She kissed his cheeks and made him laugh.

She had Jake's Reebok sweats and a zip-up jacket because that was easiest to take on and off. "Do you want a shirt or another jacket??" She asked him. It was cold outside and he wasn't going out in just a hoodie. She had a beanie for both boys and gloves for Owen.

She took the braids out of his hair and rubbed his head until the food came. She cut up his french toast and sausage and put it in his lap. "I'm not feeding you." She teased and had Owen sit up so she could feed him. As long as he could see Jake was eating he would eat too.

"It's okay. Just a pic is fine." He told her. "It doesn't have to be your model quality." Jake smiled.

"I know. I wasn't going to talk about it either. I was just going to hug you and tell you I was sorry." He gave her a nod. "Okay. It's okay. I was just on edge I'm sorry. I've never had a fight quiet like that."

Jake thought about it. He didn't want anything tight. "Just one of my cut off shirts is okay. I want easy to get on and off and loose."

Her rubbing his head seemed to help ease the pressure in his head. He put his head against her shoulder with a bit of his right side on her. "You can tell he was right handed cause my left side got messed up." He said softly. Jake felt a bit bad he was so upset because she was there to take care of him now. Plus it was only a day or so after she had her show. He did apologize and he meant it but he still did feel like he needed to still focus on his career.

When she handed his food to him he looked at her. "What?! Why not? You're just feeding him cause he's cute. But I'm cute too." He told her with a smile and began to eat. It hurt to eat, the motion of chewing hurt so it was good it was something fairly soft and easy to eat. It took him awhile to eat. He would have to stop every so often. "Mom is going to freak the f out if something is broken or seriously wrong..."

She won’t back into the bedroom to find a shirt and brought it out. She traded clothes slowly so he wasn’t in too much pain during the process. The pants were probably the word because he had to stand so she could get his pants off and then sit so she could get them off his ankles and put the new pants on and he had to stand again so she could pull them up.

“Because you can see out of your right eye and you know where your mouth is. He’s getting fed so he doesn’t make a mess.” She gave him another bite of sausage and waitedfor him to chew.

“She will. We don’t know what’s wrong. You just look bad. Maybe that’s all this is. Just the swelling. It’s your eye I’m more worried about. I want to make sure it’s not damaged. And you can still see.” She told him. “We won’t tell her we are going to the hospital that’s just going to freak her out. We will tell her when we get back.”

His ribs hurt but honestly it was his face that hurt the worst. His ribs were just mostly sore from what it felt like. "I think that piece of crap was trying to reinjure my ribs. He knew that was the worst injury I had." He shook his head. "Dirty fighter...." He could say a few other words but didn't.

"Yeah but I'm seeing double..." He told her to tease her. "I'm teasing. I can feed myself." He looked at Owen. "Is it good buddy? Did you get french toast too?"

"It's cause it's swollen babe. I'll probably be able to see once the swelling goes down. I'm always worse the day or two after." He took a drink of the smoothie from the straw. That was a bad idea making his face make that movement and facial positioning. He let out a groan and whimper.

"It looked like it. He kept going for the same spot." She told him.

"That's not funny." She said and kept feeding Owen. "Yeah well, we aren't waiting a day or two. We are going to make sure your eye is okay. Better now than in three days when we find out that it's too late to fix it. "Plus they might have something better for the pain and swelling. Or at least tell us if you'll be okay flying home."

Owen reached for Jake's smoothie and Adri grabbed his hand. "I can put it in a squeeze bottle so all you have to do is put in your mouth." She told him. "If you want it that bad. If you don't then Owen will take it."

"That's a jerk move. That makes me mad. I wish I would have knocked him out. He's going to want a rematch..." He warned her. "I hope you're ready for that."

Jake gave her a nod. "I sure hope they have something. I don't know if I'm going to like the pressure of the plane. Are we flying with a private jet?"

"He can have some but I do want some myself. I just can't use a straw. I can just put it in one of my shake cups. It has a bigger opening but I don't know if I can drink it all so give him some." Jake grabbed his shake cup and put half of it in the cup. "There he can have the rest." He handed it to Owen. "You like smoothies like dad huh? You are going to be dad's little fighter? After seeing me like this mommy may veto that idea."

“I’m most definitely not.” She said honestly.

“Yes. Private. The theee of us. My brothers, Amy and Luke. Your parents are flying out not to tomorrow but the day after. John wanted to show her some things.” She smiled. “Plus it’s New York during Christmas. You have to see the sights. I think he’s taking her to see the Rocketttes. We should take Owen to see Santa. If you aren’t feeling well and want to stay a day longer I don’t see why we couldn’t squeeze that in.”

Adri gave him some of the smoothie in a sippy cup and gave it to Owen. “I would much rather see him in t-ball.” She rubbed Owen’s cheek and smiled at him.

“I’m surprised he didn’t freak out when he saw you. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. He’s so used to seeing you like he knows how to act. And he isn’t afraid when half of your face is triple the size.”

"That's cool. It will be nice having our own plane. If Owen wants to run around he can or have his uncles to keep him busy." It would be nice for him too in case he was in pain.

"It's nice dad is taking some time for her. She appreciates it. It means a lot. I can tell." He smiled. "I want to do that
Let's take O to see Santa. He'd love it."

Jake stuck his tongue out. "Football. For the Broncos." He smiled.

He gave her a nod. "I was expecting a melt down. He probably knew from my voice and tattoos. He's a smart boy. My son is genius!"

“Do you want to go see Santa? We have to get you an outfit buddy. Yyou here gotta look handsome for you pictures.” She told him and gave him a kiss. “And you have to be ice to Santa. No crying.” She smiled and kissed his forehead.

“Baseball. No contact sports. For a while at least.”

She smiled and didn’t say anything to Owen being a genius. She kept giving him food until he pushed her hand away. French toast, sausage and a smoothie probably was a lot for him so she stopped.

“Are you ready?” She asked and held her hand out for his plate.

Owen lit up and kept saying "Ho. Ho. Ho ho." Jake laughed but it hurt to laugh.

He smiled. "We will see. MMA training is not a bad thing..."

Jake got up and put his hoodie on slowly. "I have to grab my wallet and phone." He pulled his shoes on then grabbed his stuff from the bedroom. He grabbed his smoothie and put his beanie on. "Ready. Are we shopping after?"

“Ho ho ho. That’s right. Santa” She smiled at Jake. “I think paw patrol did a Christmas episode.” She laughed.

“Karate is okay because it’s self defense but I’d rather have him in a no, or little, contact team sport.” She said. “Which means no MMA until he’s like 13 at least.”

She helped out his shoes on and put Owen’s beanie on his. She picked him up and the diaper bag. “If you’re up to it. The pain meds might be the kind that knock you on your butt all day.”

She looked at him and felt bad. “Did you want...SunglasseS?” She asked. “Up to you.” She didn’t think they would fit the more she thought about it. “Maybe daddy will get an eye patch and be a pirate Jake. That would be fun huh?” Owen leaned to go to Jake and caught Adri off guard so she had to drop the bag to keep Owen.

“Hey. No. Don’t do that.” She picked the bag back up and motioned for the door. “Let’s go.” She said. “The car should be warmed up and waiting.”

"He watched it if they had it. That kid had seen them all." He smiled.

"Jui-jitsu isn't striking. It's like high school wrestling. Rolling on the mat trying to do submissions. Compromise with that? It could help with flexibility. As long as he knows how to tap out unlike me then he'd be fine." Jake offered.

nodded. "Today I'm okay with those. I may have Casey see if Jimmy can get pushed back. I can't...I cant say I want a lot of people seeing me this bad." Even though Jake won he was hurting like he lost. It wasn't an easy fight but he did pull off the win. Romero made him work for it.

He grabbed the sunglasses to try they were too tight. "Baby I can take the bag." He walked out with her to the elevator.

"Your make up line needs a guy friendly make up to cover this up." He motioned his face. "It would go over well with fighters."

He got in the car and sat close to Owen so he'd be calm. His head laid back and he closed his eyes. "Do you hate my job right now?"

Make made a face, “Let’s start with t-ball and karate and work our way up from there.” She told him. She was compromising with karate. He could still practice with Owen when he was little. She had to look into everything else before she could decide.

She handed him the diaper bag, “If it gets too heavy let me know.” She told him. “Jake makeup would not hide that. It’s not a bruise. It’s just massively swollen. Make up wouldn’t help that.” She rubbed his cheek and touched his eye very softly.

“I’m not a fan of it right now. Just wait until your mother sees you.” She laughed. “Have fun explaining that.”

She told the driver to take them to the hospital and it was a pretty smooth ride. “Put your hood on. You’re going to give yourself a headache. I can see the sunglasses pressing into your skin.”

"Soccer...that's rather safe." He told her.

He smiled. "I was trying to be smart. But make up for bruises that is manly would go over well." He told her and winced when she touched it.

Jake shook his head. "Let's just not tell her. She may not want to know. We can tell dad and let him decide to tell her." He grinned. "Good thing Owen isn't older. I'd have no luck. He'd tell on me."

"I was only wearing them to the car." He took them off and put them in the diaper bag. He put his hood up to go in the hospital. He didn't have to say why he was there but was handed a clipboard to fill out. "I'll take him if you fill it out."

“But kids are so cute playing t-ball.”

She laughed at the trade off and took the clipboard. She set Owen on the floor next to Jake and Owen ran to the toys in the middle of the room. They were close and the room wasn’t too full so she was fine with Owen playing there.

She filled out the paperwork and gave it to the nurse. They had to wait a little bit before another nurse called Jake back. He had to go through the standard production to see how height and weight. The nurse asked him about what medication he was on and if he had any other symptoms.

The doctor came in and touched Jakes face and asked him to do certain vision tests and movement tests.

“On a scale of one to ten how bad is the pain?” He asked.

"He can play multiple sports babe. He can do anything he wants and with my genes he will be amazing at them all." He smiled proudly.

Jake kept an eye on Owen. "I got traded in for toys. I see how it is..." He didn't mind though. The boy was happy. The toys were different then at home.

"Probably an 8. It's pretty painful. It's partly the pressure too." Jake said. "It took me awhile to eat. I only took some over the counter pain meds. Then I'm just on vitamins and supplements. The worst is the top of my cheek bone by my eye socket. That pain is an 8. My ribs...like a 6."

“And you’ve has broken ribs before?” He asked and had Jake remove his shirt and jacket. The bruising on his ribs was really bad. He pressed down on Jakes ribs and watch his face for a reaction.

“With all of the welling around your face I can’t tell if it’s broken so I am going to send you for X-Rays. I think you have fractured your ribs again. Only an x-ray can tell for sure.”

While Jake was taken to x-rays Adri and Owen had to wait in the room. Jake was brought back and the x-rays took what felt like forever to process. She canceled her plans with nick because she wouldn’t have time with Jake being hurt and going home. They could make a YouTube video some other time.

Another doctor came in with Jakes scans and set them up on the light box, “so I can confirm the ribs are broken.” She said. “I’m am here for that face though. I want to check out your eye and make sure it’s working properly.

She shined a light in his eyes to check his pupils. She pressed around the swelling getting closer and closer to his eye to see how it felt. “You took quite a few punches to the face and there is a very small fracture to the cheek bone which is causing the swelling. Your eye is fine and it will return to it’s normal color soon. I don’t think I need to tell you to stay away from anything that could cause more damage to the area. The only thing that will help your ribs is rest. No lifting objects heavier than ten pounds.”

She touched his knee and looked at Adri. “Do you have any questions. I can’t do anything about the swelling but I can help with pain. It’s a very small fracture around his eye. Should be healed in no time since Jake is a healthy young man.”

"Yeah...I have. It punctured a lung..." He told him and then when he pushed on his ribs, Jake wince and let out a groan.

Jake looked at Adri, "I'm sorry you're spending your day here. I can just get another driver if you want to go back to the hotel." He offered to her.

"Are the ribs broken in the same spot as before?" Jake asked, if they were, he was going to be pissed. That was dirty freaking fighting. He knew though that his opponents would be trying to the advantage anyway possible. His injuries could continue to get worse or one bad injury could put him back a bit.

"I know you can't give me a definite time but what's your guess on how long before I can start training? With my eye and ribs. Even if it's just running..." He asked. He needed to have at least something to look forward to and aim for.

Jake thanked the doctor. He was familiar with swelling and he needed to keep it iced to help.

Back
Top Bottom