Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake smiled. "At least Adri is using the good looks you gave her." He smiled at her mom. Really all of the kids were successful in their own professional outlets.

After the song, he kissed Adri back before sitting back down. Her brothers liked it and thought it was clever. Owen was all proud when his mom said he did good. He cheesed a goofy grin.

John and Eileen got up next. The song came on and Amy and Jake just looked at each other with a shocked smile. It was 'Jackson' by Johnny and June Cash. The two had fun with the song. His dad loved Johnny Cash. Amy got emotional seeing the two together.

Adri smiled at the song and noticed Amy wipe away a couple tears. She nudged Jake and nodded towards Amy so he could see it too. It was sweet seeing how much they wanted to see their parents together. She hoped it worked out for them.

Once everyone had a turn and went a couple rounds they were ready for the next thing. Adri turned the TV on so they could see what movies ABC and ABC family were playing. Elf was on so Adri was happy watching that. There were a few other choices, including the streaming sites. They settled on Die Hard on cable.

Owen was getting sleepy and with all the energy he spent dancing, it didn’t take much to get him down. She took him upstairs to change his diaper and put him to bed. She turned on the baby monitor and went back downstairs.

She was able to curl up next to Jake with out Owen between them and enjoy the movie.

Jake looked at his sister and smiled. It was nice how far all of them have come since everything. Jake smiled at Adri. "We are adding this to the list too." He gave her a wink.

When Adri went to take Owen upstairs he gave him a kiss goodnight. While she was gone, Jake and a few of the brothers were arguing over whether or not Die Hard was in fact a Christmas movie. Jake and his dad both said yes. Drew and Aiden said no.

When Adri came back, he wrapped his arm around her. After a bit he nudge her for the blanket to put over them. Everyone was kind of snuggled up watching the movie.

"You did good beautiful. Is my girl happy?" He whispered to her and looked at her.

Adri nodded her head in agreement. They were adding this one too. They had too.

“I’m very happy.” She smiled and kissed him on the lips. “I feel like I have been waiting for this moment forever and now I don’t know what to do. Tomorrow we have breakfast and then we can have a snowball fight. Unless you want to take them somewhere. Is there a place where we can line dance? I think that would be really fun. We have to get them decked out first and then we can go dancing!” She laughed.

“What do you want to do? I know mom will want to start prepping everything in the dinner fridge. So Christmas dinner runs smoothly.” She said. She wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed happily.

Jake moved hair from Adri's face as she talked. He couldn't help but smile. He loved seeing her so happy. "You want to buy them country attire that will probably only wear once?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Do you know if they really want to do that?"

"We could go skiing. That seems more appropriate." He told her and rubbed her side.

"We can help your mom in the kitchen if we need to." He told her.

“Okay. You might have a point. But we are coming back in the summer. I am wearing my tiny shorts and flannel again and we are going line dancing. I need it! It was good for my soul.” She laughed. “And fun. So much fun.”

She nodded her head to skiing, “That sounds better and we got everyone the ll bean jackets and hats and gloves so that might be better.” She agreed. “Skiing and sledding. There has to be a place close by right? And our parents can sit in some log cabin and sip on coffee. That would be perfect.” She smiled and kissed his cheek.

“We could. For some reason she is being nice and letting people in the kitchen while she is working. That doesn’t happen. It never happens. We always got shooed out of the kitchen.”

He laughed. "You give me so much crap for being country. Deep down, I think you like it. I think you have an inner country girl dying to come out." He teased and gave her a kiss. "You do need to come back. I'll have to take you camping too. Or in the fall bring you to a high school football game."

"And Amy. Any won't be skiing or sledding. We honestly could just go sledding in this woods." He told her. "Otherwise there is probably a resort close but may be hard to get in with the holidays. I don't know." He kissed her shoulder.

He smiled and shrugged. "It's not Christmas yet. Maybe she is also trying to be respectful since it's technically not her kitchen. I don't know." He smiled and held her tighter. "I think everyone is happy so far. So that's good."

"I may attempt running outside tomorrow." He looked at Adri, "Want to join?"

“Well I am sleeping with a country boy so I do have some country in me quite a bit.” She whispered. “And it’s not little that’s for damn sure. Anything but little.” She winked at him and kissed his cheek. “High school football game? Why not go to a professional game? Isn’t there a basketball team? Or hockey? I like hockey.” She said. “Or your high school game. It doesn’t matter. I’ll take anything.” She smiled.

“Do we have sleds and stuff? Did you order those?” She asked because she knew she didn’t. “That would be nice for us to do during the day. Or let the guys go sledding and riding those brand new snow jet skis in the shed. The ladies can cook and bake and do whatever we need while you guys are out.” She said and rubbed his back.

She made a face at running outside. “In the snow? What if I fall?” She asked. But she did need to go out and do something that equates to working out. “I’ll give it a shot but I hurt myself you’re the one explaining to my agent why and how I got hurt.” She told him.

Jake just grinned when she mentioned having country in her. "Babe your parents and brothers are in the same room..." He whispered back. "I want to take you to where I went to high school babe. Where I played on the team. Not just any high school game." He rolled his eyes playfully. "Goof." He shook his head.

"Yes, I have sleds. I have some of the round ones and also a two person sled too." He told her. "I thought about it." He smiled. "Snow mobiles babe. They are snow mobiles. And we only have two. So who is fighting over the second one. I'm driving one." He smiled big and proud. "It is mine."

"If we run in the driveway it should be fine. It is what's plowed out unless we get new snow then we may have to do something else. We have to made a Rocky type of training montage while we are here. We have to. I can run, you drive car." He chuckled. "You won't get hurt. Well, I can't control your clumsiness.

“And they can’t hear us.” She laughed. “We are safe.” She nodded her head, “Okay. We can come back and do that in the fall. That would be fun. Maybe make a donation to the team so they can get gear or something. Donations from Reebok.” She shrugged her shoulder and looked at him.

“Ah. That’s the word! I couldn’t not remember that word for the life of me. Okay snow mobiles. We have two. Why did we only get two? I get the second one if you get the first. Is it pink or rose gold?” She asked.

“Is it going to snow on Christmas?” She wondered and grabbed her phone to check. It didn’t say anything about snow yet. She made a face and put her phone down. “We can do your montage and work out in the snow. You’re still explaining it to my agent though.”

Jake liked that idea of donating the school or team money. "I want to donate to the whole school. Other programs need money too. Like arts." He explained. "I want everyone to be able to get something they need with it."

Jake looked at her. "Because they were close to 15 grand. They are brand new. We could maybe find some used ones that are cheaper but we also don't have a lot of storage space in the garage Adge." He shook his head. "It's not pink. It is green and purple. Best I could do...sorry." He kissed her cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "I will tell him it was your idea and I just went along with it. Because you scare me." He smiled. "I still think he hates me so let's give him more reason to hate me." He kissed her shoulder.

Jake looked at the baby monitor as Owen rolled around. Max was laying on the floor next to him and perked up but laid back down when he stopped moving. "We don't need our nanny. We have Maximus."

“We can get a she’s built out back or something. But okay. Okay. I let you handle it. Maybe next year we will add two more.” She said. He was being smart and budgeting. That was smart since she went a little wild on the inside. She did make a face when he said he didn’t get a pink one. “Next year we get a pink one.” She told him.

She laughed, “He doesn’t hate you. He wishes he had more control of what we do but he doesn’t hate you. If I let him have control he would have us...I don’t even know. But we would never be out of the public light.” She shook her head.

She smiled, “Max is the beat dog.” She said softly. “He was put in our lives just for that boy.” She rubbed Jake’s leg.

“I want a charity for big dogs.” She said. They rescued Max from a shelter. She wanted to do more for dogs like him.

"In time yes we can. Two is fine for now babe." He told her. "We can take turns. We can ride with two people at a time. It will be fine." He looked at her. "We can't just drop a lot of money for one week a year. We have to be smart baby." He explained.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Yeah well we need to have control over our own lives. Especially when we are parents." He explained. "It's easy for him cause he isn't a parent. We have to put him first. Or at least I do. A lot of the decisions you've made, I feel you've made them on your own and you did it because you wanted to. Not because I made you. There is no making us do anything we don't want to do. We both are pretty strong headed."

"He really is. I'm kind of disappointed that I lost that dog but you're right I don't think he was ever actually ours." He smiled and rubbed her side.

Jake smiled, "I would love that. Like a rescue for big dogs? Let's get it started!"

“That’s why I keep you around.” She smiled. “Because you’re so smart with money. I’d be broke without you.” She kissed his cheek. “Would you love and support me if I spent all my money?” She joked.

“Mainly because I don’t think I could force you to do anything. Anything that I think your would like I bring to you and we decide as a team.” She said and shrugged her shoulder. “I like it better that way.”

She shook her head, “No I lost that dog. I picked him out. And then Owen came home and stole him from me. It’s all your fault.” She laughed. “Yeah. Just like that. I’ll look into it when we get home. Shouldn’t be that hard to get started, right?”

He gave her a look. "That's the only reason you keep me around?' He flexed his bicep and made his chest dance. "I think there's more to it then that." He gave her a kiss. "But you are right, I do keep you grounded in that aspect. And of course I'd still love you. I'd take your debit card from you but I'd still want to marry you."

"I do like that we can decide together. It is better that way and honestly when we talk about things, it is a lot easier and I have less issues. Right?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Plus I can't make you do anything either. We are both in this together or not at all right?"

He rolled his eyes. "Minor technicality. I wanted him as a running partner. That doesn't happen much. My next guy is going to be an active nut like me. Either my pit or a husky with blue eyes like mine." He wiggled his eyebrows. "After the wedding it is happening."

“Yeah that’s the only reason.” She teased after he did his little show. “Wouldn’t work Boo.” She tapped her temple, “Online shopping is a thing and it’s all in my head. I know all of my card numbers.” She rubbed his back and leaned against him.

“That’s right, Handsome. All or nothing.” She smiled.

She nodded her head agreeing, “Yes. You can have a pit or a husky or whatever else you want after the wedding.” She promised. “Another member of the family. Hopefully you get to keep that one. Or maybe I will steal him. Since you stole Rocky.” She made a face at him. “Rude.”

"I'll remember that the next time you bring up elephants." He told her. "I may have gotten it wrong, you do like my abs too. But don't lie, you like I'm as strong as I am."

He shook his head. "I won't let anyone steal my dog. You have yours. You have two. So I should get two." He shook his head. "I did not steal your dog. Your dog just likes cuddling with the big muscular guy. She is my cuddle bug. She is lazy and just wants to sleep. And I'm comfortable. That's all it is."

Stacy and Drew were quietly arguing and Jake nudged Adri to show her. Amy was also fast asleep which he also pointed out. "She's going to sleep a lot. I call it now."

Adri tried not to smile and looked over his body, “I guess it’s okay.” She laughed. She rubbed his abs and nodded her head slowly, “Okay. I guess that’s more than okay. That’s pretty damn hot. Maybe I do like you for more than one reason.”

“They were a package dea. I couldn’t take one and leave the other. That would have been mean.” She reminded.

She rolled her eyes, “How is hard muscle comfortable?” She asked. “She only uses you for your radiator like body heat.” She told him. “So don’t get too cocky about it. I will steal her back.” She warned.

She smiled at Amy, “Oh yeah. Every chance she gets. Even when she doesn’t want to go to sleep she’ll just crash.”

"You know that was a nice way to get you to rub my abs." He chucked. "It was pretty smooth I think." He kissed her cheek. "Then again we both know you'll rub my abs anytime I or you want."

He shrugged. "Maybe I'll find brothers that can't be separated. And I get to keep both. No stealing from either of you."

Jake narrowed his eyes at her. "Excuse me? You don't want to cuddle up with me? I'm not comfortable? What?" He raised an eyebrow. "We don't have to cuddle if you don't want to or I'm not comfortable." He teased.

"I don't blame her. I may be sleeping too you keep me following a tight schedule." Jake smiled and kissed her.

He nudged her again as he tried not to watch Stacy and Drew arguing. "I so win..."

“I cuddle up with you so I can be warm Boo. Or because your hogging the couch or bed.” She teased. “Right now I’m cuddling you because you’re warm and you wanted to share the blanket.” She smiled.

“Oh whatever. You can tap out whenever you want. You want to go upstairs and take a nap, go right ahead. Just not during a planned event. Like the gingerbread houses that will be made before we leave. Even if I have to make them all myself.”

Adri shook her head, “a That doesn’t count. It only counts when the entire family feels the rift. That hasn’t happened yet. Before Christmas I’m sure it will, but not this. Unless it carries on in to tomorrow.”

Jake just gave her a blank stare. "I will kick you out onto the floor. Don't tempt me. Rocky and I will cuddle. Her love doesn't come with strings attached." He told her with a grin. "But she does seem to like me more if treats are involved."

"It is getting later. We do have time difference but it means it is later here but in Vegas it wouldn't be this late." He looked at Adri, "Do you thin the time difference will effect Owen a lot?"

He gave her an unsure look. "I call it. It carries over. It will be a tense breakfast." He held his hand out to bet.

Rocky jumped up, gave Adri a look like she was in her spot before laying down next to Jake.

“In front of my family? Well behind my family, technically. You wouldn’t dare.” She raised an eyebrow when he said Rocky’s love didn’t have strings. “Exactly.” She said when he remembered she loved him more when he had a treat in her hand.

“Once all of his adrenaline was out from being surrounded by family and being in a new place he was out. Maybe he will adjust faster than we will. We will see tomorrow when it’s time to put him down for a nap. Or when we wake up. If he’s still down then we will have to wake him and risk the wrath of an angry baby.” She said and shrugged her shoulder.

Adri laughed, “Okay. This could be the end of them. Is that a bad present to ask Santa for?” She wondered. Adri rubbed Rocky’s paw and BamBam followed her up on the couch. Adri turned so Bam could lay on her stomach.

"Oh I would. I would explain how you just fell. I tried to catch you. But nope. You fell." He shrugged and smiled. "She still loves me though."

He looked at her and yawned. "He did kind of go to bed early. Well early for Vegas. Good time for Denver. Ugh. This is gonna be confusing." He nipped her neck playfully. "When do you think we can get some alone time in?"

"She just gave you the eye. Like you have her comfy spot." He wrapped his arms around Adri and snuggled in. He pet Bam on the head.

He looked at Adri. "What do I need to "put together of Owen's for Christmas morning?"

“Ass.” She laughed and nudged him.

She smiled and shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know. We can try to get some but I have a feeling it won’t be for long and it won’t be worth while.” She rubbed his cheek. “Someone is going to come knocking eventually.”

She rolled her eyes, “Hush. No she didn’t. She loves me.” She smacked his hand away when he was finished rubbing Bam. “You aren’t taking her too.” She told him.

“The train set. The car need to be charged. He does have a few toys that need batteries. And there are a few more things. Maybe that is when we can get our free time. Sound good?”

He laughed and when she nudged him, he loudly said, "Ow babe why did you hit me?"

"Adriana!" Her mother said and Jake just smiled.

He sighed when she explained they probably wouldn't get a lot of time alone. "Then you need to learn to be quiet." He told her softly. "It's only fair." .

"Babe...don't be mean. She looks cute and wants love from her daddy." He scratched her head. "She may find that her daddy is comfy too." He shrugged.

He sighed. "That's work. Not alone time babe. Did you get a case of batteries?"

Back
Top Bottom