Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I’m hoping everyone is full of Christmas cheer and there will be no drama.” She laughed. “Two days tops.”

She watched Owen eat the meat and vegetables. He was eating most of his food so she would be fine if he didn’t eat the rice.

“We can do gingerbread houses.” Her brother all groaned at the same time and she rolled her eyes.

“You’re the only person who likes doing that!” Andre told her.

“The only one with the patience too.” Adian corrected.

“They’re pre-built. We just decorate. Just don’t eat the decorations!” She told them both. “If you would let me finish, we can have a snowball fight. We can sit back and watch movies...with some hot cocoa...?” She gave her mom a questioning look and she nodded her head her.

“We have a karaoke machine downstairs too all set up to the big TV. We can go down there and do a mix of everything.” She offered and her brothers seemed excited about that idea.

“Can we take a group picture too?” Adri asked and pulled out her phone. “I’ll send it to everyone.” She said and turned so she could get everyone in the picture for a dinner selfie. She sent it to everyone and then posted it to Instagram with the caption, ‘The beginning of my favorite holiday #MerryChristmas’

He thought about it with a smile. "Tomorrow, by lunch." He smiled and motioned to Stacy before kissing Adri to seal the deal on the bet. "Winner gets what? Back massage?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Jake looked at Adri. "I like eating gingerbread houses. Does that count?" He smiled and shrugged. He was up to do whatever everyone else wanted to do. Movies did seem good to wait till a better night when everyone was tired.

"Push the alcohol if everyone is singing. We need to get out parents in on this." He whispered to Adri with a smile.

“I would be happy winning or losing with that on the table.” She laughed and nodded her head.

Her brothers were all okay with the idea of karaoke. As long as Jake and Adri didn’t go lovey doves like they did at the bar. That would be easy enough. There weee a world of songs out there. They could have a lot of fun.

She got up and topped everyone’s drinks off. Her mom wasn’t drinking because she wanted to be sober enough to watch Owen and she didn’t want Amy to be sober alone. The idea was not to get everyone drunk. Just happy. She wanted everyone to be happy.

She sat back down and sipped on her drink while she ate. They all talked and told stories about previous Christmas’s and traditions they had. Like when they were younger and their mother would dress them up in lederhosen and a drindle for Adri and go caroling. They made it sound like it was the worst thing in the world but they did have fun and most people would happily listen for a song or two.

He was glad she was down for the bet. "Same but I do hope we are both wrong." He smiled.

Jake's song selection to sing would be different with their families present. He would have to think of a good song.

Amy told stories how they would make cookies and watch Christmas movies. "I remember a radio. I think it must have been your CB from the trucks. And the drivers would talk about the cops following this red sleigh flying from house to house and then you'd randomly hear bells." Jake shared.

"I don't remember that." Amy said.

"I do. I hurried off to bed right after that. I didn't want Santa to know I was awake." He smiled and looked at Adri.

"I'm sure plenty of cookies will be made. And just wait until you taste mom's hot chocolate. You will die and go to heaven." Adri assured her. She didn't want to make Eileen feel bad though. She didn't want to talk up her mom and her mom's cooking too much. Eileen was welcome int he kitchen to cook something special for Christmas if she wanted.

"Wow. Sneaking around Santa. I'm surprised you were on the naughty list." She teased.

He was." Amy said from across the table. Soon Owen stopped eating and Adri got up to clean him off. She took him back to her seat so Amy could eat without having to bother with Owen. "Enjoy eating while it lasts. This one always wants food. He could be eating his own food and will want what is on mine or Jake's plate. And you're about to have one of these." She kissed the top of Owen's head and tickled his sides.

"O and I are going to go check the machine and get it ready for you guys. I think while you guys start the fun, I will wash the dishes. How about waffles for breakfast?" She asked. "Waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh orange juice? Sound good to everyone?" She thought waffles would be easiest because all she had to do was cook the batter and put it in the machine. Her mom would probably help with everything else cooking wise.

"Sugar cookies we can decorate? That was fun. Mom would get mad cause I would put too much icing and sprinkles on my own. Her sugar cookie recipe is so good." Jake was trying to make her mom feel included and welcome. She was just more shy then Adri's mom. She'd come out of her shell and the fact the two couples got together made Eileen feel more welcome and liked she belonged and was liked.

He made a face at Amy. "I was not. I got gifts and no coal." He made a goofy face at Amy.

Jake agreed Owen ate a lot. "He isn't super picky either. I almost wish he was so I could eat my own food. All your bananas are free game. I haven't had a full banana around him since he started walking into the kitchen.

Owen looked at Jake. "Nana? Nana?"

"No you don't need a banana right now. See..."

Jake agreed that sounded like a good breakfast. He gave her a kiss before she got up. "Want any help baby?"

“Yeah! Eileen will you make us some sugar cookies? We have a range of cookie cutters. It would be so much fun. Maybe if us could decorate gingerbread houses and some can decorate cookies?” She asked and that seemed to be a better idea.

“Maybe a little later for dessert. And we are still trying to keep him mostly sugar free. So let’s not over do it on sweets. He just his teeth. No point in rotting them out right now.” She squeezed Owen’s cheeks and smiled at Jake.

“That would be nice.” She said to Jake’s offer of help. She took Owen downstairs to turn on the TV and karaoke machine. Aidan and Alex walked in and took over from there. Drew came in and they had a few minutes to whisper about their present before other people started to come in.

Adri went upstairs to start the water in the sink so could start rinsing dishes and putting them in the dish washer.

Eileen smiled and gave a nod. "It makes a huge batch so I will never help and everyone to be willing to eat."

"Mom...I never struggle to eat those. I struggle not to eat them." Jake chuckled.

"And I'm pregnant so I eat everything." Amy shared.

"I'll help decorate. And Owen can have some. A cookie a day won't hurt. Just during Christmas." Jake shared. "He may not even eat the while thing."

He went with Adri to clean up the kitchen. With the dishwasher it wasn't too hard to clean up. He then joined everyone downstairs. "Alright Adge...what are you singing?"

"A cookie a day. Fine." She sighed but she knew he would sweets would eventually corrupt him. Her family wouldn't care and would stuff him full. A bite here and there as if Adri wouldn't notice.

She smiled and shrugged her shoulder, "I have a few songs in mind. I don't know if they are doing a theme or what." She said and walked with him to the entertainment room. She sat on a love seat and patted the spot next to her. She leaned against Jake and watched her parents sing their wedding song. It was sweet to watch them sing together even though her father couldn't sing. He was trying.

She smiled at Jake and kissed his cheek. "I have to make sure they play this at the wedding." She said softly.

"What song are you going to do?" She asked.

Jake also didn't want Owen to eat a lot of sweets. Together as a family they didn't eat it a lot. It was a holiday so Jake's diet was also out the window. Once they got back home it was back to their normal routine. "I'll help keep an eye on him." He promised her.

He sat next to Adri and wrapped his arm around her. "I'm sure that won't be a problem. We will add it to the list." He told her with a smile. "I thought we weren't supposed to lovey dovey though?"

"I don't know yet. Country, rock, or a love song?" He asked for advice.

“I guess they get a pass since they birthed us and we can’t tell them no.” She laughed.

“I’m going Disney. For my boy. He loves Disney. I just have to pick one.” She thought about it and shrugged her shoulder. “You should do something unexpected.” She told him. “Like Beyoncé Or Rihanna or something. That would be funny.” She nudged him.

“I’m going to top everyone’s drink off to keep them happy so you think of a song and I’ll be right back.” She kissed his forehead and went to make the drinks. She came back and poured the mix into everyone’s cup. Amy got her special one and adri day back down with the rest of it.

“So?”

Owen was standing by Adri's parents as they sang and he danced around. He was bouncing his butt and spinning around. "Uh oh we have a dancer." He laughed.

"How about Queen?" He asked. "I could tap into my inner Freddie Mercury." He smiled. "There are so many songs to pick from." He kissed her cheek.

Owen smiled at his grandparents when they finished. He was the center of attention and the next year there would be two boys running around.

“Good. Get some of that energy out.” She checked the time on her phone and watched Owen bounce around in his little dance.

“Ooh. Queen would be a good one. You should do Queen! You have to get that hip push thing down.” She laughed. “You should do Queen though. So many songs...which one should you do. Break Free? That’s a good one.” She said. “Or We Will Rock You.”

Andre was up next and did a song from Hamilton. “We got him tickets and a PlayBill signed by Lin Manuel Miranda. I bet he is going to cry on Christmas.” She whispered to Jake. “And that took a lot of strings to pull.” She laughed.

Owen stood there and during the Hamilton song tried to twerk. Jake looked at Adri. "That's you. Only you. Your fault. Not mine." When people finished he clapped and smiled like he was the star.

"I thought of 'Don't Stop Me Now' or 'We Are The Champions.' But I'd change it to 'I am the champion." He chuckled and shrugged. "What are you thinking?"

"Wow must be nice. We haven't been to a show. We should go. Next time we are in New York, let's make it happen." He told Adri.

Adri twerked in her chair and stuck her tongue out at Jake, “He for it from his momma!” She teased.

“That’s a good one. I am the champion. Be a little cocky.” She laughed. “I like that. You do that.” She smiled.

“I was going to do a Disney but now I don’t know. I have to go through my playlist.” She smiled. Her face light up and she smiled. “I know exactly what song I am going to do. You want to go after me or before me?” She asked Jake.

“We are next.” She called as Stacey got up to perform her song.

"Yeah but he has my booty though..." He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. "He is better than you though. Sorry." He teased.

Jake shrugged. "While I'm the champion I'm going to use it to my advantage." He told her. "I worked fucking hard." He said softly. "You just wish you were this good." He grinned.

He kissed her softly. "You can go first. What song is it?" He asked. "What is Stacy gonna do?" His eyes widened.

“Wow! Never twerking for you again. Ass.” She laughed and crossed her arms.

“You have worked very hard Boo. You deserve to be a badass and sing you are the champion.” She smiled. “My brothers are going to harp on you so bad for that though. Just wait and see.” She patted his thigh.

“You’ll see when I start singing. It’s a good one.” She looked at Stacey and looked at Jake, “God who knows. Some stripper song I’m sure.” She groaned. She wanted to call Owen over but he was having fun dancing around.

Stacey picked her song and the beat for Sexy Back started to play.

He laughed. "He just has your skill with my booty." He shrugged. "Don't be mad babe. I love it." He gave her kiss.

Jake gave her a look. "And I can take all of them. So what? Should I go with the other song?" He asked her.

It was not surprising to him she picked the song she picked. He gave Adri a look with a smile. "Does she know I never left? Sexy back. I'm sexy. I never left." He joked and chuckled at his lame cheesy joke.

Owen came over and pointed to Adri's cup. "Rink! Rink!" He was thirsty from his dancing. "I'll get you something buddy. Juice or milk?"

“There is no doubt in my mind that you can beat them all up. No do your song. I want to see the look on their face when you sing I am the Champion.” She bumped into him and kissed his cheek.

“You’re annoying Boo. But you’re right. Sexy never left. You are marrying it.” She stuck her tongue out. “How do you like that?” She laughed.

“Milk Daddy. Warm milk. Let’s knock this little guy out.” She smiled and opened her arms for Owen. She kissed his cheeks and tickled his sides. She kept him close so he would go running towards Stacey.

"Have your phone ready. Just not sure I sent you to post it online. The media would rip me apart." He told her before nudging her.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh my gosh. Seriously? You are something else. You're lucky I love you." He shook his head. "My fiance is pretty sexy. I won't deny that."

Jake got up going upstairs to get him some warm milk. He came back with a spill proof sippy cup. "Here buddy." Jake sat back down next to Adri.

“No they won’t. You worked damn hard to be champion. You can have some fun. And if they do then I will fight them all and I’ll win via knock out.” She said.

“You’re pretty sexy too, you know?” She kissed his cheek and watched him walk off to get milk.

Owen grabbed his cup and drank heavily. Adri passed him off to Jake when Stacey was down with her song. She pickdd her song and then grabbed the mic. “I figure since we are Denver and it’s Owen’s first time seeing snow it’s only right I sing this.” She said and pushed play.

What’s This’ started to play and she sang along.

"You're going to knock everyone out? Damn. Get it baby. Just punch right so you don't break your hand." He smiled. "But thanks babe. That means a lot you'd knock everyone out."

He smiled. "Thanks babe." They were two good looking people. That helped them be so popular and be fans relationship goals.

Owen snuggled back with Jake a moment then climbed down off of him to go dance since his mommy was singing. He thought that was the best that his own mom was singing. Jake recorded part of it with O dancing. "Mommy singing karaoke and Owen dancing like no one's watching." He posted online.

“I’ll knock anyone who says anything back about you out. I promise you that. Should I put that in my vows? I’ll put it in my vows.” She promised. “Always and forever your back up.

Adri smiled at Owen and danced with him. When her song was over she picked him up and gave him a kiss. She let him have the mic and he copied everyone else and talked into it. Then he wanted to get down and dance and sing at the same time. There was only one song he really knew and that was the paw patrol theme song so Adri put that on and he sang along and shook his hips to that.

Then it was Jake’s turn and he had to get the mic out of Owen’s death grip.

Jake just smiled at her and shook his head. It was little things like that, that made him fall deeper in love with her. "You better put it in. You definitely are my ride or die."

"I got skipped over by my own son. But he could have a career in singing and dancing. That's good. He can support mommy and daddy after we retire." Jake told him and tickled his belly.

Eileen smiled, "Jake we know you'll never retire. Not completely. You can't stay still long enough. You'll be 80 and still training fighters." Jake couldn't deny that. It was his personality for sure.

"Alright...we have royalty coming at ya." He turned on 'We Are the Champions' he sang it correctly except for a few spots saying 'I am the champion.' At the end he added the 'of the world' like Live Aid. He even danced around a bit just like Freddie Mercury would with the mic. Owen tried to do what his daddy did.

“Careful. Mom might just love that.” Adri said when Jake said Owen could become a professional singer and dancer.

“Only one of my children put my hard work and money to music.” Maria said faking an annoyed tone. She was speaking about Aidan who lived in LA and was a vocal coach and songwriter.

Adri rolled her eyes and shook her head. “We love you mom.” She told her and got a hand wave brushing her off. Which made Adri laugh.

Adri recorded Jake and Owen doing their thing. She thought it was adorable. Jake’s Mini-Me doing what he did. It was Instagram worthy and she would shut down everyone who had something negative to say before she went to bed.

“That was great Boo!” She told him and kissed him on the lips. Owen came running over and she kissed him too. “You too Baby Boo. You did a great job dancing around.” She said and tickled his chin.

Back
Top Bottom