Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He laughed. "He may thank us for that. He may get more of them to notice him now." He chuckled and shrugged. "He just portrays a fighter on TV. He needs to remember he isn't a real one so he better be careful."

"It will have to be after our nephew is born and when she feels comfortable leaving him. It will be a fun trip to surprise her. She would get so excited. I may have to film her. This could he epic." He laughed. "Good idea babe." He caressed her finger with his thumb.

He rolled his eyes to her not being jealous. "Lies. You get jealous. In a cute healthy way." He smiled before it fading a bit and shrugging. "Yeah well...a lot of the people in my life always thought I wasn't good enough so I wanted to become the best. I didn't let women or anything get in the way of it. If I fell in love it could effect how I fight if it ended..." He shrugged. "Or at least I thought that. Plus you know it was hard to let people in. It took you to do that." He smiled and kissed her hand.

"Mousse sounds good. Maybe a second of something fruity too. I feel fruity..." He chuckled and shook his head. "I never said that."

“Or right before he is born. But then she won’t be able to ride the rides. She’s due in May right? Yeah. It might be best to just wait until after.” She shrugged her shoulder, “She will still love it.” She smiled.

“I’m so not jealous.” She smiled at him. “It helps that I was your assistant. I kind of forced you to open up after a while. And I’m good at reading people.”

She laughed at him, “Oh goodness. I don’t think we are going to get fruity here.” She said and looked over the menu. “The cheese board has fruit on it.” She told him. “Do you want to do that and mousse?”

"Will we have time before our wedding? We have a lot going on this year." He smiled and rubbed his hands together. "I can't wait for all the fun! I need to get a hold of Dana and map out my fights. I need to know when I need to train. I don't want to be training around my bachelor party but if I have to...I have to. It's work." He held her hand and smiled at her.

He gave her a look. "Maybe not of her but you have been jealous before." He shook his head. "How far have we come, individually and as a couple from then. I really had to get to know you before I let you in a tiny bit." He looked in her eyes. "I remember when we were on our first official date, Amy called, I expected you to jump to conclusions and you didn't. I knew then you were pretty awesome." He smiled.

He shook his head. "Nah...just the mousse. Maybe I'll run through and get myself a smoothie to top it all off with." He smiled proudly at his idea. "Can we make sure our chef makes good smoothies?" He chuckled. "You realize that's one reason I kept you as my assistant. Your smoothie making skills." He chuckled.

“Maybe a little. I told Dana. It to schedule a fight a month before the wedding. Then he hit me back with I can schedule when I want but he won’t be rolled down the aisle in a wheel chair. And that was good enough for me.“ she smiled.

She rolled her eyes, “I don’t get jealous.” She grumbled. “I didn’t know it was Amy. I didn’t know who was on the phone. Now if you got up and left after the phone call I wouldn’t have been happy. But you had some sense in you.” She teased.

She ordered the mousse with two spoons and their plates were cleared out. “I was the best assistant you ever had. THAT is why you kept me around. I stayed through all of your hissy fits and meltdowns. The only one to stick it out too.” She laughed.

“Even after you yelled at me the first time we ever met. God you were an asshole.”

Jake looked at her confused and offended. "Freaking seriously? Not in a wheel chair? And that's fine for you? I could have stitches or a broken leg and you're fine?" Jake raised an eyebrow.

"But you didn't jump to conclusions either. At least not to me you didn't. Maybe your head." He chuckled. "Would I have gotten another date if I left? I got mad cause even our first date had us pushed to our limit. My sister called and then we go to the fountain and get swarmed by fans." He chuckled and shook his head.

He gave her a look again. "I think you're talking about our son. I don't have hissy fits or melt downs. Let me ask this...do you have things you like done a specific way for the runway. Like Fashion week. And does it stress you out if its not done the right way? If you ruined my work outs and training and I lost a fight that's my livelihood. It paid my bills. What I ate could change my weight or make me sick. If I didn't have my dry cleaning done right, I could break out. Get my gist here babe? The reason I was a bit of a jerk which I'll admit, but I had so many quit I needed to know you could handle it. Plus...people want to get close to make a quick buck. Instead you got close so I'd put a ring on it." He teased and kissed her softly.

He took a sip of wine. "I love our story. We've come a long way for sure." He smiled. "When do you want to do our road trip of my road out of Denver to Vegas?"

"I figured that meant no broken bones. You will be able to stand there and support yourself. That I am okay with. I am not okay with anything being broken. Especially ribs because it will not be a fun honeymoon if you have broken ribs." She said and thought about it, "hat is what you should be thinking about. Your physical health could limit the honeymoon and you're the one that wants to go hog wild for that. So you stay healthy and out of pain."

She laughed, "Our first date was a little wild. Wildest first date I have ever been on." She smiled remembering. "Are you calling that the official date because you said I didn't have to hide my face and you were ready to announce it to the world?" She asked. "We had plenty of Chipotle dates before then." She reminded.

"Do I need things done a certain way before a fashion show, yes. When I first started, you could have put it a lot nicer not to talk to you while you were in the octagon. And that was the first time I made you the best damn smoothie of your life. I made two and let you pick which flavor. That was above and beyond. I did so much research before I even took that job." She shook her head. "I was not going to get fired. I told myself I would work for you for one or two years and then go to college or something."

She shook her head, "That is not why I got close to you. And for the record Andre' told me not to take the job because he was afraid something like this would happen. He knew your habits and he didn't like you. He said you were going to use me. He didn't know about the assistants in the past. he only knew your party history."

"I could stand on my own with every injury I've had since we have met. But...very valid point on the honeymoon. The last time we talked about it, you didn't even want my face a little bit messed up for photos so I'm just shocked." He chuckled. "It is a crazy turn of events."

He gave a nod with a big smile. "We started that Chipotle tradition way early. I like that. It is only fitting that we are having them at our reception. We should call their corporate to let them know where to send the food. I want to do a commercial for them and get free bowls for life. Them and Powerade. I need their endorsements." He told her with a smile.

"I told you before. I needed to know you could handle it and was here for the job and not to rich and famous." He told her. "Truth was you never even needed me babe."

Jake looked confused. "Use you for what? You held out on me for a long time..."

“I want you stand there without pain meds. The ceremony is an hour at least. We are dancing all night. I don’t want to hear any complaints from you. Dana also said I am not allowed to dictate when he sets fights.” She rolled her eyes. “I have no control but I was assured you wouldn’t be fighting before our wedding.“ she shrugged her shoulder. “It’s the best I could get. I had to take it.”

She laughed, “They probably would put you in a commercial. Don’t they do super owl commercials?” She asked. “Maybe it’s in your future.” She laughed. “We do need to go down there and figure out how they are doing catering. I need it to look good. Not just buffet style.” She told him.

She smiled, “I needed you. I wouldn’t be here without you. I love you and the support you have given me.” She told him. “You use me for smoothies ...for the rest of my life. You see, you’re using me.” She teased.

Jake just smiled and couldn't help but chuckle. "You hate you were shut down and told no. And I love it." He laughed. "He will seriously try to do what he can but I'm not planning on getting hurt or losing. I'm sick getting hurt like I have. I need to train better." He confessed.

He shrugged. "Seems right. I could do a Super Bowl commercial. I would love it. Do you think our children will love the things we do? Like Owen will go to school and be all like...'My dad was on a Chipotle commercial,' every time he eats at Chipotle or will he just be pissed it wasn't a toy company instead like Nerf?" He chuckled. "What is wrong with buffet style? I could make my own bowl! Babe please?" He smiled.

"I've only ever wanted you to be successful and happy." He told her and meant it. "I just am happy that you've chosen me to share your life with." He smiled and rolled his eyes. "You better bring me smoothies in the nursing home. I don't need much to drink those." He smiled.

The waiter brought their dessert and two forks. Jake thanked him and smiled at Adri.

She rolled her eyes. “I’m glad you like my misery.” She joked. “You’ve been training hard and you have been fighting some really thought opponents. It would be nice if you didn’t get hurt as badly but you have been wining and I can’t complain because you could get hurt much worst.” She said. “As long as you can give me a hug and kiss after every fight I will be happy.”

She laughed, “No. He’s not going to like Chipotle or anything that we like when he is in his moody phase. We won’t be I’ll but we will be hot.” She smiled. “That’s all that matters.”

She shook her head, “No buffet. I want someone making the food fresh and more people serving that fresh food.”

“Nursing home? I’ll trade you in for a new fit UFC fighter by then.” She teased. “No we will have live in maids. I’ll still make you smoothies. We will be old and grumpy.” She laughed. “Can’t eat anything but smoothies. It’ll be great.” She teased.

She used her spoon to offer him a chocolaty bite with a few gold flakes on top.

"I always set personal goals for myself. I'm just tired of hurting and the slow time back into working out again. I like working out. It make me feel healthier and better. Injuries just frustrate me. At least when I work out I can eat junk food and just work it off. It's also mental. I know the closer we get the more stressed out we both will get just with anticipation and that everything goes the way it should. Working out will help relieve stress and make me happier." He explained. "I can't do that if I'm hurt. Plus it would be nice to come out with just some cuts and bruises."

He shrugged. "Fine more Chipotle for me. Watch he won't even like cake at the reception. Ass." He shook his head.

"It's my wedding. I'm making my own bowl. That's all there is to it." He smiled. "I'm sure they will let me. But we can ask for them to send some workers. They will get paid and tipped well."

Jake shook his head. "You will not. You couldn't handle another fighter. I don't care if I'm blind and in a wheel chair. I'll fight them. And win." He took a drink and smiled at her. "I'm adding that in my vows. That there is no one else I want to be eating smoothies with when we are ninety." He chuckled and gave her a wink.

Jake tried the piece she fed him and gave a nod. "Mmm that is good. Really good. Good choice baby."

“Maybe another trainer?” She asked. “Luke and the guys do a great job. I’m not saying replace but maybe find another form of karate to practice that might help with reflexes or flexibility or something.” She wanted to give good advice but she didn’t really know what to say. She was trying though.

“You’re not the only one eating Chipotle. I’ll probbaky get a bowl or burrito to go because I’ll be too busy dancing and having fun to eat.” She stuck her tongue out at him and laughed. “That better not be the thing you are most excited about.” She warned. “I will take it away.” She told him.

“You like it?” She asked when he said it was good. “That’s good because that’s the only bite you’re getting.” She laughed and pulled it closer to her to eat. She winked at him. She dipped her spoon in it again and offered it to him but ate it herself before he could close his lips around her spoon. “Love you.”

Jake thought about it. It wasn't a bad idea to get someone to work on flexibility. "Maybe a nutritionist too to make sure I'm getting the vitamins and everything I need and what I do take is approved through UFC to take. I think in part it's just how the injuries happen. You get punched in the nose just right it will break no matter what you do..." He shrugged. "I just have to get faster on my feet so I don't get hit." He chuckled.

"It's my wedding and Chipotle agreed to do the wedding because of me. I am eating as much as I want at our wedding. You can have some too but I'm eating what I want. If people go home hungry from our wedding, it will be their own fault." He thought about it with a small grin. "You know...It's not the thing I'm most excited about, but trust me love, I'm excited about it. Should we just have them bring chicken, steak and veggies? None of that other new stuff they have? And you will NOT take it away. I'll take your Rolls away." He stuck his tongue out at her.

He gave a nod as he finished chewing it. "Hey. Why you being a butt?" He scooted closer to her. "I will take you down to the ground. I don't care if we are in public or not." When she took the next bite he looked at her and shook his head. "I can't believe you. He grabbed his fork and got his own bite. "Now what?"

“I can help you work on speed and reflexes. I’ll spank you and run until you catch me.” She laughed. “Then you’ll be ready. It’s the little things I can do to help you. Just make sure I get credit when you do your post fight interviews.”

She frowned, “They we’re congratulating the both of us with all of the times we were caught coming out of Chipotle with a bag of food. They only agreed is because they promised to fulfill my demands. Food for the staff and I need it to fit in with a castle wedding!” She told him. “Remember that. And you aren’t taking my Rolls away. You wouldn’t dare.” She laughed.

“I would love to see you try.” She chuckled when he threatened her. When he moved over she though he was going to tackle her. “Don’t you dare!” She relaxed when he was just scooting over to her. “That’s the last one you’ll get.” She teased.

She gave him a kiss. “Thank you for a beautiful night. You sure want ice cream after this?”

Jake rolled his eyes. "Didn't we do that the last fight? You jumped on me and I had to get you off or something?" He shook his head. "I love you are willing to help." Jake really did appreciate how supportive she was and he seemed to feel like they were in a good place in their relationship.

He shook his head. "No the Chipotle was because of me. Because that's MY go to after the fight. You'd ask what I want to eat and it's Chipotle. Yes we have our post fight Chipotle date but that's besides the point. You get whatever you want on everything else with this wedding. I wanted Chipotle and to pick out my own tux. Those were the two things I wanted say on. Everything else doesn't matter. I just want you to be happy cause women dream of these weddings since they were kids. Us guys don't. We just want fed and to be comfortable." He laughed. "I wouldn't?" He raised his eyebrow about the Rolls.

"Which this all reminds me...we should figure out how the tables would be set out so you can begin that lovely seating chart now so we don't have issues with that later. Get it done as soon as you can then not have to look at it again." He told her.

Jake just grinned. "Oh I would. Don't you dare test me. I'll do it." He chuckled and gave her a kiss back. "You are welcome. I love our nice little trip away." He kissed her softly before nipping her bottom lip. "Ice cream no. Smoothie...I could always go for a smoothie." He smiled proudly before stealing another bite.

"What's our plans when we get back to the cottage? Do you want to go straight back...or drive around a bit?"

She nodded her head, “Yes we did. And I think it worked. And now I get to slap that ass so I will do it more often when you least expect it. All in the name of training. I’m such a good fiancé.” She said cockily.

“You know what just for saying that I don’t want to hear any complaints. Chipotle is yours. You do what you want but the rest of the wedding is mine all mine!” She raised her eyebrows at him, “You mean WE because WE are doing the seating chart together. And we have to wait until we get RSVPs back. We have some but not nearly enough to justify a seating chart yet.”

She thought about it, “We can drive around a bit while we drink our smoothies. Let’s walk around Downtown. See what they have. Maybe be a normal young couple and go to the bar.” She smiled. “Wouldn’t that be cool?”

He rolled his eyes. "Like you need a reason to touch my ass. You do it now when I least expect it. What do I get to do to you when I catch you? Lick your cheek?" He chuckled.

Jake shook his head. "You wouldn't do that cause you want my input. Most of the time we are on the same page anyway. I don't mind most things. It's not like I'm going to throw a fit about the flowers." He smiled and stole another bite. "But who knows, I may now just to be mean." He sighed. "When did we say the deadline was? We can start with our immediate family."

He looked at her confused. "I'm not getting a smoothie and a drink. We can just walk around downtown. It's cold though babe..." He warned her. "I will only have a drink though. I'm driving."

"Nope. I will be your personal reflex trainer!" She smiled at her new title. "Yeah. ou don't lick uke when he hits you. You can't lick me. You just get to feel secure and comfortable when you are in the octagon that your reflexes are in tip-top shape."

She shrugged her shoulder, "No, no. No going back now. You said it, the wedding is mine because I have been dreaming about it since I was little. You get the tux and Chipotle." She told him. "Well, we know that they are all sitting together. That's not very hard." She told him. "Babe we get married in September. The RSVP deadline isn't until mid-July. We have time. The invites might not even be out yet. Just the Save the Dates." She said and thought about it. She would have to check her phone. "Yeah, invites don't go out until May. Six weeks later is the deadline and six weeks after that we get married." She smiled. "I know my wedding."

"That is why I am marrying a furnace." She smiled. "Come on, I won't be so cold if I have a drink in my system. We can get your smoothie and walk around. We can still find something fun to do I am sure. I just want to show you off before we go home."

Jake just grinned, rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Sure. Don't expect to get paid though, cause you won't." He chuckled. "This is totally different. This is an unorthodox way of training so all normal rules go out the window. You will get licked. Just wait." He chuckled.

"I'm not going back on what I said. I just know you. You'll ask my opinion." He finished his wine. "Okay. I just thought while we were here we could get the lay out of how the tables will be. But that works. I'll let you figure it out with six weeks before the wedding. No problem. You claim to have it under control." He smiled.

"We can go to the bar. I don't mind. One drink is plenty for me." Jake got up to leave with her. "We could probably keep our car parked and just walk around and find some place." He offered to help her with her coat before putting his own on and walking out with her. "What kind of drink do you want?" He asked her as the walked, his arm around her. "Why do you want to show me off?"

“No need. I will do it for free. No actually my payment will be seeing you win.” She said and clapped him on the back. “Was that cheesy or what? I think that was perfect.” She laughed.

“We are doing the seating chart together or I’m hiring the people that do seating charts for the award shows.” She warned him.

“Yeah but if you want a smoothie we should get you one. I don’t want to crash that plan.” She thanked him when he helped with her coat and she fixed a lapel on his coat when he had it on. She wrapped her arm around his waist and looked at him like he was crazy, “hello! Because you’re crazy hot and you’re mine and I love you.”

“You know I can’t hold my liquor. I think some fruity will do. One fruit drink to help combat the cold and then we can just chill out and walk around. It’s a beautiful night. We can see the stars! Might as well enjoy some it while we can.”

He just smiled and blinked at her a moment. "And you say I'm cheesy..." He shook his head. "You're so cute."

Jake smiled. "Together or not at all huh? Okay. I do think we need to put the single fighters by the Victoria Secret Angels." He smiled proudly. "If they get matched up...it will be because of us. What do you think?"

It made Jake feel good she was proud of him and to be his. He gave her side a small rub. "We can get it for the drive home. I'm kinda full at the moment." He walked with her and smiled. It was nice to just be out and not bombarded with fans. He gave her a small kiss. "I love you..."

"We can find a place to park and look at the stars with some music. That could be fun...We need to come back when it's warmer for sure." They found a little hole in the wall bar. "How about this place?" He asked, nudging towards the bar.

“We could do that.” She said and nodded her head, “Yeah. We can do that.”

She agreed to getting smoothies after walking around. That would be best. “I love you too.” She smiled and hugged him as they walked.

She walked into the bar and went from holding his side to holding his hand. It was a typical bar but at the front of the room was a microphone for some karaoke. There was already a lady up there singing a country song. Adri smiled at Jake, “What will it take to get you up there?” She asked and sat at one of the open tables. It’s wasnt crazy packed but the bar was full.

Jake looked around as they walked in. It was definitely different than a bar in Vegas. Different in a good way. He chuckled. "A lot more to drink then what I'm going to drink. But makes me want to have karaoke at the cabin. Christmas songs style! Yes!" He chuckled at his awesome idea.

He took his jacket off and sat down. "What should I get that won't taste gross with a smoothie on top of it?" He looked at a small drink menu. "I kind of think I'm going with a Grape Crush. What about you?"

"We will have to go out to a bar one night in Denver. This place reminds me of Denver a bit."

She laughed and pushed his shoulder. "I mean it could be arranged. We can get an Uber." She teased. "We can do that. That would be fun, actually."

She looked at the menu and liked the one he picked, "I will have the same as you." She told him. She picked up another menu that had a list of all the songs you could pick. She smiled and looked them over. There were a few that were Christmas themed and a lot of typical karaoke songs. She found one that she wanted to do but she wanted her drink first. "I picked a song." She told him.

"That one place we went to was fun. Where I got to wear my cowboy boots! I want to go line dancing. We should do that with my brothers. Oh god, that would be fun!"

Jake shook his head. "No no. It's a rental. I better drive it."

When the waitress came over he ordered the drinks for them. When she mentioned picking out a song he looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "What song?"

"Babe...there probably isn't a lot of line dancing around Christmas." He laughed. "Baby that was a rodeo. We went to the rodeo." He laughed and chuckled before laughing harder. "You're so city it's cute." He looked over the book of songs. "I think my song choice may surprise you a bit." He told her. "It's not exactly country." He told her and smiled.

Back
Top Bottom